PDA

View Full Version : How do you react

ChinDog
27th May 2006, 09:56 PM
How do you react when you get attacked ?
Do you
- Say that attacking and getting attacked is part of the game and you just live with it ?

OR

- Remember the attacker, make a note of his id if you dont have sufficient powers to attack him yet and then attack back

OR

- Sab the hell out of the guy or get your alliance to sab him to hell.

I havent been attacked yet , mainly bcos I;m spending every 4 hours or so and bcos I;m still not a profitable target, but sooner or later I;ll get bangd for soome mills and then I;ll see how the rest of the gang on koc feels on being attacked.

AeliusPix
27th May 2006, 11:22 PM
It's part of the game. If people didn't like it, they wouldn't play. If you react badly when you get attacked, you're childish and should think about maybe growing up.

Rodryn
28th May 2006, 02:40 AM
Depends on how many attacks and in what timeframe he attacks me in...

But if it hapends one time I dont care...But if it hapends a few times (4-5) in a week I PM him and ask him to stop...Then it all depends on what he does...

lsfamily
28th May 2006, 04:03 AM
its stupid to asb someone just because they attacked u for gold...but if they are farming its another story.
also if u are at a state of war, where u simply sab every one in ur logs, something like that will happen

Rogue_ST
28th May 2006, 04:17 AM
It's part of the game. If people didn't like it, they wouldn't play. If you react badly when you get attacked, you're childish and should think about maybe growing up.

if you play this game you are childish,

/me big kid :D

AeliusPix
28th May 2006, 04:27 AM
if you play this game you are childish,

/me big kid :D
There's childish, being how you react to situations, and childish, being the type of things you enjoy doing. One's bad and one is good.

Obviously, if they are farming you, you can react differently. But if you sab for gold hits, that's just stupid.

WRATHZILLA
28th May 2006, 05:08 AM
I usually yell at my computer, then smash it to the ground, get the hammer, and smash it open, and say, "This hurts me computer, you know, when you let people attack me."

Then it responds to me.

"Wait, did you just say that its not your fault?"

Then I pull down my pants and piss on it.

Then I have to buy a new computer, and the process continues on.

Evil_Scarecrow
28th May 2006, 05:19 AM
There's childish, being how you react to situations, and childish, being the type of things you enjoy doing. One's bad and one is good.

Obviously, if they are farming you, you can react differently.But if you sab for gold hits, that's just stupid.
You have your opnion i have mine :badger_2:
its a game some people have fun like that :D opnions differ but this is mine :)

Deathfire14
28th May 2006, 05:26 AM
Everyone has there own policies on how to play, some sab for gold hits, some sab for recon's, some sab for probing. It all depends how you wanna play the age really. If your gonna sab for all gold hits then your gonna have a busy Age thats for sure. Farming is a whole different story, there are not many people or alliances that would condone farming....

AeliusPix
28th May 2006, 06:02 AM
Everyone has there own policies on how to play, some sab for gold hits, some sab for recon's, some sab for probing. It all depends how you wanna play the age really. If your gonna sab for all gold hits then your gonna have a busy Age thats for sure. Farming is a whole different story, there are not many people or alliances that would condone farming....
What, are you kidding? I have only come across one person who was against farming, and he was in the high 20k's.

the_forgotten
28th May 2006, 06:34 AM
i never sab for gold attacks ,thats easy way to lose your own armoury hehehe
i find a nice message to the player works if they farm you lol
and also actualy logging into koc often lessens the chance of loosing gold

loosing gold is part of the game if you sleep or have a life hehhehehe

Poltionorch
28th May 2006, 10:17 AM
Do you
- Say that attacking and getting attacked is part of the game and you just live with it ?

OR

- Remember the attacker, make a note of his id if you dont have sufficient powers to attack him yet and then attack back

OR

I havent been attacked yet , mainly bcos I;m spending every 4 hours or so and bcos I;m still not a profitable target, but sooner or later I;ll get bangd for soome mills and then I;ll see how the rest of the gang on koc feels on being attacked.

yeah

Rogue_ST
28th May 2006, 08:24 PM
there is a saying the best form of defense is attack

sabbing for gold hits could be put under this,i personally dont do it, although i sabb for probes.

