PDA

View Full Version : A slaying thought

Miro
24th August 2006, 03:24 PM
Well, sabbing has been super sexy this age, but what about slaying :(
Obviously it'd be cooler if the admins were ever to enforce slaying as well as they did sabbing.

Back in the olden ages of 1, you had men, they had 3 first pages.
One for overall goodness, another for most wealthy, a 3rd for most men.
Super smexy Cr1s1s won overall and had the most men....which was only about 2,000 you see
"but but but, oh noez, liek CA (Covert Action) am usless!!1!" says young Jimmy.
Well Jimmy, back then you massed people.
Massing would kill men and men were alot harder to come by, so 100 casulties was basicly 1/12th of the average player's army dead and that really hurt the said player.
Obviously massing had the same impact sabbing has today.

So, here's my idea.
Why weaken sabbing and spying?
Why not just increase the potential powers of slaying?
Maybe... 300+ men casulties per attack - something like that?
Make KoC streets run with blood :P

@Sabbers
Finnally - an idea that isn't aimed at weakening sabbing, and it seems alot of you love the chaos war idea, so this kinda doubles it ;)

@Slayers
Rejoice brothers, it's been ages since people actually needed you.

Well?

Sixix
24th August 2006, 03:56 PM
perhaps you should have posted this in the throne room ;)

the casulties depend on the army size. many people have more than 300 soldier loss when they attack...

MarlinsRule
24th August 2006, 04:24 PM
it sounds good to me. The sabbers would be able to do what they do and everyone else would have a chance.

R3venge
25th August 2006, 09:11 AM
wouldnt people just buy tons of mercs?

MarlinsRule
25th August 2006, 10:38 AM
Because you have to have very good timing to get any mercs. Except for defense ones.

R3venge
25th August 2006, 12:14 PM
and defence ones would protect you from the masses that miro was talking about................

MarlinsRule
25th August 2006, 01:25 PM
Not if they keep getting killed off as soon as you get them.

Miro
25th August 2006, 01:52 PM
My own mistake.
Wasn't as detailed as I could be.
I mean like, for people with a TFF of say... 20,000 - it could be..a person could kill 400 men worth in a 5*1 - not even counting the sentries and spies that could die.
For someone with a TFF of say 2,000,000 - a succesfull one person 5*1 could kill about 1,600 - not counting spies and sentries ect.

A tad much, but it's just a thought.

Also - it could give those extra defence merceneries always sitting idle in the merceneries section a purpose :P

Javid
25th August 2006, 02:17 PM
Well, sabbing has been super sexy this age, but what about slaying :(
Obviously it'd be cooler if the admins were ever to enforce slaying as well as they did sabbing.

Back in the olden ages of 1, you had men, they had 3 first pages.
One for overall goodness, another for most wealthy, a 3rd for most men.
Super smexy Cr1s1s won overall and had the most men....which was only about 2,000 you see
"but but but, oh noez, liek CA (Covert Action) am usless!!1!" says young Jimmy.
Well Jimmy, back then you massed people.
Massing would kill men and men were alot harder to come by, so 100 casulties was basicly 1/12th of the average player's army dead and that really hurt the said player.
Obviously massing had the same impact sabbing has today.

So, here's my idea.
Why weaken sabbing and spying?
Why not just increase the potential powers of slaying?
Maybe... 300+ men casulties per attack - something like that?
Make KoC streets run with blood :P

@Sabbers
Finnally - an idea that isn't aimed at weakening sabbing, and it seems alot of you love the chaos war idea, so this kinda doubles it ;)

@Slayers
Rejoice brothers, it's been ages since people actually needed you.

Well?

rite just remember slayers weapons aren't as easily broken....so consider that your advantage...

ffmaster
25th August 2006, 02:20 PM
Miro has a point...slaying is being takin down...if there is no point of slaying then there is no point for sa...if there is no point for sa then there is no bpms to sab...its a cycle that could be fixed by making thinks be alittle more balanced...

r0b-dog
25th August 2006, 09:01 PM
I find it a good idea, sabbers have a way of sabbing then why not make slayers have a way of slayering.........

:katana:

stealmycan
25th August 2006, 10:14 PM
Prices for repairs when you absolutely trump DA's should be lessened A LOT. I used to have 200mill+ SA, so when I massed it would cost me 4mill. So if I was massing a lot of people with could cost me 50mill+ each day. So naturally I had to sell some off so it wouldnt cost me so much .. making there less bpms for the sabbers, and stopping me from being able to attack the amount of people I could've been attacking with that SA.

Seneca
2nd September 2006, 02:27 AM
Yes, I agree the repairs suck. It costs me one turn every 5x1 I do :(