PDA

View Full Version : Guild’s of Sartera recruitment thread - until 22/10

Bad_Kharma
15th October 2004, 07:07 AM
Angrynewb, make the first one ... and yes, I am to lazy to spell your name right

Angryn3wb
15th October 2004, 02:20 PM
Karma, sorry about the rude PM but I am not full of curtsy as you well already know. How hard is the extra reach for the three?

Well, I would have to hold the shift button and strain my finger to hit that three. Like I said, I'm too lazy to do that - BK

Why did this have seven veiws before I posted? Honestly.

Guilds of Sartera

What this guild is...
This is a fighters clan. We Fight, We War, We Conquest.
I did not want to go all out on this, as it takes to long to write and read. apologies for those who expected more(or less).

(Known History)
Clipping from: “Great Disappearances Of An Age” -As Written by an unnamed Monk Of The Steady Flame
“....most faceless were hunted down and killed, simply for being faceless. The few that survived, survived by being the best at what they did. Which was survive and above all else kill. Though sheer force of numbers was against them. Once of the eldest students, remembered his master meeting with the top elementalists of his time. While, hundreds of years ago, he doubted people so powerful had died out. The searched out three yet only found one, a Tera Corrint. She was having issues of her own. The elementalist was being badgered daily by fools that had requests upon her great power. After a few days of chatting, armies were notified that the faceless had stopped moving. Finally, the last traces of the remaining faceless armies, Tera Corrint and a thousand of her best students disappeared in the middle of the night. Amazingly just a week before the armies of Brakhaven and the Knights of Darkness converged on the position they were said to inhabit...”

Clipping’s from: “Mysteries of the Magus: Corrint, Salko, and Prodi.” -As Written by an unnamed Monk Of The Steady Flame

“...a phenomena that startles many philosophers today is the fact that three great magicians of untold power, all suffered mysterious deaths or disappearances...”

“Master Prodi, of the Prodi guild of the Stars, was found dead...” “...[with his] hands removed, pinned to the wall by his own magical daggers. It is said Prodi used these daggers for all of his spell casting, like wands, be it mundane or...”

“Salko, Salko, Salko. What is there to say about the man who hasn’t been said? The man was a...” “...preferred orderly magic, and was known to be extremely careful. While performing an experiment with unknown chemicals...” “...ultimately he was found dead with shattered chunks of glass lodged in his throat and chest, suffering no bleeding wounds...” “... the most interesting fact about Salko’s case? He did not die of the wounds, as they were not fatal, while a completely healthy- if elderly...” “...shock, is the said case of his death, as if he were so surprised that even he could make a mistake.”

“Corrint, was considered the most powerful female elementalist of her time...” “...[she] was more than a magician, she stopped many wars, and helped many common people that most of her contemporaries thought beneath them...” “...thought generous it is rumored to be her end. She disappeared one night without a trace, it is generally believed some man came to her door and claimed his son was sick, yet had ulterior motives...” “...several clans are Anti-Magic, it is said they killed her and quietly disposed of the body...

“The only thing that links these three magicians is there odd disappearances or deaths, and there studies in the realms of teleportaion...”

(Unknown History)
Historiesp - As Written by an unnamed Scholar of Simplicity.
The Sarteran Five: A mock up of five leaders from the faceless lifestyle. The Four Guilds, and that of the common people.
Sartera- A planet, single in its solar system. Completely covered in blackened sand. 13 moons.

Sartera City- Under the masses of sand, there cavern, and a single freshwater ocean. The ocean is vast, but is interrupted several times but large flat islands, suitable for growing things. Upon the largest of the island is built a city, made from the sand above, heated to a durable stone. Built by the Scholars of Simplicity, there are also several enchantments on the roof of the cavern (though thousands of feet from the highest building in the city and the islands. These give light and allow plants to grow, so there may be a ready food supply.

The Purging- Massive wars conducted against the faceless who returned to power.

Guild Histories - As Written by an unnamed Scholar of Simplicity. (in order from least populated to most)
General:
Each guild will have its own small skill set based off of WIN / LOSS record. This is to keep people active. You are not active, you aren’t as strong.

The Scholars of Simplicity:
When Corrint agreed to transfer the faceless, in exchanges for protection, she brought hundreds of her students with her. These students copied the ideals and philosophies of the faceless as the generations grew on. Corrint and her students began studying abstract magics; magics deeper in that of portal creation, disappearance, and protection. In the end, the Scholars of Simplicity took on roles that of a completely Spartanistic society as the rest of the main faceless guilds. They spelled the moons of the planet, which each serve a different purpose. Some stop seismic activity, keeping the cavern stable and the ocean sound, others stop technologically advanced civilizations to detect the planet, let alone life on it when they near.

