PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of useless attacks and sabs

q0987
21st May 2006, 03:01 AM
I would like to propose a few suggestions.

1) If someone tries to attack another player, The highest possible point of his attack must be better than the lowest possible point from his intended. if not the attacker must withdraw. This will save those that have a large army from being harassed by those that have no Legitimate attack.
2) a person may not sab another player unless he has more weapons then the noobie protecton. (At least 11 weapons for either offence or defence.)
3) a person may sab up to and including the max weaponary that he has on hand. (In other words if he has 11 IS's then he can sab up to 1 weapon per turn. If he has 12 weaponary of the same suit then he can sab up to 2 weapons per attack turn. ect, ect
4) you can only sab weapons that have equal or lesser value then the weapons on hand. In other words you cannot buy 100 sticks so that you can sab 100 IS's or BM's.
I have noticed in the last era there have been players that have sold all but 10 IS's and 10 BM's and then went out and used thier high spy rate to attack other players. I think this is a coweredly way of playing. With having no reprisals to worry about, these players have been harasing other players. I hope that these suggestions will put a stop to harassing attacks.

rdj
21st May 2006, 07:31 AM
1) This already happens to a certain extent. I forget the formula, but if someone's da is a lot larger than your sa, you'll flee

2) This just makes it harder for the people who can't buy more weapons (i.e. a person being constantly sabbed down to 10 weapons will be defenseless)

3) This just makes it easier for problem 2 to happen, the 10% armory rule makes it so one sabber can't take out a relatively new account by himself

4) This will just make the breach between high ranking and low ranking accounts larger. If you can't out buy your opponent, and they could just sab you when you get too close, what would be the point of playing?

RawRWolf
21st May 2006, 01:36 PM
1)no becues there is always chance of a smaller army beating a bigger one and one can still throw there soilders to weakn a army it is a legmite tatic so dont remove it.

2)kinda agree with that but overall just remove the newb protection

3)i dont agree if someoen is that low already then there pretty much done for leave them alone

4)makes no sense relisticly can you give me a basis of were this would happen and just relly dumb idea to do

NuBxJ2x
25th May 2006, 01:20 PM
^^ Lol.

Apocalypse2
25th May 2006, 05:01 PM
Aserian, how about you just back off? Wow, he doesn't capitalize some words, or it's spelled incorectly, etc, but for the most part, it is still legible. If you want to complain, PM him/her, or keep it to yourself and deal with it.

atat23
26th May 2006, 02:29 AM
I dont really like any of those ideas q0987, seems a bit pointless to me, sabbing is being controlled with the loss of covert tools, that should solve a bit of the sab problem. Most of your ideas introduce too many limitations for sabbing to be useful

allsew i dunt c y Arserian has a problum wit bad spelin if sum1 chuses not 2 check der spelin hu r u to correcked dem :D
After all Crimsontide still had some valid points :P

Gotjen
26th May 2006, 01:25 PM
For your first idea, right now armies flee in certain situations, so there's no need for an idea like that.

For the rest, as far as I'm concerned sab is fine the way it is, and those ideas won't really make it better (as has been mentioned before)

Aserian, it is very cheap to comment on the person's spelling and not what they're saying. (not trying to mini-mod, it's just my opinion)

human_killer
7th June 2006, 08:25 PM
I do not agree to remove the newbie protection. If you remove that, then noobs will have no intention to continue the game as they will constantly get harrassed. Before you know it, no new players in KOC.