PDA

View Full Version : Character Interaction Spar: Eilyn VS Cal

DragonLord
10th November 2004, 11:23 AM
Cal sighed, arching his back slightly, the long lines of muscle encased within his silvered armour groaning in protest at the movment. The warm, spring sunshine beat down upon him as he took an uncommen break from his constant walking. The long grass whispered and rushed all around him, the immense oak curving high above his head lending shade to his features, his eyes closed, a slight smile on his lips.

He lifted a hand, a core ball of white energy sparking into life at his command, the Source granting the idle usage of power as he made it zip and zoom amid the tree branches, before hovering and then collapsing in on itself with rapidity. He laughed quietly, his voice echoing across the plain.

GekkoPixie
10th November 2004, 01:23 PM
Eilyn looked up at the sky, marvelling at the clouds, and causing the occasional breeze to change their shapes. From where she lay in the grass, the world seemed beautiful.
A familiar form passed by her, not noticing that she was nearby. Smiling impishly, she waited until he was focusing his magic before making her presence known.
"Hi, Cal," she said, her voice husky from lack of use. "What brings you here?"

DragonLord
10th November 2004, 02:13 PM
Cal arched his bck slightly, looking over at the familiar figure laid in the grass nearby. He inwardly cursed, appaled at his own lack of insight. He should have spotted someone lying so close and had it been an enemy, the Paladin's long quest could be over now. . . .

"Eilyn. It is good to see you again. It appears fate has consipered to bring us together once more, my lady. I come here often. I have travelled in these lands much since we parted ways. I like it here and it is busy. I know my Wards travel apart, but swiftly for it. There is always a chance that someone could have noticed them. They are, after all, hard to miss."

GekkoPixie
10th November 2004, 04:09 PM
Mysterious as always. Well met and a glorious day to you! It is good to see you as well. But you puzzle me with your words. What are these wards you speak of? Are they friends of yours?"
She sat up, leaning now on her elbows, so that she could look at him. Her right hand absently toyed with a tuft of grass. After so much travel, she had purchased new raiments, favoring a pale sky blue tunic with silver embroidery and steel gray boots that halted just above the knee. Her armor and sword lay on the ground next to her, easily accessed in a hurry. But the most striking change in her appearance was her hair. For the first time since her mother's death, it was unbraided, floating in a fiery wave along the grass, glinting magnificently in the sun's caress, occasionally lifted by the warm breeze. Her warm stormy-blue eyes were curious, with a hint of pleasure at seeing her old friend, and her generous mouth was upturned in a slight smile. "Please, humor me and share your tale."

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 03:22 AM
"My Wards are my friends yes, but more then that.I am sworn to protect them at all costs, no matter what the foe. They are two girls who were maimed by a foul creature known as the Dark One. Both once beautiful, raven haired, red lipped, pale skinned and dark eyed. Not any more. Half of one's face is a charred mess of burnt flesh and singed bone, and the others mind has been destroyed. I was imprisoned with them and given the scars that mark my flank.

"I escaped eventually and took them with me, but lost them sometime ago.I have been looking for them ever since."

Cal sighed and gestured, his armour exploding into light, leaving him dressed only in his light undershirt, trous and half shin boots. He sighed and made another gesture, an illusiory hand of light covering the stump of his left hand. After a moment it became solid and he moved it, apparently satisfied.

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 03:35 AM
Eilyn was taken aback. This was not what she had thought to hear. In fact, she had half expected to discover that his Wards were magical creatures bound to his armor , or something equally wonderous. This tale, it appeared, was much more pain-filled and heart-wrenching. She held back tears, fearing that it would dishonor him, as what he had been through was far more horrific than her tears could convey.
"It seems you have led a sad life. Would you mind telling me also how it is you lost your hand, and came to have such magical armor?" She could only hope this would be an easier story to take, but feared being wrong. Her eyes were shiny with her unshed tears, and soon, one escaped, thankfully on the side away from him. I hope he does not notice...

