PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Halo 2

Pages : [1] 2

Ganks
4th September 2004, 05:18 PM
i cannot wait for this game to come out. i have seen all the previews and read about it from gameinformer and other places. I looks to be a realy good game and can't wait.

NOVEMBER 9TH IS DATE

NuramII
4th September 2004, 05:25 PM
Yeh if you go to like bungie.com you can see screen shots of it. Brutes are even stronger than elites..great. Everything looks awesome by the renderings. I shall have the reincarnated shotgun!

Splat
4th September 2004, 08:46 PM
Melee baby! Halo 2 is rightfully hailed as what could be the single greatest First Person Shooter (FPS) of all time.

seta
4th September 2004, 10:20 PM
Melee baby! Halo 2 is rightfully hailed as what could be the single greatest First Person Shooter (FPS) of all time.

So what is Counter-Strike? It was 'rightfully hailed as the greatest single fps shooter of all time'.

I think Halo2 will be pretty good. But I dunno if I want to buy it, UT2k4 pwns and eh. Console games are boring.

ArchedEdge
5th September 2004, 01:12 AM
I'm definitely gonna buy it, i've already cut a deal with my dad to buy it for me.

SilverTears
5th September 2004, 01:26 AM
Novemeber 9th eh? Sweet, holy crap, thats next month! It seems just like yesterday when I was sitting there thinking that I have to wait a whole nother year lol crazyness

Kracker
5th September 2004, 02:41 AM
Novemeber 9th eh? Sweet, holy crap, thats next month! It seems just like yesterday when I was sitting there thinking that I have to wait a whole nother year lol crazyness

Isnt it in 2 months? :p.
Yeh I am also going to get this game, the new weapons look fucking amazing. And is it true that you can have banshees in multiplayer, coz that would be amazing.
I am going to enjoy completing this one like I completed Halo.

Intel_Hydralisk
5th September 2004, 02:47 AM
Yeh I am also going to get this game, the new weapons look fucking amazing. And is it true that you can have banshees in multiplayer, coz that would be amazing.

You can already have the banshee in multiplayer on the PC... and it's not amazing at all... I don't ever play with banshees.

They took years to make this great game: Halo2... but what I'm wondering is: Why didn't they wait for the xbox 2 to come out before making a halo2? Will there be a halo3?

_outlaw
5th September 2004, 03:01 AM
i have a feeling any more than Halo 2 would be boring

Banshees=sux0r they fly around and shoot crappy lil bullets. Theyre crap cuz when someone breaks out either a pistol or assault rifle theyre blown to the ground like nothing.

Nov. 9th eh? i would pre-order unless you want to wait a few months for it because of all the hype.

Kracker
5th September 2004, 03:52 AM
Banshees=sux0r they fly around and shoot crappy lil bullets. Theyre crap cuz when someone breaks out either a pistol or assault rifle theyre blown to the ground like nothing.

True, but if you get good at them, you can overcome that problem, very easily. And you forgot shotgun, shotgun>banshees.

Nov. 9th eh? i would pre-order unless you want to wait a few months for it because of all the hype.

My brother has already pre-ordered it, he did it last year I think. It will still be worth it.I cant imagine Halo 2 being boring at all, there is so much new stuff to do.

ArchedEdge
5th September 2004, 03:59 AM
In multiplayer you can play as elites and use their swords. And you can wield two weapons at the same time. Imagine using two shotguns, though i think it will be more realistic.

Kracker
5th September 2004, 04:57 AM
Yeh In the clips I saw, he is simultaneously firing the pistols, left trigger left gun, etc. And if you want to use grenade, you just switch it in weapons like normal guns.
Elites in multiplayer would be lots of fun, if they had other marines it would be good too.
But they would have to have some kind of shield or it wouldnt be fair , Master Chief vs. Normal Marine. Hmmm.

Splat
5th September 2004, 06:21 AM
Eh, Counterstrike is great too, but you can't dual-weild in counterstrike. I'd say CS could Give Halo2 a run for its money, but it does have the advantange of being a computer game, wheras Halo2 is primarily a console game. AND I've heard you can have like 80 People on a single Halo2 game. That's just sick.

Kracker
5th September 2004, 08:47 AM
Is that using Xbox live, because using Xbox live is bloody brilliant on Halo, so it will be even better on Halo2.
Going to be really good, cant wait.

Chingy
5th September 2004, 08:49 AM
this game is gonna be the greatest game for x box

I've already preordered halo 2 =)

i'll take any one on in Halo and halo 2

Ganks
5th September 2004, 12:19 PM
i love the fact on halo 2 u can get like a shotgun in one hand and another gun in your other. plus a warthog with rockets is hard to beat

Kracker
5th September 2004, 12:30 PM
They also have different TYPES of warthog, I think they already added this in the PC version.
Snowhog,Deserthog etc.
Thats what I heard, it may or may not be true.

Ganks
5th September 2004, 12:51 PM
there are 4 warthogs, cant remember what they are called and there are ATV's. this game is gonna kick

Kracker
5th September 2004, 12:57 PM
What would be really fun, if the covenant gunners. (you know the sentry gunners). Could walk l, that would kick ass.
But that is just an idea.

Ganks
5th September 2004, 01:09 PM
whoa, that would be awesome. but if u think about it that is pretty much a ghost right there.

_outlaw
5th September 2004, 01:43 PM
that would suck cuz those covenant mounted guns are terrible anyway... youre such a large target and it doesnt do enough damage to matter.

SilverTears
5th September 2004, 02:57 PM

:nervous:
Shut up! So I always end up forgetting October~! My statment still stands, it was just yesterday that it was a year away! Who cares if its 2 MONTHS and not 1? Bah =-p Forgive me for trying to trick myself into thinking its coming out ealier =-l

Dari
5th September 2004, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty happy that three months ago I got my pre-order for Halo 2 Special Limited Edition. I can't wait to play the damn thing. Only two more months...I look forward to it greatly.

Kracker
6th September 2004, 02:40 AM
whoa, that would be awesome. but if u think about it that is pretty much a ghost right there.

Would it? Ghosts sort of glide along the ground, this would like walk like legs, like a spider?.
Heh missing october. Yeh it does seem a short time ago that I had just heard about it, and I was drooling over clips of it, but its nearly here.

Intel_Hydralisk
6th September 2004, 09:55 AM
Eh, Counterstrike is great too, but you can't dual-weild in counterstrike. I'd say CS could Give Halo2 a run for its money, but it does have the advantange of being a computer game, wheras Halo2 is primarily a console game. AND I've heard you can have like 80 People on a single Halo2 game. That's just sick.

Anyone with basic understanding of computers (yes the xbox is just a computer, nothing more) would understand that there's NO WAY you can get 80 people in a single halo2 game.

Kracker
6th September 2004, 10:19 AM
Using Xbox live. I think that is what he means.
And like I have said, 80 people in sidewinder would be manic, though you would have to be good to last quite long, there would be guy EVERYWHERE. it would have to be a team game. Like capture the flag or something.

the saboteur
6th September 2004, 12:41 PM
Whoooaaa HALO 2!!! I loved Halo, can't wait for #2....
I used to play those mulitplayer games on a big network of 16 its amazing, the sniper rifle to the head......BOOOOOOOM!!! I am the master of Halo, its the only X-Box game I still play on along with CS.

X-Box Live! Anyone want a challenge wen Halo 2 comes out.???

Ganks
6th September 2004, 06:23 PM
sure, i'll get a day or two of gettin used to the guns then i'll take you on.

False Prophet
6th September 2004, 08:11 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble folks, but you can only duelie guns that are one handed to begin with, ie..plasma rifle, plasma pistols, needler, smg. shotgun and battle rifle are out of the question unless I missed something. I check like, everyday on frankies updates :)

I cant wait..it looks so good. Also I've wanted marines un multiplayer forever, because twenty spartans fighting just looks cheesey..

spartan v elite will look a lot better imo

boarding + vehicle damage..im wandering what happens if a vehicle blows up while you're on the hood..also..if you hijack a warthog from the back you can use its chaingun. :)

Anubis
6th September 2004, 08:15 PM
It's not like you should be able to dual wield rocket launchers or anything anyways.

KaosWarrior
8th September 2004, 11:26 AM
80 players in one halo 2 game? i'd doubt it'd be that many, i know it'll be alot, but i think your just kidding yourself if your hoping for an 80 man free for all.
i just hope they keep a couple of the multiplayer levels from the first one, like blood gulch, sidewinder, hang em high, an maybe prisoner. And in general work on the scoring rules, like the fact that in the first one, you dont get -1 point for dying, only for commiting suicide, and that you cant put a time limit on a match.

The Dual Weilding ability should be good, for instance using the needlers, there aparently more powerfull, and fire faster, meaning that holding 2 of them, you should be able to kill a normal player quite easily. Although i did always find needler attacks to be very easy to avoid...

I'm looking forward to trying out the new SMG, i'd think it'd be similar to the assault rifle in the first game, only less powerfull, as the assault rifle itself has been changed to the battle rifle, and given a zooming, single shot, mode of fire.

The feature of being able to grab hold of moving enemy vehicles and take control of them should be interesting, and being able to play as Elites should spice things up abit(variety ya know). but one thing that i always though Halo multiplayer was missing, indeed a massive advantage that counterstrike had over it(at least on the x-box) is Bots, computer players, which you simply cant have in the origonal Halo. When i first saw an Elite in a screenshot of the multiplayer, i didnt even think about being able to play as them, i just hoped you could add them as Bots. But i have yet to see anything sawing, or indeed showing that this will be the case... shame, but i guess theres always x-box live eh?

Kracker
8th September 2004, 11:38 AM
All of those features are excellent, I had heard that they were going to be on the game. Yeh your right about the bots, that sucked, bots are always good, I have a brother, so its not that much nother to me, It means we can do coop together.
The new weapons is what I am itching to get hold of, that assault rifle looks sweet, I cant wait to have some fun with that.

KaosWarrior
8th September 2004, 11:47 AM
yeh, i've played through it with my brother aswell, and i play against him on the multiplayer sometimes, although usually only if we've got other friends round so we can do a 4 player, or even an 8 player. i've got a friend with an x-box, and halo, and i use ethernet cross-over cable to link the 2 x-box's together, each on a different TV. Usually play in 2 team, one x-box agaisnt the other, makes it alot harder to cheat by looking on ya enemies screen.

Cant wait for the multiplayer in Halo 2, and the plasma swords... hm... wonder if you could dual weild them? i wouldnt be surprised to see plasma sword ony matches cropping up online, and if that does happen, you can bet your ass you'll see me there. BTW, my name on X-box Live is XxLucienxX.... Lucien was taken >_<.

Also the graphical upgrades should be good, such as the master cheifs visor, although i'm not sure if it will infact reflect your exact surroundings.

As for someones earlier question of, i believe it was something along the lines of "i wonder what would happen if you were standing on the hood of a warthog as it exploded" well, i'd expect that would die... although if you have the over-shield at the time, you might indeed be able to survive it, in which case you probably wouldnt move very far. Unless they've upgraded the physics of the game alot, in which case you may well go flying. hm... cant wait to find out ^_^.

Demonic
8th September 2004, 02:58 PM
My brother already pre-ordered it, I hope it will be a great game.

False Prophet
8th September 2004, 04:13 PM
The max on xbox I suspect will be 16 (standard in fps's now adays..) and 32 on the computer.

and for you folks the 'hijack the chaingun' is in game. confirmed at bungie.net..so you can board from the back and wail on enemies while the driver doesn't notice :)

Also I suspect that there is a new gun besides the smg and covenant carbine rifle.

Dari
8th September 2004, 09:25 PM
Yeah. Its called the Battle Rifle, its a merging of the pistol (all around best weapon in Halo, and the water gun Assault Rifle). The assault rifle is no longer in Halo 2. Not too mention the useage of Plasma Rifles, Carbines, ect...

Spectrus
9th September 2004, 06:52 PM
Am I right in thinking that the plasmatic sword will be available for use in Halo 2? And it would be available to Spartans as well as Elites if it is available?

Sorry if this has been posted, but I'm tired, and reading through 30 posts on previous pages is not what I feel like doing...

KaosWarrior
9th September 2004, 06:56 PM
Spectrus: Yes that is correct, the plasma sword used by some Elites in Halo, will be available for use in the multiplayer of Halo 2, by both Elites and Spartans.

Dari:

Its called the Battle Rifle, its a merging of the pistol (all around best weapon in Halo, and the water gun Assault Rifle).

Just to be clear, you dont mean that the Pistol will be removed do you? Because i have yet to hear anything about that happening...

Dari
9th September 2004, 08:37 PM
The pistol was removed, they mentioned it in one of the prior updates before May 2004 I believe. The pistol was too powerful in Halo multiplayer. Instead a magnum will be implemented with no scope on it.

