PDA

View Full Version : Instead of tool loss

PQWDER
23rd May 2006, 01:08 PM
Instead of losing your tools along with your spy
(Some options I can think off)

why don't we just treat tools like weapons where they recieve repairable damage done when u get caught?

or

Make it so u can lose sentry tools too!

because say someone higher than u is harrasing u his sentry is going higher while you spy is going lower and lower what's the point of even having it any more then

Carnival*
23rd May 2006, 04:48 PM
think about it if ur spy is caught how would the weapon get back to you?

PQWDER
23rd May 2006, 05:05 PM
send out more than one spy

right now if you sent out 15 spies only half would be caught if they were cought! a couple would return though. they could bring them back!

Plus this isn't a realistic game if it was realistic some of your weapons would be destroyed when you attack some one or get attacked but all they do is get damaged!

NuBxJ2x
23rd May 2006, 06:31 PM
You can repair invisible shield after orcs attack your army of dwarves in RL.... I don't know where you come from, but you must have alot of money to supply them with new ISs all the time!

PQWDER
23rd May 2006, 06:48 PM
You can repair invisible shield after orcs attack your army of dwarves in RL.... I don't know where you come from, but you must have alot of money to supply them with new ISs all the time!
First off in RL there are no invisibility shields and no orcs and a dwarfism is a medical condition but exactly in the game they can be repaired in real life a lot of the stuff would have been destroyed or made unrepairable in a fight so why bring realism into it.

but you made another point
you'd have to have a lot of money to buy new IS because the old ones got destroyed just like it costs a lot of money for someone to replaice thier spy tools.(witch is how the game is currently running)

Easier just to make tools repairable like weapons! instead of having them lost!

rdj
23rd May 2006, 07:57 PM
Actually, I think the loss of the tool is pretty fair, since rocco said you now lose spies less often, and don't always lose your highest tool. This ensures that a sab account would require constant time and maintanance,

PQWDER
23rd May 2006, 09:59 PM
I haven't even sabbed yet and I've lost one. it was a recon and I did only send one spy I don't know how but if it was lessened I would not have lost it. so no it isn't fair

DarKnight_1
23rd May 2006, 11:32 PM
i would disagree with you there. lets face it. if aspy was lost the tool from that spy would not come back.

lets say you sent more than one... do you really think that if an alarm was raised spies would care about their fellows dropping their tools? do you really think that they would bother running back to pick them up?

RawRWolf
24th May 2006, 12:22 AM
k its simple its a way to make sabbers be more carful and more costly. its a blance man as simple as that finily a way to make sabber need to pay for there shit. and trust me i rather have them pay half mill in damage then a measly thousands everytime :s

PQWDER
24th May 2006, 01:31 AM
Every one was able to do it not just a few people!

Sabbing is a equalizer. it prevents any one person from gaining to much power and holding that over people! and now it's just getting rid of that. It's taking the chaos out of Kings of chaos!

and again if you want to try bringing reality into the game if the army your a part of would you go back to get a weapon off of one of your fallen comrades when every one around you is getting killed and the enemy is advancing! so who would be there to pick it up? The not running back to pick it up is a bad reason for it! because the same goes for a losing force on a battle field. is the winning side just going to give them back to u? Reality should not be a factor!

AeliusPix
24th May 2006, 03:47 AM
The feature was put into place to help balance out the way people play their accounts. Last age, sab accounts were literally invulnerable. Sure, you could mass, but most had 640 UP and could cover their losses when the UP came in.
By making it possible to lose tools, the admins have made sabbing more costly, and in turn have introduced the need to be more conservative in sabbing. Now, random sabbing will be too expensive to all but those with a huge TBG, and sabbing will be limited to wars.

daddio
24th May 2006, 10:59 AM
I haven't had enough time to really try out the new spy rules, but I think I'm going to like them.

Last age I maintained a relatively high Spy rating, but used it almost entirely for reconning. I'll admit, I used to recon more than absolutely necessary - Maybe I'd already know how many IS they had, but I'd keep reconning until I knew everything about them.

Now, I'll be inclined to recon a little less often and act on partial information - it probably should add a little more uncertainty to the game, which is good.

Last age I had half a dozen people threaten to sabb me "everyday for the rest of the age". Now that it might cost them something, the threat is probably a little more empty than it was before.

Gotjen
24th May 2006, 02:14 PM
Every one was able to do it not just a few people!

Sabbing is a equalizer. it prevents any one person from gaining to much power and holding that over people! and now it's just getting rid of that. It's taking the chaos out of Kings of chaos!

it prevents any one person from gaining to much power and holding that over people? I take it you've never had a message like "Become my officer or I will sab your account into the ground till you quit koc mwhahaha" <_<

To prevent that kind of thing, they had to weaken sab somehow, and this is a good way to do it. Having people lose sentry tools too just makes it easier for a group of people to gang up on one person (regardless of weither the one person is one of the big guys or just your avarage player)

About them being damaged instead of lost, I ask why? I mean, does it really matter weither you have a chance of losing your tool, or that you have to repair your tool? Unless you can explain the difference to me, to me the only difference seems to be that losing the tool is more realistic.

EDIT - While I was writing this message, a bunch of other people replied, so when I wrote my message I hadn't read any messages posted after the message I quoted :/ sorry!

aero_zeppelin
24th May 2006, 03:33 PM
By making it possible to lose tools, the admins have made sabbing more costly, and in turn have introduced the need to be more conservative in sabbing. Now, random sabbing will be too expensive to all but those with a huge TBG, and sabbing will be limited to wars.