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 03:43 AM
Cal looked up and smiled slightly, before shaking his head. He lifted his lost hand and stared at it, befoe the illusion faded and the real reality came back. The long sliding plates of black armour slid out of the flesh of his stump, growing and shifting into a full Black Gauntlet.

"My hand. I was with a small group of warriors, not unlike ourselves, who foolishly ventured into places we should have not been. We came across a young woman, desperatly fighting against some sort of possession. She carried this Gauntlet whilst I simply had a normal gauntlet as my left hands protection.

"She attacked us, trying to touch our flesh with the Gauntlet, for it's touch brings a swift and painful death. I, in all my armour, clad from head to toe with silvered steel, was immune to her touch. I approached her and began to reason with her, helping her to throw off her possession. I almost succeded, I came so close to saving her. . .

"Then a warrior, Terra, one of our group,. lashed out at her with a knife, piercing her belly, just as she attacked me, her hands trying to raise my helm. She was dying, still standing she began to expel energy, intending to destroy herself. But even as she did so, I reached out to her, trying to save her still, despite it all. I brushed her face with my left hand, I could feel my armour touch her alabaster flesh and then she smiled and died.

"The explosion blew me back across the room and burnt my hand to a charred mess. But at my feet, hissing and spiting with the heat and the eneergy, was the Black Gauntlet. I put it on, and I FELT it cut off my left hand. Bu I could move the fingers and the hand, I could fight with it and it contained an horrific power."

"As for my armour, shield and sword, they are gifts from the Great Source of All Things, to me, It's chosen Champion for this generation. It comes and goes at my will. It is almost indestructible and it never tarnishes or rusts."

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 07:48 AM
Eilyn shifted her position, laying now prone on the grass, resting her head in her palms, her legs bent at the knee allowing her feet to swing in random circles. She almost looked like a child. Her hair was still down, framing her face with gentle waves which hilighted her alabaster skin and dark, sad eyes. She listened intently to Cal's tale, feeling all of the emotions she imagined he must have felt, and inwardly chastised his younger self for foolishly using a magic item he did not understand. Mostly, however, she was touched by his selfless attempts to save the possessed woman from her horrible destiny.
Impressed, she smiled at him. For all that, he is still a great man. No wonder he is chosen. But by whom?
"Cal, you mention that you are chosen, but I don't understand. Who chose you? Who is this 'Great Source'?"

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 07:55 AM
Cal looked up and smiled slightly, before lifting his hand and pointing at the sky, his expression reaching his eyes which seemed to dance with hidden mirth.

"The Source is the Creator. It is everything and everyone. It is nothing and no-one. It is the Light and It is the Darkness. It is the creator of Gods, Beasts, Men and Plants. Yet It is also the maker of Evil, Demons and Monsters. I am It's Champion, chosen to protect the Wards. They have a great destiny ahead of them and the Source needs it to be fulfilled or all of our worlds will simply end. But that is many years in the future. They are immortal, at least, they will never age, though they can be slain and murdered. I must keep them safe until I die and then a new Champion will be chosen."

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 08:06 AM
One Creator, eh? Her features went from interested to uncertain. "I would question the reasoning of your beliefs, but I'm certain you have them for a reason, so I will not. I must say, he must be quite powerful to have accomplished so much!" She pushed herself back so that she was sitting on her calves, and dusted the grass from her nice new outfit. Satisfied, she reached for her armor, and slid it on with the ease of a practiced warrior, her hands like a lovers on the gleaming metal.
With a mischievous smile, she glanced at Cal. "Would you ask anything of me? I will gladly trade my life stories for yours, though I admit I would like to see just how strong a fighter I am. I know I am not up to your level of skill yet, but a good round of sparring will let me know how far I have to go."

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 08:10 AM
Cal smiled and shook his head slowly, before rocking to his feet, his frame loose and agile despite his height. He glanced over at the young elf, beforre focusing his mind for an instant, his sword ripping into existance in his grasp, the silvered weapon glistening in the light.

