PDA

View Full Version : more buttons and less letter comfirmation

toadfreak
21st June 2006, 08:56 AM
I understand that there has to be letter comfirmation on KOC to prevent people from setting up bots to play. But, sometimes, you wishyou had a button for more stuff tto spend your money a little faster.

ex: I just woke up in the morning, and have most of the income I accumulated in my sleep. But, someone can attack me any second. Rather than find the weapon I want, put in a number and then scroll down and put in letter comfirmation, what if all I had to do was fill in the number and click a button by the weapon?

dopeypsv
21st June 2006, 10:38 AM
As you said yourself, that would make autobuyers and other automated proggies easier to be build and to use, so more cheaters, so less gold around and so on, and so on. If you lose your gold, tough luck, it happens to everyone (at least, most people lose gold :P) so my advise is just to attack back for gold or sab the once bothering you ;)

toadfreak
21st June 2006, 11:16 AM
that's true, but you have to admit making a few of the letter comfirmations into buttons would be easier. Like the officer bulletin, why do you need a comfirmation for that?

dopeypsv
21st June 2006, 11:54 AM
oww, don't get me wrong, i agree that it totally sux if you come online, you have 30mil+ and you go to your armory, and you only have 2mil left cause someone just caught you. But thats what this game is all about right? :)

And for a conformation for the officers bulletin, i guess thats if you get hacked or something, not sure lol

toadfreak
21st June 2006, 04:32 PM
it is just something to think about, really. In age 1, they didn't hae any ltter comfirmation that I remember. Getting rid of some of it that they added wouldn't be asking for much

r0b-dog
23rd June 2006, 12:04 AM
but the letter confirmation also prevents cheating happening from auto-buyers etc.

toadfreak
23rd June 2006, 05:16 AM
true, but it is still really annoying. It comes down to: how many players would just be happy to be rid of the comfirmation versus how many would start cheating the second it is gone.

Besides, I heard there are still auto-buyers that work on koc anyway. If the letter comfirmation still isn't stopping then, why even bother having it?

atat23
23rd June 2006, 05:43 AM
Besides, I heard there are still auto-buyers that work on koc anyway. If the letter comfirmation still isn't stopping then, why even bother having it?

why make it easier to cheat? would also encourage more people to cheat

dopeypsv
23rd June 2006, 06:01 AM
Lol, are turks still here? :lmao:

But anyway, i still think it's a bad idea. If people could be trusted, then it would be a good idea but since that ain't the case....

ZoSo_AoA-
15th July 2006, 05:30 PM
Typing something like: X Y G R U isn't really that difficult.

r0b-dog
16th July 2006, 01:23 AM
Typing something like: X Y G R U isn't really that difficult.

it is if you are a slow typer,lol

flamers1500
16th July 2006, 05:42 AM
it takes time though. i have nvr cheated nvr will because this ant serious so wht's the point any way. u have 2 b v sad to cheat on a game just 2 b good

masterminds
19th July 2006, 03:25 PM
i agree that it is annoying to type in the letters and sometimes they are hard to read, you could just click the cant read button but then that takes more time,
but i also agree that there will be more cheaters, so in that case i would try and think of some other way to change this

Puppypower
21st July 2006, 01:43 AM
It is really annoying, & clicking would take up less time, so I like.

Except for the fact that people would be cusin cheats.

Carnage
21st July 2006, 05:58 AM
Hmmm, maybe if there was an option, say if your gold was over a certain ammount that the captcha didn't have to be filled in. It spent the gold but then it went to another page where you have to fill in the captcha before doing anything else and before your account is credited with the weapons. There would have to be a time limit on it else people would use a bot to spend gold then enter the captcha when they got back.

Most elegant solution to the problem imo. In fact i may use it on foe. . .

theRULE
23rd July 2006, 02:06 PM
That sounds great. Mabey you could have a master CAPTCHA at the bottom of your command post that was like 15 characters long. Then like for 30 min you would not have to do any more typing in and wasting time. That would come in nice when attacking spying sabbing etc. If you didn't enter the master CAPTCHA in, then you would still have to enter in the other ones untill you did the master one.