PDA

View Full Version : Sims Crash

Phyrus
9th November 2004, 06:37 PM
Alright, i have the sims on my computer with win XP professional on it (not XP home).

sims use to run fine on my old comp which was win 98 with 512SDRAM, but now on my current comp which is 512DDR and 128mb geforce fx 5200 VGA, but lately when i try to play the sims, it crashes back to desktop when i drag the cursor of a house when i goto play one of the families.

ive tried every single help guide on thesims.com that they offer (both extended and consolidated ones), yet nothing works. they comment on how you should turn off or reduce use of directx or nvidia or something but im not sure.

little help?

TheOne
9th November 2004, 07:15 PM
Try taking a look at this site. http://www.mallofthesims.com/resources/troubleshooting.php?page=1

It basically tells you to update your drivers. (Use windows update)

If None of that stuff works.. Are you running SP2?

TheOne
10th November 2004, 04:05 AM
I just remembered, I had the Same setup as you, except for using home instead of Prof.

The Sims slows down Majorly whenever the PiP window is activated.

The reason for the crashing is that in Windows XP Administrator accounts are instated. I think the problem I had with it crashing was due to me trying to run it from a non-administrator account.

It is possible to run The Sims from a non-admin account, Your profile has to have created the files..
By cutting (not copying) the saved game files to the shared docs folder and cutting them back, they are then created by you.
Once a admin account modifies them tho, they become admin again.

If you are running an admin account, then I dont know...