PDA

View Full Version : What's it all about?

davpoke2k
24th October 2004, 10:21 AM
hey everyone, arrived here completely by mistake (thru a link from a link) lol

just wanna know what the GUA is about, where the name was from and how i can help out to be a good member etc, ya know

and is my sig ok?

thaaaaank you

Stephen
25th October 2004, 02:19 PM
Firstly, your sig looks fine. Nothing wrong with a little advertising as long as it's confined to your signature.

As for the name "GiveUpAlready", that story is long forgotten. The original owner left over a year ago, still claming that it "was just a cool name". I know of no reason to doubt that, but legends live on.

I suppose our core is a role play forum, although a lot of members don't participate in that portion of the board at all. Discussion forums exist for topics ranging from Politics to Sports and even Hobbies. Of course, a Miscellaneous section exists for those insanely random threads we all have the need to create from time to time.

The member base, funnily enough, does not have a Role Playing origin. Most have come from the game Kings Of Chaos (www.kingsofchaos.com), for which we host a KoC forum.

I think that's a fairly even overview of the boards. Now welcome to GuA.

davpoke2k
25th October 2004, 02:50 PM
^^Great stuff my man, thanks for the briefing of the site history... KoC, i think that's how i made my way here, although the forums looked more interesting to me

Not sure i wanna sign up to KoC coz i dont think i can put the time into a MMORPG atm but i'll check it out some day

*all is good*

Touch_of_Death
26th October 2004, 08:04 AM
you don't have to play KoC to be a 'full' member here. If you don't have time for it then don't play.

But anyways welcome to GUA, look around and I'm sure you will find something you like.

Have fun!

Greetz