PDA

View Full Version : Updated Stats/Upgrade Excel Spreadsheet for Age 6

webluser
15th May 2006, 03:25 PM
I updated my excel spreadsheet for age 6. It tells you when to efficiently upgrade, what your stats are, and what they could be under different circumstances, how long it will take you to be able to afford that shiny new Hand of God and so much more.

Download by clicking here (http://bombermanarmy.com/webluser/spreadsheet.php)

Send any bugs or suggestions to webluser@imap.cc

The spreadsheet is already included in "The big Barracks "EVERYTHING" thread" but I figured some might be interested that it has been updated for the new age.

R1DD1CK
15th May 2006, 03:49 PM
webluster, A damn fine job again tnx

theZX
15th May 2006, 04:22 PM
Btw, for Dwarves, Battle Axes are the best weapon to buy right?

NuBxJ2x
15th May 2006, 05:34 PM
Nicely

webluser
15th May 2006, 05:39 PM
Btw, for Dwarves, Battle Axes are the best weapon to buy right?
Yes, sometimes.
850,000 / 12,000 = 70.833... gold per damage point for backpowder missles
180,000 / 2560 = 70.3125 gold per damage point for battle axes

So axes are a slightly better deal, however you need 4.6875 more dudes to hold them to get the same SA as with BPMs.

theZX
15th May 2006, 06:27 PM
choices...choices....

AeliusPix
15th May 2006, 06:36 PM
Not a question, booted to GH

~ Moved back to Barracks as it discusses ingame strategy + mechanics = Ty

Rathavart
16th May 2006, 07:37 AM
Plus for battle axes to have the same effect, you need more sabbable items. And the weaker the item, the easier it is to sab a higher number.

Timht
23rd May 2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks for this great tool and keeping it updated.

About 30 min. ago, I noticed on koc that there was a new spy tool. Can I assume there will be an update coming out or will you wait a littel to see if the admins throw another something in.....

Thanks again !! :)

webluser
23rd May 2006, 12:57 PM
About 30 min. ago, I noticed on koc that there was a new spy tool. Can I assume there will be an update coming out or will you wait a littel to see if the admins throw another something in.....
It has been updated with the new tools and costs.

R3venge
23rd May 2006, 01:34 PM
cool thanks

NuBxJ2x
23rd May 2006, 04:40 PM
Hey, I found an Error, kind of big.

Dwarves D-Fence Bonus is not factored in on the "Upgrades" page. It shows what the Defense of the forts is without the * 1.4.

Just thought I would let you know.

SilentSavage
23rd May 2006, 04:47 PM
for some reason i cant seem to download it, ill go to the link and try to click on download it and it doesnt do anything, some one help

webluser
23rd May 2006, 06:05 PM
Hey, I found an Error, kind of big.

Dwarves D-Fence Bonus is not factored in on the "Upgrades" page. It shows what the Defense of the forts is without the * 1.4.

Just thought I would let you know.
Thanks, it should be fixed now.

for some reason i cant seem to download it, ill go to the link and try to click on download it and it doesnt do anything, some one help
What do you mean does nothing? Does it give a 404 error, or some other error? I just tried to download it and it worked fine for me. Try right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." or whatever your browser says.

NuBxJ2x
23rd May 2006, 06:25 PM
Hey, I am sorry, but I just re-downloaded it, and I still have that one problem.

My DA in the "Upgrades" isn't factoring in the dwarve bonus when dwarves are the selected race.

Like the 4th page upgrade thing. When it shows what the DA would be and such. Also Orcs SA isn't right either.

webluser
23rd May 2006, 09:10 PM
Hey, I am sorry, but I just re-downloaded it, and I still have that one problem.

My DA in the "Upgrades" isn't factoring in the dwarve bonus when dwarves are the selected race.

Like the 4th page upgrade thing. When it shows what the DA would be and such. Also Orcs SA isn't right either.
Half a fix is not good enough? :whatgives
It should be fix right this time... I think.

SilentSavage
24th May 2006, 08:09 AM
it worked, thanks for ur help

NuBxJ2x
24th May 2006, 06:18 PM
Half a fix is not good enough? :whatgives
It should be fix right this time... I think.

I didn't see what was changed, sorry. I just new that one page was erroneous.

Thanks so much for this excel sheet!

ewall
24th May 2006, 06:27 PM
Tanks a mil, webluser... good stuff indeed.

STDEVIL
25th May 2006, 11:11 PM
hey man, this is awesome. I appreciate that you put this out to everyone.

sabalot
25th May 2006, 11:44 PM
is there a way to use it without excel or somewere i can get excel for free?

NuBxJ2x
26th May 2006, 12:48 AM
Probably not, or at least not anything more than a trail program. Since this is a Microsoft product... which means you need to buy MS Office.

