PDA

View Full Version : Im new, please explain why I flee?

jetsetwilly
20th May 2006, 08:54 AM
ok I just joined up to this game.
I know you need more Strike Action than the opponants Defense.

So here is my stats:
Strike Action 200 Ranked #unranked
Defensive Action 0 Ranked #unranked
Spy Rating 5 Ranked #unranked
Sentry Rating 0 Ranked #unranked

I got 1 elf trained for attack armed with a Longbow.
I spy on somebody who has 1 untrained elf, no weapons
So i attack with 15 out of my 20 turns.
My SA is 200, His DA is 4
So I should win easy, right?

BUT....Your soldiers march onto the battlefield and FLEE at the sight of Deaths_Legion's army!

Any idea why?
I just lost 15 turns.

Dragons_Legacy~
20th May 2006, 10:38 AM
yeah I don't know what the problem is either, I experienced it too at start of age, probably some bug

Spinky
20th May 2006, 04:21 PM
Because the targets DA/tff is alot higher then yours. That is why your fleeing ;)

Dragons_Legacy~
20th May 2006, 05:02 PM
nah even when its lower... it's some bug in koc or with the recons or with the attack page, but I spied for officers who had 4k SA back in the first days of the age, while the target had about 200 DA and they retreated, it's very strange

penelo
2nd June 2006, 04:39 AM
beacuse your army is not "trained" enough ypur soldiers wonder whay you fight other and basicly flee at the sight of your eniemy my suggestion is dont waste turns and build up ypur forces.

Akatsuki-
2nd June 2006, 04:47 AM
Could be everything, untrained soldiers, sabbed/broken/not 100% weapons, lower siege etc.

theZX
2nd June 2006, 06:35 AM
can't attack anyone 10000 rank above or below u

Xull
2nd June 2006, 10:50 AM
It can happen that the person had unheld weapons and later got enough units to hold them (but stats weren't updated till the battle)... seems odd that it'd happen that far down though... especially with it being a da of 4 (not consistent with weapons, only untrained)

Did you recon them again afterwards to make sure the da was right?

R1DD1CK
2nd June 2006, 11:24 AM
It's because you were unranked at the time
btw how did you get 15 attack turns within 1/2 an hour of logging on with your new account?
something fishey I smell. you arnt telling the whole trouth me thinks

Low_ranker
2nd June 2006, 12:07 PM
It's because you were unranked at the time
btw how did you get 15 attack turns within 1/2 an hour of logging on with your new account?
something fishey I smell. you arnt telling the whole trouth me thinks
A friend of mine started playing koc earlier today, and when he made the account, it looked like this.

"Rank: Unranked
Turns: 20
Gold: 50,000"

So, guess this age you start with 20 turns.

Breaker
2nd June 2006, 12:10 PM
(is stupified by dino199's response)

I already had made a thread about this a week ago and got what should be the answer.

As dino1989 had said in the thread that I had creted, it was determined that you cn only attack people within a 10k rank range. If you're ranked at about 50k, you can only attack people ranked at 40k and up to your rank. I'll have to assume you went to attack somebody a bit higher ranked not within that limit and failed. Thisis by far the best answer we have at this time until further confirmation from KOC admins.

LightBlue
4th June 2006, 03:09 PM
ok guys, this isnt that hard. the rule is that you cant attack outside of 10k from your rank, like youve said. but he just started, and he is UNRANKED. therefore, there are no players within 10k of him, because nothing is 10k from nothing. just wait till you become a ranked player, which should happen at the top of the hour.

ShereKhan
18th July 2006, 06:53 PM
Victim rank:

Race Dwarves
Rank 30,872

Pinhead (*not his real name) rank:

Race: Dwarves

Pinhead* 15,008 Gold stolen 1 0 15 2,014,098 116,181 details
Pinhead* 15,077 Gold stolen 1 0 8 2,060,267 160,302 details
Pinhead* 19,422 Gold stolen 1 0 5 1,944,573 154,422 details
Pinhead* 677,031 Gold stolen 15 0 13 2,146,452 134,929

This punk is attacking everyone in the chain of this person, and has taken the attacks well into the punitive range. When asked to stop he basically said that he can do whatever he wants because he's such a high rank and there's nothing that can be done to stop him ... which is true, at least for the moment. I can't even form a retalitory strike against him because his rank is so much higher than mine.

So, can you please explain again how the 10k limit is supposed to work? And what the heck I'm supposed to do about this creep? Apparently he's formed the notion that the three of us are the same person, apparently the concept of friends playing a game together has never entered his universe. Although frankly the way the little jerk acts I'm not surprised he doesn't have any friends.