"We can always speak more in a little while. First, you must draw blood. Come now, do not be afraid, I will not harm you and you cannot kill me . . . yet."

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 08:45 AM
Eilyn picked up her mother's sword, testing the weight in her hands to ready them. The familiar cool metal was soothing to her, reminding her of the years of practicing alongside her mother, and the excitement each new lesson held for her.
With a gentle smile, she walked toward her opponent, almost gliding along the blades of grass with the grace of a doe. At last, she faced her opponent and bent her body into a fighting stance, her visage inviting a challenge. "Don't go too easy on me, or I won't know if I'm really any good! Your move."

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 08:49 AM
Cal blinked in surprise, raising an eyebrow at the young womans confidence. She had seen his skills and still she wished to duel him. . . He shrugged, before smiling and hopping from foot to foot, loosening the muscles in his legs, lashing at the air with his sword to relieive the pressure in his forearm, before simply moving. He slid forwards and tapped the tip of his sword against Eilyn's own, before stepping back again.

"Come. Your here to spill my blood. We can work on your defence later. Remember, the best defence is a good offense."

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 08:53 AM
Why spill his blood? He's my friend! With a mental shrug, she studied Cal's stance, decided his weakest point, and kicked him in the shin, hoping to catch him off guard.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 09:00 AM
Cal's eyes widened as her toe made contact with his shin, sending a quick bolt of pain through the powerful Paladin. He growled and stepped back, lowering the point of his weapon to protect his calves.

"The sword, woman! You cannot kill a man by kicking his shin's in!"

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 09:03 AM
As soon as Cal put his sword down, she swiftly swung her sword, aiming for his exposed arm. If I connect here, it shouldn't be fatal. I know he said I couldn't kill him, but better to err on the side of caution... Realizing that her side was open to attack, she tucked into the attack, minimizing exposure.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 09:23 AM
Cal smiled as she lashed out with her sword, the Paladin lifting his Black Gauntlet, the plates closing around the blade of the weapon, a smile on the man's lips. He stepped forwards, his body an inch from hers and stabbed hissword into the dirt, reach up to tuck a trailing strand of hair behind her ear. He smiled and darted back, his sword in hand once more, releasing her blade.

"Good. Now, less trickary, just try to hit me. And I promise I won't use my Gauntlet again."

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 09:48 AM
At his sudden closeness, Eilyn's heart raced, and she felt a rush of heat in her face that seemed to radiate throughout her body. When he stepped back, she had to concentrate on not staggaring. What was that? What is this feeling? Unconciously, she put her hand over the place on her shirt where she had placed her mother's hair pin. She tried to get back into a stance, but felt herself trembling, though not with fear. I can't let him beat me like this. She concentrated for a moment, clearing her mind, and repositioned her body into a correct stance and steeled herself from her emotions. Please don't let him do that again...
Feeling uncertain, but trying desperately to hide that fact, she stepped in to swing at Cal, this time testing his movements, aiming for his head.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 09:58 AM
Cal watched her carefully, his face not registering his surprise at his own actions. What in the Source's Name had possessed him to do something so foolish? He blinked and lifted his blade in time to stop a potential damaging strike from the young woman, his eyes narrowing, before he smiled.

"Good. Now, relax. Breathe. Try and find your focus so that you can more accuratly guage your opponents movements."

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 10:05 AM
At his remark, she raised a caustic eyebrow. I see, he's trying to fluster me. I don't know how he did it, but I'll show him! She thought she detected a hesitation... Hmm... Two can play this game...
She aimed a quick blow for his right arm, then feinted toward his left, bringing herself in close.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 10:11 AM
Cal heafted his blade, bracing it near the tip with his spare hand, aiming to block both the blows. The scream of contacting steel rang out, before the two came face to face, Cal blinking down at the shorter, younger woman, now scant inchs away from his face.

