PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for n00b protection

FubarTunes
29th August 2006, 11:16 AM
why not have n00b protection according to age of account, rather than their stats, and stop players from using n00b protection to their advantage.

as it is now, a well experienced player can have low, or nothing in defence and sentry, and very high strike and spy ratings, and they are protected by n00b protection.

if n00b protection was according to age of account, it would stop them from being able to use this to their advantage!!

Grammaton Cleric
29th August 2006, 07:43 PM
I quite don't see how that would work... If you could explain more please...

-GC

FubarTunes
29th August 2006, 07:55 PM
as it is now

if you have low defence and low sentry, but high strike and high spy. you're able to sabbotage for the full 6 months of an age as well as attack anyone continuous and there is nothing you can do to retaliate. thier sentry and defence is so low that it all fails due to n00b protection.

each age its getting worse for people using this to their advantage. an unfair dis-advantage to others, wouldnt you agree?

instead of this, only allow n00b protection to work for, example, 2 or 3 months instead, then after this time you wouldnt be protected by it.

this would certainly stop people using n00b protection to their advantage and others dis-advantage.

i know the scripting of this would be dificult to figure out, but it is definatley possbile.

most of the players would agree with me here, after 2 or 3 months of playing this game, you cannot be classed as a new comer anymore, so why should you have their advantage of n00b protection?

Grammaton Cleric
29th August 2006, 08:16 PM
Oh ok that's what you meant... In that case, it's not a bad idea I think. Would have to be heavily worked on though.

-GC

FubarTunes
29th August 2006, 08:25 PM
yes i know it will be hard to re-script it, but it is possbile.

past 2 ages now, i've seen excellent ranked players fall victim to these people.

its now got to a point, that its just not worth going for rank, because theres a 90% chance you will loss everything to these people.

taco_man1
29th August 2006, 09:40 PM
problem...

If a player isn't playing seriouslly... not clicking... not on KoC constantly... not banking much, just kinda having fun... his account could be as old as mine.. but be absolutly tiny in comparison. Power in KoC isn't determined by the age of your account... but by your clicking, and you officers.

I COULD see n00b protection being adjusted based on your TFF + spies + sentries however

FubarTunes
29th August 2006, 09:49 PM
it wont work that way.

part of the n00b protection does take into consideration TFF+SPY+SENTRY

most fake accounts that are using n00b protection have low TFF and SENTRY but high spy and attack.

the people, like yourself, who dont play koc often, wont need to worry about this. simply because your not using it to your advantage by attacking and sabbing others.

if you dont attack them, they're not going to attack you.

in the mean time, people who have worked hard at this game can have EVERYTHING taken in 24hrs. a lot of people have stopped playing the game because of this, because its just far too often.

i belong to a large chain, and we've had no peace from these people from the start of this age. its about time the n00b protection was changed to stop this.

LoseR
29th August 2006, 11:43 PM
in the beginning of the age everyone is immune to sabotage.... I say no

limit the ammount people can sab... or at least force them to buy weapons *cough* my idea *cough*

FubarTunes
29th August 2006, 11:52 PM
ur 2nd suggestion aint a bad idea.

force people to buy weapons in order to sab them

but after 3months of playing it, you cant expect to be classed as a n00b still.

limit the amount accordin to how many weapons are held, only dont reduce that amount according to how many is left until broken.

too many cheats allowed to play this game because of n00b protection

Sixix
30th August 2006, 01:58 AM
the "real" fake slayers doesnt even have spy. they can be sabbed easily, but they burn their turns within a short time and sell off then. after this the collect turns again and go on another attack spree. they are not really protected by n00b protection, since you can sab hundreds of BPMs in one go if they hold enough...

FubarTunes
30th August 2006, 07:00 AM
im on about the fakes that use their account for attack and sab - not the breaker accounts.

quite often, both these types of accounts are not in the chain. and, as with 1 person during battle told me, he had almost 50 accounts and intended using them. you have a choice of having several of each account, holding only 1 real account in them when you have that many accounts

sad to hear this i know, as i struggle to find time for 1 account!!

you must aggree though, that the use of n00b protection to your advantage, is at a peak and needs addressing, so the majority of ppl can get on with playing the game has it was intended to be played.

MarlinsRule
30th August 2006, 08:12 AM
Possibly go by the 2 highest ranks you have. If you have a high attack and spy, those rankings count, and their over 30k or so, you don't get protection. That way the sentry and defense won't matter.

stealmycan
30th August 2006, 01:18 PM
Most sabbers have only high spy with moderate SA and no DA and no sentry.

If you're trying to sab them and they have like 10mill Sentry and you have 500mill+ spy and the maximum amount of weapons you can sab is like 3 or 4 often you fail 11 times which just makes no sense because you're definately pwning on stat ratios.

So make n00b protection less, and make sabbing medium accounts less as well, and all will be happy. Since someone's spy can be a quarter of the other guy's sentry and they can go for like 300IS and get in once is really not fair. This means I can sab like 97% of the game ... which I shouldnt be able to :P

R1DD1CK
30th August 2006, 05:19 PM
with you on that one

Nuf said
attacking for 50%/ gold way too random
fail to recon people with 10% your spy rentry ratio LoL
attacking people with less defence than your attack and LOOSING
OK keep NooB protection for ppl that are in their first age but for a mid range player get rid of it

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=36458

FubarTunes
1st September 2006, 04:44 AM
good to see other ideas coming out ere.

holding weapons in order to sab weapons is 1 other good idea, after all, in reality, you wouldnt be able to sab 300 weapons unless you had 300 of that type of weapon to practice on.

same has you shoudlnt be able to break through a sentry of 400mil when you only have 100mil spy unless you have 400mil sentry to practice on.

and experience (age of account) should also count.

MarlinsRule
1st September 2006, 07:46 AM
holding weapons in order to sab weapons is 1 other good idea, after all, in reality, you wouldnt be able to sab 300 weapons unless you had 300 of that type of weapon to practice on.

same has you shoudlnt be able to break through a sentry of 400mil when you only have 100mil spy unless you have 400mil sentry to practice on.

I like that idea, except the spy, sentry. Mabe you have to be within 50 million of your opponent's sentry.

Teiresias
1st September 2006, 08:48 PM
Well I been away for a long time, so call me outdated, old-fashioned or whatever you wish, but I got a very clear idea about this

You got any rank < 5000, either spy sentry SA or DA, you're not a noob and should protect yourself instead of relying on some odd scripts.

FubarTunes
2nd September 2006, 04:11 PM
I like that idea, except the spy, sentry. Mabe you have to be within 50 million of your opponent's sentry.

you might as well say equal to.....50 million is nothing to an account who has hundreds, or billions of spy rating.

Teiresias: that's why i think a change is needed. n00b protection is getting abused so they can spoil the game for the majority. only problem there is, alot of these people who use this are ranked under 20k, if not under 30k.

would possbily be easier to go by age rather than rank anyhow.

but again, i do agree with you with this: that is an odd script being used. it favours the n00b cheats!!