PDA

View Full Version : Sab error

MrFoolKiller
6th June 2006, 04:58 PM
I've heard and seen it demonstrated that you have to break weapons after each sab. This severely limits an already limited function of the game. With spies losing tools when captured(which is completely logical to me) but spies sabbing the same weapons again instead of moving on to others. I guess everyone's spies are inbred and friggin morons now. Example...
If I sab 10 IS from someone 10 times, I haven't sabbed 100 IS, I've sabbed the same 10 IS 10 times unless I break them after each sab, which can only be done 5 times so it does no good to sab more than 6 times, 5 at defense, 1 at strike. Can admins look into this please.

ms_fishy
6th June 2006, 06:22 PM
i've just asked someone to sab 1 IS off me 3 times. After I got attacked, I lost only 1 IS - got attacked again, nothing is lost - so your theory is confirmed

not sure if this is intended or its a big bug like last age repairs bugs that made slayers pretty much invincible

hope admins are informed soon.. so anybody here talk to them on a regular basis?

Whishy
6th June 2006, 07:06 PM
Ah The Fool Killer Is Not A Fool At All, I Always Wondered About That But Guess I Dont Need To Anymore, Guess Most Of My Few Sabs This Age Have Been Pretty Useless =(

Btw, Hey Liziy =)

ms_fishy
6th June 2006, 07:37 PM
whishy are you whishy my ex-officer? sorry i took off to the desert when the age started - came back with a new name and couldnt find half of you guys ;)

name is daydreamer :D

LoseR
6th June 2006, 07:58 PM
wow. I've never heard of this one before. there was some tread about this guy bragging that had sabbed like 50 IS 4 times in 1 day off people on the first page, guess it was mostly for crap though ;)

they should really fix that though, cause thats kinda messed up.

l0_0l
6th June 2006, 10:51 PM
you had to give it away didnt you? :P

<3

what's funny is all the noobs in TRD accusing each other of cheating and posting fake logs.

I had a good laugh

MrFoolKiller
7th June 2006, 04:30 PM
I'd rather have it fixed, that's why I mentioned it.lol

Scapenator
8th June 2006, 03:58 AM
wow, let me get this straight...
u have to attack after each succesful spy mission?
otherwise u just sab the sab weapons again if u dont attack?

Ady
8th June 2006, 04:03 AM
can i just say a quick thanks, now the guys taking 200 IS a day from me will take 300 IS instead

daddio
8th June 2006, 10:36 AM
I've heard and seen it demonstrated that you have to break weapons after each sab. This severely limits an already limited function of the game. With spies losing tools when captured(which is completely logical to me) but spies sabbing the same weapons again instead of moving on to others. I guess everyone's spies are inbred and friggin morons now. Example...
If I sab 10 IS from someone 10 times, I haven't sabbed 100 IS, I've sabbed the same 10 IS 10 times unless I break them after each sab, which can only be done 5 times so it does no good to sab more than 6 times, 5 at defense, 1 at strike. Can admins look into this please.

What it does, basically, is encourage you to sabb the largest possible number of weapons on the first try. So, rather than taking an easy 10, 10, 10, and then breaking; the better sabbers will go for 30 on the first try. That, combined with the loss of tools and the ability to successfully send more than one spy and sab more weapons on each successful mission makes sabbers actually think about their tactics instead of randomly sabbing everything in sight.

I think this could be a good change for the serious sabb players.

playboyshort3
8th June 2006, 10:53 AM
whishy are you whishy my ex-officer? sorry i took off to the desert when the age started - came back with a new name and couldnt find half of you guys ;)

name is daydreamer :D
Wishy is our now :dork: This will also cut down on people using auto sabbers unless they intergrade a feature that attacks after each sab.

niknaks2
8th June 2006, 12:56 PM
its not meant to be there its yet another suberb cockup the lazy writers havent yet fixed, simply email aman, rocco, ben, nick or remco..... sorry not remco :P

Shadow-Majestic
8th June 2006, 05:22 PM
k, well, thats about it

KoC has been going downwards from age3.. age3 was the best age there was!