"Erm, eh, good, good. Keep going. Push!"

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 10:16 AM
Eilyn pushed herself steadily closer to him, and gave a final push that brought her body up against his. Again, she felt a rush of heat, but this time she was in control. She looked up into his eyes, hoping she could undo him the way he undid her a moment ago.
"How's that? Did I push hard enough for you?", she said, her voice husky with emotion.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 10:22 AM
Cal blinked again, a little startled, before pushing and sliding back, disengaging from the young woman and quickly turning away, rubbing his face with his gauntlet, his body twisted to hide his reddened face . . . amongst other things. When he turned, he looked calm again, only now he was clad in his armour from the waist down. He coughed and when he spoke, his voice was rougher, his hand partially obscuring it as he covered his mouth from the cough.

"Good, good. But in that sort of situation, you should aim to knee your opponent in the groin if you can."

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 10:42 AM
OOC: I think she did a fair job of aiming low. ;)
IC

Eilyn re-set her stance, more than a little flustered by her seeming inability to fluster him as much as he did her. What's worse, her emotions were going crazy, her heart racing, and she was losing the battle against her shaking hands. Sweat beaded her brow as she wrestled with her internal turmoil. Outwardly, she appeared calm, if a little rosy around the cheeks, and breathing a bit more heavily than usual.
Realizing this, she thrust her sword into the earth, and cast a quick create-water spell, which she poured over herself in an attempt to cool down. Drenched, but feeling a little better, she wrung out her hair a little and reclaimed her sword. Her hair hung heavily along her body, down to her waist, and her tunic now clung to the curves of her body. She glanced at him, his top half in only clothing, and decided to follow suit. Now bare of concealing metal, the previously covered curves were now clearly outlined by her tunic, and were a sight to behold, much more so than the common elf.
Getting into stance, she apologized, "Sorry for the wait, this new shirt is warmer than I thought it would be. Where were we? Oh yes, the groin. Well, if you were my enemy, I might have done that, but we are friends. I thought you might need that later." She winked at him, following with a smile, before attacking again. This time, she feinted to the left, then right, and finally twirled entirely to the left to get behind him, striking at his side.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 10:59 AM
Cal blinked and raised and eyebrow as Eilyn first drenched her self and then shed her upper layer of armour, the Paladin mentally shrugging as he awaited her attack. He heafted his blade two handed, standing with the hilt just at his abdomen and the point aiming at Eilyn's throat in a standard middle guard. As he darted in, he refracted the first blow, watched the second fient come in and then side stapped her last blow, his foot slipping out from under him. The wet grass offered no resistance anymore as he lay sprawled on his back, lifting his Black Gauntlet and gingerly feeling the back of his head.

He looked up at the young elf now stood over him and finally his libido managed to break through and gain his brains attention. She was drenched. Without armour. In a nearly white shirt. Cal swallowed, backing away with his elbows, slithering to his feet, mopping his face again and stepping back. He growled and stepped forwards, putting his weight on his front foot as he slid in close, his blade singing as he tapped it against Eilyn's, pressing them in close again where his body weight and size would give him the edge.

Not to mention allow him to once again catch the scent of her hair. He blinked and mentally kicked himself, forcing himself to refocus.

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 11:07 AM
Eilyn smirked down at him, wondering what was distracting him so much that he would be so.... incompetent. Shrugging, she started to back away to give him some room, when he suddenly lunged at her. Their swords sang as they pressed against each other. How do you like this? Eilyn suddenly released the locked swords, twirling behind him to kick him in the butt.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 11:12 AM
Cal staggered forwards as Eilyn darted aside, the big Paladin yelping at the feel of her boot on his backside, causing his armour to ring loudly. He twitched, and flexed his arm, the long lines of muscle pulling, causing his old wounds to reopen, blood seeping out. He turned and smiled slightly, his face calm and relaxed, his eyes slightly glazed as he desperatly tried to find his own focus.

