PDA

View Full Version : Threats in the Alliance Affiliation?

DoubleD_Kill
18th November 2006, 02:58 PM
Well, what do you think about them?

I mean the ones, Ohw, don't recon or attack me or I will sab you, and etc.

Well my personal opinion is it's kinda n00bish in a way, and abusing something that KoC set up for Alliance Affiliations to profit themselves other than people know what alliance they're in.

Ohw well, just curious of what everyone thinks :)

DoubleD_Kill aka Daniel
~FF Leader~

~mini~
18th November 2006, 03:02 PM
the allience thingy was good for like 2 hours

now people put recon/attack/probe and you will be sabbed

4/5 of those people dont have any spy....

Conpmana
18th November 2006, 03:11 PM
I joined a sab chain this age so mine means what it says, now granted i dont have much spy yet but logs are logs anyone in mine gets sabed, I will just wait until they have weapons.

DoubleD_Kill
18th November 2006, 03:16 PM
But still people know that by seeing the alliance that you're in, not by reading a Alliance Affiliation box that just is being used to threaten people, no?
Besides, if you're a big time sabber and just want to sab, you wouldn't say so and just let them hit you so that you can sab them, no?

Conpmana
18th November 2006, 03:21 PM
I dont think everone knows that even with the message I dont think it means much to most: 54 attacks total | page 1 of 2

So poeple who know what clan i'm in might not attack but others just dont care even with the message so will make fun for sabbing, I like the new message you can put on, now the player that gets sabed cant say he or she didnt know

DoubleD_Kill
18th November 2006, 03:40 PM
Sure, but I mean it's still kind of abusing the system set up for it.

But I like it though, if someone that has that kind of thing written in theyres I will sab them if they do it to me, but doesn't let me do it to them :P So it's nice to know lol

Uvi
18th November 2006, 04:07 PM
WHO GIVES A FLYING KETTLE?

DoubleD_Kill
18th November 2006, 04:34 PM
/me always gives a flying kittle to his friends
:P
Well, it's just nice to know everyones opinions <-_>

FingazXpress
18th November 2006, 04:55 PM
Well if anyone wants to kno who real anything is then they shud tested it

taco_man1
18th November 2006, 05:13 PM
USEFUL = i sab for probes and how many hits they consider farming.

NOT useful = I sab for probes, gold hits, messages, recons, sneezes, and deep breathing...

I pay attention, and abide by the first set, I laugh at, and ignore the 2nd set.

matt_77
18th November 2006, 05:36 PM
For once i have to agree with DD here, i look at vivs AA and see this

Leader -Abaddon Crusaders- We eat ur fucking babies, we sab for recons, probes and gold hits too bitches! you touch my offies, ill rip ur dick off and shove it so far up ur butt ull give urself head!

thats just plain stupid, like jesus christ. Dont know how she got were she is but thats one of the dumber things ive seen in koc.

And sab for recons, get serious, cry me a river oh no you reconed me AWW run.. i think that the AA is getting totally misused by people of this nature. mostly sabbers, and this is coming from a sabber

GiantDave_WoC
18th November 2006, 05:51 PM
I think it's stupid. It should have your alliance in and thats all. I think sabbing for hits ruins the game. Hypocritical yes I know :P

GiantDave

supercharged_boris
18th November 2006, 10:39 PM
i like the idea of the aa
but as with everything their will allways be a missuse
ive seen some amusing ones and some just plain sad and pathetic

if used properly they could stop accidental hits within big chains
which when you think about it will save time
you dont have to check like 10 + places above the target you want to hit
just to find out their in chain

DeathKnight86
18th November 2006, 11:22 PM
i just cant wait until people start sabbing others and their reason is "well i told him not to attack me in my AA or id sab him but he attacked me so he was warned" and start a big ass war. people should use it for what it is meant for and perhaps a little tidbit like "3k clicks to any decent clicking officers" or "i sab probers and farmers" anything else is just retarded.
just wait for the first war to start over stupid shit said in the AA...

Darkdan14
19th November 2006, 02:18 AM
Whats the point? Whos going to listen to them? Most of them are by n00bs who can't do anything to you anyway. Why advertise what you are going to do to people, just do it :) It's more of a surprise that way.

Don-
19th November 2006, 03:11 AM
yeah i think it takes a level of responisbilty into the end users Hands and look what happens?? Its a good idea, lets not abuse it ;-) best just to have ur alliance name thats it.

