PDA

View Full Version : Throne of Horror Disbanded

Ellixen
2nd June 2006, 08:55 PM
Due to inactivity, Throne of Horror was disbanded. I've started a new alliance called Imperium of Gods, but it's for Darkthrone, Kings of Chaos, and Stargate Wars. If anyone wants to help get my forum active so my alliance can apply to GUA, it would be greatly appreciated.

The link is (no advertising please)

Thanks Everyone

Neomackenzie
2nd June 2006, 09:36 PM
But then again, having three different games will split your forum in 3.

Now my question is: Does moving a community to other games really help concerning daily activity?

I know there are alliances focussing on other games such as DT or FOE... but does it really help so much? I suppose you will now have a Dark Throne, Kings of Chaos, and Stargate Wars section on your message board. You will also have 3 different sources of new members to recruit from.

So, what has the most impact on the clan?
Having 3 different sources of new recruits (which is good) or having the forum split in three parts (spreading the activity which isn't good)?

Note: To me: a few boards with activity > lots of boards with less activity

Ellixen
2nd June 2006, 09:43 PM
Well, I'm using child boards to split up the 3 games. For example my Tips & Hints section has it's main area which is for advice that helps in all 3, then it's 3 child boards for the individual games.

I understand that activity may be split, but overall activity is what I'm going for.

mcm-never-dies
3rd June 2006, 07:05 AM
But then again, having three different games will split your forum in 3.

Now my question is: Does moving a community to other games really help concerning daily activity?

I know there are alliances focussing on other games such as DT or FOE... but does it really help so much? I suppose you will now have a Dark Throne, Kings of Chaos, and Stargate Wars section on your message board. You will also have 3 different sources of new members to recruit from.

So, what has the most impact on the clan?
Having 3 different sources of new recruits (which is good) or having the forum split in three parts (spreading the activity which isn't good)?

Note: To me: a few boards with activity > lots of boards with less activity
I speak out of experience here. FSC has been a 3 games alliance for a while aswell. We had a guild in GW, a nation in unreal nations (that game was made by one of our leaders), and a chain in koc. And also ofcourse seperate sections at the forums for the games. The general chat forums, the joining, and allying forums, the announcements, and some other stuff were still shared.
It definitely helped to increase the activity. And also nice: we got members who played more of those games.

Unfortunately after a while we decided to quit UN, because the owner, who was one of our leaders, had sold it, and stopped devellopping it.
After a while also the GW guild broke up, and the guild leaders decided to give it up.
We're now a single game alliance again, just like we were at the start. But it has definitely helped to get a good activity for some months ;)