PDA

View Full Version : programming for KoC

Hacker-X
14th February 2006, 04:17 PM
I'd like to code something to help the players, of my clan, who play Kings of Chaos. In order to maintain what I code I ask that it be legal. I want whatever you suggest to be a fresh, unique idea to help KoC players. I know PHP/MySQL, and I have been using HTML for 5 years. I also can code in PHP, and only a slight bit in Visual Basic.

One idea that has been mentioned: A database driven KoC archive, of spy, sentry, attack and defence rating, rank, and treasury. This system would allow users to post information about the KoC user and then store it in a database, then update the information when someone posts a new report.

Please suggest anything that will help KoC players, something other than a recruiter, or a ranktracker.

Phyrus
14th February 2006, 10:30 PM
ive verified with Rocco (KOC admin) to see whether this is legal or not, he says it is in comparison to the current game rules, so ill let this continue.

Killer-Rival
17th February 2006, 05:30 AM
If you want, I could give you my user_info.lib.php (http://www.koc.ionws.com/signatures) file, so that rank, army size, and all that are automaticaly up to date.

Ardvarkbob
29th March 2006, 10:10 PM
haha, I made one of those koc sig things too! I can't come up with good ideas on my own, so I just make crappier versions of what everyone else did. I'll give you the source code for mine, but you may need to know a little php to adjust it to your site, size and images.
http://ralsmi.freeownhost.com/code/kocsig.txt

Just so you know, I'm pretty bad at php, I never read a tutorial. I just googled whatever I needed to know. I learned sockets before I learned about validating user input >_>;;

And I just realized, you could use file_get_contents() for the link, then use a preg_match_all() with /<td>(.*)<\/>/ as the regex pattern, and all the info you need would be stored into an array. That would replace like 40 lines of code, but its less fun. :/

paz
23rd April 2006, 01:28 PM
and make it legal !