PDA

View Full Version : InGame Signature

Shadow_
11th July 2006, 12:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/TheDarkness/SigKOC.jpg

that would be cool don't you think? Alot of other games have them.

Whishy
11th July 2006, 02:47 PM
Tis A Good Idea...Might Stop Nubs In Your Chain From Hittin Ya =)

muffe
11th July 2006, 03:23 PM
allready discussed,idiots always mess great ideas like this,becuse they write things like *suck me asshole* and stuff..sorry mate,but wont work..

Psycho_Ninja
11th July 2006, 03:26 PM
i think it would be awsome...

Shadow_
11th July 2006, 06:21 PM
allready discussed,idiots always mess great ideas like this,becuse they write things like *suck me asshole* and stuff..sorry mate,but wont work..

actually the admins block out words like that :badger_2:

vquertyk
11th July 2006, 06:41 PM
I think Sigs would be cool. And yes admins can really easy block offensice words with a word filter lik they use to block you sending links by pm

Tavix
11th July 2006, 06:43 PM
That would be awesome. It gets my :thumbsup:

Whishy
11th July 2006, 08:44 PM
Or If The Admins Wanted To Do Somethin For The Game...They Could Process All The Sigs...Dunno If They Would Want To Do 50k Of Em...But A Filter Would Be Put On Ofcourse =)

WRATHZILLA
11th July 2006, 08:47 PM
how about just put little "flags" of your alliance there?

GynoStretcher
11th July 2006, 08:52 PM
It would be a great place to list alliance, friends, and post recruiting notices. And yes, the usual "probers will be stomped" warning.

Also, PM already has filters for abuse words and phrases, so it should be trivial to link that feature to other parts of the game. The other day it turned the word "population" into "****ulation" ...I guess "pop" is too vulgar for KoC o.O

shyguy1684
11th July 2006, 09:02 PM
ya in game sigs sound uber but i mean they would probably have to shut down server for a while to make them changes in code and stuff

MacTeddy
12th July 2006, 07:11 PM
ya in game sigs sound uber but i mean they would probably have to shut down server for a while to make them changes in code and stuff

thats what new ages are for :)

Shadow_
12th July 2006, 07:45 PM
humm alot of people really like my idea I hope it gets put in!

Monsuco
12th July 2006, 09:46 PM
I hope so too. Filters would be necessary, but there are definitly easy ways of enforcing this kind of thing. I like it overall, though it could potentially be abused.

robin85
13th July 2006, 03:01 AM
yeaaah; EVERYONE will put in: "i'll sabb you when you attack me" :p

atat23
13th July 2006, 03:38 AM
then the sabbers will need to take it a step further and put it, "Recon me and you die" >:)

AeliusPix
13th July 2006, 04:08 AM
That sort of things happen in DT, I use to target people who said it :-P
I like the idea. You can put in "proud member of so-and-so, probers get farmed" or something. It would take less space on the battlefield than clan tags as well.

Shadow_
13th July 2006, 06:01 PM
HAHA I am glad that even the mods on gua like it! Maybe it will indeed get done!

vquertyk
13th July 2006, 07:07 PM
Now we just gotta convince everyone who actively plays KoC to come sign the thread Pm\M your friends and alliances.

KingPhil
14th July 2006, 02:35 AM
I think that this is a good suggestion, but before it gets implemented I think that the KoC admins would have to figure out a way to avoid unwanted signatures. Maybe like a "report signature" button if it is not "acceptable".

atat23
14th July 2006, 03:35 AM
depends what you mean by unwanted, they couldnt swear so anything else they put couldnt be that bad, im sure if anything insulting was up there the person in question would get massed/sabbed pretty quickly, but tis a good idea as a safety line, although do the admins care enough to go to the bother of actually removing insulting sigs, doubt it :P

KingPhil
14th July 2006, 03:43 AM
Yes, but it just being there will deter players from putting unwanted material in their signatures.

R1DD1CK
14th July 2006, 12:41 PM
damn good idea m8!
unwanted sig??? and how many unwanted names are their?
:crazy:

Denver
14th July 2006, 03:46 PM
I agree great idea m8

Krystin
16th July 2006, 09:30 AM
I like the idea because it gives more personality to the person, but don't even think the admins from KOC are going to notice this thread. You might want to send your idea to rocco and nick via thier email accounts if you are really serious about your idea.

For those posting in this thread....say WHY you like or dislike the idea.

R3venge
16th July 2006, 01:25 PM
i love the idea!! it makes ur account seem more personalised and unique from others - atm the only thing thats unique is your name :P also if alliance flags could be put in it wud pawn!!

masterminds
19th July 2006, 03:18 PM
i think this is a great idea, the admins should take this in to consideration

bboy_double
19th July 2006, 03:42 PM
This is great , this would solve lots of in-chain attacks and sabs and would make truces better

Puppypower
21st July 2006, 01:32 AM
I wuv ur siggy Krystin

Denver
22nd July 2006, 08:00 PM
omg anyword from the admin or the couldnt care less (it wouldnt suprise me)

Denver
22nd July 2006, 08:26 PM
i just sent this message to koc admins

hey idk if u have already gotten an email about an idea for you amasing game Kings of Chaos its regarding ingame signatures here is a thread on gua about it http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=42662 (i hear u dont get on GUA much is this tru or a myth) anyway it has many good reasons for haveing the yext only sig please consoder the idea and thanks for creating KoC

Monkey_kid
23rd July 2006, 01:35 AM
It would be a great place to list alliance, friends, and post recruiting notices. And yes, the usual "probers will be stomped" warning.

Also, PM already has filters for abuse words and phrases, so it should be trivial to link that feature to other parts of the game. The other day it turned the word "population" into "****ulation" ...I guess "pop" is too vulgar for KoC o.O

lol yea, one of my mates sent me a msg and it blocked out the last letter of his name, if there could be a 'smarter' word filter then i think it'd work :)

Denver
27th July 2006, 10:49 AM
omg why wont the admins relpy or do it

Puppypower
30th July 2006, 03:09 AM
Lke DT, they have them, & they work really well, like it helps to kick start aliances & stuff.

Sorry, I'm viewing this the wrong way LOL.

The admins won't look at this because they're too lazy (hope they don't mind me saying that;), so, as Krystin said, you should probably email them.

Dorgoth
30th July 2006, 04:20 AM

Lol, i bet you typed poop because you were in a rush?

Anyhu i like the idea, specially the clan tags or something but i do agree lots of ppl would just put idol threats there.
Come to think of it, i love idol threats it just makes them prime targets :P

henrik180
3rd August 2006, 02:23 PM
i think it would be cool:P
i support that idea... not that i think it will happen :/

ELH50
14th August 2006, 07:48 AM
I've seen this idea in a couple of other online games and like it in those too. Gives a way to let others know you're in the middle of a war so they don't gold hit their way into a sab run.

Undead_Guardian
15th August 2006, 05:27 PM
This would be nice to have.

I had some problems in the past with my clan because I always attacked clan members and so I had to leave the clan.

People could put the clan pic in their sig.