The Faceless:
Traditionalists. After the fall of the faceless society in one world, the remaining powerful faceless wished to live in peace, seeking out the for-founders of the Scholars of simplicity they found a way to come to Sartera. The only group of the five that travels regularly from the safety of the planet (though using a scholar to open portals) to other planets to bring the things needed, or to see how the world has progressed without them. The Faceless, being the least concerned with material possessions take on a ‘priest’ like role.

The Kaiden:
Not all faceless could get where they needed and kill who they needed with the traditional faceless mock ups and weapons. Those that mastered the arts of the faceless, and that of killing with bear hands were called the Kaiden. Throughout the wars with Brakhaven they began taking specialized positions within the faceless ranks, almost never donning the mask and cane. After the great migration, the Kaiden began perfecting their own arts, and became a guild unto them selves, equal of power within the rest of Sartera.

The Defectors:
During the wars of Brakhaven, guards needed to be paid off so that faceless could kill as needed. These guards were soon to be found out, and set to be executed. The faceless fond of loyalty, started saving such members and using them in the wide scale battles during the purging. Soon, soldiers from other armies defected and became the main force, with the faceless performing acts of subterfuge. These forces make up the sole police force of Sartera. They are not masked, nor wield traditional faceless weapons. Yet they practice Spartanism as much as any other guild.

The Workers Class: (Not an official guild, cannot role-play as a PC)
The workers class are those who farm and fish for the rest of the faceless. Making up the majority of the population, they seek to become other members of the faceless society. While they are not slaves, they have limited rights and are looked down upon by those considered of a higher station.

Class Skills: This is general due to the fact I don’t want to write them all right now.
Scholars: ‘Portal’ and ‘Simplify’ spell-sets. (will post skill set later)
Faceless: Mimicry.
Kaiden: Touches of Kaiden (see ‘Contractor Jaycen’ Search “kaiden” You will find the skill set.)
Defectors: Mood and weapons Enhancement. (open for suggestions)

Alignment: All, we accept all people. Yet all members of Sartera are healthy and strong. There are no weaklings.

NPCs: Will be posting NPC's such as Corrint (yes she is still alive) and others for roleplaying purposes.

Current members, (alphabetical order so I can put NOX last, lol)
Ace_of_Spades
Angryn3wb
Anubis
IwishIknew (Taggerung)
Marushia
Morrigan
Nox

Ace_of_Spades
15th October 2004, 02:51 PM
This seems sound to me. Well alot of you know little of my style from what I can tell, so mark me down for Kaiden. By they way you are going ot be teaching this stuff right, or do we get to make our own sets of skills?

Anyway, this is very good, I don't, as myself, see anything that I would change. I hope this goes well.

Angryn3wb
15th October 2004, 03:09 PM
I will teach it, or you can just aquire it. If there is an issue of understanding a skill or a spell then I will teach it out of the faceless training thread.

To gain the skill you will have to have a certin win record in spars with other clans. I will write it up later and post it in charecter creation.

Nox
15th October 2004, 03:43 PM
As you might have already guessed, I will be using my character, Nox (http://www.freewebs.com/noxxy/), while in this clan. I am requesting that I be a member of the Kaiden guild, as Nox himself does not use any weaponss at all and therefore would fit into the category.

The spell sets I have no trouble with, but I am guessing we're all equal here except for Angryn3wb, and the five guild leaders. Anyhow, I am ready so we will wait out the period that we must before we can be official. But once we are, expect me to be very demanding ;).

Morrigan
15th October 2004, 03:45 PM
Bleh, My assassin will be Faceless, but you cant have the profile yet! It is not complete.

Angryn3wb
15th October 2004, 03:59 PM
There will be four inc guild leaders, one for each main guild. One of which doens't nessicarily mean me, as I can roleplay either the faceless slot or the workers class.

Why? This allows for there to be someone with authorization to speak online as much as possible, as well as continue the quests, ffa's and such while the others are not so active. I thoguht it through, because in PotU on the last board, Monkee(co-leader) went inactive and it killed the clan about three days after conception.

Nox, read Sartera City up there, and you will see the awnser to your question.
Answer* Also I would ask since you are a little lizard you be the Scholar, Kaiden skill set requires humanoid form.

