PDA

View Full Version : c++ tutorial

scared_man7
30th October 2006, 12:22 PM
hi i am looking for a c++ tutorial but all the tutorial i find i cant understand as of the way there written i am looking for one that is written like the following:

how to print text:
< how to print text in c++ >

and not like this

varriables:
< blah blah crap about varriable i dont care about >

if anyone can tell me of a tutorial like this on c++ i would be very happy.

Crayon Violent
30th October 2006, 02:32 PM
okay here is the official "hello world" for c++:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main () {
cout << "Hello World!";
return 0;
}

this is about the most minimum you can make a c++ code to write some text on the screen.

cout << "Hello World!";

is the line that actually prints the text out on the screen. Note that this does not output text in some windows window or something. It ouputs it at the command line. If you wanna make it in some box/window in your windows, then there's a whole list of blah blah crap that you're just going to have to care about.

p.s.- you also need a compiler to compile it into an executable file. I hope you don't think c++ is some easy thing like html or something...

scared_man7
3rd November 2006, 12:14 PM
im no longer looking to learn c++ instead i am going to be looking for a gd site or book to learn how to write php codes if anyone knows of any php sites or books plz send me a link

Crayon Violent
3rd November 2006, 01:02 PM
www.phpfreaks.com (http://www.phpfreaks.com)

scared_man7
3rd November 2006, 01:06 PM
thx for the site

Shane-
3rd November 2006, 03:53 PM
im no longer looking to learn c++ instead i am going to be looking for a gd site or book to learn how to write php codes if anyone knows of any php sites or books plz send me a link

www.php.net also a good website

Shane

Crayon Violent
3rd November 2006, 04:42 PM
well www.php.net is the best site, as it is the home of php and its manual, but the manual can be somewhat confusing to navigate, and somewhat unforgiving in explaining things in the easiest way. Virtually everybody I know who has embarked upon the quest for php knowledge has started out by buying a book or reading online tuts, and then going straight to the manual after learning the basics, from there on out.

But php.net is not really all that great for asking questions about programming methods, logic, helping debug your code, or even the why's and how's of the functions/syntax rules/etc.. . that's why I suggested phpfreaks.com, because it's a great community for that, as well as being a place for tuts, getting code snippets, etc...

scared_man7
4th November 2006, 05:40 AM
thx for the help