Last age i remember the likes of CPH warned ppl that they would be chained if they attacked him for gold, i'm sure it made some ppl think twice.

mikil100
28th May 2006, 09:03 PM
if u are a very violent player u can expect violence in return, diplomacy solves 85% of the cases, 10% are left alone, and 5% turn out to be hostile
just a lil' guess

AeliusPix
29th May 2006, 06:50 AM
if u are a very violent player u can expect violence in return, diplomacy solves 85% of the cases, 10% are left alone, and 5% turn out to be hostile
just a lil' guess
It's alot different from that. There are very little, if any, that are sorted out without hostility. I can almost guarantee that a run in with any clan in KoC will result in sabbing/attacking, for the simple reason that it is a war game.

Judderz
29th May 2006, 09:24 AM
I sab for all probes, if they are too lazy to recon, I'm too lazy to warn them, and now with the new 'lose spy tools' addition, I'm finding more and more people are probing, if I lose a weapon, so be it, they are only pretend at the end of the day.

If someone recons then hits, that's fair game, shows they took the time and ain't bothered about losing their own spy tools.

dopeypsv
29th May 2006, 09:30 AM
I sab for all probes, if they are too lazy to recon, I'm too lazy to warn them, and now with the new 'lose spy tools' addition, I'm finding more and more people are probing, if I lose a weapon, so be it, they are only pretend at the end of the day.

true, except the fact that a lot of players sabbing probes, have noobs in their chains that probe themselves....

NoobnZeta
29th May 2006, 10:10 AM
if its 1 gold hit i live with it. its just a game and i wont go crying to my alliance because a lost some fictional gold, if its 2 attacks a week i send a msg especially if its a noob who probably doesnt know what farming means, no need to ruin the game of a new player if its not a noob or makes 3 attacks on 2 weeks i sabb.

daddio
30th May 2006, 10:57 AM
Do you

OR

OR

I keep an eye on the people in my attack logs, and if I see some good gold before the attack ages off, I'll take it.

aero_zeppelin
30th May 2006, 09:27 PM
Probers must die.

And as in all ages, logs are recorded.

daddio
31st May 2006, 10:40 AM
Probers must die.

And as in all ages, logs are recorded.

I used to do alot of probing. I could usually see the gold and would know I would win, but rather than do the math, I would probe 5 targets to see which one would be the best to spend 15 attacks on. At that time, I was doing alot of attacking and needed to conserve attacks.

My pattern was 1,1,1,1,1,15, so 5 out of every 6 attacks was a probe.

Despite all the anti-probe sentiment I read on this forum, very few people retaliated, and only one specifically complained about the probe.

I had enough spy to know I could beat them. That means 2 things that kept them from retaliating - 1) I could beat them and 2) I had enough spy to sab them back.

r0b-dog
9th June 2006, 11:10 PM
I just sabbbed the fuck out of who attacks me.

GynoStretcher
10th June 2006, 01:14 AM
I have to sleep sometime, so getting attacked is part of the game. That doesn't mean I have to like it.

I usually send a friendly but stern PM to successfull attackers and failed recons. Most folks are just out for a bit of gold to help them grow, and usually fairly friendly when responding to PMs. Being social means not getting farmed (so far). After all, there are plenty of targets of opportunity.

Probes and failed attacks I pretty much ignore, unless they failed badly (in which case, I PM to taunt).

Sabbing and 5x1 are a good way to send a message if somebody really annoys me, but these acts don't help me grow. Also, because they hurt for no gain, they are viewed as much more hostile than a simple attack. I don't want to stir up trouble for my chain, and I think most folks who have been around a while feel the same way. This early in the age most people just want to grow (news-worthy clan splits notwithstanding).

Of course, seeing as how spy and sentry tools cannot be broken, this may turn out to be the Age of Sabbers. So far, people are going crazy with sentry, and with the new sab formulas we don't even know if it helps. However, it makes it a lot harder to recon before attacks. It will be interesting to see how this Age shapes up.

ZoSo_AoA-
10th June 2006, 07:48 PM
I also agree with the sentiment against probes, and use sabotage as a means to prevent it.