PDA

View Full Version : "lost" spy tools

pandas
25th June 2006, 05:17 PM
When a covert mission fails, sometimes you "lose" spy tools. Where do they go?

Well, why not have the game give them to the player you spied on?

I think that would be a good way to balance the negative effects of sabbing on players while not really negatively affecting the sabbers. It would also make more sense if the tools do not simply disappear.

vaiowe
25th June 2006, 07:37 PM
That is easy to abuse though, given the fact that a spy account with many nunchakus can merely send 25 spies for 11 recons everyday, on purpose (which might have a possibility to work), just to give the nunchakus to a bigger account

The idea is nice, however; but there should be a success or fail rate on it, so it'd be a bit more fair

GynoStretcher
4th July 2006, 03:24 PM
My spies are so loyal, they destroy their tools and bite the poison tooth when captured ;-)

The idea has merit though. There could be some % chance of recovering tools when capturing spies. Also, it would be cool to learn (some % of the time) if the spies were on a recon mission, or how many and what kind of tool they were attempting to sab. As it is, 100% of the time I know a failed mission is a recon or a sab, even if the spy escapes. It would add some realism if some % of the time I wasn't sure if somebody was trying to recon me or sab me ...it may lead to wars if n00bs think they are being sabbed, but then again it may give sabbers a huge edge in plausible deniability. After all, isn't plausible deniability the cornerstone of covert operations?

N-u-B-b-Y
4th July 2006, 07:39 PM
that is a bad a idea because people will make tons of fakes and just send it too there real account so they get more nunnys faster

mikil100
4th July 2006, 09:06 PM
it would be funny if the cheater (if this happened) accidentally sabbed himself, lol

r0b-dog
4th July 2006, 10:46 PM
But when you think about it when the oppoent captures the enemy it would be likely that they will destroy the weapon too.

shyguy1684
6th July 2006, 02:12 AM
what the heck are you asking for you lose them unless the other player does recieve them i dont know but its a stupid question this should be in barracks anyway

Warrioroftheshadowarmy
6th July 2006, 04:28 AM
naaah
just lose em is better
or just not lose em like b4 :p