_outlaw
10th September 2004, 04:40 PM
YES THE PISTOL IS BEING REMOVED... i can be happy now... it was the most unfair weapon in the entire multi-player Halo

KaosWarrior
10th September 2004, 06:12 PM
BAH, if you knew how to use it it was great, okay, so maybe it was abit too powerfull, but the assault rifle was WAY too weak. Although the pistol shouldnt have had a scope, and the assault rifle should've. Well, i'm glad thats been sorted out, and i guess i'll just be using the Battle Rifle alot ^_^.

A Magnum eh? got a screenshot of it at all? Also i'm wondering about this Carbine weapon that some of you are talking about, i think i've only seen one breif mention of it before, any more on that?

Dari
11th September 2004, 10:12 AM
There is no screenshot of the magnum in Halo 2 yet. It is mentioned in Halo: First Strike, the novel. Since the novel is also cannon to the series, the magnum will be included in the Halo 2 storyline. As Bungie has stated in both the First Strike novel and their updates.

False Prophet
12th September 2004, 02:49 PM
UPDATE GUYS

the magnum is the pistol without a scope, and better graphics. it was intended this way in halo 1, but people turned it into a superweapon. For you pistol addicts, it will still pack its lethal punch..just not at a unhumanly range of 23498234 meters. :)

Confirmed new guns: SMG, Covie Carbine(a covenant submachine or machinegun..no confirmation yet), Covie Beam Rifle(Covenant Sniper rifle, almost the same as human..overheats after four shots..), Covie Brute Shot(brute grenade launcher), pistol-to-magnum upgrade, and needler speed upgrade, scorpion degraded and wraith tank added. Banshee is also added, but that was in Halo PC..so I don't really consider it major.

The brute shot sounds interesting..it bounces once off a surface and detonates on the next thing it hits..be that a wall or a player ;) I could see its usefulness for clearing corners in tight hallways

Also, the assault rifle should have never had a scope..its a basically a big spray gun. now, for controlled burst shots (ie..BATTLE RIFLE!) yes..scope sounds reasonable.

Also, if you watched the E3 2003 demo..brutes went down in 4-5 shots with a battlerifle..scoped..not 3-shot bursts. I suspect they have lethal 1-hit kill melees but they do NOT have a shield..therefore, elites still outclass all :)

except for hunters, rawr.

Squidi
12th September 2004, 02:59 PM
What's the Wraith Tank? Or is it just like the normal tank?

yeah, that Brute Shot sounds cool. i think mines should be in Halo, does anyone else think so?

False Prophet
12th September 2004, 03:02 PM
Play the level assault on the control room on halo1, its the big purple tanks covenant drive. they shoot a blue arch bomb..fairly lethal if it hits you. It also has the ghost-like boost (hold down L and you go uber fast in exchange for shitty accuracy)

Also, I forgot to mention the ghost upgrade..its got a speed boost. good for mowing down unsuspecting people.

Spartans and elites will be teamed together randomly..only differing in color on xbox live..so its not just spartans vs elite.

Ganks
12th September 2004, 04:07 PM
i neveh knew that they got boosts, that will make escaping easieh and killing easieh as well.

ooc: sorry but all my r's are h's

Stephen
17th September 2004, 02:35 PM
None of this OCC crap Ganks.

Halo is awesome. College is awesome.

4 x 16 person Halo Tournaments in the swim team frat house is awesome squared.

And Halo 2 is going to be even better. Oh my god, I'm going to cream myself just thinking about it.

Dari
17th September 2004, 02:55 PM
No duh. And the clock is ticking.

Aun Shi
18th September 2004, 03:12 PM
O_o:: SK...you are very right. Right now im making flyers to challenge people to come to my dorm and face my team. pwahahahha. I am going to charge about 30 bucks a team (4 people) and then winner takes all. The trick behind this is that I'm elite at this game. hehe. so ill be winning about 90 bucks per game.

loldongs
24th September 2004, 06:13 PM
Cool man. I'll challenge you on Halo online sometime, to see how elite you are at it, and depending if you eeven have it.

Cant wait until halo 2, just (so i've heard) that might not be a pistol, which would blow, unless they changed with an equally as kick ass weapon.

(sorry if this has already been mentioned, i didnt read the whole thread)

Aun Shi
25th September 2004, 05:25 PM
There is a pistol Its been confirmed....

but you wont be able to shoot with zoom on.

And I dont have halo for pc....I have a super good computer, but No video card...so blargh.

My friend, stephen booth competed for nationals..

and he got 2nd in the us, and 13th in the world. I played him all the time. The best I could ever do which was average, was 15 kills out of 25... heh. Hes tough.

Anyway...Yeah.

jarred
9th October 2004, 08:43 PM
Halo 2 is going to be the best game ever and all those who dis it fall into a endless hole of non-good gamers.

Halo 2 will be the game of 2004 - 2006 or more but it will surely be a huge hit sweeping the whole world over.

My brother is a halo 2 freak and I mean freak!! but who cares

GO HALO 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrono Cephyr
10th October 2004, 08:23 PM
Sometimes, to be ignorant, I say the only purpose of getting an X-box is for Halo 2. However, there are many good games for the X-box.. like Burnout 3... love that game. Anyways, I can't wait until this comes out. <3 bungie

_outlaw
10th October 2004, 08:55 PM
yes youre saying that to be ignorant... truly its not worth it to buy the x-box for but i admit it looks good... although the stupid grunts are looking too fierce... i miss them in their funny lil animal state...

btw. you cant say best game ever as many of the "best games ever" have been topped repeatedly.... such as Mario 3 topping the original...

False Prophet
11th October 2004, 01:52 PM
HALO 2 HAS GONE GOLD PEOPLE! (for those who don't know..it means the games completely done and SHIPPED!)

23 days from the end of (my) fall break! This is going to be the longest three weeks of my LIFE!

Dari
12th October 2004, 08:55 PM
I really don't like late Fall 2004/early 2005 Winter releases. Let's see, not too mention that the gaming publishers are idiots. The most notables are going to be Half-Life 2, Halo 2, Metriod Prime 2, Prince of Persia 2, MechAssault 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Grand Theft Auto San Andraes. Everything else between is going to be smashed in terms of making sales.

Not too mention Xbox owners get the massive advantage in terms of multiconsole games. Damn Microsoft, their smart bastards. And only finally, we're three days less than a full month from the release of Halo 2! Yeah baby!

And just to comment on the last few posts: Halo 2 will have extremly hard competition for Game of the Year. Let's see...Half-Life 2, Prince of Persia 2, MechAssault 2, Grand Theft Auto San Andraes (say what you will, but Grand Theft Auto 3 to Vice City individually have still sold more copies then Halo on Xbox, PC and Mac put together).

Tough year for gamers with shallow pockets and pinched wallets.

Kracker
21st October 2004, 02:03 AM
The only problem with releases like that are these:
a) I have spent or am spending my money on gifts etc.
b) parents wont lend you money because it is too near christmas, which is fair enough.
SO if you didnt pre-order it you are screwed.
Other than that I love fall releases.

White_Hindu
21st October 2004, 08:09 AM
I didn't really like Halo for multiplayer deathmatch so I'm just hoping that Halo 2 has a better storyline than Halo because I like single player.

Fenix117
21st October 2004, 09:27 PM
halo 2 is sweet. from what ive seen the duel-wielding the vehicle jacking and new weapons its gonna be awesome. i pre-ordered it a year ago because it was coming out in like febuary but it was delayed till now. im going to get it asap so i can leet at it and own my friends at it

Trosso
26th October 2004, 10:55 AM
Well peeps i have got the game and finished it :p it is in french though
how i got it dont ask :whistilin :whistilin

you still are as master chief in the game
hold 2 weapons at a time
he graphics of halo2 make Halo look rubbish
A good story but coud of been better
you get to play as one of the aliens !!!!
loads of new vehicals

you start the game with a film , the alien master called Regret is sitting in his throne
and along comes an alien and he tells about how he failed to protect the halo from Human invasion
he is deranked and punished

if you want anymore news tell me

DrUNk PaNDa
26th October 2004, 11:26 AM
yeah, been there done that a while ago. story lines can always be better... but the main reason i [we] (buddies) got it was for the multiplayer. plus we already have 2 friends that have the COMPLETE FINISHED FINAL RELEASE version. and played it in ENGLISH.

Fenix117
28th October 2004, 09:57 AM
so whats the storyline like if u have played and/or beaten it yet

White_Hindu
28th October 2004, 12:50 PM
I'd imagine something to the tune of Covenant forces finding earth and Master Chief has to save the planet again.

Kracker
29th October 2004, 02:46 AM
Yeh, thats what i gathered too, he saves earth and all. But I imagine they will have some kind of flood thing, some other enemy or something, because just covenant doesnt sound very new.
But are there earth citizens in the game at all?

White_Hindu
29th October 2004, 07:36 AM
Yes, there are citizens but I'd imagine most of the combat takes place in cities under martial law. When I saw the E3 trailer, there were lots of marines, but no civilians. I know there needs to be a twist in the game, but before I played Halo 1, I didn't know about the flood. The surprise makes the game so much better.

Fenix117
30th October 2004, 12:22 PM
does anyone have an idea where some of the lvls are going to take place other than earth

Zander
31st October 2004, 03:48 AM
The only diffrent places I know that the battles will take place at are earth and another Halo.

Fenix117
1st November 2004, 10:23 AM
well heard somewhere that you were going to fight on the moon and covenant homeworld but i dont know if thats true i was justing wanting to know if anybody could confirm that

Dari
2nd November 2004, 09:34 AM
Bungie confirmed around the time when Halo 2's first trailers that it will employ new levels such as another Halo, ship based levels and possibly several of the Covenant's homeworlds.

NuramII
2nd November 2004, 01:50 PM
Do you guys know if Halo 2 is based of the book Halo: The First Strike? If so then a lot of the combat might be in space...

_outlaw
2nd November 2004, 05:03 PM
no, its not... its AFTER Halo not before

False Prophet
2nd November 2004, 06:15 PM
Bungie interviews report halo 2 picking up DIRECTLY from end of halo 1 (ie like, WHEN he's in that ship orbitting destroyed halo)

7 Days!

Fenix117
3rd November 2004, 08:11 PM
it should pick up after first strike which would make more since.

(6 days yeah)

NuramII
3rd November 2004, 08:29 PM
no, its not... its AFTER Halo not before

Halo: The First Strike is what happened after Halo...so i guess it is...

Bungie interviews report halo 2 picking up DIRECTLY from end of halo 1 (ie like, WHEN he's in that ship orbitting destroyed halo)

7 Days!

I bet the part of the orbiting the destroyed halo until they get into a covenant flagship will be a movie, and when you get in will be the first level.

Fenix117
4th November 2004, 10:36 AM
hey that would be awesome it would pretty cool if we get to be in some of the events in first strike

(5 days)

Kracker
4th November 2004, 01:00 PM
I have been reading the books on Halo, and I must say it helps the story line loads, great to understand it more.
Oh and yesterday I bought a reveiw of Halo2, and the screens look fan-fucking-tastic.In multiplayer, you can destroy vehicles, and when theya re destroyed , there gone for the game, completely. So you rush to opponents bases, and fuck their ships up, which is fun.

Stephen
4th November 2004, 02:35 PM
I'm really loving the screenshots. Man, they are so awesome. The new sniper rifle looks so much better (and thank god for that... the old one looks kinda lame), and the human gun turret looks pretty kick ass too.

I've seen a few new weapons in the screenshots, but do you guys know if there are any new vehicles coming up? That would really just seal the deal.

False Prophet
4th November 2004, 02:41 PM
Banshee included in MP, Wraith Tank (covie tank), many variations of warthog guns, creeps (covie ground troop buses), shadows (covie air support), and another I can't remember..

NuramII
4th November 2004, 06:22 PM
Theres also a new RV i believe. I wish they made a motorcycle, that would be kinda cool. Did you see those new covenant soldiers? The Brutes? They look kickass. The Prophets look cool too.

_outlaw
4th November 2004, 06:44 PM
and the drones look retarded...

you do mean ATV right? an RV wouldnt stand too much of a chance against the covenant

NuramII
4th November 2004, 06:47 PM
Oh, yeah an ATV, my bad. Well, they play a role in the game so i guess its worth having them.

False Prophet
4th November 2004, 07:53 PM
All of the warthog variants got yanked simply for no need for them (besides the gun variants) the snow, jungle, and troop hogs are out. ATV was yanked also. WAS on the new mombasa forum till they went down tonight. will give a site in the morning... -_-

In all honesty, it would prove no use anyways. It's not like the guns weighing down the hogs speed, and it has the same persons capacity.

_outlaw
4th November 2004, 10:15 PM
:( they yanked them? that was basically why i was going to even play Halo was to play with the new vehicles physics and maybe play a few single player games...meh i might have something else to look forward to.

