PDA

View Full Version : Spy Effectiveness

Irishman
12th June 2006, 08:30 PM
Hello, I've been in KoC for about 2 weeks now. I just had a question about spies and their effectiveness. When spying on someone, if I increase the number of spies I use, does the chance of getting caught increase or decrease?

Up to now I've always been afraid to use more than one spy at a time for fear of losing my tools. I tried using all my spies once and ended up losing a big tool. It was probably because I had an altogether weaker spy force, but I decided to just come here and ask and find out for sure. =)

alwaysl00king2
12th June 2006, 10:15 PM
any time you use more than one spy, your chances of getting caught increase.

now in past ages, I have only used one spy at a time. this age, though, I feel I MA Y have the opportunity to use more than one spy at a time because they changed some formulas.

In past ages, even one spy would get caught occasionally, and I don't expect this to change in age 6. I will say that reading what I have read, sending more than one spy in does increase your ability to be caught, and lose spy tools. However, outside of that, it sounds like you are able to send in more spies to get the job done if you are successful. So it is the choice of whether you can lose spy tools or not to do what you need to do.

Please note, that I have also seen many writings about a bug in the sab technique, where you might need to do an 'break attack' after every successful defensive sab that you do, because KoC tends to break weapons more than one time, making the sab, somewhat redundant, and useless, unless you have the ability to break weapons between sabs.

AL2

Irishman
13th June 2006, 12:09 PM
Ahh, ok... sorry for being a noob, but what exactly is a sab?

Elfdude143
13th June 2006, 12:13 PM
A sab is when you send 1 or multiple spies into an enemy's camp and try to destroy weapons. If you successfully sab a defensive weapon, it will be broken and lost the next time the person is attacked. Same goes for an offensive weapon, except it is lost when the person attacks someone. Sabbing is very risky, because if a spy is caught you will lose a weapon yourself.

Irishman
13th June 2006, 12:15 PM
Ok. So it's short for sabotage. Thanks. =)