Not really. Sabbing will be limited to those that don't care about their tools. Wars between rank chains will be boring, maybe a few members will sab but the rest of the chain will just observe. A war like PR vs RF will last 6 months, and the end will be equal to the start, only accounts losing will be the one sabbing.

And the crap of losing less spies? Not true. Lost 4 in 11 attempts just now, testing out on a friend with 3x less sentry than my spy. You've made sabbing useless, this age will only have probe wars.

PQWDER
24th May 2006, 03:33 PM
actually I had 2 people try the join me or be sabbed I never gave in I got sabbed from I think I was ranked 6k back to 21k. I just sabbed and 5*1 them and thier officers as they sabbed me. and they eventually they called for the cease fire not me! so it was even you just had to be able to put up with it! I never even responded to any of thier messages I'd read them and that was it! if you threaten them they just do it more! I just did it back and never said a thing and they ended up being the ones crying! and I never made either one my commander I wqent most of last age without one!

Gotjen
24th May 2006, 04:59 PM
something you're saying doesn't make sense, namely that you say they were the ones that ended up crying when you got sabbed 15k ranks down! In addition, sabbing officers of people who piss you off is a coward strategy, and not all sabbers can be hurt using 5*1s.

PQWDER
24th May 2006, 08:17 PM
LOL when they're sabbing your whole chain because you won't become thier officer, I don't care if it cowardly or not I'm hitting thier entire chain in return! and yes if you start sabbing and 5*1ing them and thier officers and never awnser any of thier threats they'll give up! try not responding to a threat in a message it and just keep on hitting the guy without sending him a message it takes the fun out of the game for them!

rdj
24th May 2006, 10:23 PM
Actually, it's called chain sabbing. If you're in a chain, it's likely that you'll get chain sabbed at some point. What I don't understand is why people resist even if you tell them directly that they only have to leave they're chain to stop getting sabbed. That's just my opinion, though.

ComunisTico
24th May 2006, 11:40 PM
its reallly cool now that spy tools can be destroyed, although would be etter it the message saide some like this "1 spy is sent to ...bla bla bla.... 1 is captured tortures violated and 1 NM *dnt remeber the new spy tool* is stolen and added to your armory" that would make it realistic and cool, that would also help ppl and make wars more fun

rollthedice
25th May 2006, 05:20 AM
I think I will like tools being destroyed, it will help balance out the game.

:morning:

Gotjen
26th May 2006, 01:31 PM
Maybe I'm being slow again, but what's the difference between tools being destroyed and being lost? Or do you mean tools being damaged?

LOL when they're sabbing your whole chain because you won't become thier officer, I don't care if it cowardly or not I'm hitting thier entire chain in return! and yes if you start sabbing and 5*1ing them and thier officers and never awnser any of thier threats they'll give up! try not responding to a threat in a message it and just keep on hitting the guy without sending him a message it takes the fun out of the game for them!

You sound really hopeful, and I'm sure you might have had it go that way a few times (or maybe even alot of times) but if that's the case you're just lucky. Most guys won't just give up like that.

And chainsabbing is cowardly and stupid, but since I've never been able to convince anyone of that we're not going to talk about it here... no point.

Monkey_kid
29th May 2006, 06:18 AM
send out more than one spy

right now if you sent out 15 spies only half would be caught if they were cought! a couple would return though. they could bring them back!

you'd waste spies if you did that, in my noob days (think i'm still in them :P) i sent that many spies, thinking that it would be easier to get a successful attempt, but never thought about 15 strange beings entering ones camp, so sentries will catch you easier + you'll fail that attempt
quite logical ^^

Airn
30th May 2006, 05:04 PM
Lets add sentry tools to the list of things that can be sabbed. This only makes sence as you can loose spy tools and everything else is sabbable.

Also lets get rid of whatever it is in game that prevents using more than one spy at a time effectively.

rdj
30th May 2006, 05:52 PM
Err, they already removed the 1 spy glitch, and sentry tools just aren't made to be sabbed.

Airn
16th June 2006, 03:53 PM
Err, they already removed the 1 spy glitch, and sentry tools just aren't made to be sabbed.

actually the one spy "glitch" was deliberately readded so now it sucks again. and why are any tool more special than another why shouldn't there be the fear that your sentry should get sabbed?

AeliusPix
16th June 2006, 08:15 PM
While we're at it, lets make spy tools sabbable. See the problem?

stonewall
16th June 2006, 09:37 PM
why not have a chance of losing a sentry tool if someone has a succsesfull spy mission against you ?

Curraidh
16th June 2006, 09:52 PM
Okay, you can't make sentry tools sabbabble because would a spy walk right up to a lookout tower with a sentry posted in it and try to sab it while the sentry just watches? If you want to take realism out, then spy tools should be sabbable also. It's really hard to make everyone happy, but sabbers were a pain to alot of accounts last age, no one can deny that, and those accounts that got sabbed to the ground could do nothing about it. Now this age, sabbers still can't really be hurt back by directly by the people they sab, so you still have a little advantage there. You just lose your tools. And the reason people don't lose weapons during normal attacks is because sabbers can do alot more damage then 1 attack can do.

stonewall
16th June 2006, 11:11 PM
Okay, you can't make sentry tools sabbabble because would a spy walk right up to a lookout tower with a sentry posted in it and try to sab it while the sentry just watches? Iyour right the sentry should die also. lol

r0b-dog
16th June 2006, 11:31 PM
think about it if ur spy is caught how would the weapon get back to you?

shyguy does have a point think about it in RL if a spy is caught how would the weapon be brought back to armoury.