Rogue_ST
19th November 2006, 04:38 AM
It's just a bit of fun, some are interesting and funny.

If they stop someone from probeing attacking, then the message has done its job.

Sarge
19th November 2006, 04:52 AM
I think the Alliance Affiliation thing is good, as long as it's used to show other players what alliance you are in. But to threaten people in it? I believe that's just sad. Some page 1 people really think they are god when you read what they put in it, 'till they get chained by someone and then they start crying 'cause their almighty powers can't save them. If you can't scare off people by the chain you're in or the account you have, and then have to resort to threatening, I really pitty you. Some people just trying to create an image of 'bad boy' when they fail to do so in RL. Asking not to probe is somewhat 'ok', but still... use the message for what it was meant to be.

Gummy06
19th November 2006, 06:56 AM
AA is gettin abused 2 much.....

alll i got is

"shortened"

def is X amount if you dont belive me recon me .....
and dont probe attack.......

thats it..... some people say dont attack or recon me.....

there tryin 2 ruling out 2 parts of the game...

if you cant attack that means theres no point in havin attack so that means no point in havin def... so that means 2 stats left * sentry and Spy* and there useless if you anit got Def or Att 2 protect / sab.

skater_
19th November 2006, 08:49 AM
awww matt honey <3333 what will be in your AA? "Please dont ban me, im not a cheater PS: im jealous of viv" mkay thats one..

if your going to "kick (so much) ass" again this age, then start sabbing me pls just so we all know your nick immediately and see who will be laughed at cuz you obviously think your the only one to laugh at others isnt it big daddy sabber? btw do it with the main account, im not interested in 397 others..

leave viv alone mate, theres no point in trying to make her look bad because she just pwned you, she pwned you and will always pwn you, have a good age matt <3333

and to answer the poll: i voted "who cares?" only cuz i dont give a damn whats in ppls AA

skater_00

blackness
19th November 2006, 09:00 AM
I think the admins alllowed to much crap to be in them. I liked the overall idea of it but when I have to scroll 5 pages right just to see if they even have officers and stuff that is a bit retarted. I have my 2 alliances I am in and the PR farming policy. Could I shrink the alliances yeah I could but I tried to make it nice and neat keep in mind as I view it (each cp is different) its 4 lines but 1,2 are alliances and 3 and 4 is the farming policy. I did however bust a guy that was full of it the other day. It said something like "I have 40 million DA so dont even bother." I was like hmmm wow thats not a bad idea that could really avoid newbie attacks then spied him to see and it was more like 12 million. I mean I know I should have expected it but at the same time was a bit shocked that it was such a lie right there in the AA. Then again if it works for him not to be attacked so much not going to knock it.

blackness

Venom-
19th November 2006, 05:50 PM
For once i have to agree with DD here, i look at vivs AA and see this

Leader -Abaddon Crusaders- We eat ur fucking babies, we sab for recons, probes and gold hits too bitches! you touch my offies, ill rip ur dick off and shove it so far up ur butt ull give urself head!

thats just plain stupid, like jesus christ. Dont know how she got were she is but thats one of the dumber things ive seen in koc.

And sab for recons, get serious, cry me a river oh no you reconed me AWW run.. i think that the AA is getting totally misused by people of this nature. mostly sabbers, and this is coming from a sabber

For once, I im going to agree with matt ;) we've had our issues in the past but I totally agree with you. It also has alot to do with people thinking they are hardasses or being ignorant. As for viv's well...

Vivlady

Alliance Affiliation: Leader Abaddon Crusaders...yes, we do sab for recons blah blah, but PLEASE dont let that stop you, we dont mind the attention BTW it is glitter buddy week and Matt_77 is ACs Glitter Buddy of the WEEK!! weee

I can see someone is really maturing each age :p . AA wasen't made for people to show how hard they can be. I think someone shows a real level of maturity especially with that eating babies crap. Viv's defense was lighten up. Well last I checked Viv was the one taking Koc seriously, especially on irc.

just my 2 cents ;)

<33 matt

awww matt honey <3333 what will be in your AA? "Please dont ban me, im not a cheater PS: im jealous of viv" mkay thats one..

Skater_, first off if your going to bring up cheating. Matt can't compete with viv when it comes to cheating, think about this if she hadn't been cheating she would never have been hacked loads of times. Last I checked people weren't brute hacking accounts. How many times was Matt banned/hacked compared to Viv? Your right she totally owns him there. But thats about all the owning shes done.

