View Full Version : What's it all about?

24th October 2004, 10:21 AM
hey everyone, arrived here completely by mistake (thru a link from a link) lol

just wanna know what the GUA is about, where the name was from and how i can help out to be a good member etc, ya know

and is my sig ok?

thaaaaank you

25th October 2004, 02:19 PM
Firstly, your sig looks fine. Nothing wrong with a little advertising as long as it's confined to your signature.

As for the name "GiveUpAlready", that story is long forgotten. The original owner left over a year ago, still claming that it "was just a cool name". I know of no reason to doubt that, but legends live on.

I suppose our core is a role play forum, although a lot of members don't participate in that portion of the board at all. Discussion forums exist for topics ranging from Politics to Sports and even Hobbies. Of course, a Miscellaneous section exists for those insanely random threads we all have the need to create from time to time.

The member base, funnily enough, does not have a Role Playing origin. Most have come from the game Kings Of Chaos (www.kingsofchaos.com), for which we host a KoC forum.

I think that's a fairly even overview of the boards. Now welcome to GuA.

25th October 2004, 02:50 PM
^^Great stuff my man, thanks for the briefing of the site history... KoC, i think that's how i made my way here, although the forums looked more interesting to me

Not sure i wanna sign up to KoC coz i dont think i can put the time into a MMORPG atm but i'll check it out some day

*all is good*

26th October 2004, 08:04 AM
you don't have to play KoC to be a 'full' member here. If you don't have time for it then don't play.

But anyways welcome to GUA, look around and I'm sure you will find something you like.

Have fun!