PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Cookies

Xenon_Assassin
7th June 2006, 07:10 AM
Hello, I'm wondering if there's any option to set up persistent cookies, that expire like er maybe in a week or something, because I'm tired of having to enter my KOC name + email + password every 15 minutes I'm inactive.

Is there anyway to do this? Type your info once per week?

Phyrus
7th June 2006, 07:21 AM
google toolbar on IE has autofill feature
firefox has password-saver utility

Xenon_Assassin
7th June 2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah I guess that could work, but damnit, it's annoying even using those. Would be easier with a persistent cookie, and I read on KoC's privacy thing, that persistent cookies can be used, dont know how though.

Anyone knows?

the_forgotten
7th June 2006, 07:58 AM
http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=714942#post714942

try that
maybe it solves your problem
maybe not

Xenon_Assassin
7th June 2006, 08:05 AM
Aaammagad thanks a lot, that's so simple but yet so useful ^^ thanks again

mcm-never-dies
8th June 2006, 02:04 AM
making a persistent cookie wouldn't help :p Even if the cookie was saved forever, the session still expires at the koc server after 15 minutes, so the cookie would be useless ;)

alwaysl00king2
8th June 2006, 09:57 PM
personally i use robo form. it's free if u only use like 10 passwords. just one click and ur logged on. I know there are several free login programs out there...it's just getting used to using them. I liked roboform enuff< i actually paid for it...lol

not sure if i'm allowed to post the link here..but if ur interested send me an IM and i'll send it to u there. or u can just do a search for form fillers.

GL
AL2

Xenon_Assassin
8th June 2006, 10:22 PM
Aye its ok, I customized that script a bit because IE wouldnt auto-refresh it, so basically I open base.html from my desktop, it opens the IE window, I just click login and there, I'm logged in on KoC.

What else does RoboForm do? If you paid it must be something @:

R1DD1CK
8th June 2006, 10:40 PM
google toolbar on IE only fills e-mail address;)
NTL auto fill has a drag and drop feature that works 8)
and I cant get this to work!!! with xp pro as I cant use note pad 8(

http://www.giveupalready.com/showth...4942#post714942

Xenon_Assassin
9th June 2006, 08:58 AM
Use any text editor, even word or wordpad works.

mcm-never-dies
11th June 2006, 01:52 AM
word does not work for making an auto login.. just wordpad and notepad

alwaysl00king2
12th June 2006, 11:16 PM
Aye its ok, I customized that script a bit because IE wouldnt auto-refresh it, so basically I open base.html from my desktop, it opens the IE window, I just click login and there, I'm logged in on KoC.

What else does RoboForm do? If you paid it must be something @:

I tried to send u a message but it said you were not accepting messages.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

alwaysl00king2@al2schaos.tk

word does not work for making an auto login.. just wordpad and notepad

This is correct. If you need to write a script you need to use wordpad or notepad to get it to work. (of course in this case you need to do a 'save as' and save as an html document, and it will work for you)

Thanks to MCM-NEVER-DIES...you provide alot of useful information on this forum, and I will be awarding you a rep point! Keep up your great work.

AL2