He breathed slowly, forcing his heart rate down, before stepping in towards Eilyn, sword at the ready, pressuring her into movement, intending to strike when she made a mistake.

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 11:23 AM
Eilyn was beginning to enjoy herself. Here she was battling the warrior she respected most, and so far the only real blow was her foot connecting with his rear! Smiling to herself she readied herself. His features appeared determined, his eyes a little wild. And then, she saw the blood. Cold fear ripped through her body. She knew what it was, and that he was used to it, but she still could not handle the pain in her chest whenever it happened. Her eyes bore into his, pleading with him to let her stop. She didn't want to hurt him...

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 11:33 AM
Cal blinked at Eilyn's expression, before glancing down at himself. He spotted the blood trickling down to his hip and stepped back, letting his sword vanish into midair, before padding back over to the tree and sitting down. resting himself again. He looked over at her and waved a hand at her, a smile on his face.

"Don't worry about it. This duel was to first blood and you got first blood. Well done. Don't worry. The flesh is numb. It doesn't really hurt anymore. Sit down. It's your turn to tell me about yourself."

Cal reached into his pack and pulled out a pair of apples, offering one to Eilyn.

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 11:38 AM
Eilyn sighed relief, thanking every Element there was that he didn't push her to continue. Greatful, she took the offered apple, and sat down next to him, laying her precious sword at their feet. She took a bite, chewing and swallowing before answering him.
"Well, what do you want to know? I'll tell you all my secrets." She gave him a conspiratory wink.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 11:43 AM
Cal smiled back and nodded, his dark eyes watchign her features carefully. It was obvious he was a close study of people and this time he was studying her. He gestured at the sword lying at her feet and at the armour covering her slender legs.

"What about your equipment. How did you come across it?"

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 11:53 AM
Sobered a little by his question, Eilyn took a moment to prepare for her answer. He had been candid with her, he deserved the same in return.
"Centuries ago, my mother came into them, one by chance, one by grace. She never really told me much about them, though she bore them with great pride. When I was younger, she would teach me how to wield the sword, and how to wear armor properly. Eventually, she would spar with me. My mother was a wonderful woman, but haunted, both with pain and love. She would sometimes just stare at me, a wistful gleam in her eye... I never knew what she was thinking, though now I think I need to know." She stopped and looked at Cal, a small smirk on her lips. "Anyway, I received them when she died. She hid them and me in a small tunnel under our home while the orc raiders slaughtered her. I can still hear their screams as she brought down lightening bolts on them. That is the only comfort I still have."

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 11:59 AM
Cal blinked and nodded, leaning back, his face drawn with the lines of aging before his time. He sighed and looked up at the gently waving branches of the oak above him, the tree whispering and rustling to itself quielty.

"Though your story saddens me, it is one I am familair with. Take heart in that you can remember your family. The Dark One stole my past from me. All I can remember is darkness and pain."

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 12:10 PM
Understanding his pain, Eilyn felt somehow connected to Cal, and also oddly at ease. So much so, that she did not even think about it when she leaned her head on his shoulder, partially for his comfort, and for her own.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 12:20 PM
Cal blinked in surprise, before looking down at the beautiful young woman resting her head on his shoulder, his eyebrow vanishing up into his hairline, before he sighed and looked up at the tree again, watching a small bird flit from branch to branch. He smiled and gestured in the air, focusing his mind into the illusion, before a bird of light flutered down and landed lightly on Eilyn's thgih, cocking it's head and looking up at her, it's sparrow eyes bright and sparkling, before Cal solidifiedthe illusion, giving it colour, the creatures breat blood red,the brown plumage around it in no way hiding the little robin's bright colours.

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 12:25 PM
Eilyn tried hard not to move too quickly, hoping she would not dispel the beautiful illusion. Delighted, a beaming smile on her face, she simply watched the little bird for a moment, then reached out for it with her right hand, hoping to hold the creature of light, the gift from Cal. With her left hand she gently touched Cal's arm, a gesture of thanks. She looked up at him...

