PDA

View Full Version : question about commanders and officers

vampangel
23rd May 2006, 02:29 PM
hi! i've been receiving a lot of invitations to join different aliances, but the problem is that i don't know what do i get - in terms of soldiers - when i became an officer of someone else or what do they get...

Sandra

DJ-Hamid
23rd May 2006, 02:33 PM
you dont get nothing unless the person u join gives you clicks or soldiers or they join under you to give you a boost they dont get anythign unless you click!

d12bling
23rd May 2006, 04:36 PM
Since I have no commander and I will not join under anyone, I have been recieving these messages as well. Many of those people say you get access to programs that give you 1000 troops a day. They then say a few other things to make you want to join them. They all advertising the same program so you do should not consider the 1000 troops a day as a real bonus, you can access similar programs without a commander. The people want you to use those programs so they benefit. Every time you use those programs to get 2 troops, your commander gets 1 also. It may seem like you are getting more benefits than your commander, but each officer they have is doing the same thing. So the commander is really the only getting anything out of it.

the_forgotten
23rd May 2006, 04:53 PM
Since I have no commander and I will not join under anyone, I have been recieving these messages as well. Many of those people say you get access to programs that give you 1000 troops a day. They then say a few other things to make you want to join them. They all advertising the same program so you do should not consider the 1000 troops a day as a real bonus, you can access similar programs without a commander. The people want you to use those programs so they benefit. Every time you use those programs to get 2 troops, your commander gets 1 also. It may seem like you are getting more benefits than your commander, but each officer they have is doing the same thing. So the commander is really the only getting anything out of it.

well the post above is correct
but fails to point out that if you get a good commander he will help you find gold and even officers if you get a good one

although their is quite a few bad commanders in koc
ones who just want clicks and dont help their officers at all

but then their are some great commanders
so yoou just have to find a good one
or go it alone

Master Elrond
23rd May 2006, 04:57 PM
A commander is someone who helps his officers to get clicks, build up their forces and help them out if they are harrassed or mass attacked. I try to do that with my officers.

Elf-wort
23rd May 2006, 05:01 PM
Well I have to say that there are more things about the commander/officer relationship to me than just what the officer can get in terms of KoC benefits, we have an active forum that gives our officers a community feeling, being able to discuss things and play other games too.

Bloo
23rd May 2006, 05:05 PM

The Commander is the only one to benefit?! Utter tosh.
I suspect you've been let down by a previous commander?
A good commander will protect his officers and help them with gameplay.
A good commander will boost their officers.
A good chain will have a forum and mini KOC community where you can interact with other players, pick up tips and generally goof around.
It makes the game more fun.

Bloo.

PS I am a good commander :)

the_forgotten
23rd May 2006, 05:17 PM
The Commander is the only one to benefit?! Utter tosh.
I suspect you've been let down by a previous commander?
PS I am a good commander :)

i would agree with the hes been let down
man you can feel the hate

it gets on my nerves that their are so many bad commanders out their
but also thankfull
cos ive gained officers from bad commanders in the past lol

lol love the tout for a officer line hehehhe

Fyrsten
23rd May 2006, 05:22 PM
Nowadays it's really hard to find a good alliance/clan who actually helps you. But if you look around, you will find alliance/clan who really care for you and help you to achieve a good rank.

I wish you good luck with Age6 vampangel, and I hope you find something who works for you :)

vampangel
23rd May 2006, 09:18 PM
thanks to all of you for the information, it is really helpful. you know what is really hard to find is a aliance that doesn't want to take revenge in its past aliances so ... one day you are doing every thing ok and the next day you are in the middle of a senseless war...

PS: I THINK I'M GOING TO START MY OWN CHAIN ... VERY SIMPLE 4 LEVELS AND I'LL MAKE MY COMMANDER SOMEONE IN THE 4th LEVEL SO THAT WAY IS A CLOSE CIRCLE ^^"

gavagai
24th May 2006, 03:55 AM
PS: I THINK I'M GOING TO START MY OWN CHAIN ... VERY SIMPLE 4 LEVELS AND I'LL MAKE MY COMMANDER SOMEONE IN THE 4th LEVEL SO THAT WAY IS A CLOSE CIRCLE ^^"
Well that doesnt work. Should be more than obvious... :crazy:

Ady
24th May 2006, 05:13 AM
as has already been said, having a commander is more than just for KOC, me and my commander are good friends and chat, joke around and occasionaly indulge in some ebaY action :lol:

Good commanders will teach you the game, be patient and understanding to your needs, some people dont want to click all day, so forcing them is pointless and will only drive them away! ive clicked more this age than i did last age already, last age i liked to move around and attack everything in sight, and if thats what your officer wants to do, make em the best at it!

but not all commanders are bad, and choosing not to have one at all, in my opinion, is ignorance, there is so much to be missed out on!

bonebeun
24th May 2006, 07:10 AM
This is the first age me and my friend started clicking, and now we are also getting sucking up messages to join chains.