Krystin
19th November 2006, 06:42 PM
This thread is not about matt_77 vs. Vivlady, it's about AA. Yes, some are stupid, some are downright rediculous and I've yet to see where someone said where they thought one was decent.

That people utilize AA as a tactic to try and scare others off, well, it's just a tactic.

So, lets keep it civil please

studstar_tll
19th November 2006, 07:39 PM
i think the alliance this is good,, at least people know your intent, irregardless whether its a lie or not :)

Loki-of-Chaos
19th November 2006, 07:52 PM
I voted who cares and looking forward to testing those "recon me and die" types :turkey:

rdj
19th November 2006, 07:53 PM
Tbh, I don't see why any of you should care what others put in their own edit boxes. If I wanted to put "p1e iz gud!" in there, that's my prerogative.

Asianguard
19th November 2006, 08:26 PM
meh i dont really care...but i find it a bit stupid when half of KoC has "dont attack or recon me or I will sab you"

Conpmana
19th November 2006, 08:26 PM
Since poeple are taking the AA way to serious I changed mine to be less threating----I hope this meets the approval of all who have posted about it.

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/stats.php?id=3474427

Krystin
19th November 2006, 08:54 PM
I was hoping for something at least funny, Conpmana :(

And it is not really people complaining, but saying that what some people put in for a message is stupid. I have to agree, what some people have put is rather stupid, but it doesnt matter and it means less than nothing. It's honestly nothing to get anyone's panties in a twist about.

Conpmana
19th November 2006, 09:36 PM
I was hoping for something at least funny, Conpmana :(

And it is not really people complaining, but saying that what some people put in for a message is stupid. I have to agree, what some people have put is rather stupid, but it doesnt matter and it means less than nothing. It's honestly nothing to get anyone's panties in a twist about.

I couldnt agree more I will think of a funny one, maybe start the funny aa message of the week thread.

CrippledLucifer-
19th November 2006, 11:25 PM
Name: conpmana
Commander: Vivlady_
Race: Elves
Alliance Affiliation: The_AC---steal my gold please I wont sab you I swear, attack me 5 times per day I promise I won't sab you, probe me please my da is 5,000k I'm an easy target so attack me I wont sab I swear:)

my little bro can be more sarcastic than that...

on topic: who cares? i got my own smartass AA msg, i dont expect people to approve or disapprove it. as rdj said, it's my box, i can put whatever i want in there. if ya like it, feel free to send me some fan mail :raiseroof

aglassinthesink
20th November 2006, 05:26 AM
User Stats
Name: aglassinthesinky
Commander: Rowe
Race: Elves
Alliance Affiliation: - The Humping Turtle Clan - Ever made love to a turtle? ever wanted to? this could be your chance ;)

i've decided to put a funny one there just to see if anyone PM's me about them. they did. i laughed. it was nice.

Venom-
20th November 2006, 06:26 AM
Tbh, I don't see why any of you should care what others put in their own edit boxes. If I wanted to put "p1e iz gud!" in there, that's my prerogative.

Yes its your choice to put whatever you want in your own box, but whats the boundaries on it? What if someone started putting "Kill all the jews, finish Hitlers dream" or other comments such as that? Don't you think that would be a bit wrong? If everyone went around doing just that, you could attack peoples ethnicities and religions.

venom-

Conpmana
20th November 2006, 02:11 PM
Yes its your choice to put whatever you want in your own box, but whats the boundaries on it? What if someone started putting "Kill all the jews, finish Hitlers dream" or other comments such as that? Don't you think that would be a bit wrong? If everyone went around doing just that, you could attack peoples ethnicities and religions.

venom-

Nobody has gone there but now you plant the seed, if someone did I think an e-mail to the now active admins would take care of that. I bet your cup is always half empty.

rdj
20th November 2006, 02:40 PM
Actually, I really wouldn't care if someone put "Heil Hitler!" in there. It's the internet. There be jackasses about =P.

Gummy06
20th November 2006, 06:31 PM
would it really matter if they did put Hail Hitler??? and what could the admin do if you hada n offensive msg ?

rdj
20th November 2006, 06:50 PM
Well, they could ban you or take away your aa. They can do w/e they want with their game.

Apocalypse2
20th November 2006, 08:03 PM

venom-

Back in Age 4, there was an entire chain made up of people named "Hitler" or something like that, and stuff that supported it. We sabbed that chain (my friends that were still playing at the time) untill they went inactive/we got bored.