I think excel is in the "student + teacher" package that is ~$150, but you must be a college student, or a teacher in order to qualify.

Then the office basic doesn't include it, I don't think.
The next office that has it is like, $300?

I know at www.microsoft.com it has a compare Office, where you can see how much each are, and what they include, but currently I can't find it.

Here is a link to Excel, MS.com where you can get 'trail version' or choose to buy it alone ($229) (office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010858001033.aspx)
Or did you mean an illegal way to get it for free :p , can't help you on that one though.

webluser
26th May 2006, 04:10 AM
is there a way to use it without excel or somewere i can get excel for free?
Yeah, kind of. OpenOffice (http://download.openoffice.org/index.html) will open excel files, however it does not 100% support excel so you won't get everything the spreadsheet has to offer (like the unit upgrade calculations), but it will be close.

MysteryQuest
26th May 2006, 07:14 AM
There is some kind of bug with the dwarf bonus in cell L39. I get a 40% bonus 2x there. The cell I/J 19 gives a good amount of my defense.

webluser
26th May 2006, 02:11 PM
There is some kind of bug with the dwarf bonus in cell L39. I get a 40% bonus 2x there. The cell I/J 19 gives a good amount of my defense.
Incorrectly fix a bug, cause another bug, do a bug fix fix.

King_James_I
26th May 2006, 07:10 PM
:badger_2: Thanx webluser you pwn spreadsheets!! :badger_2:

MysteryQuest
29th May 2006, 11:31 AM
The latest bug fix solved the problem, thanx!

Timht
30th May 2006, 09:49 PM
Yes, webluser, thanks a lot...

bonebeun
31st May 2006, 08:10 AM
I was wondering if you can change the optimal siege calculations for dwarfs. Since dwarfs will be stocking up on battle axes instead of blackpowder missiles.

Abu_Musa
31st May 2006, 01:05 PM
THere is a drop down menu on the KoC stats page at line 70. You may have to expand some rows so that you can see line 70. But in that drop down menu you can choose BPM or Battleaxes. On line 71 you can choose DS or IS

Whishy
31st May 2006, 01:38 PM
Amazing, Thx Alot

bonebeun
31st May 2006, 05:28 PM
thanks ! nicely done :>

theZX
31st May 2006, 10:58 PM
On the "Total Gold Needed" The time does not change when i changed 320 UP to 640 UP, same with the other similar cells, is there anyway to take the UP into the calculation?

webluser
31st May 2006, 11:40 PM
THere is a drop down menu on the KoC stats page at line 70. You may have to expand some rows so that you can see line 70. But in that drop down menu you can choose BPM or Battleaxes. On line 71 you can choose DS or IS
There is more that needs to be changed than just that. I will look into it.

On the "Total Gold Needed" The time does not change when i changed 320 UP to 640 UP, same with the other similar cells, is there anyway to take the UP into the calculation?
No. I have no idea if the unit productions are kept as tbg, trained to spies/sentry or killed. Plus I would have to worry about when to add them. I could go by the system clock, but I would still need to know the time zone and it would be a pain.

TBoC
2nd June 2006, 12:22 PM
Hey your program is amazing keep up the good work

but i got a question
i dont understand what is the actual damage in cell B39 on the stats page and the actual damage?

and why is the default value 41?

VMLinuz
3rd June 2006, 12:59 PM
This masterpiece of a document is a tremendous help for me in planning what to do with my army.

SilentSavage
4th June 2006, 03:33 PM
this is the best creation since kings of chaos lol, saves me lots of time, thnx

STARBLASTER
11th June 2006, 03:43 AM
I am still at the crossroads though.
This spy effectiveness calc ?
Are you saying that the higher the proportion of spies to
all other troops, then the more effective your spying/sabbing will be ?????

Monsuco
3rd July 2006, 08:06 PM
I would like to thank you for your spreadsheet. I would also like to add, this sheet does seem to translate reasonably well in Open Office (www.openoffice.org) for those of you who do not have MS Excel. I haven't tested it much though. Good job. You can also use Excel viewer. On linux, you can use Excel Viewer 97 on wine, works with reasonable stability, but I tried it with the fonts, IE, DCOM98, MSXML, and everything else properly installed using Winetools (you have to download the fonts separatly, and don't install MS installer anymore)

vquertyk
5th July 2006, 11:57 AM
I am unable to download the spreadsheet i get the this page can not be displayed page instead is it just me?

huperphuff
5th July 2006, 04:12 PM
mee too

webluser
14th July 2006, 03:24 AM
I am unable to download the spreadsheet i get the this page can not be displayed page instead is it just me?
Not just you. The old domain name was not renewed in time and the registar decided to hold it hostage so it has been moved. You can now download it here (http://bombermanarmy.com/webluser/spreadsheet.php)