Callisto
9th November 2004, 12:31 AM
The ATV was too un-wieldly to drive, so the designers felt it best to remove it. It's probably been said already, but new stuff to Halo 2:

Weapons:
-Human:
---Pistol lost its zoom and (I think) is a little weaker, making it the support weapon it's supposed to be, not the god-weapon it is in Halo.
---Assault rifle is now the sub-machine gun. These are dual wield-able, so you may use 2 at once.
---Battle rifle introduced. A 3-Shot burst out of zoom, single shot while in zoom. (I may use it as a pistol-type weapon.)
---Rocket Launcher gains a heat-seaking feature. Let the crosshair focus on your target, while in zoom, and it will turn red, indicating a lock-on. (I don't know if it locks onto players, but at least vehicles.)
---(For XBox players) Flamethrower introduced to multiplayer. It does initial damage + a damage over time. So, even if you die, but still get the other guy, he'll still be burning, and you could get a kill. Short range though.
---I heard the Rocket Launcher lost its melee attack, but not sure.

-Covenant:
---Beam rifle introduced. Covenant's sniper rifle. Same plasma qualities as the other guns.
---Covenant carbine introduced. I think it's the covenant's verison of the sub-machine gun, but with zoom.
---Brute shot introduced. Grenade launcher basically. The first thing it hits, it bounces off of. The second thing it hits it explodes in the natural covenant blue-ness.
---(For XBox players) Fuel Rod gun introduced to multiplayer. You've played with it in single player, so you know what it does. For those who don't, it's basically an arcing rocket lanucher.
---Plasma rifle lost some of its slow-down power (so you can't catch up to your target as fast).
---Needler does more damage, so now it's worth something.
---Last but most definately not least, the Elite Beam sword. You may use this in both single and multiplayer. When just attacking, you slash in an arc, but if you get a lock, and the crosshairs turn red, when you attack you do a stab/thrust at your victim. Odds are that will be a one-hit-kill if you lock. Not dual-wield-able.

--Dual-Wield able weapons:
---Pistol
---SMG
---Plasma Pistol
---Plasma Rifle
---(maybe) Carbine
-----When dual-wielding, you cannot throw grenades or reload, for logical reasons (both hands are being used).

Vehicles: Vehicles have fuel tanks which can be shot off, immobilizing the vehicle. Also, vehicles explode once they take enough damage. Also, the more damage a vehicle takes, the harder it will be to control.
-Human:
---Gauss wathog introduced. A vehicle-killer. It shoots a laser-like bolt which took out a covenant transport in 4 shots, and if you get a good hit, a ghost in 1.
---Very detailed, hubcaps can be shot off the hogs.

-Covenant:
---(For XBox players) Banshee introduced to multiplayer. Aerial advantage is sometimes good, but many people consider you a n00b (personally I don't care, unless I get run over by one). It has the normal plasma shot, but secondary fire shoots a missile.
---Wraith Tank introduced. Covenats version of the tank, but the shot flies in an arc, like the fuel rod gun, which has its positives and negatives.

Characters:
-You may either be an Elite or Spartan.
-You may design decals/signs/etc to put on your char.'s suit.
-Being an Elite or Spartan does not change the campaign.

Have fun!

Fenix117
9th November 2004, 01:12 AM
dude i didnt know that the vehicules had gas tanks and i had no clue what the carbine was but now i do

(just 1/2 hour away till midnight then im gone) *they're going to have to cut my hands off to keep me away from this game*

Callisto
9th November 2004, 04:49 PM
You're welcome. Though, I read about the fuel tanks on a semi-prestegious gaming site, so I would think its true. Also, I was informed today that the carbine is a rifle-like weapon in that it is not dual-wield-able.

Burice
9th November 2004, 04:58 PM
Is it true they have upgraded the tanks and warthogs?

Callisto
9th November 2004, 05:10 PM
Bungie upgraded all the vehicles. For example, you can shoot the hubcaps off the warthog and shoot the side fins off the ghost, so they're very detailed. Also, every vehicle will blow up after it takes enough damage. It will blow up twice if it gets destroyed by a projectile-like weapon (i.e. pistol, assault rifle, plasma pistol), and will blow up once by a missile-like weapon (rocket launcher, fuel rod gun, tank/wraith).

Wind_777
9th November 2004, 05:33 PM
i read throught the weapons thing you have but i did not see the human sniper rifle or the human carbine/fav assault rifle i so much love?

also where you have the xbox thing does it meen it will be for one player or just multi because for the comuter version the fuel rod and the flame are there but single???

how will you reaload weapons cant you just like but one gun down and reload one it would take longer to reload but you could reload also is there only a 2 gun min or are there side arms and 2 primary

also by (PUMA) (little rvb joke there) jeep w/o the gun is not there crap well is the rocket warthowg still there i think well i will not now im grounded but im going to pick the game up so when i do get ungrounded il be glued to the tv lol

Callisto
9th November 2004, 05:40 PM
I just put in the edited/added features in the weapon category. Everything is still there that was in Halo, just edited (though I was just informed that the Flamethrower might not be in multiplayer).

By the "For XBox players" I meant that those already happend on the PC Halo, so that won't be a new feature to them. On the PC, the Flamethrower and Fuel rod gun are available in multiplayer.

Oh, for reloading weapons after dual-wielding, you just switch back to single-weapon, but if you want to dual wield again, I think you're going to have to reload each separately. Another cool feature I saw was that you can have 2 dual-wield weapons and 1 single-wield, for example 2 SMGs and a Battle rifle.

Yes, the rocket-launching warthog will be on Halo 2 as well, which is something new to XBox players. Not new to PC players, like me (I don't own an XBox :().

RyokenX5
10th November 2004, 04:39 AM
Haha.... looks like everyone's been playing Halo 2 and forgot about the forum... very sweet sweet game.... The ending might be dissapointing....

vehicles are grrrrrrrrreat... warthogs, and ghosts, and spectre (like a covenant warthog), wraiths, scorpions, banshees.... oh my.... etc.

new weapons are beautiful... dual pistols are great and they fire very fast
the covenant snipes (beam rifles) are awesome to use... almost impossible to tolerate in the hands of the jackals (especially on legendary)... it's absolutely ridiculous

Legendary mode is insane.... it's basically instant death in a ham sandwich... gone is health... you have only shield..... Ahhh... basically if you get caught with a plasma rifle, you're dead... DEAD.... and guess what.... no respawning in coop legendary mode it's not really much of a spoiler... but it's a surprise for a lot of players and makes the game all the harder...

Brutes are awesome... they're called Brutes for a reason... and Brute shots launch grenades, like frag grenades (they don't explode blue) they also have they're own version of plasma rifles...

and the Hunters... well they're not as stupid as the ones on Halo... You can still kill them easily with a snipe to the back... if you happen to have a sniper on you... and they're guns are a bit different...

and for the king of ALL SPOILERS.... DO NOT READ... the next part I repeat DO NOT READ... I am however obligated to put it because the spoiler tag exists and I must use it.... You play as covenant as part of the story line... an elite called Arbiter who led the covenant mission to the first Halo... and there are definitely some storyline surprised... especially towards the end...

Intel_Hydralisk
10th November 2004, 10:43 AM
Legendary mode is insane.... it's basically instant death in a ham sandwich... gone is health... you have only shield..... Ahhh... basically if you get caught with a plasma rifle, you're dead... DEAD.... and guess what.... no respawning in coop legendary mode it's not really much of a spoiler... but it's a surprise for a lot of players and makes the game all the harder...

I just played Halo2 for 13 hours yesterday.

My friend and I played co-op for about 7 and a half of those 13 hours, the rest was 8 player system link. We first tried the game on legendary, as both of us are perfectly capable of legendary mode solo on the first Halo. BAM, after about 6 failed attempts, we gave up on the FIRST BATTLE. We are now going through on heroic... one day... we shall beat legendary... somehow...

My qualms with the multiplayer: It's very very different from the original Halo. The pistol which defined Halo gameplay, is virtually non existent in multiplayer. Sure, you may get some kills by dual wielding it, but it will never be dominant ever again. It seems like I'm playing something like UT2k4 rather than Halo. I wanted Halo! Not mindless spray and pray with dual wielding!

However, the vehicles are very very nice. I love how you can board the vehicles and destroy parts of it. I once jumped off a building, landed on a flying banshee and proceeded to board it. That's just a nice feature.

What I don't like about the campaign is the flood is back!!!!!NOOO NOT ANOTHER LIBRARY!!! The missions on earth were a lot funner than the other missions, and they should have had more missions on earth.

We haven't finished it all, so that's all I can say about it so far.

White_Hindu
10th November 2004, 11:38 AM
I didn't like that about Halo 2 either...I want to play some co-op and I like the better graphics a lot, but I don't like my exploding scorpion tank or warthog...

I've also noticed that the submachinegun has a tiny ammo cap so you can only reload it once, the battle rifle can zoom but you can only shoot 3 bullets at a time even if it isn't zoomed, the shotgun has a closer effective range and reloads slower. Both the battle rifle and the submachine gun reload faster than the SMG in Halo, so you can get closer and use melee attacks more often.

I don't like playing as a covenant soldier because in the first game I was led to believe the Covenant's only purpose is to kill humans and then to kill Master Chief. I don't like how the Covenant speaks english too...

Intel_Hydralisk
10th November 2004, 01:07 PM
I don't like playing as a covenant soldier because in the first game I was led to believe the Covenant's only purpose is to kill humans and then to kill Master Chief. I don't like how the Covenant speaks english too...

They're only purpose was not to kill humans and master chief. Halo had religious significance to them.

Read the books, the covenent are a lot deeper than human killers.

Fenix117
10th November 2004, 01:23 PM
this game is awesome i have almost beaten it

i dont like the flood and the new sentienal is hard to kill with out the proper weapons

the level quarntine zone was fun and evil at the same time cause of the flood driving around in vehicules but its fun to jack them

Wind_777
10th November 2004, 05:34 PM
Really so can you carry a plama pistal smg as duals and use a sword that sound really nice well im not playing halo2 till atleast friday this is killing me i have the game but cant play it :mad: :mad: :mad:

NuramII
10th November 2004, 06:09 PM
Covenant don't acutally speak english. They just made them seem liek they do so the game could run better. I would rather have them make them speak english then look at subtitles.

Well, preordering kicks ass. No wait. The game is really good, but i was kinda suprised that it wasn't based on Halo: First Strike.

I haven't gotten far in the game. I'm in the level where you play as that arbitor guy. Is there other Spartans, or is it just Master Cheif? I would be pissed if they left out the other remaining ones.

Callisto
10th November 2004, 06:14 PM
Really so can you carry a plama pistal smg as duals and use a sword that sound really nice
Well, actually I figured out that you have to drop one of the duals to switch back to your big weapon, so no, you may not be alternating between all three. Though, you may hold all three.

Intel_Hydralisk
10th November 2004, 07:37 PM
Is there other Spartans, or is it just Master Cheif? I would be pissed if they left out the other remaining ones.

Answer: no, just master chief.

My friend and I just beat it on co-op. THe ending was very unsatisfactory. It's like having awesome sex with a beautiful virgin. Then suddenly, she gets up and leaves. I couldn't believe that was it, that was the ending... it felt so inadequate. I didn't like the last mission either, all you did was beat around a giant brute that had a giant hammer. There was nothing special about the fight, just shooting him a bunch of times. At least you had to board the prophet and butt him out. The last fight was NOTHING compared to the warthog run in the original. They seriously screwed that up.

Solinari
10th November 2004, 10:14 PM
I am disappointed. They changed the multiplayer completely. It's not the same anymore - just like Intel_hydralisk, I felt like i was playing UT or some James Bond game.

loldongs
10th November 2004, 10:34 PM
I agree, I dont like the multiplayer levels much. Without the pistol it can never be the same. The pistol like weapon, the magnum kind of sucks. Campaign levels kick ass though:)

Callisto
10th November 2004, 10:53 PM
Like I said before, Bungie wanted to make the pistol the secondary/support weapon that it is supposed to be. I mean, it makes sense. How many pistols do you know of that have scopes? Very few I'm betting. True, I am one of the pistol-users on the computer, but I like how they made the pistol more realistic. If the pistol had come like this in the original Halo, probably none of you would be saying that you hate it because it's too realistic. It makes sense that rifles do more damage than pistols, and that's what Bungie thought too, so don't give 'em a hard time about it.

If you want the zoom/damage properties of the original pistol, go for the Battle rifle. Same techinque, and probably more damage; so there's your alternative.

White_Hindu
10th November 2004, 10:54 PM
I didn't like how the flood was introduced so early in the game. I like how you meet the flood half way through Halo, but now you're on another halo, and there is more flood...big surprise[/sarcasm] I just hope the end of the game is good, and from what I've heard, it's not.

Intel_Hydralisk
11th November 2004, 06:23 AM
Like I said before, Bungie wanted to make the pistol the secondary/support weapon that it is supposed to be. I mean, it makes sense. How many pistols do you know of that have scopes? Very few I'm betting. True, I am one of the pistol-users on the computer, but I like how they made the pistol more realistic. If the pistol had come like this in the original Halo, probably none of you would be saying that you hate it because it's too realistic. It makes sense that rifles do more damage than pistols, and that's what Bungie thought too, so don't give 'em a hard time about it.

