PDA

View Full Version : Blank white page

GeorgeoftheJungle
26th July 2006, 09:56 PM
Is it just me or do other people see it quite often when searching through the rankings when you click next you get a blank white screen and have to refresh a couple of times until it comes up.

If it isn't just me...I suggest that be fixed as it is incredibly annoying.

AeliusPix
27th July 2006, 03:24 AM
It's there to stop auto-sell catchers. Won't be leaving anytime soon.

GeorgeoftheJungle
27th July 2006, 06:02 AM
Oh ok,

next stupid question. What's an auto sell?

DJ-Hamid
27th July 2006, 12:10 PM
a program used by cheats that atatcks anyone with high gold!

AeliusPix
27th July 2006, 06:00 PM
They scan pages, looking for people with over a certain level of gold. The white page works because auto-sell catchers usually scan pages at a very high speed. If you exceed this speed while browsing, BAM white page.

robin85
28th July 2006, 02:21 AM
yeah already thought that was the reason but it's way to much, those white pages.. if i attack i also change to the next page in 2 seconds if i don't see reasonable ammounts of gold.. i press more F5 then the times i breathe..

AeliusPix
28th July 2006, 02:30 AM
Yeah, if you're looking for sells, you're going to have to put up with white pages. Sacrifices must be made to keep cheaters out.

DragonBoy
29th July 2006, 06:25 PM
oh well damm cheaters wreak the game 4 us

Krelian_Mizrahi
29th July 2006, 08:18 PM
there are already more than 6 gold scanners for age 6 ... lots of people doesnt have to deal with those white pages....

Initially it was a good idea, but since there are so many ways to by pass it... i just cry.. it just helped make the difference between those who play honest and the dishonest more bigger... and lots of people are going to the darkside to get one of those programs... its just a pitty... it was a good idea

robin85
31st July 2006, 03:42 PM
i believe it helps against it. but when i'm attacking i scroll very fast on all those pages, and i scanned 2-3 pages every 5 seconds.. off course with this blanc page shit it takes over 10 seconds now

Kindlegolas
4th August 2006, 01:59 PM
I could care less about auto-sell catching programs, its incredibly annoying when the pages go white every other page, and I'm getting quite sick and tired of it -_-

R1DD1CK
4th August 2006, 04:42 PM
The way around it manually is to hit the refresh button:weights: . But as stated their are program's that bypass certain structures built in to prevent gold finder programs so get rid of White page anomalies alltogether and think of other ways to prevent the cheating. Anyone have any good ideas as to stop gold finders?

Tavix
4th August 2006, 06:18 PM
Anyone have any good ideas as to stop gold finders?

a program put in my the KoC admins that detect the programs and ban em.
its hard to code but is possible

LoseR
4th August 2006, 06:55 PM
what is preventing those programs from detecting a clicker and banning someone just for clicking links?

Donny_v1
6th August 2006, 05:54 AM
but dont we have to "copy the letters" and things like that that stop autos

R1DD1CK
6th August 2006, 06:51 AM
but dont we have to "copy the letters" and things like that that stop autos

Yes but that is for auto buyers not scrolling thru the ranks
gold finder do 5000 ranks at a time in about 30 seconds searching for gold the white page is a time out anomaly to stop autos going Thur the ranks so quickly
only most gold finders just bypass the front page and avoid the timing out