PDA

View Full Version : Allowing Breaks in Commanders Messages

radioplug14
8th October 2006, 07:20 AM
This one is simple to plan/code. I just want to be able to click enter when I'm typing a commander's message, and have enter bring it down to the next line. I don't know about you guys, but I hate the fact that the message is all squished together. If it's a problem of making a message to long, limit the amout of breaks to 5 or 7 or something...but it is really annoying that I can't accentuate parts of the message. That, or have a bolding function or an italicizing function.

What do you guys think?

LoseR
8th October 2006, 08:39 AM
that is pretty annoying, so this is a good idea. also, having the option to hide a really long commander message seems very appealing.

cutthroatassassins
8th October 2006, 11:42 AM
until someone does this just make the space in the commanders notice with breaks like: -------------------- or >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Just do something like that and it will appear less squished.

r0b-dog
10th October 2006, 10:39 PM
i think thats is good limit the command message make a small box with a toolbar to contain it instead of the message taking up the whole command centre..

radioplug14
11th October 2006, 02:10 PM
I'm just asking that we are allowed to hit enter and have the text on a new line. And as I said, you can restrict how many of those you get or something like that. I'm not really talking about changing the potential length of the commanders message.

Whishy
11th October 2006, 07:29 PM
I Was Able To Put Breaks In My Message...Dunno How Tho (And No I Didn't Space It All Out) =\

But That Was Once, N Couldn't Figure Out How To Again =\ Its A Good Idea And They Should Do The Breaks With Bold/Italics And That Stuff, As Long As They Keep It All The Same Size It'll Be Good

Tavix
14th October 2006, 03:40 PM
That is a good idea in my opinion.

I had about 20 officers and wanted to post how many clicks I gave each of them. without breaks it looks all jumbled up and it dosen't look very nice.

:thumbsup:

smellygirl336
17th October 2006, 10:27 AM
Yesss, I hate looking at my page or my messages and seeing endless lines of --------- or ___________ to show changes and updates. It is ugly, annoying and awkward. Surely KoC can let us communicate with our command chain with a little more sophistication... It's too crude this way