If you want the zoom/damage properties of the original pistol, go for the Battle rifle. Same techinque, and probably more damage; so there's your alternative.

True, the pistol in halo 1 wasn't "realistic", but that practically defined the game. Besides, it's a freakin' magnum, it's supposed to pack a punch. The battle rifle was bungie's attempt at remaking the pistol into a rifle. It's not as good as the pistol was, and close range it gets blown apart by the other combinations of dual wielding / shotgun / sword. I just don't like situations where you stand no chance.

White_Hindu
11th November 2004, 09:51 AM
Dont forget that melee attacks in Halo 2 do more damage and you can do them faster. They rebalanced the weapons, they didn't dumb down the weapons.

Fenix117
11th November 2004, 10:40 AM
u have to get much closer to melee enemies with weapon unlike in halo where you could stand about 5 feet away and melee something

Charon
11th November 2004, 02:22 PM
I just beat it on single-player. I'm not impressed. The original Halo was a landmark in FPS. People who didnt like it complained that it was too hyped up, but what do they know. Halo 2 is a great game- go buy it if you havn't- but it doesn't hold a candle. Halo was a masterpiece, Halo 2 is just a great game. Maybe they can hit the original again with Halo 3. In the meantime, time for a little Half-Life.

Intel_Hydralisk
11th November 2004, 05:53 PM
Dont forget that melee attacks in Halo 2 do more damage and you can do them faster. They rebalanced the weapons, they didn't dumb down the weapons.

False, melee does less damage, pistol was dumbed down, plasma pistol was dumbed down.

u have to get much closer to melee enemies with weapon unlike in halo where you could stand about 5 feet away and melee something

False, when you do a melee attack, you lunge at them, making the range effectively greater. The sword's "lock on" range is much further than melee.

Lemming
11th November 2004, 06:48 PM
plasma pistol was dumbed down

But now since you don't have a health bar, a charged up plasma pistol takes your whole health (shield) away. After that you die pretty quick.

Intel_Hydralisk
11th November 2004, 08:22 PM
But now since you don't have a health bar, a charged up plasma pistol takes your whole health (shield) away. After that you die pretty quick.

You don't have a visible health bar. You still have health though. You don't just instantly die after your shields are gone.

_outlaw
11th November 2004, 10:27 PM
oh yea, and another thing wrong with the melee... you lose your secondary weapon when you hit someone when you dual wield... sure it makes the dual wielding worse, but it doesnt make any sense...

Intel_Hydralisk
12th November 2004, 11:13 AM
oh yea, and another thing wrong with the melee... you lose your secondary weapon when you hit someone when you dual wield... sure it makes the dual wielding worse, but it doesnt make any sense...

Well, it depends on what your "b" button is. My control style is boxer, so I can't even slap unless I drop the 2nd weapon first, then slap (because my left trigger is slap normally). It's just meant to balance out dual wielding.

_outlaw
12th November 2004, 06:28 PM
But it weakens the might of melee even more... i mean the dual wielding hurts the melee alot, not allowing you to get close enough, but then youre not allowed to do it while dual wielding? BS if you ask me.

White_Hindu
12th November 2004, 07:55 PM
Dual wield is teh pwn. I thought a good stratgy towards the end of the game was dual wield 2 brute plasma rifles and use one until its about to overheat then switch to the other and let the overheating one cool down. And now you can get 4 or 5 shots off with each cell.

cr
12th November 2004, 10:55 PM
I'm lovin' this game. I think the storyline is interesting, not many titles I know of that portray things like Halo 2 does.

Personally, I like dual wielding. Usually doesn't matter what it is. If I have 2 weapons in my hands and there's something in front of me, it's gonna die. Except for the tanks. In which case I take them over and kill EVERYTHING.

Anyway, my favorite dual wield currently is using two needlers. Since Bungie gave them a lil boost here on Halo 2, they definately do more damage and are worth 2 shits this time around. Dual SMGs are fun too, but Hindu's right. Dual brute plasmas are friggin' awesome. Other than the shotgun (my signature weapon in any FPS) I actually prefer most of the covenant weapons this time around. The carbine is good to use if you can pump the trigger fast enough, the beam rifle doesn't need reloading so you can keep tracking your targets easier when sniping, the brute launcher..... well, I don't think I need to say much about that. But yeah, overall, I like the covenant weapons unless I'm up against the flood... whom I hate..... because they were supposed to be gone.

Overall..... Yay for Halo 2.

Intel_Hydralisk
12th November 2004, 11:37 PM
I don't like how the battle rifle holds so little bullets (36 + 108 is effectively 12 + 36 due to 3 round bursts). The pistol on Halo held 12 + 120, 132 bullets as opposed to 48. The covenant carbine holds something like 72 + 18 as opposed to the battle rifle's 48 effective shots... that's kind of retarded as the two are supposed to be analogous to one another, especially since the battle rifle isn't that much better if at all.

The brute plasma rifle seems to overheat faster... does anyone else notice that?... and also the flood seems to be more plasma resistant which doesn't sit well with me

Lemming
13th November 2004, 02:50 AM
The only thing about Halo 2 that I really hate is the multiplayer ( on live) system. In optimatch it takes 5 minutes just to get into a game.. and the game could be only 5 minutes long. There is no nice list of games to choose from... The only way to make your own games and choose your own settings is by inviting people in your friends list to your party. With optimatch, every single game I play seemes to be single flag CTF in Zanzibar. I am so sick of that map now.

Phyrus
13th November 2004, 08:34 AM
The brute plasma rifle seems to overheat faster... does anyone else notice that?... and also the flood seems to be more plasma resistant which doesn't sit well with me

in in the first halo, i found out the shotgun is most effective against the flood (it was for me anyway)

RyokenX5
13th November 2004, 08:57 AM
ummm, I don't think that the plasma pistol has been dumbed down... once your shield is gone... one shot in the head and your dead with most weapons (even the dumbed down pistol) ... and I for one like the changes they made in the game... because well... It's a new game... I don't want to play Halo the expansion pack. I'd have been disappointed if all the weapon styles were the same, because everyone would automatically know which weapons to go for in battle... having to figure out which weapons to use again makes the game more fun to me.

I do kind of miss respawning on legendary though... especially when you have to face those damn snipers... (that level took me like an hour and a half on legendary as opposed to maybe 15 minutes on normal). And meleeing on legendary is ridiculously useless except in rare occasions... I don't feel like as much of a badass when I play legendary because I'm always hiding. I do like how your marines and support characters actually do something (even though I swear they're more battle resistant than me.

The story is more involved (the story in Halo 1 was kind of vague... and I think that's what made it so mysterious and grreat). Halo 2's story had a lot of character (not to mention a great introduction)... as for the ending, contrary to most of my friends... I liked it. And the reason I liked it is because that kind of ending is very unprecedented in video games.

I like the multiplayer too... the vehicle additions are great and I like the maps. And not to mention all of the additions they made to the gameplay. I kind of wish there were a couple of more small crazy death battle maps though... but what can you do, it's the X-Box live generation.

Intel_Hydralisk
13th November 2004, 09:35 AM
ummm, I don't think that the plasma pistol has been dumbed down... once your shield is gone... one shot in the head and your dead with most weapons (even the dumbed down pistol) ... and I for one like the changes they made in the game... because well... It's a new game... I don't want to play Halo the expansion pack. I'd have been disappointed if all the weapon styles were the same, because everyone would automatically know which weapons to go for in battle... having to figure out which weapons to use again makes the game more fun to me.

The charged up shot doesn't home in as well, so that's considered "dumbed down" and it doesn't fire nearly as fast as it could in Halo 1. True, it's not really that bad though, but something like the plasma rifle is more efficient for taking out shields. Also, it took us one day to figure out which weapons were best anyway. I liked Halo much better, as dual wielding in Halo2 is so much more n00b friendly.

Ok, so you wanted a new game, but I didn't want a completely different game from Halo. I wanted Halo2, not Unreal Tournament in Halo World.

White_Hindu
13th November 2004, 10:47 AM
I heard that if you beat the game on higher difficulties you may get different endings because I wasn't that impressed with the ending of Halo 2. Can anyone confirm?

RyokenX5
13th November 2004, 08:42 PM
I don't know... I beat it on normal with friends... now I'm trying (ever so slowly to work on legendary) I've beaten around five levels on legendary... probably took around 10 hours because it's corazzy

White_Hindu
13th November 2004, 10:00 PM
I beat it on easy the first time and then normal today, and the ending is no different. I don't want to fucking wait for Halo 3.

Intel_Hydralisk
14th November 2004, 01:09 AM
I beat it on easy the first time and then normal today, and the ending is no different. I don't want to fucking wait for Halo 3.

Legendary might have a different ending, but I don't think the easy - heroic endings are any different. My friend and I have 2 more levels to go on legendary, so we'll find out soon enough (as in 4-5 hours later :dead: ).

White_Hindu
14th November 2004, 10:41 AM
The thing with legendary with both games is I don't like going incredibly slow and dying every 2 minutes. I guess I don't like it because the first time I bought Halo, I played on legendary and got to that part in PoA where Cortana says 'Covenant, on the landing above us!'

Hardest

part

EVER!

So after trying that about a hundred times in a row, I said to myself I didn't want to play a game like that, so I switched the difficulty to easy and beat the game in 6 hours.

To my knowledge, the actual game goes through about 24 hours, but if you can beat the game in six, what the hell--that's good if you're bored for a while.

The only time I could imagine playing legendary by myself is if I had exhausted the storyline by beating the game about 100 times.

Dari
14th November 2004, 05:19 PM
Hardest part ever in Halo 2 on Legendary, is fucking getting past those god damn Brutes that guard the Control Room (where you fight Tartraus). All I have is a god damn Brute Plasma Rifle and five shots for my Brute Shot and two plasma grenades. I can at most kill the majority of the Brutes. However the one with the mutha fucking Carbine always kills me. :(

Intel_Hydralisk
14th November 2004, 05:28 PM
Alright... so after 25 hours of gameplay, my friend and I finally beat legendary.

And the extra legendary ending is: THERE IS NONE, omg I'm pissed!

_outlaw
14th November 2004, 09:57 PM
They seriously needed to make the marines better drivers... in co-op me an my friend are always bein run over by those sons of bitches

Intel_Hydralisk
15th November 2004, 08:25 AM
They seriously needed to make the marines better drivers... in co-op me an my friend are always bein run over by those sons of bitches

Also, whenever I'm trying to board a wraith and there are friendlies nearby, they end up shooting me off of the wraith. It really pisses me off.

Almighty-Sephiroth
15th November 2004, 10:22 AM
yea but the game is still fucking awesome i only have it beat up to heroic though, but still has a good storyline in this one to

White_Hindu
15th November 2004, 12:05 PM
I tried manning the turrets on one of those new covenant vehicles called the Spectre that has a turret on the back(It is like the warthog sort of...), and I had a covenant elite driving me, and he flipped it over within 3 seconds. I think driving was meant for the player instead of the computer and specifically a co-op design. I think if I played co-op we could own in the spectre(everyone loves ghosts, and the spectre is better).

cr
15th November 2004, 04:43 PM
I've noticed that the NPC drivers are fucking RETARDED. Yeah, I was on the first level where you hop on the back of the warthog with the gauss turret on the back and when we got to the part where the wraith is in your way, the driver flipped us over about 3 times. However, I've discovered that you can help the driver along with his steering (or so it seems). To me, it seems like if you point your reticle in a direction that isn't forward (read: the way you're already going...) then the driver will go that way after a few seconds or so. I dunno, maybe it was just coincidence or something but it sure seemed like I could dictate where I wanted the idiot marine to drive. Doesn't help with not getting flipped over.

Wind_777
15th November 2004, 07:46 PM
first of all i have stupid freinds that flip that tank or warthog in 2 sec but maybee it fliped because he when of a clif its on that ice level but you cant really controll how the veical will fall. the npc dosent see stupid to me they seem smarter somehow but i still have problems with them running into fire or just sitting there shoting when there getting shot (me-(get behind the rock and wait for them to reload you idiot)also if its 50 years into the future how come you cant have a camara on you gun and hide and fire looking throught the camara(it would be nice if there was a kill swich feel where the would hide and fire use blind fire and stuff like that)

tell me the truth have you ever fliped the warthog i have its just may not have been his day and i think he died didnt he later

HookerBodyShots
15th November 2004, 08:19 PM
I find that using a plasma pistol and a needler/pistol is extremely effective. I like to charge up the plasma shot and then fire away with the other weapon which completely finishes them off.

Another thing I don't like is the new maps. I am getting my ass HANDED to me on Live because I have no idea where any of the weapons and shit are. Every so often I will get the shotgun and then I'll kill 4 to 6 people in a row before getting killed.

And does anyone else just hit the mute button when joining a new game? The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of 12 year olds rattling at me about my mother and whatnot because they can play a video game. Sometimes it is interesting to listen to, but I have no desire at all to speak to any of these guys. The only time I can think that I would want to use it is with a bunch of friends.

In campaign mode... I nearly died laughing. I found out that the prophet's little floating thing counts as a vehicle, which means I can jack it. I jumped on and punched him a bunch in the neck, killing him. Then came the cut scene with the entire fucking fleet firing on the planet and Master Chief running. DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK MC IS RUNNING LIKE A FUCKING SISSY? His arms are flailing about near his torso and it is hillarious. Then he jumps off that ravine thing and lands wicked cool. What the hell? Does any other person find this hillarious?

Solinari
15th November 2004, 08:56 PM
In lieu of my earlier comments, I have to say that the game has grown on me. Especially with the handicaps in MP. This allows for balance (read: I don't get killed by friends).

Anyway, I found in MP that dual wielding plasma pistol + magnum or SMG + magnum is amazing. Either take away their shields with pp and head shot with magnum for fast kill, or just unload the SMG and click as fast as you can with magnum.

Intel_Hydralisk
15th November 2004, 09:29 PM
In response to HBS's spoiler: Yea, I found that hilarious. It's like master chief is a freakin' doll. What's funnier is the last cut scene, where captain keye's daughter (forgot her name) is going to grab the index. She's holding her arm out in front like a little 5 year old going to grab a toy from the shelf... everyone in the room cracked up.

Another thing that annoys me is the stupid announcer guy. At the start of every ffa, he has to say "lost the lead, gained the lead, lost the lead, lost the lead"... and it's hell if there are two kills at the start. He won't shut up until your a good ways into the game.

Lemming
15th November 2004, 09:35 PM
Another thing that annoys me is the stupid announcer guy. At the start of every ffa, he has to say "lost the lead, gained the lead, lost the lead, lost the lead"... and it's hell if there are two kills at the start. He won't shut up until your a good ways into the game.

I think it's funny when he sounds all excited about something he's saying. Like "Un-freaking believable!" (when you get 25 kills without dying.. i think)

EDIT: Does anyone know how to get past the invisible barriers? To get to places like the top of blood gulch and the crane in... that level I forget? There is a way but the guy wouldn't tell me :( I think it involves getting hit with something.

False Prophet
16th November 2004, 06:00 AM
Wind, you need to work on your posting skills. not to insult, but its very hard to read. Also, if they added all these ridiculous things you want (like kill switch blind fire) then everyone in MP would be sitting behind rocks and firing. noone moves. it's not halo. Halo is a run and gun shooter, not a sit-behind-a-rock-and-fire game.

EDIT: Angle a scorpion tank and flip it while sitting on its half that will flip, or rocket jump. You'll need overshield for rocket, and maybe for the tank.

BrisSexyBeast
16th November 2004, 10:50 AM
hmmm this game is ok I guess. The single player is way to short and I was disappointed that it took place on another freakin halo for most of the game. However you did get to use the arbiter which was kinda sweet. and dual wielding. Multiplayer kicks butt especially the wraith. That thing beats the crap out of my bro. heh.

HookerBodyShots
16th November 2004, 11:21 AM
In multiplayer, what other stuff does the announcer say? I have only gotten triple kill before. I know that in the first Halo, he says, "Kill-tacular" when you get 4 really quickly (or at once)... But supposively he says stuff up to 10 kills together now. Anyone know what they are.

DrUNk PaNDa
16th November 2004, 12:19 PM
it goes up to kill-em-manjaro, got it playing online... was funny shit... king of the hill ran in with a rocket launcher and blasted off 2 shots and thats what happened.... i think it was like 8 kills or something.

also in Halo1 it only went up to like running- riot, but so far ive gotten un-freaken-believable.

I just played Halo2 for 13 hours yesterday.

hahaha.... on the midnight release day me and my buddy played 26 strait hours... there were breaks for bathroom and food. no breaks lasted no more than half an hour though... yeah im a nerd. but after that week, back to real life.. LAME!!...

Anubis
16th November 2004, 04:57 PM
This game's rediculous. Good moving and and Energy Sword and Plasma Rifle and I got 15 kills without being stopped, on one of my first Live games? Energy Sword alone probably got me 12 or so kills during the game, and probably another 6-10 from picking up another Plasma Rifle and dueling. And, of course, a few sticky kills. Cheap?

White_Hindu
16th November 2004, 05:16 PM
Haha, I noticed the bitch running with her arm out in front--she looked like a retard. I was thinking how hard it would be to code her grabbing the deal when she was next to it, but I guess the people at Bungie run around with their arms straight out in front like zombies or something...

Lemming
16th November 2004, 07:51 PM
EDIT: Angle a scorpion tank and flip it while sitting on its half that will flip, or rocket jump. You'll need overshield for rocket, and maybe for the tank.

I tried rocket jumping from right against the invisible wall on top of blood gulch.. but I just jumped against the wall, I couldn't get through it. How do I get the tank to hit me that high?

Anubis
16th November 2004, 08:56 PM
Damned if I know. Xbox Live is ridiculous. My fourth game and I get a 20 kills simply by raping the other team with a Ghost and another 4 kills just from asskickery with Assault Rifle or dual SMGs? I gotta find some real people... probably some of the guys at my school who play more in one day than I have so far since I bought it.

Callisto
17th November 2004, 12:57 AM
Well, I just played Halo 2 for the first time tonight. I have to say, it's pretty dang fun even though it wasn't what I expected. The game play was a little more complex than Halo, but that meant more options. It was cool how the banshee could strafe (can't do that in PC), but it no longer has its secondary rocket. The overall damages are slightly changed, which means I have to find a new weapon to use besides the magnums. It's a downer that the grenades don't throw as far. Though, the details and graphics of the game balance out the negatives, so it's a pretty good game. I'll stick with my Halo demo for the PC though, thank you.

jimmyclj
17th November 2004, 05:32 AM
halo 2 is da best game in the world i have formaed a clan i post our page when its finshed whos completed on legendary apart from me

jimmyclj
17th November 2004, 05:36 AM
castol the banshe can fire its secondry rokect press the b button single palyer only though

jimmyclj
17th November 2004, 05:37 AM
annubus ill give u mach some peole on live suck so bad gt ten kills jsut on turret at zansibar need harder peeps to kill 2

jimmyclj
17th November 2004, 05:39 AM
halo 2 needs a elite gamer sever for hogh lvl peeps only i get on moon walken

DrUNk PaNDa
17th November 2004, 12:41 PM
actually, you gotta earn your way to play the hight players, you play those within 6 levels of you either way. but the sad thing is is that the level system is base on a system kind of like exp points. and each type of game, rumble pit, skirmish, team matchup, etc. has its separate ranking, and they all everage out to your overall ranking. It goes like this, for every win you get, you get a certain amount of points based on the level difference between the person(s) you played against. Each level requires a certain amount of points. Now if you lose, you lose a certain amount of points. but basically, the more you play, the higher lvl you'll eventually become due to the massive amounts of fucking newbs out there... i got so sick of playing noob after noob that i just played with people i knew were good. the ranking system sucks balls, though im lvl 6, i consistantly rocked the shit out several lvl 10's-12's...

Mark
20th November 2004, 10:35 PM
This game's rediculous. Good moving and and Energy Sword and Plasma Rifle and I got 15 kills without being stopped, on one of my first Live games? Energy Sword alone probably got me 12 or so kills during the game, and probably another 6-10 from picking up another Plasma Rifle and dueling. And, of course, a few sticky kills. Cheap?
Well, there are easy ways to avoid getting killed by the sword so much for non-noobs... like shooting the guy with the sword before he kills you... also, apparently, there's a way to dodge it if you're quick enough.

Callisto
21st November 2004, 02:07 AM
also, apparently, there's a way to dodge it if you're quick enough.
Or if you're luckily fast enough. This happened to me:
I locked onto my opponent who was walking backwards and shooting at me. Right before I pulled the fire trigger, he strafed to my right, avoiding my sword. By the time I was turing towards him and trying to lock on again, he killed me. An unfortunate experience, but that's how you do it.

Shade_911
21st November 2004, 01:58 PM
I bought it the day it came out. The special edition version with the pretty silver case.

This game... hmmm... at first I was very disappointed... it just didn't feel the same. I felt like they took a crap on the physics portion of it and concentrated on making the multiplayer a fast paced Unreal clone. Every level has more obstacles and it's obviously made for Live.

But, after playing it further. I do like it... and did figure out what they did do right with the graphics and physics. Using less polygons does reduce some qualities about it, but the character bump mapping is stunning. I don't think it deserved a 9.7, though... just didn't feel right. But, if I played this game on Live, I'm sure it would blow me away.

Solinari
21st November 2004, 03:54 PM
If your strafing, there's no way someone can succesfully lockon hit you.. atleast in my experience. But that requires room, that you don't have on some maps like lockout.

_outlaw
21st November 2004, 08:23 PM
*sigh* I just played this game for hours and my respect for the Halo genre has diminished... sure some of the levels are better but the skill it takes to play this game is extremely small compared to the other one.

The headshot area is obviously larger cuz they happen fairly often, and someone with a sniper rifle at close range is probably going to be lucky and pull one off. Everytime youre in a dual wield gunfight just charge toward the other player holding the two back buttons down and its just a matter of who got the most shots on the other person. The levels are more enclosed compared to the other one, even blood gulch has alot more cover this time around. The sword of course is cheap. It's not a very flexible game because if you find one strategy that works 80% of the time and use it constantly there isnt a very good chance for your opponent to adapt. The rocket launcher is now much cheaper because of the closed environment... just fire and boom one hit kill. The only way the grenade is effective is sticking with a plasma...

im never playing the Halo2 multiplayer again

studjc23
23rd November 2004, 07:35 PM
I agree...multiplayer is not that good...however playing campaign for the first time is pretty cool....but after beating it theres really no point anymore..

Lemming
28th November 2004, 12:33 AM
Has anyone else gotten the hand held scarab gun in Metropolis? It's amazing! Scarab gun + the skull that makes things fly far + soccer ball = awesome.

Benn
7th December 2004, 01:16 PM
halo 2 is a goood first person shooter but it is not as good as the first

Stephen
7th December 2004, 02:11 PM
Has anyone else gotten the hand held scarab gun in Metropolis? It's amazing! Scarab gun + the skull that makes things fly far + soccer ball = awesome.
I heard about that, but I haven't tried it out yet.

What I did do, is unlock the secret multi-player level "Foundation". It looks a lot like a Half-Life map. Light brown, arena style. Very plain.

It's not that hard to unlock either.

1. Beat the game on single player, easy difficulty.
2. Create a New Profile.
3. Play the final mission on co-op
4. The new player must complete a barrel roll and a loop-the-loop
5. Beat the game.

And it opens up a new multiplayer map that you can use in split-screen, system link, and xbox live games.

There are tons of other ways to unlock the map too though. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you had already done one of them without realizing...

Solinari
7th December 2004, 03:06 PM
Well, on Live, you get the map without having to do anything.

Stephen
9th December 2004, 09:39 PM
Alright. You may have hear of this already, but I managed to do it.

Got the Scarab Cannon on Metropolis

Instructions (http://www.cheathappens.com/text/halo2secrets.zip.txt)

Man, this gun is insanely powerful. It just blows my mind! I've got a couple photographs of my TV screen for you.... The last one is by far the best. Just look at the size of Master Chief in that muzzle flash!

Before I shoot. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/stephenkenny01/GUA%20and%20such/IMG_0297.jpg) Sorry about the blurriness. They get better I promise.
BOOM!!! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/stephenkenny01/GUA%20and%20such/IMG_0298.jpg) Still poor quality though...
ROKFD PRIDE!!! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/stephenkenny01/GUA%20and%20such/IMG_0299.jpg) So sexy.

Is that not the most awesome thing you've ever seen?

chobitangel1188
10th December 2004, 08:05 PM
tehehe. I pwnd my bro yesterday in multiplayer. So evil with a ghost and a shotgun. My uber deadly combo. You know the funniest site ever? www.redvsblue.com They have a new episode. All short movies of halo and halo 2. It's soooo funny. Oh man I highly recommend checking that out. It's wicked freakin great. That's all for now. I'm off to pwn some n00bs. Peace.

BLORTH
14th December 2004, 09:06 AM
You're not giving us news chobit. Then again, a lot of people don't know about the surge gun, the skulls, and what not. Skulls are fun and difficult to collect. Like wut. Halo 2 online is probably the only place I really care for. Wind_777, by the way, I haven't seen you online at all. wtfsauce?

Halo 2 on Live is one of the funnest experiences EVER. Check it out if you haven't already tried and failed. (Stephen).

my tag is BLORTH.

Wind_777
24th December 2004, 08:46 PM
Blorth wtf are you carrying about me for??????????
and whats with all the skulls what do you collect them or something??????

HookerBodyShots
24th December 2004, 09:20 PM
Wind, just look at the link Stephen provided. It talks all about the little hidden nick-nacks in Halo II.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned... But I have the very best possible combo ever. Since I started using it, I get an average of five or so kills more per multiplayer game. Get a plasma pistol (clump gun) and a battle rifle. Take out the plasma, charge it, and fire it when discovering people. Immediately switch to the rifle and in one shot, they're dead. Ta da. You just pwned.

_outlaw
25th December 2004, 03:12 PM
meh, charge the plasma and rapid with the handgun. no switching weapons, still a one hit kill, and better at close range

Wind_777
25th December 2004, 04:12 PM
i think that if you had the plasma pistal and the human pistal it would do just as much justis

also look at it this way it takes time to charge the plasma pistal making it hard to take out muliple foes i like uesing plams rifle and a smg becauses i can keep giving the pain because i can take out to ppl with that providing i see them first and one of them is a noob

dual wielding is fun but single handed is just as fun for exp.... on the level with the windmill when you get in teh base in the mid is the flag if you look past that its a even plain then to ramp going the opposit sides what i did was entered the bass and 2 ppl where sitting there i through a grendade throught the flag post and move right just on the hill and shot them the grendade takes out most of the shield all i have to do is just let loose my smg

White_Hindu
25th December 2004, 07:31 PM
Ok, I've never played multiplayer Halo 2, but I know my favorite combo was dual wielding Brute Plasma Rifles. You fire one until it's about to overheat, then start firing the other. A constant stream of plasma, plus the ammo seems to last longer than the plasmas in Halo:CE.

moldykorn
25th December 2004, 07:49 PM
I wasnt too impressed with halo 2....Im not as compelled to finish it as I was with the first. sure its cool in some aspects but it seems dodgy with others. I dont like how they downgraded the pistol, or how they royally effed up the assault rifle. Though i love the story, s'what makes the game great. I grinned when you first go to earth and the pelican flies past at roof level and theres a marine sniper and a spotter prone on a rooftop. Its a good game yes, but if I didnt have it and i knew how it was, it wouldnt be very high on my must have priority list.

Wind_777
25th December 2004, 08:52 PM
i think the new pistal sucks first because it sucks its not a Magnim its more like a 9inch for example in counter strike there is a deage that was the old pistal and the new pistal is that other gun that can be equiped with a silencer
i think that they should have 1/3 the pistals power and made the clip less to about 8 or 7 without scope that would be a magnim there as for teh battle rifle that gun sucks a$$$$$$$ it fires 3 round burst that do jack for damge its good but by the time you hit teh guy with like 15 bullets there in cover and you get like no ammo for the rilfes you get 108+32 =140/3 that like 35 shots that not much and the carbine has 18 in it and you get 12 extra you normally run out of ammo with it and the ammo capasity is ok but i would like it to be 20 with a slightly higher damage on it as for the battle rifle they should change the ammo limit ot 30 so 10 shots and carry 150 ammo along with it 5 clips is good number and a damge increase and teh abilty to change between full auto or burst the plasma pistle is fine but if i could shange it i would make the bullet thats charged shot faster because il fire it and it will not hit him for 2 sec while he shots me and i wait to open fire with my sub brutshot sucks also most of the time it bounces but noramlly it hits the wall and explodes there also the ammo limmit is low with 4 and 12 more 16 shots if annything damage should be added to about 2/3 of what the rocket l does the meeleee thing is good on it i think the fule rod cannon should be on the muliplayer because you only use it in single and thats a waste i would rather they put the flame thrower in because there are only 2 good close range weapons and both take time to reload or beable to attack aggain Wind askes where is the full auto matic shotgun with 1/2 the power

False Prophet
25th December 2004, 09:56 PM
Sorry for the off-topicness and all, but I shall attempt to counter with a thoughtful post at bottem. Wind_777, not to insult you but it seems to me that you just play poorly at the game or need more practice. It may be that I'm above average, but I can get more kills with carbines and battlerifles then any other gun. It seems all the ammo counters are balanced and last me 1 1/2 - 2 kills each, but I get headshots a lot. I also shun the sword and rockets when i can out of fair play. the only point i can slightly agree with you on is the brute shots bounce should work more effectively.

FYI from experiance these are best combos
plasma pistol/smg for short (kills shields, mops up health)
BR / carbine for medium (obviously)
either sniper / carbine / for long range (I find the carbine has much more firepower but requires more accuracy then BR)

I also find the bruteshot serves best to disperse crowds and get people to move where you want them to, as the grenades rarely have the power to kill unless you successfully hit them with all four.

firstly, if the campaign was set fully on the earth the campaign would have grabbed me. it didn't. I quit half way through, this covenant story while slightly interesting didn't hold my attention to long. They should have stuck with their previous formula, they know it works.

IMO xbox live really shines through on this. thousands and thousands of people on the same time and the game never lags, communication and clanwork/teamwork really gives it a community atmosphere. I've met several IRL friends through this in my area.

overall, the games above average but I'm was so hyped for earth combat I was totally disappointed. 9/10

White_Hindu
25th December 2004, 09:59 PM
I didn't like the Covenant storylines either. I was led to believe the Covenant were the bad guys, not the good guys.

I didn't like the introduction of the flood in Halo 2 either, but the game was pretty good, and I loved the ending. I didn't really like the earth combat except for the part where you drive the scorpion over the bridge and blow up like 50 ghosts.

_outlaw
25th December 2004, 10:20 PM
its not a Magnim its more like a 9inch

9 INCHES?! you know that bullet would be HUGE dont you? you mean a 9milli right?

ANYWAY, I enjoyed the story much more than anything the game had to offer so i just read the book.

BLORTH
26th December 2004, 01:00 AM
Wind. You need to slow down when you type, and make sure everything LOOKS like it should. Reading your posts hurt. Then I come upon Hindu's. Mmm. Grammar, spelling, sentences. Nice.

The single player gameplay is quite fun, to say the least. I beat it on Legendary a long time ago, I was somewhat disappointed by the fact that I didn't get different endings like in the first Halo. But then I got on Xbox Live and I forgot about all problems. Then, I checked out other message boards. All people can ever do about this game is bitch and bitch and bitch. It's aggravating.

Wind_777
26th December 2004, 05:26 AM
False Prophet
Wind_777, not to insult you but it seems to me that you just play poorly at the game or need more practice.

Midship
Slayer Duel

Head To Head
12/26/2004 3:34 AM
Game Length: 00:07:54

Level

Gamertag

Avg. Life

Best Spree

Score
1st
Wind777 00:07:54 10 10

2nd
ZoMshAlb 00:00:38 0 0

ok look at that i just got a 10 kill 0 death game on midship,
and the game before i got 10 kills and 1 death it was on the creek level i got the rocketL so that he would not use it, i use it 2 only when i was herting and it looked like he would win, but i use a plams pisal and a magnim to get the other 8 kills, he only killed me because he use the plasma pistal and smg and supprised me
NO I DONT THINK IM A NOOB, YOU CAN GO TO BUNIGE.NET AND LOOK AT IT FOR YOUR SELF
Blorth is that better i use ,,,,, so that you can stop :icon_blus
i guess your right but for somereason i dont get it is how you can kill with br because i shot a person 4 times and they did not die and i aimed for the head,
br and carbine are good vs sword or shotgun maybe ist the lag i use a wireless b that gets into my room, but i download things at 140k noramlly but sometimes its like 30 or 40k so i have to hit it or jurk the cabble a bit to get better results :)

Dari
26th December 2004, 10:13 AM
Personally, I found using duel wielded combos of Magnum and SMG or SMG and Plasma Rifle to be quite effective. Really takes a player down quickly.

BLORTH
26th December 2004, 02:16 PM
Wind. By the team games we played, you weren't matching up with my skill. Noob.

Noooooooooooob (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=kills&gameid=35948467&player=BLORTH)

I've had plenty of head to head games with 10 kills 0-1 deaths.

The BR is an awesome weapon. It takes 4-6 volleys of shots to take out the shield, and then one well placed shot in the head. Instead of wasting all that ammo, use a plasma pistol. The best thing the BR is for is anti-sniper. If you can start hitting them with a good amount of shots, they'll be all fucked up and won't be able to do a damn thing about it. Have a teammate run up on them with duals or a shotgun, and you've just broke a base.

Wind, one more thing, it's better to just post the LINK to the gamestats, rather than trying to copy and paste the game stats. Noted.

Here (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=36089851&player=BLORTH)

And maybe here (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=36083291&player=BLORTH)

Some more here (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=36072884&player=BLORTH)

More you say? (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=36067543&player=BLORTH)

I am the alpha and omega. No one on GUA can beat me.

White_Hindu
26th December 2004, 02:52 PM
When I resubscribe to live, I'll take you up on that challenge. Chances are I'll rock your socks(keyboard/mouse adapter).

Wind_777
26th December 2004, 04:44 PM
Blorth if you whant we can do a one on one later someday, no ranked, i find out that the fastes way to kill someone is the 2 pistals because instead of shooting them with plasma pistal, and taking out the br and shooting them in the head you dont have to swich you have to shoot them in the head is good to have a back up plan to becaues if more the 1 person comes you cant be hurting if you cant find cover but noramlly you can run and the pistal cools down fast

as for not maching your skill i really never try at the game im really good with the sniper at mid range but at long range im not sooo good because i try to aim for the head and only for the head i suck with the rocketL so thats my biggest weekness and the part that i have a wireless b and the connection is no vey stable

HookerBodyShots
26th December 2004, 06:15 PM
This is not the "my SMG is bigger than yours" thread. Please just put away the "you obviously must suck" and all that jazz. Play nice.

meh, charge the plasma and rapid with the handgun. no switching weapons, still a one hit kill, and better at close range

Unfortunately, the pistol blows at medium and long range. That's why I have the BR with it, so I can snipe them right after their shields are gone. You'll be suprised at how powerful a combo it is. Try it.

Lemming
26th December 2004, 07:18 PM
Is it just me or is there a whole lot of high voiced litte kids on xboxlive who insist on yelling into their mic?
I think they should take the sword out of head to head.. maybe even the rocket launcher. I keep playing against cheap bastards who are willing to hide behing a wall in a place I can't get with a grenade for hours, waiting for me to walk by.

Dari
26th December 2004, 07:55 PM
I'm up for that too guys, I've played on Live a lot of my friends account and a lot of people are all talk. Show the action where and when the time comes.

HookerBodyShots
26th December 2004, 08:06 PM
You should be thankful that is the worst you have run into. When I played online, I've had people purposefully leave the game (when they are on my team) because they didn't get a scorpion tank in Coagulation. But the better you get and the higher level you are, the less likely you will run into these guys... So kick ass and you won't discover suckage.

Dari
26th December 2004, 08:11 PM
Its all about the fun. And I really don't care about the vehicles that much. I mean the only thing that pisses me of a lot would happen to be when some players will take the Ghost or the Banshee and just run around boosting into other players. Cheap shit, when they do it the entire duration of the match.

As well as at the spawn point too. But that's why the Rocket Launcher and the Brute Shot kick ass, to deal with fools. But overall, its about having a good time for me. A match on Lockout, with all Plasma Sabers, anyone? :)

Intel_Hydralisk
26th December 2004, 09:05 PM
Is it just me or is there a whole lot of high voiced litte kids on xboxlive who insist on yelling into their mic?
I think they should take the sword out of head to head.. maybe even the rocket launcher. I keep playing against cheap bastards who are willing to hide behing a wall in a place I can't get with a grenade for hours, waiting for me to walk by.

That's what I don't like about Halo2... (as opposed to Halo). You have to go find a gun in order to do well, as opposed to starting with a pistol and having everything you need right as you spawn. On top of that, many of the guns are so very ... gay... lack of a better word. I don't like situations where I simply don't even have a chance due to the wrong weapon matchup. Makes the game a lot cheaper like Lemming said, what with sword camping. The game turned into weapon whoring... which displeases me. I'd play Halo over Halo2 anyday.

BLORTH
26th December 2004, 09:44 PM
That's what I don't like about Halo2... (as opposed to Halo). You have to go find a gun in order to do well, as opposed to starting with a pistol and having everything you need right as you spawn.

WTF. HALO : CE PISTOL? That's fucking stupid. A pistol that can snipe someone from across the fucking map on Coagulation!? What a joke!

I don't like situations where I simply don't even have a chance due to the wrong weapon matchup.

You say you get beat by...weapon mismatching? Wow. Talk about finding someone to whine about. "My pistol got beat by the guy with the rocket launcher! THIS GAME IS CHEAP!"

When I resubscribe to live, I'll take you up on that challenge. Chances are I'll rock your socks(keyboard/mouse adapter).

Bring it, son. I rock everyone. (Even your mother.)

i find out that the fastes way to kill someone is the 2 pistals because instead of shooting them with plasma pistal, and taking out the br and shooting them in the head you dont have to swich you have to shoot them in the head

wtf. I'll make a laughable attempt to read your gibberish. For starters, I'll play you on Ascension. That's a map with enough things for you to hide behind. Hell, you pick the map, I'll knock you down. In the mud. I'll get your skirt all messed up, okay cupcake?

Unfortunately, the pistol blows at medium and long range. That's why I have the BR with it, so I can snipe them right after their shields are gone. You'll be suprised at how powerful a combo it is. Try it.

HBS tells it like it is. HBS, aren't you just so smart. Tell you what, I give you permission to slit Wind's throat in his sleep. [/redvsblue]

Anyone who waits in one place will not win. A successful camper moves around. Which kind of is contradictory to the statement. Note the fact that you need to move around to make sure someone doesn't see you. I'd crouch walk up to their hiding spot and kill them. Hopefully assassinate or stick them. I would rock anyone who tried that garbage.

I mean the only thing that pisses me of a lot would happen to be when some players will take the Ghost or the Banshee and just run around boosting into other players. Cheap shit, when they do it the entire duration of the match.

I do that until I'm forced to actually do something. If people learn to jump, I'll gun 'em down.

As well as at the spawn point too. But that's why the Rocket Launcher and the Brute Shot kick ass, to deal with fools. But overall, its about having a good time for me. A match on Lockout, with all Plasma Sabers, anyone?

I'm a monster on Lockout. Swords means no shields, correct?

All in all, I will play everyone 1 on 1. I want to be beaten. No one from GUA or I personally know can beat me. If I do get beaten, I want it to be by Hindu.

I will play tommorow, later at night, around 9:00 PM CST. My gamertag is : BLORTH. Thanks.

My SMG brings all the boys to the yard.

Wind_777
26th December 2004, 10:13 PM
ok blorth the next time i see i will play you on lockout :icon_blus
the pistal is ok at mid range becasue you have 12 shots if you aim up for the head chances are one will hit him :icon_blus :icon_blus

Intel_Hydralisk
26th December 2004, 11:20 PM
You say you get beat by...weapon mismatching? Wow. Talk about finding someone to whine about. "My pistol got beat by the guy with the rocket launcher! THIS GAME IS CHEAP!"

Haha, ok rocket should beat pistol.

That wasn't my point was it?

As I can already tell... you're quite worked up, therefore I will refrain from making further comments for the sake of your health.

I will say this though: A game where someone spawns by the rocket launcher and gets off 4 kills (4 rockets) with no skill what so ever, isn't very fun to me (apply sword or any other abused gun as well). If you resort to flaming, I will not respond.

Wind_777
27th December 2004, 01:17 AM
i aggree with you to many times i loose because the other guy has teh sniper and as soon as a spawn he kills me or when someone getts the rocketL or the sword it makes it almost imposible to play the game they should remove thouse weapons from teh dual but non the less its part of the game so i dotn think thay will

BLORTH
27th December 2004, 09:44 AM
Guys. Not every game is based off of everyone running into the middle with an SMG. I spawn near the RL a lot on Ivory Tower. Then again, I die there a lot. I don't even pick up the sword on Ivory Tower because I can never use it correctly unless I'm in the elevator hallway inside one of those rooms.

I'm not worked up Intel, but everyone wants to complain about weapons not being strong enough or being too strong. Wind, for example, on the sniper issue, get a BR and start pegging the guy with it, when he comes down to greet you, he'll have a RL probably too. GET CLOSE for god's sake.

Guns are abused because they are good. But the truly good players can use them all. Except for the needler, because the needler sux cox.

It's on tonight Windy-poo. It is fucking ON. Slayer. 1v1. GLOBAL TOUR.

Ascension, Lockout, Beaver Creek, Ivory Tower, and maybe Foundation.

*stomp stomp clap* *stomp stomp clap* WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU! *stomp stomp clap* *stomp stomp clap*

Dari
27th December 2004, 02:02 PM
Blorth, whats your Gamer tag? I just want to watch and see this.

cash_money_empire11
27th December 2004, 08:08 PM
Well anyone who says Halo 2 is better than Halo is a noob to Halo, in Halo 2 a rookie can Stay with Pro's such as myself!! lol But no 4 real, Halo is more Fast paced, I remeber at Hangem High when We had 16 people playing and Blue was respawning, right on top the small Hill, and red was respawning at the Investibility Shield, so In bout under 5 mins the game was over, it was fun granted my team lost by one or 2, but it was Fast Paced and it was the better guys tearing it up as it should be, granted we did play a Halo 2 game to 250 bout a week ago, we once again had 16 people, lol, guess the score, CANT GET ANY CLOSER THAN 250 to 249!! NO shit, I am not fucking with u and right when we got the last Kill, my warthog was hit with a Tank Shot, and I died bout a Half Sec after we won!!! IT WAS Sweet!!! Also we made a Game called Predator on Halo 2, We let a rookie(a Sucky ass Player) Have a Investibilty shield, Over shield, really fast, infintite ammo, Extra damage to us, Less damamge to him, We Play a Game to 250, lol, at The new Blood Gulch(cant spell the new name good) but that was sweet we had bout 8 of us kikc ass players goin after one of the guys 12 year old nephew!! He was ok, but we hunted like a team, and Granted he owned us and lol one time he just went around wacking us, but it was FUN!!! OK, lol Halo 2 he still Kicks ass but not as good as HALO!!! roockies=Halo 2 and Pro's=HALO! That just the way it is!!!

Wind_777
27th December 2004, 11:14 PM
me and blorth had a liitle game until some guys came in and then things started happening most of them left exept 2 guys and he assassinated me because well i dont know why? so the game did not get to far...
before ppl started showing up it was
Wind -4
Blorth 0
and for most of the kills i use me pistal combo :icon_blus

your right i have started to use the br alot more it is a good gun but non the less you only get 1 1/2-2 kills per clip that means 36/2=18/3=5shots to kill someone but its worth is when you flank someone from mid range or shot at a sniper to make him take cover while the flag runners makes his way trought the level

i just realised something here it is-this is a reply i put for why the flood are good in halo2

:whistilin i dont think the the flood comming back was a mistake for exampe I JUST LOVE BEATING THE SH&T OUT OF THEM its fun to kill them because unlike the elite they use like smg so if you kill one you get more ammo, unlike- if you kill a elite you only get a plama rifle sword needler ext....

also the flood have 2 new things in this game the abbily for a floodling to resurect a slapy and the abily to infect elite(but not gruns i wound why that is)

Note In halo1 the flood where nota able to get elite infected(theres a part of one level where you see floodlings on grunst and elite yet they cant infect them) but you can clearly see that the flood do infect the elites why the change (and if they can infect elite why not gurnt, bruts, hunters, and jackals) because it clear that they can infect the PROHETS :whistilin

Dari
28th December 2004, 02:19 AM
They didn't show a Flood Prophet form, the Gravemind is a Flood entity for example. It absorbed the Covenant junior Prophet, Regret but he was still conscience and fully capable of otherwise functions of most other forms weren't able to use. The Grunts, Jackals and Hunters have physiologys which aren't compatable to create a Combat Form, so they are turned into Carriers. Only Humans and Elites thus far have manifested into Warriors Forms by the Flood.

And we never saw a Brute Flood Form, so must be the same thing.

Intel_Hydralisk
28th December 2004, 01:04 PM

I do not want to fight a brute flood.

Ok... so maybe the flood would have been good if they didn't make another repetative library... again. My biggest quam about the flood now, is that you practically have to use a shotgun or sword to be effective. Plasma rolls off of them like nothing... it pisses me off... they nerfed plasma even more against flood.

Dari
28th December 2004, 03:06 PM
True. Thats why you use Shotguns or SMG/Pistol combos on the Flood. And the whole thing with the dead combat forms being revived with the Infection Forms, that was pretty cool.

Wind_777
28th December 2004, 09:43 PM
The Grunts, Jackals and Hunters have physiologys which aren't compatable to create a Combat Form, so they are turned into Carriers.

om first what does physiologys mean becaues even in the first game cortana said human covonet we are all food that mean grunts jackals and hunters could be infected think about it if the flood cant infect grunds jackals and hunter why not let them attack and the elites stay back the flood would have no warriors then???? i would injoy fighting infested hunter think about it it would be the same thing but they cant use there gun

as for bruts i dont know a few head shots and the bruts die but with flood head shots dont really count so it would be harder to kill them

To Blorth i got grounded for a week so i cant play xbox live for that long :mad:

Dari
28th December 2004, 11:50 PM
om first what does physiologys mean becaues even in the first game cortana said human covonet we are all food that mean grunts jackals and hunters could be infected think about it if the flood cant infect grunds jackals and hunter why not let them attack and the elites stay back the flood would have no warriors then???? i would injoy fighting infested hunter think about it it would be the same thing but they cant use there gun

as for bruts i dont know a few head shots and the bruts die but with flood head shots dont really count so it would be harder to kill them

To Blorth i got grounded for a week so i cant play xbox live for that long :mad:

There are no Grunt, Jackal or Hunter Combat forms, all though they are still used by the Flood to either form Carriers or Ranger (Infection) forms. And after that I can't read the rest of your post.

Wind_777
29th December 2004, 04:17 PM
not really think about it grunts are for extra bullit ammo while you bussy fighing the elite they shoot at you.

i dont think that the flood have to perce the skin to get in a simple bullit wound will do for a br or smg. i think the flood are paracitic and thats why they explode when they hit you, they drop spors that infect you.

so having a hunter infected or a bruit could happen because they are stronger then the elite

also if only the elite can be infected why not just let the hunters bruts jackals and grunts attack the flood and let the elite stay back???

BLORTH
29th December 2004, 11:32 PM
Way to go Wind. If you just did what you were supposed to do instead of playing.

Dari, add my gamertag dude. I want to play everyone here.

Wind_777
30th December 2004, 12:53 AM
Way to go Wind. If you just did what you were supposed to do instead of playing.

What are you taling about i did play and i won i cant play because i got grounded so i will not be on for a while also add me to my tags are Wind777

Kiera
30th December 2004, 02:01 PM
Halo 2 is one of my favorite games. I play it online and Im still trying to beat it on legendary. But its fucking hard.

Wind_777
30th December 2004, 02:09 PM
i beat the first level on halo1 without dieing on legenday but i died next level because my freinds where getting board. If you what to survive throught legendary you have to take cover you cant rush in and hoping for good results.
1st shoot the grunst and jackals with a sniper or br ect.
If you the Cov dude yous the Camo and run throught the level :) .

om why are there no more post did you guys die on me or something

Ganks
5th January 2005, 12:03 AM
i think the best thing to do for H-2 is get an energy sword and use it to where he is just punching. If u keep attacking they cant hit back and u eventually kill them.

***WARNING***
do not attempt on hunters

Wind_777
5th January 2005, 01:30 AM
for a few levels thats a bad statogy as there are sniper all over some level but vs the flood its good. and most cov missions.

Intel_Hydralisk
5th January 2005, 04:15 PM
i think the best thing to do for H-2 is get an energy sword and use it to where he is just punching. If u keep attacking they cant hit back and u eventually kill them.

***WARNING***
do not attempt on hunters

That is god awful against brutes. For a single brute it will work, but that's about it. Even against elites it's tough. The elites can pump plasma rifle into your ass so fast you really can't get close enough unless again there's only one of them... don't even think about swording a dual plasma elite. (I'm talking about legendary here... as the other difficulties don't really need strategies)

Wind_777
5th January 2005, 04:55 PM
not really on that cov level when you kill the heratic leader he has flying 2x plasma guys you can kill them by jumping and attacking them.

Wind_777
7th January 2005, 11:15 PM
ok not to 2x post but no one has posted in this form for a while.

Also i left the halo2 clan becaue no one is playing it only blorth playes no one else plays so i joined differnt one i dont know il skip arround in clans for now till i find a good one i dont know.

Edit your post the next time. ~Tekano

wolfstrike
9th January 2005, 07:03 PM
i got the game over christmas, and beat it in three days, but i cant get on live though the credit card is expired, and dont have the free cash to resubscribe. so my play is limited, but so far i have only died three times against another player in multiplayer, so i am more then ready for a new challenge, i have even started to go threw and use only weaker weapons (at least when i can) and no duel wield or grenades, and no camo.

Wind_777
9th January 2005, 07:57 PM
Live is a difernt sorry you play humans which is way better then any npc or ai you could ever play. Elites dont have a habit of charging you when you and him are low on shield a human will most likly and that takes getting used to.

Anubis
9th January 2005, 08:35 PM
Actually, some of the AI baddies are harder than people on Live. The hard part about Live is that once you kill the bastard, he pops right back up.

Wind_777
9th January 2005, 08:40 PM
True but playing on live sometimes get you spawned killed. I mean when you come back and have smg and some guy comse 2sec latter with the sword. Not really after a while you reach you lvl in the machmaking process. Making it quite hard.

wolfstrike
9th January 2005, 09:00 PM
hum well i guess i am going to need to try and get it back, but it will be awhile. hum, so watchout for spawn killers, and the drive to keep up the attack, i will remember that.

Wind_777
9th January 2005, 09:09 PM
wolf what are you live tags? You should im level 11 now im still going up slowly but it takes time.

wolfstrike
9th January 2005, 09:15 PM
the same as my forum name, i try to make myself easy to track, i am either know as wolfstrike or mysticwolf, either way i can be found easy.

