PDA

View Full Version : Armory viewing problem

__cp
18th February 2006, 08:40 AM
Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems with armory page on no ie browsers. It's incomplete - i can see only the part with selling stuff, statistics - i can't buy or upgrade anything. It's weird, because it was all right two days ago. I'm using Opera browser, i've checked it with mozilla and firefox with the same result. IE display that page correctly, but i'm linux user ;)

My final question is, if Koc is compatible with non IE browsers ?

Regards

Jayson
18th February 2006, 10:35 AM
KOC is compatible with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. (And probably opera but I haven't used that Internet Web Browser)

Since it seems to be stuffing up on multiple browsers I suspect that the problem is not to do with the browser you are using. I use to get a problem where I couldn't load pages completely because my internet speed simply couldn't handle it. (I used 28.8k internet) If you are using a slow internet connection then perhaps that is the problem!

__cp
18th February 2006, 11:06 AM
Hi,

My internet connection is fine, I think - it's a lan connection trough adsl. I'm really curious about this thing - i've listed source of this page and apparently there is whole content there. In some reason my browsers aren't processing it correctly :(

Any idea ?

Xull
18th February 2006, 02:52 PM
I recently had that problem... yesterday to be exact. I avoid linux... most unixes have issues when I use them <_< ah but well, when there isn't anything better to use, something is (usually) better than nothing
anyway, it was also on linux - with netscape though.
(netscape/opera/mozilla/firefox should all have similar issues depending on the rederer)
They were using netscape 4.7 or something where I was... dun remember, not worth checking :P (yes... they have outdated stuff there)
I noticed the ads were missing too... I figured frames were disabled, and maybe it was messing up the rest of the page... Other times I was on a computer that would display it correctly.

Anyway thats all I can suggest really... check your settings.

As for compatability with non-ie browsers... they have a get firefox (http://images.kingsofchaos.com/safer.gif) icon on the page :p
oh and the help page says viewed best in firefox or something on that order :rolleyes:

__cp
18th February 2006, 04:12 PM
Ok, there was a problem with connecting to "http://ads.realtechnetwork.net..." Fortunately it's in javascript part of page - so i've simply turned off this feature and it's working now..

Thanks for your advices. About linux.. it's just a piece of software, imo - quite reliable and logical in good hands ;) Last thing - about compatibility - I can read ;) I was just wondering if it's compatible - in practice..

Regards

Xull
18th February 2006, 04:52 PM
Ok, there was a problem with connecting to "http://ads.realtechnetwork.net..." Fortunately it's in javascript part of page - so i've simply turned off this feature and it's working now..Odd... it was their ad that was incompatible?
error i'm guessing then? cuz gecko often isn't the most forgiving parser :P
the armory page seems to be the page that causes the most errors for people :rolleyes:

Thanks for your advices. About linux.. it's just a piece of software, imo - quite reliable and logical in good hands ;) Last thing - about compatibility - I can read ;) I was just wondering if it's compatible - in practice..Yup... as with everything. To each his/her own, whatever works. I have several friends who like linux ;)
Though I'd have to say i've seen linux (debian) crash more often than my (windows) computer :P
some times I wish one of the viruses for linux would infect their system... force them to redo the system (and hopefully upgrade it)

__cp
18th February 2006, 05:21 PM
I've tested the armory page with w3 validator.. there is about 100 errors or warnings. Most of them aren't so important, but I think parser could be confused by some of them. Just for example:

Error Line 217 column 10: end tag for "FORM" omitted, but its declaration does not permit this.

</table>

Info Line 207 column 2: start tag was here.

<form action="armory.php" method="post">
Error Line 217 column 10: end tag for "TABLE" which is not finished.

</table>

But I can understand that it's not obligatory to pass that kind of test ;)

Regards

Xull
18th February 2006, 07:32 PM
Thought i'd run it past ie6's validator...

Error 1 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'marginwidth' is not a valid attribute of element 'body'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 63 54 Miscellaneous Files
Error 2 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'marginheight' is not a valid attribute of element 'body'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 63 70 Miscellaneous Files
Error 6 Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 375 3 Miscellaneous Files
Error 7 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Text is not allowed between the opening and closing tags for element tr'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 101 4 Miscellaneous Files
Error 11 Cannot switch views: This end tag has no matching start tag. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 135 95 Miscellaneous Files
Error 12 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'table' cannot be nested within element 'p'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 139 4 Miscellaneous Files
Error 13 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'center' cannot be nested within element 'p'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 153 6 Miscellaneous Files
Error 14 Cannot switch views: Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Attribute 'alt' can be specified only once in a tag. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 159 132 Miscellaneous Files
Error 15 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'noscript' cannot be nested within element 'p'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 173 4 Miscellaneous Files
Error 16 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'center' is missing its closing tag. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 181 3 Miscellaneous Files
Error 18 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'form' cannot be nested within element 'table'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 216 2 Miscellaneous Files
Error 19 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'tr' cannot be nested within element 'form'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 217 2 Miscellaneous Files
Error 20 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'table' cannot be nested within element 'p'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 227 2 Miscellaneous Files
Error 22 Validation (Internet Explorer 6): Element 'center' cannot be nested within element 'p'. C:\Documents and Settings\Xull\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\~mso1457A.htm 364 2 Miscellaneous Files

Thats just the home page... so ie has issues with the site's coding too :P would be nice if they at least made it to work by w3 standards :rolleyes: