PDA

View Full Version : KoC...accessable from WAP...an idea for the future

EmceeMaster
5th September 2004, 03:31 AM
i dunno about you guys but i always have a false sense of security when i'm at school, thinking that someone will steal my gold away...
i had the wackiest idea, actually it is a pretty good one (this is EmceeMaster's idea #2)

i think that in the future, KoC should be accessable from your mobile phone, i.e. WAP browser.
I understand it would take a lotta work and time, but i think it would be fantastic just being able to pull out your mobile at recess and lunch time and checking your KoC account.

p.s. i tried to check KoC from WAP once and although i was able to login, the page was all messed up and stuff...

What do you guys reckon of this idea?

AuroraStorm
5th September 2004, 03:49 AM
There would be a big problem with adding the adds on WAP, ALOT of work would be needed, How many people would use it?

EmceeMaster
5th September 2004, 04:18 AM
There would be a big problem with adding the adds on WAP, ALOT of work would be needed, How many people would use it?

well that's simple to answer...those who have a WAP enabled phone?!?
i saw a stat in a tech magazine that over 50% of the worlds mobile phone owners have WAP enabled on their phones

and the as far as the ads go, how many WAP websites do you know that advertise, for example, lunarpages webhosting...WAP and advertising don't mix obviously! but i've been to MANY WAP sites and there aren't any ads there...
BUT, as you said, ALOT of work would be needed, and that i agree on totally...alot of work is usually needed to create new innovations

MysteryQuest
5th September 2004, 04:56 AM
I don't think a lot of people would use WAP, mayby 1%, and if they have a computer they will acces it with the computer. WAP is not the most popular sort of internet.

pisogpapir
5th September 2004, 06:45 AM
It still sounds cool though

NuramII
5th September 2004, 06:48 AM
mind you a lot of people don't have that many chances to use their phones in some schools. and in some schools u can't use phones till after hours (like mine...). Maybe KoC should just make their own little gadgets so u can login anywhere...

whirlwind
5th September 2004, 07:33 AM
It has been suggested before, and wasnt a very popular idea!

xBuBb4x
5th September 2004, 08:02 AM
i personally don't think it would work. it sounds cool and all but too much work. if u really wanna play koc in school u can work around it. i did. my school blocked the site because it became so popular but that didn't stop us KoC addicts. with the help of computer nerds we downloaded netscape into some computers and hid it and gave the links new names which were really hard to find. we also found a way on the computers to deleted cookies when that was blocked as well so they couldn't trace it back to who did it. there is always a way to play if u really want 2. sorry if this post sounds mean. it wasn't ment 2. it is just what i did so i could play and not lose gold while i was at school.

Clone
5th September 2004, 10:29 AM
There really is no need for the idea. Most people don't have a cell phone, and even if they do have one, they probably don't have WAP or know what it is.

Plus, it is part of the game to get attacked while your at school/work.

Trithalol
5th September 2004, 11:02 AM
well dont know bout u guys but almost everyone here has a cellphone lol .. though i dont know what wap is :P .. the idea sounds good but i dont think it will happen

Tekano
5th September 2004, 03:08 PM
it's better to wait a while until everyone has a cellphone with a browser on it... it would work the same way from your cell phone then as it works from your computer.

Vinnie360
6th September 2004, 05:02 AM
i can get on fine with my fone. i did wen i was in very remote town and was bored out of my brain lucky for my fone i cood get to a whole range of site hehehehehe. and i cood call my mates. fones r great inventions 0_o if u dont have a cool fone i strongly suggest u get one. they r great fun and arent reely that expensive. haha i sound like a sales person