Anubis
9th January 2005, 09:26 PM
I mean when you come back and have smg and some guy comse 2sec latter with the sword. That's not that bad. Bad spawn-kill is when you get spawned and immediately some guy mows you down with super-weapons, like a sword or shotgun or dual-anything. I don't understand why they would ever do that do someone. If anything, they should stick the spawned guy behind the playing guy; at least it'd be even.

_outlaw
9th January 2005, 09:54 PM
I like how they do it in some other games. they allow for a small leeway of invincibility.

Whats different about an AI and human is the emotions and the knowledge. an adrenaline pumped human is bound to do stupid things like charge a plethra of baddies. And AI's, while not showing it, normally know where you are what youre doing etc.

Wind_777
9th January 2005, 10:04 PM
I think you should get active camo when you spawn. same lenght as you get in single player the one the arbiter gets.

DrUNk PaNDa
10th January 2005, 11:56 AM
that would be still too powerful. a smart player would be able to exploit it to the max.

Wind_777
10th January 2005, 05:02 PM
It would only last like 10seconds and you could not fire your weapon untill it whent away.

cheeky_monkey
11th January 2005, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty happy that three months ago I got my pre-order for Halo 2 Special Limited Edition. I can't wait to play the damn thing. Only two more months...I look forward to it greatly.

DARI YOUR A DUMBASS

Stephen
11th January 2005, 01:41 PM
DARI YOUR A DUMBASS
Yeah, we don't really need that kind of thing here. Thanks.

My X-Box Live still isn't connecting to the internet. I'm pretty sure it's a firewall problem. Sorry BLORTH. Maybe I should have hooked one up when I was back home. How about early March? I'll kick your ass from March 5th to the 10th. After that, I'm back to big pimpin' in the B-D-A.

Wind_777
11th January 2005, 04:49 PM
StephenKenny01 try buing a router and plug your xbox into the router it worked for me. Also halo came out a long time ago what are you blabling about?

DrUNk PaNDa
12th January 2005, 10:27 AM
I can't wait to play the damn thing. Only two more months...I look forward to it greatly.

uh... im pretty glad i reserved my copy as well... where the hell do u live that you were un able to play it like 2 months ago...?!?!?!

Stephen
12th January 2005, 04:30 PM
StephenKenny01 try buing a router and plug your xbox into the router it worked for me.Well I'm behind my school's firewall, so that's not going to solve anything. I really don't think that there is a solution, except for some semi-legal alternate web based thing that BLORTH linked me to once upon a time...

uh... im pretty glad i reserved my copy as well... where the hell do u live that you were un able to play it like 2 months ago...?!?!?!
Maybe the Special Edition doesn't come out for another couple months? Yeah, I found a link right here:
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=XB0874&title=halo_2_-_special_edition_(tin_box)

Wind_777
12th January 2005, 08:29 PM
Or you could ask who ever is incharge to give you the ppoe setting and the ip addres ect that you need to connect. I would try router myen would not work till i got one.

No i have collecters edition it came out same day just 5dollors more and behind the scence of halo2.

DrUNk PaNDa
13th January 2005, 11:31 AM
Maybe the Special Edition doesn't come out for another couple months? Yeah, I found a link right here:
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=XB0874&title=halo_2_-_special_edition_(tin_box)

yeah, that was released the same day of the original game, just $5 more.... eh well... good stuff... actually... havent even watched the dvd yet.... has anyone?

Wind_777
13th January 2005, 06:04 PM
I have its ok the main thing in it is about 45minuts long and some other stuff like how they created char and stuff like that. They tryed getting a human version of the banshi in but the phisics would not work.

Intel_Hydralisk
13th January 2005, 08:06 PM
yeah, that was released the same day of the original game, just $5 more.... eh well... good stuff... actually... havent even watched the dvd yet.... has anyone?

I watched parts of it. My friend got the special edition, made his mom go out and buy another copy at midnight, and had another copy reserved at a game store (total of 3 copies). The next day, his mom brought it to our boarding school for him (3 hour drive one way). I sure wish my parents were that nice.

I saw a bunch of Bungie nerds having some kind of picnic bash. That part was kinda gay. Then I watched a bunch of tired Bungie nerds fretting about meeting the deadline. That was kinda gay too.

Wind_777
13th January 2005, 09:55 PM
There not really nerd there people with real lives. Its there job its better then flipping burgers. I dont know i might became one of them.

Intel_Hydralisk
13th January 2005, 10:35 PM
There not really nerd there people with real lives. Its there job its better then flipping burgers. I dont know i might became one of them.

No crap it's better than flipping burgers.

Did I ever say it was bad? Hell I'm a nerd. Computer programmers are all nerds. The people who made Halo made millions, it's not a bad life. I just don't want to watch a bunch of pale skinned computer programmers have a picnic.... especially if I paid to watch it (fortunately I didn't). What I didn't like about the movie was that it sounded like everything was put together in the last minute. And as a result, I played through the game noticing stuff that could have been made a lot better but wasn't because they ran out of time.

(ever wonder why assault on the control room and two betrayals used the same map?... they had to meet deadline... made me feel like that about halo2 with the repetativeness of some levels).

_outlaw
13th January 2005, 11:44 PM
well, that and it connected the story nicely. Halo2's levels didnt do it that well.

Wind_777
14th January 2005, 09:55 AM
Also that one part where all the snow is all the cov ships look the same and the automen or human ship. what ever its name is.

Hawkeye05
15th January 2005, 05:38 PM
Personally, I enjoyed Halo 2. But, I think Halo 1 was definitely better. This game deserved a lot of hype, but it didn't quite live up to all of what people said it was. I still wouldn't mind putting Halo 1 in right now. :whistilin

DrUNk PaNDa
16th January 2005, 02:05 PM
Personally, I enjoyed Halo 2. But, I think Halo 1 was definitely better. This game deserved a lot of hype, but it didn't quite live up to all of what people said it was. I still wouldn't mind putting Halo 1 in right now. :whistilin

ok, when me and my friends first started playin halo2, we were all like WTF... THIS GAMES SUCKS!... but the more we played it, we soon discovered its awesomeness... just one question, why do you think halo1 is better than halo2?

Wind_777
16th January 2005, 11:20 PM
Halo1 one was not reaslly that fun because the pistal owned everything.

Hawkeye05
17th January 2005, 04:40 PM
ok, when me and my friends first started playin halo2, we were all like WTF... THIS GAMES SUCKS!... but the more we played it, we soon discovered its awesomeness... just one question, why do you think halo1 is better than halo2?
I don't play multiplayer, because I haven't a sibling or XBox Live, but the single-player mode in Halo 1 was longer and much more exciting. Halo 2 seems to have too many small little touch-ups rather than big changes. Bungie and Microsoft didn't go out on a limb.

DrUNk PaNDa
18th January 2005, 11:18 AM
I don't play multiplayer, because I haven't a sibling or XBox Live, but the single-player mode in Halo 1 was longer and much more exciting. Halo 2 seems to have too many small little touch-ups rather than big changes. Bungie and Microsoft didn't go out on a limb.

hrmm... no buddies have xbox or anything?.... youre missing out on a lot there, the multi is probably 75% of the game. the story line was alright, i didnt like the flood returning... anyways, i thought that the 2nd one was longer, the levels were say longers and such, and in legendary mode you can find secrets and unlock other modes of play and what not, its quite interesting... i do feel that the ending sucked ass, i was expecting one more level at least, but i guess it is now open for another halo

homerunderby
18th January 2005, 03:08 PM
i think halo 2 rocked and the developers deserve a very big round of applause :wave: :yourock: :worship: .
i mean of course it had its draw backs like anygame but it is an alround game
i enjoyed it alot more than the first halo.

Dari
18th January 2005, 09:25 PM
Of course. Halo 2 is a great game but the hype should not determind the make or final product of the quality of the game. That wouldn't be fair. People were expecting revolution, instead they got evolution. Halo 2 took the faults of Halo and molded them into something better.

And of course Bungie deserves credit for greating such a great game. They routinely communicate with their fans and supporters to give the best possible expierence in video game possible. Nothing but style on behalf of Bungie and Microsoft Gaming Studios part.

DrUNk PaNDa
19th January 2005, 11:11 AM
i dont really know how many people actually know this, but Bungie is definately not new to these type of games. when i first played halo, the first thing i did notice was BUNGIE!!, and then i was like wtf... didnt they die or something? because the last awesome bungie game i played was on my old school 6200 performa mac: the Marathon Trilogy. if anyone here remembers this game, there are extremely striking similarities, Marathon=outer space civilization=Halo, S'phit(sp) and S'phor(sp)=the aliens=covanent. The more i played this game, the more i realized how much of marathon was actually in halo, plasma pistol, assault rifle, pistols, rocket launcher... all originated/influenced from the marathon game(s). even the marathon symbol itself can be found in halo. even with marathon they pushed the envelope by being the first, if not one of the first, FPS to be able to look up and down. i figure that halo is just a continuation of the evolution off of marathon.

Wind_777
19th January 2005, 02:44 PM
Il have to agree withyou there about he marathan guy the only game was a bit like halo1 and halo2. But think of it this way the prince of persia saga is larger then most people think a lot of people only know the 2 on xbox. But there are many other games witht he same title but differnt story that many people did not get to play. In a way game devalopers like to revive games from the death to the xbox to let the the new generation play it. For me i never got to play marathan so halo is new to me unlike some people that got to play it. Also if you look into doom1 you will see that most of the char on doom1 are in doom3 like the hellKnight and the thouse thing that shoot the yellow balls at you and the men or they are zombies. Also they have that big dog thing to.

Intel_Hydralisk
19th January 2005, 11:43 PM
Il have to agree withyou there about he marathan guy the only game was a bit like halo1 and halo2. But think of it this way the prince of persia saga is larger then most people think a lot of people only know the 2 on xbox. But there are many other games witht he same title but differnt story that many people did not get to play. In a way game devalopers like to revive games from the death to the xbox to let the the new generation play it. For me i never got to play marathan so halo is new to me unlike some people that got to play it. Also if you look into doom1 you will see that most of the char on doom1 are in doom3 like the hellKnight and the thouse thing that shoot the yellow balls at you and the men or they are zombies. Also they have that big dog thing to.

Um, I think you missed his point. Halo != sequel to Marathon. However, the prince of persia series are all sequels and so is Doom3 (kind of obvious... Doom3 ... Doom2... Doom1...). For sequels, it's expected to have some stuff repeated such as... monsters and guns etc... but Drunk Panda was pointing out that Bungie took a lot from its older game (which is not a prequel to Halo) and implemented them in Halo.

Wind_777
19th January 2005, 11:46 PM
I guess your right about that but still marathan did not have flying rings arround planets called halos. Or i dont think it had them.

DrUNk PaNDa
20th January 2005, 11:11 AM
hm, lol, not stating that halo is a so-called-sequal to marathon, but im just rather stating that they used similar ideas from marathon and just 'evolved' them into halo. followers of marathon do recognized the similarities of each game. Halo = Evolution of Marathon.

Sir ginger
16th February 2005, 01:33 PM
Most impressed with this game. It includes everything I ever hoped for when I saw the previews and trailers.

But I am so sick of people whining about the campaign mode. They cry and moan about how short it is without realising that it is a multiplayer game, just with a single player function! They can't please everybody, but they went for the majority by making the multiplayer far superior to the single player. The storyline is amazing and I can't wait for Halo 3 (which I hear could be released as downloadable content via Xbox Live!) as a possible patch for Halo 2!

That isn't for certain... But back to my point.

The single player function has different difficulty settings. It also has an unlockable mulitplayer map if you don't have Xbox Live! (with which comes the map for free).

Conclusively, it's best to invest in Xbox Live! or have a number of friends who you can play the game with. You'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Wind_777
16th February 2005, 05:21 PM
Hm ya they really cant keep eveyone happy i play live and its great. Or it is untill champ2 comes out (:. That will rock the only problem i have on multi is that weapons are abused and the person with the better weapons wins almost always i die right when i spawn normally in rumble the team that has the snipers normaly wins...

ASL
17th February 2005, 04:18 AM
I just completed halo 2(after a while of pacing myself through the game). Some of my friends have completed it before me, and were saying how the ending is a big let down. i didnt particularly mind, sure the ending came rather abruptly, but it wasnt as bad as people had been saying about it. Also leaving the ending like this preapres you for Halo 3, sort of like wetting your pallet for it.

Besides, Im getting Live soon and I'm sure that it is as amazing as everyone is telling me, so I am going to look forward to kicking some ass on that.

BLORTH
17th February 2005, 11:22 PM
Marathon fans will enjoy the rocket launcher in Halo 2. SPNKR ROCKET anyone? Ring a bell? They have subtle links to their other games. Bungie loves to have little things you gotta find out for yourself.

Either way, I can beat everyone on here still.