PDA

View Full Version : Movies Hero

Redtigerfang
4th September 2004, 09:51 PM
when i went to see this jet li movie i had heard great thing about it , but when i go there and saw i had to read it ,and the action sense were really short , i was very dissapointed and realized that this would be the first jet li movie i didn't like

Solinari
4th September 2004, 09:58 PM
Appreciate the style. That's what its all about.

Redtigerfang
4th September 2004, 10:15 PM
I thought the plot was alright ,but maybe if it wasn't so short , like if they added a little more action at the end it would have been more entertaining

Dynellen Unholy
5th September 2004, 04:39 AM
Hero had couple of nice action scenes but thatīs about it in my opinion, it was just the same 2-3 scenes again and again by different peoples opinion of what happened each time. I expected something more from the movie..

Doctor Rock
5th September 2004, 05:04 AM
I haven't seen it yet, is it out in Europe already? Cause I only saw the trailer, but it looked good, especially since QT worked on it :D

Jin_the_Legend
5th September 2004, 05:10 AM
You did say it was subtitled right?

Anyways I haven't seen it yet but I heard some of the scenes were beautifully done and it would be a sin NOT to see it on the big screens.

Kakashi69
5th September 2004, 06:16 AM
the movie is more of an art film than actual fighting. very well done imo.

Splat
5th September 2004, 06:26 AM
I heard it was great, I might be seeing it later today. Suprisingly, it actually got pretty good reviews.

Solinari
5th September 2004, 06:32 AM
I heard it was great, I might be seeing it later today. Suprisingly, it actually got pretty good reviews.

That's cause its a great film. Don't let anyone tell you any differet :).

Ganks
5th September 2004, 08:14 AM
the movie was great. though u have to read. it doesnt matter. jet li does a great job and this movie was very well done

NuramII
5th September 2004, 08:16 AM
I'm not planing on seeing Hero. The action scenes look stupid. Like when the whole army shoots arrows at him. And im guessing everyone misses...And i don't like the title. The msot unorginal movie title i heard i think. And i don't liek subtitles...

Ether
5th September 2004, 11:49 AM
lol...we'll see.

I'm going to see it today - in about a half-hour, actually...I'll say what I think about it when I get back.

Nuram, it sounds like you just don't like Kung Fu movies. It's a lot like the old Wu Tang clan movies...with magic and all that fun stuff...

I think the title is cool...I'm surprised that noone's used it until now.

Redtigerfang
5th September 2004, 11:59 AM
The title is right for the movie if you have saw it , than it is right , because he was a hero in ways

Doctor Rock
5th September 2004, 12:27 PM
And im guessing everyone misses

no, he reflects the arrows with his sword ;)

Pustolio
5th September 2004, 03:17 PM
well theres two scenes with arrows shooting like crazy but im telling what happens in the other scene...

anyway, this movie was released in hong kong two years ago the budget being like 30 million dollars. there was this guy named Harvey Weinstein who was from Miramax and he paid 20 million for rights of the movie. but hero almost didnt make it to theaters cuz weinstein kept stalling it for fear of lack of american interest. he planned to cut 20 minutes of the movie out but was convinced by quentin tarentino to show it uncut. this is why tarentino's name appears on the commercials as weintein let made an agreeement. but the director was zhang miyou.

i simply loved the movie, the fight scenes were so beautiful yet action packed. like the costumes as well. my fav fight scene was the first one jet vs. donnie yen. (nameless vs. sky)

Nakean
6th September 2004, 03:18 AM
Did any one see the movie?

I just got back from it a couple of hours ago and I must say it was pretty strange, but I liked it.

For people who dont know what it is, its a movie by Jet Li, and its basically ... a love story, kind of that makes you think... I dunno its hard to undersand

and the funny thing is theres a couple of different stories that are going on, all about the same thing but kind of at a different point of view

Teh merged. - Freddy

Bugga
6th September 2004, 03:58 AM
Im gonna go see it just to see what it's like because i was told it was ment to be alright.

Ganks
6th September 2004, 08:36 AM
i loved the movie, i dont know why people say it has such bad action. There are really good scenes of fighting and kewlness

ArchedEdge
6th September 2004, 08:39 AM
Lol, i bought it on REAL DVD ages ago. It's a pretty decent film. It was made in China or something a while back and they've brought it over here. It's a alright film, nothing special. The plot was decent, but could have benefited from more action scenes.

MindFrame
6th September 2004, 04:41 PM
Hero absoloutely sucked horribly. It was the worst movie Ive seen in a long time, I really hated it, I mean it was okay in the beginning, but they began to show you all sides of the story. It was a load of shit! The fighting dragged on forever! Im sorry, but I seriously disliked this movie, ALOT!

Squidi
6th September 2004, 05:26 PM
That movie was great! Superb! And very well done like how the color would change with each story that was told. And that one scene when Moon and Snow were fighting, and the yellow leaves were swirling around and then they turned yellow to orange to red.... that was cool.

Redtigerfang
6th September 2004, 07:16 PM
I must say that scene i like but i jusdt didn't like hae to speed read just to know what they were saying . it would be different if i could speak cantonese , or something , but i can't sorry

Squidi
6th September 2004, 07:23 PM
What do you mean the fighting dragged on? THERE WASN'T EVEN ENOUGH FIGHTING!!!

edit: and I was speaking to you Mindframe

Ether
6th September 2004, 07:43 PM
Alright, here's a review of sorts.

DO NOT see this movie if you're expecting an action-packed Kung Fu movie. This is a completely different kind of movie, despite what the commercials may have led you to believe.

Also, get ready to do a bit of thinking. The movie was extremely deep...each scene had its own color scheme, and the overall story was excellent...it had a lot of twists and turns in the plot, and keeps you guessing right up until the end...literally.

The movie is spoken in Mandarin, with English subtitles...this isn't a problem, since you forget that you're reading the lines a little ways into the movie.

Yes, it probably is hard to follow if you don't pay attention to the subtitles...they basically tell the story, and if you miss any part of the movie then you may as well either leave and go home or buy another ticket, because you'll lose track of the plot and be completely confused.

In summary...It's NOT an action movie...the fights just go along with the movie. You don't have to speed read...the subtitles don't come at you that fast. The movie is VERY deep...get ready to do some thinking.

Also, for a little fun, watch for the color schemes in all the fights...

ArchedEdge
7th September 2004, 11:12 AM
At times i think it's a bit too slow, but the way the story changes and changes is quite effetive, and i think that has got to be it's high point.