IT WAS FAIR!, cuzz rankers where not save behind there BIG DA and SA anymore, it was breakable, with a few guys massing a few days u could get rid of rankers...

now... omg.. last age and age4 it was hard to bring down rankers... huge TFF meant high rank! and now with a more screwed sab formula... ranks will be placed in a list of TFF, not much difference anymore with TFFs in top 10...

message to admins... HELLO?!?!?!? dont you freaking see the KoC community dying out? tons of ppl are leaving, or already left.... Clan channels are getting more emptier (except the 2 or 3 biggest clans) cyanide-x server is dying out..

mostly cuzz of the SAB formula beeing screwed over and over again

keep it fair, this is no use.. then just delete the entire SPY formula

and i had my hopes up the sab formula was improved... it made it more fun again...

goodbye KoC, another long time and loyal KoC player has just left...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ADMINS!! make it the most boring MMORPG game on this planet

Soriun
8th June 2006, 05:43 PM
Your quite right that the sabotage formula isn't exactly the best. But the game is supposed to get harder as the ages pass. Why? TACTICS! As the game progresses, we will be able to play more strategically, which is the whole point of the new formula.

IT WAS FAIR!, cuzz rankers where not save behind there BIG DA and SA anymore, it was breakable, with a few guys massing a few days u could get rid of rankers...

Sure, but there was little strategy involved in those masses.

Face it, the game is going to get harder, and the strategies will get better. Please bear with us all.

NardHipples
8th June 2006, 07:04 PM

the game is fair when rankers can hurt sabbers and sabbers can hurt rankers, not when sabbers dominate everything.

UnfilteredPerception
9th June 2006, 01:23 AM
according to t0msky the issue has been resolved, at least on the DA side, but not SA. and for the record, i agree with disturbedteddybear above me, just because sabbers dont have piles of ways to hurt people at the top doesnt mean the game is not fair

NC_philosopher
9th June 2006, 04:09 AM
according to t0msky the issue has been resolved, at least on the DA side, but not SA. and for the record, i agree with disturbedteddybear above me, just because sabbers dont have piles of ways to hurt people at the top doesnt mean the game is not fair
what do you mean? you don't have to break anymore after each sab?

by the way...
if you have two sabbers and 1 target:
sabber 1 sabs 10 IS
sabber 2 sabs 10 IS
someone breaks...

how many IS's are broken? 10 or 20?

Shadow-Majestic
9th June 2006, 06:38 AM
@NC_philosopher: 10

@soriun: in age3 sabbers where easely eliminated, get sum sentry and mass attack them for 2 or 3 days
and goodbye spy rating

it was fair, rankers where vunerable, sabbers where, slayers where, DA whores where

now, nah.. tactics? now only the big clans will survive.. small clans wont.. cuzz its futile to start a war if ur in a clan with 50 ppl and 10 sabbers and 2 attackers...
and still.. u cant break SA

its not about better tactics, admins just screwed whole KoC and made it more unfair

NC_philosopher
9th June 2006, 11:32 AM

@soriun: in age3 sabbers where easely eliminated, get sum sentry and mass attack them for 2 or 3 days
and goodbye spy rating

it was fair, rankers where vunerable, sabbers where, slayers where, DA whores where

now, nah.. tactics? now only the big clans will survive.. small clans wont.. cuzz its futile to start a war if ur in a clan with 50 ppl and 10 sabbers and 2 attackers...

its not about better tactics, admins just screwed whole KoC and made it more unfair

big clans split up again (FF...), so that's not true

Soriun
10th June 2006, 09:07 AM

and goodbye spy rating

Are you trying to tell me that the admins are PURPOSELY ruining the game. Thats absurd. Honestly, have some common sense, there is no way that the admins would ruin the game for no apparent reason.