Thank you.

ShereKhan

Jenks
18th July 2006, 08:20 PM
The rule is you can't attack anyone 10k above you, not below.

ShereKhan
18th July 2006, 10:15 PM
The rule is you can't attack anyone 10k above you, not below.

So basically you can bully anyone you want and they can't do anything about it? This is fair how?

orco
18th July 2006, 11:34 PM
you could try joining a chain or get a high ranking commander to help you out, or raise your rank by evening out your stats, plus buy mercs so he kills them wen he attacks you instead of your turn based gold units, and train all your turn based gold units (the units you get once a day) to attack so they dont die when he masses you.

ShereKhan
19th July 2006, 01:03 AM
you could try joining a chain or get a high ranking commander to help you out, or raise your rank by evening out your stats, plus buy mercs so he kills them wen he attacks you instead of your turn based gold units, and train all your turn based gold units (the units you get once a day) to attack so they dont die when he masses you.

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions. Unfortunately, this guy has already driven off a good friend who's only been playing for a week, and it's going to take me a while to advance over 10,000 ranks, which is what I have to advance in order to get within range of him. Granted, I will eventually, and when I do I will try very hard to make his life as miserable as he has made mine, but it's going to take a long time, and there's no telling how many other players his unprovoked, punitive attacks will run off.

It seems to me that having that type of discrepancy in the rules is unfair and should be abolished. Either extend the 10k level both up and down, or get rid of it entirely.

ShereKhan

Jenks
19th July 2006, 08:24 AM
So basically you can bully anyone you want and they can't do anything about it? This is fair how?

It's to stop rank hiders and to discourage people from making fake accounts to mass with.

It is reasonable in my opinion, no one is likely to be hitting for gold 10k ranks down unless its a rank hider and I don't think it's right that someone can make an account, go all spy and be able to sab anyone they like - one player being immune to a clans efforts to stop him is silly in my opinion.

Atleast now you can get your rank up and then sab them to a point where they can't hit back. Although this is easier said than done...

ShereKhan
19th July 2006, 09:31 AM
It's to stop rank hiders and to discourage people from making fake accounts to mass with.

It is reasonable in my opinion, no one is likely to be hitting for gold 10k ranks down unless its a rank hider and I don't think it's right that someone can make an account, go all spy and be able to sab anyone they like - one player being immune to a clans efforts to stop him is silly in my opinion.

Atleast now you can get your rank up and then sab them to a point where they can't hit back. Although this is easier said than done...

I'm sorry, I'm very new to this game, only been playing about a week or so, I guess, so I'm not familiar with the term "rank hider"?

And you're right, anyone with honor should not be deliberately hunting 20 to 30 thousand ranks below them. Unfortunately this punk doesn't seem to have any honor, and it's taking me a very long time to gain the appropriate ranks to attack him back.

Fortunately for me, and unfortunately for him, I'm an old broad with lots and lots of patience, so I'm content to wait until I can gain revenge for what he's done. My friend who introduced me to this game unfortunately doesn't share my patience and is in the process of leaving the game. I'm trying to convince her to go on vacation mode until I can get this straightened out ... am I correct in understanding that while on vacation mode you won't gain any people or gold, but you can't be attacked or sabotaged either?

ShereKhan

Jenks
19th July 2006, 09:56 AM
A rank hider is typically someone who will buy lots and lots of DA but not much of anything else meaning that their ranks aren't balanced so their overall rank isn't high and people around them in ranks can't attack them and people higher in the ranks who can hit them, don't notice them...

ShereKhan
19th July 2006, 10:57 AM
Ah. Thank you for explaining that. I think I've found a few of them lurking around. I was trying to figure out why I was getting creamed attacking around my own rank, and that certainly explains it.

Thanks.

yapster
14th August 2006, 01:13 AM
Jenks,

What you meant by "A rank hider is typically someone who will buy lots and lots of DA but not much of anything else meaning that their ranks aren't balanced so their overall rank isn't high and people around them in ranks can't attack them and people higher in the ranks who can hit them, don't notice them..."?

Do you mean they used as commander with very,very high DA, but low overall ranking, but its officers has very high ranking than commander? Is this what you meant by rank hider?

HeartBeatRacer
19th August 2006, 09:46 PM
the real reason why you can't attack is becuz either the person has way to many troops, lol!!! or becuz you aren't ranked high enough to attack him.. meaning he is more than 10k ranks in front of you!!! you also can't sab someone more than 10k ranks in front of you either! cuz your spies are to intimidated lol!! even if you have 1 billion spy and he only has 50 million sentry!:skullbone