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 12:29 PM
Cal smiled slightly, before he remembered himself. He coughed and stood slowly upright, dispelling the bird with a gesture, his fingers turning the tiny creature back into light, before he moved away, rustling aimlessly through his pack.

"Well, so, erm, what brings you all the way out here then?"

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 12:33 PM
Startled at his sudden movement, Eilyn, still seated, turned her upper body toward him making it easier to look at him. A frown creased her pretty features. "I came here looking for you, actually. I was in the town west of here, and heard someone talking about someone fitting your description being in the area. I thought I would say hello. But, I think the more important question is 'What's you're problem?'"

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 12:41 PM
Cal stood up, his armour rustling as it unfolded into being across his body the long plates of steel seeming to grow from his very flesh, his face dark with anger, before it vanished from view under the faceless mask of his helmet. He turned to face her, his face unviewable, thoguh a dull hum filled the air as his helmet powered up. Within it, Cal was blind for an instant, until it activeated, showing the world around him, though in a blood red tint instead of it's normal colours. Cal could easily correct this minor fault, but it reminded him of what he was once. What he had done.

"What's my problem? I am the Chosen of the Souce! I am Accursed! Did you think I bore that title in jest? When I saw my Wards on that table, in that cell, though I didn't know it at the time, it wasn't the first time I had laid eyes on them!

I told you the Dark One had taken my memories. Well, who do you think CAPURED my Wards in the first place? It was me! I ran them down across a snowfield, clubbed them unconsious and dropped them at the Dark's One's throne! And I loved every minute of it! You wanted to know who I am? I'm a damned monster who doesn't even know his own past or why he's been chosen by the Source for this! I am the reason my Wards are maimed and they found out! That is why I cannot find them! The Eldest is training herself to KILL me and the youngest just fled in blind horror!

And now here I am, sitting under a tree with someone so beautiful, and you want me to be calm, to be happy with who I am? I CAN'T! I HAVE to absolve myself! I have to find them and redeem myself for what I did to them!"

Cal fell forwards onto his knees, his Faceless Helm unfolding from his head, his eyes screwed up and his face red with rage and impotant anger, his fists beating at the ground as bitter tears fell unbidden from his eyes.

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 12:53 PM
For a moment, Eilyn could not move, but only stare in horror as her friend turned into a frightening Knight of Rage. Horrified at what he had done in the past, and saddened by his pain, she waited out his impotent storm. When he fell to his knees, and the tears began to flow, she found herself compelled toward him, moved by compassion to comfort him. Once she was close to him, she dropped to her knees beside him, and gathered his weeping body close to her, putting his head on her shoulder.
"Shh. Let it out." This man is so tortured. Doesn't he know that he has paid his pennance to them, cleansed his soul with his own blood? She did not dare say that aloud, for fear of further upsetting him.

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 01:08 PM
Cal swallowed, trying to compose himself, muttering a rough prayer in his native tongue, the words harsh and brash, thier meanings lost on the Elf ho held him in her arms. He sniffed twice, before lifting his hands to his face and rubbing it clean, stepping upright again and shaking his head to clear it. He looked around and gestured with his left hand, forgetting himself for a moment, allowing a spray of acid from the Gauntlet to flicker over Eilyn's features. He gasped and swore, bolting to her side, before he halted, his face set in surpise, his jaw open, as the acid hissed and bubbled away into nothing, doing her no harm.

"But, but how? That's impossible? Only my Wards and I are immune to the Acid of Darkness!"

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 01:15 PM
Eilyn saw the droplets of acid coming toward her, and was still in too much shock to move. Somehow, however, no harm came to her. Puzzled, she could only look at Cal.
"But, but how? That's impossible? Only my Wards and I are immune to the Acid of Darkness!"
"Cal, what just happened? What does this mean?"

