PDA

View Full Version : Xerus Temple Recruitment Thread

Istar
1st October 2006, 11:53 PM
Okay, Asiram, make the first post. This is a recruitment thread which closes on the 12th of October. (since Asiram took his sweet time getting around to post)

Good luck.

pinballwizard420
5th October 2006, 05:09 PM
(I know it's long, but I implore that you read all of it.)

The Order of Xerus Temple

A deserted plain that feels like it stretches for leagues without end. Nothing but the dust and the ruins linger here. To stumble upon this place, it is said, is quite the misfortune. That seemed to be the case for all but one man.

A half breed. Dhampire. Beast. Monster. Many names he had, Viktor Garamond. However, those that knew his handiwork just called him "The Bleeding Blade", the assassin that hunts without end, until his objective is reached. But while he is an assassin known for always finishing what he starts, he is also quite the avid collector of rare artifacts and relics. One particular relic in recent times caught his attention, and he found it in the very arid plain of which I am speaking.

Throughout the plain, there is only one place with what even marginally could resemble civilization: old ruins, leagues from any known city. What was there? How could it survive in such disgusting conditions and climate? Those were questions that piqued the curiosity of Viktor. He travelled, against the warnings of all who attempted to stop him, out to this forsaken waste. He travelled for leauges upon leagues, days upon long, sweltering days. Eventually, he arrived to his destination.

The ruin stretched for eternity before his eyes, a stone Garden of Eden. Fallen columns, derelict buildings, ramshackle homes. They stretched for miles. What could possibly have lived, at any point, in such a wasteland as this? The answer could most likely be found in the single standing edifice: a massive temple.

This Mayan styled pyramid of a temple was ridiculous in size, and was a great monolith to behold. Viktor slowly began his trek through the ruin, and begin to spin the wheel of fate. Skeletons lined the streets, and it seemed much like a terrible disaster had plagued this region. What was it? When did it happen? Only the temple could tell.

He reached his goal. The temple stood before him, blocking out the sun with its mighty stature. It threatened to devour Viktor, but he stood stoic and steadfast, and prepared to enter the massive building. He ascended the many stairs to the top of the temple, where there lay a door. A massive stone face, smooth and steady, loomed before him. It implied that he should go no further. "Stop you peasant!" the door would say, if it could speak. But Viktor would not leave wihtout satisfaction.

He stood before the massive door, and unsheathed his blades. Two long blades, each astounding in length. He sliced the stone door to ribbons, as if were made of cream and not the granite bedrock it was. As the door collapsed, it revealed an unbelievable sight.

Within, a perfectly preserved shrine. An altar lay in the center, long enough to fit a man, most likely used for sacrifice. On the back wall, there was a large disc, unmoving, made of what was apparently steel. It also had some strange depressions in it. They were small, but spread throughout the wheel. Thrity in all, it seemed. It did nothing but catch his attention. However, that was about to change.

He noticed a glowing gem in the corner of the room, glowing dimly with a white light. He picked it up, and suddenly it began to grow stronger in brightness. A sudden flash of light blinded Viktor, and threw him back in pain. Being a Dhampire, bright lights were quite painful, and therefore it caused him agony to have this happen. He was outraged, but something calmed him. The wheel had begun to turn, and the gem glowed with a constant intensity. It was very curious, seeing this reaction. The gem and the wheel obviously shared some sort of connection.

He inspected the gem more closely. He noticed that the gem was very well cut, and had beautiful facets. It wasn't very large, and in it there was a small drawing. It was a character from a language he did not know. He held it up, and suddenly, one of the depressions in the wheel glowed as well. Viktor found this reaction quite curious. And it only aroused more questions as to what could possibly have happened here.

Viktor decided that it was time that he dropped the assassin business. He was quite sure "The Bleeding Blade" would not be sorely missed. He had decided that he would search for the remaining gems, which he named "glyphs", and unlock the secrets of this ancient ruin.

He decided the best place for his base of operations would be the temple itself, since it would most likely help him gain hints of where to search for glyphs. He believed that if a glyph was nearby, he could find it using the wheel, and his glyph. He began to cross reference other languages with that of the characters on the wheel and gem, and some inscribings he had found on the walls.

