PDA

View Full Version : Real SA and DA

thedonsway
24th June 2006, 05:11 AM
Get rid of this random factor crap.
Why have a DA and an SA if they are not real. If you have DA of 200 million and you get attacked you are lucky if you do 150 million damage.
If you have a DA of 200 million then that should mean you do 200 million damage if attacked, not a pot-luck stab in the dark.

The changes made during this age are ridiculous.

On another note, why is it that big name alliances can have special tools just for themselves? This make the whole gameplay very one sided, and really not worth playing anymore.

Vade
24th June 2006, 06:09 AM
The whole this is always one sided, with the clicks and all
Its impossible for people to even get to the top 1k without clicking or help
And you can't win if you dont/ CAN"T click
Anyway, yeah, we should do real damage, the random factor is annoying, but its also more realistic, like what if your army was having a bad day or it was raining or something

Leesy
24th June 2006, 07:36 AM
agreed look at the thread below http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=41920

AeliusPix
24th June 2006, 08:13 AM
Get rid of this random factor crap.
Why have a DA and an SA if they are not real. If you have DA of 200 million and you get attacked you are lucky if you do 150 million damage.
If you have a DA of 200 million then that should mean you do 200 million damage if attacked, not a pot-luck stab in the dark.

The changes made during this age are ridiculous. The random factor was not introduced just for this age. It was introduced (forgive me if I'm wrong) somewhere around Age 3.

On another note, why is it that big name alliances can have special tools just for themselves? This make the whole gameplay very one sided, and really not worth playing anymore. It's because they take the time to make them. Most of them are available to anyone, just because they have a clan label stamped on them doesn't make them exclusive to that clan.

thedonsway
3rd July 2006, 06:49 AM
PR have a tool named "IRIS" you cannot use that tool unless you are in chain.

This tool, I believe, is a tool for showing how much gold a player has, no matter how high their sentry is.
This is one tool that is not allowed for everyone to use. I am afraid I was informed directly that iris is only for members of PR, join or go without.

DA 400,000,000+ damage 259,000,000. any logic?

atat23
3rd July 2006, 08:22 AM
yeah the random factor is BS, i agree with vade about the bad day stuff but i mean this is only a game and not all games have to be 100% realistic, talking about realism is pretty much justifying the admins crappy damage formulas, i really dont think they were thinking about weather when they introduced it, i think you give them too much credit :)

edit: by the way i dont think IRIS actually shows everyones gold, i think its actually based on your spy otherwise it would be completely illegal.....wouldnt it?

daddio
3rd July 2006, 10:40 AM
yeah the random factor is BS, i agree with vade about the bad day stuff but i mean this is only a game and not all games have to be 100% realistic, talking about realism is pretty much justifying the admins crappy damage formulas, i really dont think they were thinking about weather when they introduced it, i think you give them too much credit :)

edit: by the way i dont think IRIS actually shows everyones gold, i think its actually based on your spy otherwise it would be completely illegal.....wouldnt it?
I'm not a big PR/Iris fan. But, as I've hear IRIS explained before, it's not illegal. Basically, it's a database of all the gold found by anyone using the tool. So, basically, you're seeing the spy results of the highest spy ranking in the chain.

It's similar to you and your commander both being on line at the same time and him (or her) IMing you with likely targets. The difference is - with IRIS, that one spy is letting dozens of people know where the easy gold is.

blunderball
3rd July 2006, 10:49 AM
The random factor was not introduced just for this age. It was introduced (forgive me if I'm wrong) somewhere around Age 3.I'm pretty sure it's been in the game since the start. It was definitely there prior to Age 3.

The random factor just seems more annoying now than it was back then because everyone has 10/100/1000x larger stats. A random factor at 50mil SA isn't going to cause many problems, but when you have 2bil SA your counter can range massively.

ruvis
3rd July 2006, 11:20 AM
I agree with blunderball, the random facter just looks worse than previous ages because your stats are bigger.
Just an example:
100M SA => 75% damage => 75M Damage => 25M less than real SA
1000M SA => 75% damage => 750M Damage => 250M less than real SA

It just looks worse, but in fact it's just the same

Its impossible for people to even get to the top 1k without clicking or help
And you can't win if you dont/ CAN"T click

1k without clicking really is possible, even without help, you just need to know how to play.
You can win if you don't click, i remember denny or someone winning the age without clicking a link in the whole age.

Himatra
3rd July 2006, 04:03 PM
Think it as a real war. The best weapons don't always win. It's just the greatest factor of the victory most times.
<And by the way, games are tried to be made as real as possible most times, so the things KoC can make real ARE made real> :) I like the random factor. Although sometimes it costs me lots of money >.<

Wind
3rd July 2006, 04:31 PM
Well I don't like the argument of it being real based. I mean cmon, another part of the game, the spying... you now have 10,000 skeleton keys or nunchakus, and as soon as you train 10,000 spies to hold them, your one spy that you send to recon is now 10,000 times better? Not uh :P

But I have to say the random factor isn't so bad. If you don't like it, raise your SA more... better rank and you can hit more people. Be a better player, problem solved...

Also if I did go along with the realistic point of view, defending armies will always have the advantage, you're not going to be tired from getting to the designated battlefield, nor will you have to prepare your weapons and such :P

Himatra
4th July 2006, 04:42 AM
Well I don't like the argument of it being real based. I mean cmon, another part of the game, the spying... you now have 10,000 skeleton keys or nunchakus, and as soon as you train 10,000 spies to hold them, your one spy that you send to recon is now 10,000 times better? Not uh :P

Lol, that's true. :ban-split