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 01:19 PM
"I, I don't know. Others have thrown off it's effects before, but it always hurt them and they where always extreamly powerul, or skilled or both.By all rights, you should be dead now! But, unless. . . the Acid cannot harm me, because it is part of me, and the Wards are connected to me because of my Oath and the Source's grace. This could mean that, in some way I am either connected to you, or we are destined to be connected . . ."

GekkoPixie
11th November 2004, 01:27 PM
Eilyn's head swam in confusion. Her emotions raged within her, uncertainty, happiness, anger, sadness, and something else she could not name. Her head began to hurt, her vision blurred and turned black, her body limp...

DragonLord
11th November 2004, 01:31 PM
Cal darted forwards, catching the young elf in his arms as she feel. He checked her breathing, before her heartbeat, hesitating, before placing an now unarmoured hand on her ample chest. He sighed, relieved that her heart still beat strongly. Fishing about in his pouch, he pulled out a small vial of smelling sltas and waved it under her nose, looking down at her anxiously.

GekkoPixie
12th November 2004, 06:09 AM
Random visions of a younger Cal came to her, so quickly that she could not focus on them before they were gone. Cal, wild-eyed, looking down on 2 helpless girls as he clubbed their prone bodies. Before a horrible Dark Lord. Being tossed into a cell with the girls. Hanging from a cross, then breaking his own arm to free himself. Saving the girls he once harmed. And then, a vision of the Dark Lord again, and someone beside him, someone familiar...
And then it was over. Her eyes flitted open to see the worried face of the Cal she knew, or thought she did. "Cal? Cal, we have to find your wards! Something bad is going to happen! And who... who was he?" She grasped at his shirt, demanding, wild-eyed and scared. "Who was the man beside him?"

DragonLord
12th November 2004, 07:01 AM
Cal made a curious chocking noise, something like, Ghurk! as Eilyn's hands closed around his shirt, pulling it tight around his throat. He swallowed, or tried to, his face darkening as the blod supply was cut off. Boltingupright, he pulled Eilyn's fingers loose and set her down, before hopping away, none too gently.

"What man? What in the Source's Name are you talking about?"

GekkoPixie
12th November 2004, 07:26 AM
Suddenly, the memory of the vision was not so clear, and she had a difficult time recalling what she had been talking about. The wild look that she had worn now disipated into on of uncertainty. "I don't know who he was... What's going on? What happened?"

DragonLord
12th November 2004, 07:32 AM
Cal ground his teeth, his face white with fury, before he gestured at the air, his armour folding around him, his helm encasing his face once more. He glanced overthe waving grass towards the tree and motioned at his pack, the wards inside it causing it jump into his grasp. Slinging it across his shoulders, he turned and began to pad away, pausing after a moment to glance back at Eilyn, still stood on the hill.

"You, Seer, had a vision. My Faceless Helm tells me that you speak true. I must go and find my Wards. I have sworn to save them, and I can never forgive myself if they die whilst I fritter away my hours, even with one as fair as you, milady. I have no doubt I will see you again at some point, as our fates seem to be linked in someway. Until then, walk safely."

Without another word, his long legs sissoring through the grass, Cal stepped forth onto the road, following it's wending way towards the sun's disc, glowing dull in the distance.

GekkoPixie
12th November 2004, 07:55 AM
Eilyn hesitated only a moment before quickly grabbing her things and chasing after Cal. "You're not going anywhere without me. You're right, something does bind us, and I'm not leaving your side until I know what it is. And I'm going to help you find your Wards, whether you like it or not! They are part of my destiny too!" Though much shorter than him, she managed to catch up to him quickly.

DragonLord
12th November 2004, 08:01 AM
Cal glanced over at her, rocking his armoured head to one side, the scanners tracing over her face before he laughed, the voice and noise metallic from inside his helm.

"I get the feeling that there is no point in arguing with you. Very well. But don't blame me if you do not like what you find. Oh, and Eilyn? Thank you."

FIN