PDA

View Full Version : Code in Signature?

ChaosLight
29th October 2004, 08:32 AM
Are regular members able to put code in our signatures, or is that reserved for the likes of the exalted Carnage and Krystin et al?

Just like to know before I try and foul up my signature irreperably.

Carnage
29th October 2004, 10:05 AM
nope you cannot put code into your sigs unless you happen to have access to the server, sorry.

ChaosLight
29th October 2004, 10:50 AM
Oh, pooh. And all I really wanted was to be cool like you.

dazzy
29th October 2004, 11:40 AM
What do you mean about codes in sigs?

And carnage get my email of your sig.

Stephen
29th October 2004, 12:14 PM
I'm going to assume that's a joke...

if not, I'll explain. You are the only one that sees that email. Everyone sees their own (kinda like some sort of proverb...) It's a script.

Lily
29th October 2004, 12:16 PM
What do you mean about codes in sigs?

And carnage get my email of your sig.
As in PHP code. There's a function that Carnage created himself, that allows whoever has the proper MySQL flag to have a dynamic signature, with PHP code.

Carnage doesn't have your email in his signature. If you had access to the server, you'd realise that it's really just the array, $bbuserinfo, which contains the user information of the person viewing the page. In this case, it's $bbuserinfo['email']. Nobody can see that email except for you.

or is that reserved for the likes of the exalted Carnage and Krystin et al?
Krystin doesn't have the MySQL flag. That would be me.

ShadowGandalf
29th October 2004, 07:36 PM
aosdfhsfd how dare you mix up krystin and kristen. It's not as if they're both admins with the homonymical names or anything!!?!

I assume we can't have code b/c we'd be able to do funky things that Carnage wouldn't liike....

Lily
29th October 2004, 07:55 PM
I assume we can't have code b/c we'd be able to do funky things that Carnage wouldn't liike....
Not that exactly. It's a very large security risk if we allow you to have a PHP signature. I'm not going to get into the details of it, but it could severely put the database at risk of being compromised.

Since the original question was answered, I'm going to close this. If you have any other questions regarding this subject, please PM Carnage or myself.