PDA

View Full Version : PHP Template

sunkiller
3rd April 2006, 09:45 PM
Well a couple of friends and I are trying to create a comic/website. We will probably use PHP, though we don't know how to programme it, as of yet.

I asked the computer wizz of the bunch to figure out what we need to ask about.

Here is what he said:

tell them you need a webcomic template with automated update capabilities. dont forget that a news section is a must. and it would be nice to have a forum too. and it would be super nice if it could perform autmatic backups to ftp servers too. by automated update capabilities, i mean we should be able to log into the site as admin, click a box that says 'upload comic' browse our computers for the right file, upload it, and then have the php scripts automagically create a new webpage and updated links in all the other pages. o, and an interface to post to the news section too. and can we do it for free
Or in short:

Webcomic Template, with automated update (log into as admin and browes PC for pic and have the PHP script make the "new site" with updated links)
News Section
Forum
Automatic back up to one of our FTPs
Free or very little price
We're going for something like the Penny-Arcade or Ctrl-Alt-Del Comic PHP style.

Any help would be nice.

whirlwind
5th April 2006, 10:12 AM
Thats a simple enough content manager to make.. to make something simple would take about 5/6 hours, depending how much you're willing to pay... if you want any help pm me.

Carnage
5th April 2006, 05:15 PM
use phpbb for the forum, its free and easy to use even if its somewhat lacking features there are lots of mods/addons