As for threats in AA...I don't really see the point in it. It's pointless, as most people will go for the attack anyway, or be tempted to do it just because of their message.

Gaurgwath
20th November 2006, 08:22 PM
Total noobism. I'm more likely to hit you if you do have one.

And as for putting offensive stuff in the AA box. Let the players take care of it. If some player, or alliance starts using the AA box as a place to display slurs, just sab em. The admins don't need to babysit 37,000 accounts just to make sure everybody's playing nice.

bss-betty
20th November 2006, 08:38 PM
AA thing is not much good now, even tell others his/her alliance but surely i dont get it. some of them might change to all alliance they want easily.. who cares ? for me, it's better the AA was in selected box where the value is stated, and cannot be update. e.g if you're from alliance name xyz, then the AA must be "xyz". simple, plain and easier to read. oh, btw, please guys dont put the "do not attack, sab or probe sign there" coz it's bored

Tycho_Bloodbeard
21st November 2006, 03:09 PM
Meh, I'm all in favour of freedom of speech.

I don't have a problem with people telling me that attacking them may result in sabs. Many of those that I attacked last age (haven't used my turns yet) were sabbing me for gold hits, too. Didn't stop them or me.

Irrespective of the tag or message, if the account looks tasty (e.g. high tff and gold lying around) I'll recon and attack. I don't probe because it is expensive. And last age I was sabotaging probers without the message. At least this time around they know ahead of time.

Tycho

Jezuzz
21st November 2006, 04:32 PM
I dont understand why people put DONT ATTACK ME DONT PROB ME OR RECON or I sab you.

I wish I had more probers so I can sab more :D I only have 1 -_- and he cant be sabbed l0l

Drumnadrochit-
21st November 2006, 04:53 PM
Who cares?

It's free for everyone to put there what they want. But yes, I think the Alliance should be in it at least. Not much use putting any text at all there then, if the Alliance isn't put there. That's what it is for.

Personally I have this;
United Legends - prob me and I will sab you. Attacks for less than 18 million Gold - the same. Have fun.

Shows which alliance you're in and when someone crosses the line. :o

MetZenDS
25th November 2006, 09:38 AM
If someone wants your gold, their gonna take it. THATS THE DAMN GAME! If someone sabbs me for a gold hit- they're gay. You left it in there, so I took it.. its not like I woke up and said, "i'm gonna hit (insert asshole here) today because I just wanna..." I don't mind if people sab for probes. Its bullshit and costs me more money to fix my weapons. If i recon you and you get all pissy, blow me, IT DOES NOT HURT YOUR ACCOUNT! If I attack you because you didn't spend your gold, blow me, thats your damn fault for not spending it. If you don't like me... blow me.. Everyone is going to do pretty much whatever they want with their AA message anyways, unless the admins change it to a drop down of approved alliances on GUA. Untill they, I will continue to gold hit for however much I want, and recon whoever I want. If i take your money- its your fault. Up your DA, or spend your gold more often. If i hurt your feelings with my post, DONT CARE! If i get sabbed over this post, oh freakin well, I'll rebuild. THATS THE WAY THE GAME WORKS! if it wasn't, you couldn't do it.

El_Lion
25th November 2006, 09:56 AM
Indeed it's kinda lame to see threads comming up instead of the alliance you are in.

But I do like the option though.

Xzeihoranth
27th November 2006, 06:19 PM
i like it when there is actually an alliance named, i recall an earlier post regarding hitting own chain members, and i felt bad whenever i did.
currently, mine says "Insomniacs" (just under Gem-)
also, i sab anyone i see who has "attack/recon/sniff and get sabbed" in their affiliation...and WHAT REALLY PISSES ME THE HELL OFF IS WHEN I GET PROBED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS "NO PROBES" INSIDE THEIR AFFILIATION!
so far the few people who have probed me under those circumstances...arent fairing too well...conpmara ur officer is one

Lskoc
27th November 2006, 06:42 PM
Abaddon Crusaders -We Sab for Probes and Gold Hits

That about says it all, we are a sab chain so we sab people. I always sab probers just because they are to lazy to recon.

rdj
27th November 2006, 06:49 PM
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/stats.php?id=3715077

Not that it's threatening, but just putting one gigantic word in your aa is just annoyin -.-;.