I know the game is more fun played in a good chain or anything, but with these messages I only get the feeling people want to use me to get some soldiers themselves

Elf-wort
24th May 2006, 09:27 AM
This is the first age me and my friend started clicking, and now we are also getting sucking up messages to join chains.

I know the game is more fun played in a good chain or anything, but with these messages I only get the feeling people want to use me to get some soldiers themselves

This was my point exactly in my post earlier in this thread. I am there to help my officers in any way that they need but I would never push them to click, I would explain the benefits yes in general on our forum but not hard line someone into doing it.

For me the benefits are about helping each other out, being a mediator in times of trouble and encouraging them to get involved in the forum.

Ady
24th May 2006, 10:23 AM

ever thought of adding them to an instant messenger of your choice first? getting to know them and their goals, then maybe helping them out by becoming their officer?

the fact of the matter is, officers do get used, alot of the time i do go round and message any old commander-less user, but i dont ask them to join me straight off, i offer to get to know them first and see what I can do for them!

Gotjen
24th May 2006, 11:35 AM
Mind if I add my two cents?

The truth is, officers get absolutely nothing out of becoming someone's officer, the only one who gets anything out of it is the commander.

A good commander will help you with gameplay, but so what? GUA and a good alliance are all you need, and you generally don't need to become someone's officer to get access to those.

A good commander will protect you, and a good alliance will too, and you generally don't need to become someone's officer to get into a good alliance.

However, you can join someone for the sake of helping them, because you're friends for example. Since you get nothing out of it, the only reason to become someone's officer is because you want to help them.

Of course, everyone is allowed to disagree with my post and bring up valid arguments :) me likes discussion

Ady
24th May 2006, 12:51 PM
my commander gave me over 5 bill in sells last age

i clicked 20k last age, and it wasnt all under him, i reckon he got about 5k soldiers from me

and ive got a big mouth, gotten him and my chain into trouble in the past...so its not always commanders getting the benefits!

although i have redeemed myself with growth this age :)

Gotjen
24th May 2006, 01:59 PM
Well, I mean sure, in return of you clicking for him/her a commander can give you sell-offs or something... I guess a commander who does that is in fact a good commander, and like that the officer does have a use for it.

vampangel
26th May 2006, 01:46 AM
Well, that's why i'm looking for a good commander, i like smmal groups and all the alliances are like 50 o more people...

orco
26th May 2006, 10:52 AM
Mind if I add my two cents?

The truth is, officers get absolutely nothing out of becoming someone's officer, the only one who gets anything out of it is the commander.

A good commander will help you with gameplay, but so what? GUA and a good alliance are all you need, and you generally don't need to become someone's officer to get access to those.

A good commander will protect you, and a good alliance will too, and you generally don't need to become someone's officer to get into a good alliance.

However, you can join someone for the sake of helping them, because you're friends for example. Since you get nothing out of it, the only reason to become someone's officer is because you want to help them.

i agree 100%

d12bling
26th May 2006, 01:20 PM
To the previous posts, all my commanders in the last age were terrible for me. They all promised protection from mass attacks, but I was only mass attacked when I had a commander. I then ask for the protection that was promised and I get no reply. Even on one of the forums for my commander I get no productive responses. One time when I was mass attacked, I asked the attackers why they were doing it. The reason they give was something that my commander did to them. Another one of my commanders told me to leave because I did not use recruiters and he wasnt benefiting from me in that way. At the same time I was helping out his other officers and my help went unnoticed. Last age I used all my commander switches and I did not get any of the promised benefits.

Gotjen
26th May 2006, 01:38 PM
That's why you should never really respond to recruit messages, IMHO the best thing to do is to just join an alliance which looks like it could help you, and if you come across someone on there who seems like they'd be a good commander you can join under them, that way you can at least tell what kind of person you're joining.