He found out that this place was called "Xerus", a temple built to house sacred relics (which he deduced to be the glyphs). Xerus Temple was the centerpiece of the entire civilization. The glyphs had the power to manipulate elements, bend laws of physics, and even increase the abilities of the users. They were used to create a perfect utpoia. It was obvious that that was the reason that this place flourished in a desert. He was, however, quite curious as to what caused its downfall then, if it was so perfect.

Viktor also discovered that his glyph was called "sun", when translated to the common tongue. He also experimented, finding that he no longer felt fatigued or in pain with prolonged exposure to the sun, and he could use light as a force to be reckoned with. This only made him question what other powers that glyphs could contain.

These were questions that would likely only be answered by time, and much travelling to find the scattered glyphs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clan member, character used, rank (As far as I know):

Lord_Asiram, Viktor, Leader
Istar_Magus, , Novice
Draco, , Novice
Maxblade, , Novice
NoobServ, , Novice

(All interested parties, please post the character you will use in this thread here, or contact me via PM)

RANKINGS
How it works: Original members come in with 12 points. All others enter with 6 points. I award points based on posting ability. More points for good posts, deductions for bad and/or spammy posts. I boot you if you go below 0. Fair enough?

Level 1: Peon - 0 - 10 pts.
Level 2: Novice - 11 - 24 pts.
Level 3: Amateur - 25 - 44 pts.
Level 4: Adept - 45 - 69 pts.
Level 5: Vassal - 70 - 99 pts.
Level 6: Lord - 100 - 124 pts.
Level 7: Master - 125 - 199 pts.
Level 8: Sage - 200 + pts.

You may also choose from a variety of jobs, should you so choose to. The jobs work like this:

SLAYER -- Attack oriented. Works in combat situations, and has skill with weapons or martial arts.

MARKSMAN -- Range oriented. In combat, proficient in the use of bow and arrow, or other projectile weaponry.

MECHANIC -- Understands basic machinations of various contraptions and machines. Knows how to build and work machines.

MAGE -- Magic oriented. In or out of combat, proficient in use of magic.

MEDIC -- Healing oriented. Proficient in understading and using medicine to treat injuries.

Pretty sure that covers all bases. Okay, I guess I'm ready.

Coming soon: link to Viktor's character sheet. (He'll be my eighth!)

Van
5th October 2006, 05:36 PM
Hmm, this seems like an interesting clan. ranked by skill and not by order of joining/ who you know. I think i would like to join this one with Atticus. Obviously the mage class. i dont know if you want me to rp an intro but it really would be hard to have rp atticus popping up at the temple and still have it be a good reason to be there really.

googlyeyesultra
5th October 2006, 05:59 PM
Any chance I could join, preferably with Lahrana Lesuvigh, link in sig?

CrazyXAM
6th October 2006, 07:01 AM
Well you know I'm in asiram, since the begining oh also one little, tiny, intsy bitsy, question that I will put into three (I said 3) words. Here it goes.

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN! and just letting you know that is three words becuase I'm counting Where Hell Been! I know you just moved and all, but come on, you're missing things.

That's all for now.

EDIT: Character: Max Kiba
Class: Mage (Link to him in my Sig)

Istar
6th October 2006, 08:09 AM
Wait...I agreed to join this clan? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Now I'll have even more to do! Great...okay...

Character: Virgil
Class: Slayer...duh

This will be interesting...

Emtsuj
6th October 2006, 02:49 PM
/me stretches fingers and types.

Alright about time this damned thing was made...

Name: Kazuo
Class: Slayer

Draco
6th October 2006, 06:04 PM
FINALLY! Okay, here we go:

Name: Laila (no character page yet)
Class: Mage

It's the best class I could pick. Too bad there's no Thief class, or I'd've chosen that.

pinballwizard420
9th October 2006, 12:53 PM
That's seven. Hooray!

CrazyXAM
9th October 2006, 01:14 PM
That's seven. Hooray!
Who's the seventh person Asiram?

EDIT: Never Mind. Damn that was fast.

Emtsuj
9th October 2006, 06:54 PM
/me applauds!!!!! This is my.... third clan... thats fucked up! Well congrats Asiram. I forgot what character I had chosen.

- Here's your clan thread. - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=814659#post814659) Have fun, everyone. -for we are many