DeaTH_BLooM
28th November 2006, 03:45 AM
i wrote my DA and my DA rank in AA to get rid of noob probers.people have 100k SA and probe me (btw my rank is between 3500-4000) .so i wrote "probe (use 1 attack turn) and get sabbed."and wrote my DA and DA rank.

and it works :).i am less attacked now.maybe it's because of i have good sentry ranking now since i understood how important to hide ur gold from noobz.and i am trying to spend my gold more often.

hitting me for gold nope,reconning me nope but probing is really annoying.so my elf officer work well when someone probes me :).

this is a game.people should stop threatining people.writing "i sab for recons and gold hits" is bullshit.so people who writes that my advice is to create a server for urselves and start playing there without attacking or reconing eacothers :D .or maybe admins should change the rules for u.a game without attacking and reconning would be fun don't ya think so guys? lol

and one last thing.if i join into an allience one day (now i am in a small chain),the first thing i will want from my commander in the case of joining them will be mass attack-sab those people in the last days of the age,who write in AA "i sab for gold hit and recons".yeah it is for u viv...

i am serious i am having notes of these AA parts.and i already have nearly 400-450 people in my list.if i join in an allience, the last days of the age will really be fun for them :D

stealmycan
28th November 2006, 05:02 PM
Actually, someone farmed me, twice in 14 hours, so I sabbed them back, and they said "You cant sab me without giving a warning that you sab farmers."

So apparently people need a gentle reminder to not farm me.

Lskoc
28th November 2006, 05:44 PM
and one last thing.if i join into an allience one day (now i am in a small chain),the first thing i will want from my commander in the case of joining them will be mass attack-sab those people in the last days of the age,who write in AA "i sab for gold hit and recons".yeah it is for u viv...

i am serious i am having notes of these AA parts.and i already have nearly 400-450 people in my list.if i join in an allience, the last days of the age will really be fun for them :D

Good luck with that, I am sure your new commander will be all about sabbing a sab chain at the end of the age because of your list. :crackhead

DeaTH_BLooM
29th November 2006, 10:20 AM
Good luck with that, I am sure your new commander will be all about sabbing a sab chain at the end of the age because of your list. :crackhead

what about mass-attack?i mean if i join in a big clan...there will be 500 members.and the last 2-3 days 500 people with 5x1???i think they can't rebuild :biteme:

Schadenfreude
29th November 2006, 10:45 AM
AA is new this age, everyones trying to out-badass each other. Later in the age i`m sure peeps will settle down with it, and start of next age, it`ll all start again, new n00bs and no da accounts not wanting to get probed.

My AA has only the clan i`m in, no warnings nothing, if you don`t know how we play and are prepared to take the risk then be my guest. I`m with Jezuzz here, more probers plz :)

@DeaTH_BLooM,

"what about mass-attack?i mean if i join in a big clan...there will be 500 members.and the last 2-3 days 500 people with 5x1???i think they can't rebuild"

Firstly, most sabbers don`t care for rank, so what if we lose a few IS and BPM`s, its really not a big deal. Sabbers start the age knowing end of age they`ll probably rank low, its all about the fun to be had during the age, not the final rank acheived. Completely different mindset.

Not everyone plays rank accounts, sabbers play to sab, how else do you expect them to find targets, you`d soon bitch and whine if they random sabbed you, so instead they find targets from their logs. Has been going on for many an age and whilst sabbing is part of the game it`ll continue to. Good luck finding a non sab chain commander that wants to take you as an officer. Rank chains will not war sab chains in the last days of age as the weapons they can lose can be the difference between a page 1 and a page 2 account. Also declaring war so early in the age for an end of age war, will pretty much gurantee you`ll be sabbed all age. Might wanna re-think that strategy a little ;) Feel free to add me to your list, i sab all logs, even if my AA doesn`t state that.

DES-tudent
29th November 2006, 12:59 PM
I like the AA, so i can see what chain i am attacking or see if it is nobody from my own chain. About the abusive language in it. I think as soon as the admins ban/suspend some people over having a abusive AA, almost all will have a "decent" one and all that say they will not change it etc., will do.

DMD
29th November 2006, 02:54 PM
They are cool, useful and purposeful, unless they are used inappropriatly! like just about everyone in KOC does! thier design is great! and I love them except when people put bs in them!

Lskoc
1st December 2006, 09:49 PM
what about mass-attack?i mean if i join in a big clan...there will be 500 members.and the last 2-3 days 500 people with 5x1???i think they can't rebuild :biteme:

2-3 days? After Age 6's 2 hour warning you should totally be able to find 2 or 3 of your new clan members to.....awww fuck it, your just a :tool: