PDA

View Full Version : A view from a n00b

LightMyFire
22nd May 2006, 05:46 AM
Having now played Kings of Chaos for about 24 hours I thought I would let you all know my initial thoughts.

The concept of the game is great, I still have a lot to learn but what I have seen so far I like. The forum here on GiveUpAlready has been a great help in answering a lot of the stupid questions I would have had and I am sure it is going to be used quite a lot over the next few days/weeks while I learn. I can't wait to build up some attack weapons and start gaining more gold :)

However, things haven't been all that stable since I started. From some of the comments on this forum it seems as though there is always problems at the start of a new game and this one seems to be at least as bad as any of them. Gold not being received on many turns, that "Cannot find server" message and those dreaded numbers for recruiting. Seems like the admins are trying to find a good template for them, but with the latest implementation I find it virtually impossible to work out which number to click.

I will assume that things will get better but for now my overall impression of Kings of Chaos is poor. I am not sure how long a game lasts, but I doubt I would stick around for more than a few days if all the problems persist.

Some of this may sound like a moan - it is not meant that way, it is meant as a review of the game and the first impressions it gives to new players.

OK, thanks for listening, back to the game.......

mrmoobs
22nd May 2006, 06:18 AM
Well, I played about half of age 4, and all of last age, and I can tell you that the lag and lack of server being up is MUCH worse this age than it was last age. I just don't have much time to devote to clicking this age, and so if its gonna remain like this I will just toss in the towel.

Ady
22nd May 2006, 06:29 AM
ive not played half as long as you but i still agree!

the new captchas, the big ones are harder to read, 17 looks like 11, 14 looks like 19, and sometimes there is a 2 and a wierd looking number that could be just about anything >.<

but still, welcome to the game, its good your enjoying it, dont let a little server down time out you off

the_forgotten
22nd May 2006, 06:53 AM
sometimes there is a 2 and a wierd looking number that could be just about anything >.<

is that the slightly curly one ?
if so its 24 (no wrong number capatcha)
the other weird one is 21 but looks like they accidently cut half the number off

Ady
22nd May 2006, 07:13 AM
yeah, could almost be a 2 if it had the top half, but thanks for letting me know!

mrmoobs
23rd May 2006, 09:17 AM
11 and 17 are the worst for me

Gudsforladt
23rd May 2006, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the game, we are in early stages at the moment but in due time it will get better, there is not much gold around yet so I suggest clicking and saving till you can hit for a good 10mil. But yeah, just bare with it and ye shall be fine! :)

chino
21st June 2006, 11:43 PM
just so that u kno... u dont get any server lag time and recruitment link problems if people dont use clickers :P

DPK-Tankcommander
24th June 2006, 08:52 AM
jeez man...no one cares about your thoughts.... i'm going to try and find you in the game now and mess with you a little bit...

MyKingdomCome
29th June 2006, 07:03 PM
I've only been on KOC for about 24 hours myself, and I haven't experienced any problems so far.