PDA

View Full Version : weapons and armor

boominz28
4th May 2006, 09:07 AM
ok i have a question , everyone i see has like 100 or more blackpowder missles abd invisibility shields, but that seems to be it. is it better to have just those items and the rest of your army unarmed, it would make more sense to me to have everyone armed and everyone armored , which one is better? :noidea:

Ady
4th May 2006, 09:33 AM
if you can, only buy the best weapons, there is no point, in my opinion, having 10 Warg's, just buy Black Powder Missiles if you can afford them, if you can't, buy knives and sell them when you have enough!

To be asking this question im guessing you rank is a fairly low one, i have a few officers who have say a 10,000 total fighting force, and they have like 5,000 attack and 5,000 defence soldiers. Trust me, this does nothing for you, its pointless at this stage in the game to have so many men un armed, i would just keep the men you need to hold your weapons, then make the rest spies or sentry, keeping your total fighting force down minimizes attacks on you, but it also gives you a bit of an extra spy/sentry boost.

boominz28
4th May 2006, 10:25 AM
yea i do , but it is growing , i think i went too fast to get 160 men per day , it just seems logical to me to have every trained soldier armed, i do have several big weapons and yesterday had all men armed , i had several hundred long swords, and lances, knives, and even sticks, but everyone is saying just get the big weapons and not worry about the unarmed men

A2H
4th May 2006, 10:42 AM
well actually arming more units helps conserve these units during attacks, so u lose less..
but its cheaper 2 buy more powerfull weapons, for eg its better to buy a BPM with 12000 strength for 850K than 2 chariots with the same 12000 strength both for 900K

and since weapons count a lot more than units... it makes all the difference!

DeathFFD
6th May 2006, 09:44 AM
i would say, as adymon said, its better to buy the best weapons and reasign soldiers 'till everyone has a armor and weapon. u'll get more out of the attacks u make, and the attacks one u won't take as much money as it would before. and as a2h says, it's also cheaper to buy the expensive weapons.

Jungle Hyena
6th May 2006, 06:05 PM
Example on why buying the expensive weapons is cheaper.
This example is for attack weapons:

1 BlackPowderMissile (BPM) = $850,000 = 12,000 Strength
1 Knife = $1,000 = 5 Strength

So you could buy (850,000/1,000) knifes instead of that single BPM. Which would have you buying 850 knifes.

So you have a big part of your army armed. However ...
On Strength: 850 * 5 = 4,250 Strength

So invest $850k in 1 BMP to get 12,000 strength
Or invest $850k in 850 Knifes to get 4,250 strength

The choice is obvious. :rules:

r0b-dog
6th May 2006, 09:49 PM
as long as you get them with weapons and armour to hold that is good.