PDA

View Full Version : One Nationality Alliances

Iluhicamina_MX
20th May 2006, 03:19 PM
I want to know how many KoC alliances are constitud mostly from people from the same country.

Since im in one of them, i want to know if there are more like mine.

The Thread is also open to hear coments about the benefits or flaws of such kinds of alliances. I also want to hear any ideas in what whould you do to solve this flaws.

sobe_ruler
20th May 2006, 03:39 PM
nationality alliences are stupid. it shouldnt matter wat country ur from.

Iluhicamina_MX
20th May 2006, 04:47 PM
I dont see ur point in saying that they are stupid. From my point of view, it is better in a lot of ways, to begin with, it is more solid since thy are not only sharing a game, they understand each other better since they have to deal with the same society. And you can do a lot of stuff related to the game with more organization, since they have the same time zone.

Also, you can organize real life meetings with them to talk about alliance issues. Isnt it better to socialize through the internet and the real life?? I mean, i would be more compelled to help someone i know in real life, than someone i just know online.

Dragons_Legacy~
20th May 2006, 05:13 PM
I know ro is one of them, and legion hispana is for ppl that speak spanish, so not really same country, but ok

bigguns88
20th May 2006, 05:17 PM
I see your point, but arent most of the people that KoC from America? In which case we know what is going on with each other, even if they are in a different state. So I dont think it makes a big differance personally.

Tycho_Bloodbeard
21st May 2006, 01:34 AM
Not really, lots of Europeans.

TLL is mostly Filipino, Iluhicamina. Ro - Romanian (mostly, too).

Saludos!

Tycho

at0mik
21st May 2006, 03:12 AM
. Polanie - Polish
. TUGAS - Portugese (I'm not 100% sure about this)

There were some other ones but they are long gone or changed their rules since. Btw, that's to generalising when you say Europeans ;D. I think bigguns88 meant country wise, not your whole continent, lol =P.

sobe_ruler
21st May 2006, 03:36 AM
i gess i c ur point, Iluhicamina_MX

Blitz
21st May 2006, 08:31 PM
Actually, 45% of KoC players are from the US. Not a majority.

Here's the national alliances I know of:

Polanie (Poland)
Tugas (Portugal)
AY's chain (Untouchables, not to be confused with Cybernardo's chain of the same name) (Turkey)
KanKardesligi (Turkey)
Ro (Romanian)
CONCILIO (Spanish-speaking)
Legion Hispania (Spanish-speaking)
I know there's an Australian alliance, but the name slips my mind.

at0mik
22nd May 2006, 12:28 AM
The Aussie Alliance Blitz, forgot about them and I'm Australian, lol <_<.

Neomackenzie
23rd May 2006, 08:23 AM
There are a few french alliances aswell. Can't remember their names but they have been quite active some ages ago.

Same-nationality alliances has positive and negative sides in my opinion. We are using the internet, and to me, this is a place to meet people and discover foreign cultures. I like to discuss with people from anywhere.

I can meet Belgians whenever i get outta here and walk in the street.

And basing on the game, i think that having people from different places is an advantage. You can plan things at any time and your community will remain active whether its day or night.

And Europe has a crap load of players especially Belgium and the Netherland.. We are nerds. :cheerlead

bigguns88
23rd May 2006, 08:24 AM
Actually, 45% of KoC players are from the US. Not a majority.

Yea if there were only players from two countries. If there are, and im pretty sure there is, people from three or more countries then it is the majority. Even with 3 countries 34% would be the slight majority. And as many countries do have players, 45% is quite a big chunk of the players.

alwaysl00king2
25th May 2006, 06:50 PM
The way I see it this has its good points as well as it's bad points.

If you only accept chain members from your locality, it can be good, because theoretically, most of every one should be available at the same time to talk to. And most people should understand each other, not withstanding language barriers, or culture barriers.

The drawback is that pretty much means you all are asleep at the same time.....and personally, I would love to find a chain sleeping..lol

So like I said..this has good points and bad points, it's just depends on how well the alliance is run.

GL
Al2

Aran
26th May 2006, 03:48 AM
alliance phrancophone is one of the french alliances of last age though they seem to have stopped since I cant find anyone with the name, there was a french speaking threath on GUA to I think.

And I like that ppl from the same nationality come together and create an alliance but I would not join one.

DoubleD_Kill
26th May 2006, 04:56 AM
Indeed there is a French alliance too, and TUGAS is for anyone that speaks portuguese, not just portuguese people, lots of them are brazilians too ;)

And DES used to be dutch's (only), but that changed a long time ago.

Well the only flaws I could see in an alliance like this, is the acceptance of other people in it, which might make it so much smaller than an all-around alliance, it will be hard for someone that can't speak for example french to go to a french alliance, where everyone basicly just speaks french all the time, they wouldnt like it and wouldnt stay for long, dont you think? They just dont have an ability to grow as much as an all-around alliance has.

D

Iluhicamina_MX
26th May 2006, 12:07 PM
Of course that the usage of the internet alouds to know different cultures. Making a one nationallity alliance stills lets you interact with people from somewhere else. TEK is mexican, but we are allied with Concilio, Legion Hispana and Imperium, wich are the mayor spanish speaking alliances. And we also interact with some english speaking alliances in a small amount.

What happened with Turkish Rebels?? they were also constituted at the beginning from people from the same place, and that got them banned for a while, remember??

Krelian_Mizrahi
27th May 2006, 06:48 PM
I dont see a problem of cultures, just languages barriers...... and just one country nationality doesnt seem to be the best option, unless you are turk or greek or similar(tools).

Lets analyze hispanic alliances, the ones who are made integrity by spanish people have so many issues..... first they made many accounts in different chains, so you really cannot expect where they loyalties are.... constantly many accounts are lost due their trusted banker sold off.... alliance leaders seems to be really way too unstable, we have seen from selloffs to real $$ sells, also they just seem to use people and that for me is a big big issue....

Let me explain this main problem.... it is easier to stablish an order of superiority in a hispanic chain, there is very few real direct struggle for power, all efective are down in the dark, so there is this boss type of account that leads the rest without a real or specific council... There is an alliance i wont name that if you got near the top 3 your account was a goner, cause they were going to sell you no matter who you are....

So how they have controled them???, 1. language barrier, 2. they have made look a few people is better than the rest without really being so 3. They seem to think they are happy with their own type of forums that is specially customized for them, culture... 4 they mislead a "propaganda"(advertising issues) to other people in order to keep them under control......

I have resumed mostly concilio, legion hispana, and a few small spanish alliances..... dark history on past ages, let me exclude TEK cause i really know nothing about your clan......

hurukenshin
29th May 2006, 12:39 PM
Well, IDK, IN a way it is kinda segregation. I'd imagine if you were caucasian in a hispanic Allience you wouldnt be treated equally and vece versa.

suckulus
31st May 2006, 11:44 AM
of course nationality alliances practice segregation, but how many sab alliances welcome da-whores to their ranks? ;) many alliances have some defining feature, and recruit only a specific type of player. of course this is a bad way to make a large alliance, but not all players want to join a huge alliance. nationality/language based alliances have many pros, most important they allow players who speak limited english to become active in a koc community. they also allow for a great deal of cohesion and more personal relationships to form. not saying that strong friendships are not formed in multinational alliances, but obviously there is some amount of ease in chatting with someone who you know has a similar background and can relate to your real-life experiences. there are also lots of drawbacks, most of which have been mentioned. it all basically comes down to personal preference and what you want out of an alliance.

hurukenshin
2nd June 2006, 12:21 PM
Yes well of course they have Pros but also a whole lot of cons. Because when you think about it KoC has lots of different nationalities that play it. And segregating a person because of there backround/skin colour or w/e is wrong. I mean I can understand different language speaking alliances, but only excepting per say oriental people, that just gets stupid and causes lots of problems.

BTW: Suckulus: What ever happened to New Orc Order. Remeber last age when NOO and |GR| went at it? Lol, yeah im still sorry about that... I was kinda trigger happy last year. So what alliance are you in now? Im in RF.

AGA
20th July 2006, 03:59 AM
I am from TLL ,originally a purely Filipino clan but now we are multi-National. We do welcome everyone from any nationality.

To the mexican who started this thread, we do have a couple of mexicans very active in our forum (www.filipinoalliance.com). Drop by for a chat.

DES(Dutch Elite Soldiers) is another that used to be single nationality clan. But they have gone International too. There is also Greek Empire and a Malaysian and Indian alliance is developing.