Nox
15th October 2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks Angryn3wb. So it's a beach kind of thing, or a desert-waterland? How are the politics there made, because if it's a command government or mixed, perhaps even unofficially governed.

Angryn3wb
15th October 2004, 04:19 PM
Everything is run by the council, which run there own organizations.
The council is voted in by their party and are equal in power, but make the decisions for the rest of the population.

It is underground, on a beach, sand would be converted into building, so its all stone and farmland down there.

DragonLord
15th October 2004, 05:24 PM
This is very, very impressive N3wb. I look forward to seeing this clan fight and die and war in the BA. It will be my honour to moderate any clan battles you desire to be fought. Good luck with this old man, don't let it die.

Marushia
15th October 2004, 07:24 PM
Hmm, some of the stuff was a bit confusing. To my understanding, all of them can fight, but all are peace-bound. Is that correct? Hmm, I'll PM you the rest of what I have to say.

Bad_Kharma
16th October 2004, 08:34 AM
Angry, might I advise you get your members to post here so I can see that there are seven people in here and not only discuss the clan and the way it is going to work. Otherwise, I would have to shut this clan down and yes I realise you still have 6 days, I'm just saying

Anubis
16th October 2004, 09:32 AM
Anubis reporting for duty. Character unfinished.

iwishiknew
16th October 2004, 01:26 PM
Yea angry has been pestering me to join and it sounds interesting so count me in.

Angryn3wb
16th October 2004, 02:53 PM
Preview of what is too come.

index
Faceless
Skill / Requirement
Sartera Tongue / No Wins
Mimic of Spells / One Win
Full Body Mimic / Five Wins
Mimic Imprint / Seven Wins
Specific Appendage Mimic (ina) / Eleven Wins
Specific Appendage Mimic (ani) / Thirteen Wins

Kaiden
Skill / Requirement
Sartera Tongue / No Wins
Pain / Two Wins
Dislocation / Four Wins
Paralysis / Six Wins
Specific Appendage Mimic (ina) / Eight Wins
Unconscious / Eleven Wins
Kill Points / Thirteen Wins

Scholars of Simplicity
Skill / Requirement
Sartera Tongue / No Wins
Ring of Ash / No Wins
Shield / One Wins
Ash Needle / Three Wins
Skew / Five Wins
Cone / Seven Wins
Portal / Nine Wins
Reach / Eleven Wins
Simplify / Thirteen Wins

The Defectors
Equipment / Abilities / Requirement
None / Sartera Tongue / No Wins
Hammer / Blacksmithing / No Wins
Leather Armor / Perception / No Wins
Greaves / Strength / One Win
Sleeves / Strength / One Win
Axe / Bleeding x2 / Two Wins
Tower Shield / Deflection / Two Wins
Chainmail / Detection / Three Wins
Mjollnir / Return / Four Wins
Plate Mail / Awe / Five Wins

1 Faceless
Sartera Tongue:
Language is a funny thing, most languages can be deciphered because they are similar to other languages. Early on, the faceless knew that they would need to be able to speak in code when they left the safety of the planet. At first they changed consonant sounds and rearranged sentence structure in a complex way that took years to learn. The language though, only spoken by the faceless was deciphered by the Kaiden. The faceless then saw that it would take a while to learn, it could still be picked up on due to similar sounds. Working together with the scholars and Kaiden they made an entirely new language, where these problems were not an issue.
Index

2Mimicry of Spells:
The mimicry of spells is the most basic mimicry skill. While copying spells of someone else is possible by a faceless, it can become difficult if the person has a tight mind. It is rarely done, as faceless tend not to trust magic. Yet, in spite of this extremely powerful faceless who ‘knows’ someone can do a spell, can copy said spell only if said person is present. Also a faceless can only copy a spell if their cane is in its basic form.
Index

3Full Body Mimic:
A mime cannot mimic an animal and become it, because as faceless that is not their skill. Their skill is to become more like someone else or take the traits of other things. Mimicking is tricking the Faceless’s own mind into believing something that isn’t true. This allows them to take on appearances of other things... but only slightly. They can take the ‘trait’ of a bird, such as hallow bones, and allow your self to jump further. Or they can mimic the winds to make your self less substantial so weapons dont work as well on them. They can mimic the scenery to make your self virtually invisible. The possibilities are boundless. This type of mimic is extremely easy.
Index

4Mimic Imprint:
The faceless have the ability to imprint there emotions and feelings into the location that they are in. This is vitally important to recognize because mimicry is largely based off of the mind. If they imprint the ground with the image that they are mimicking the image will stay there. Generally their victims will become confused. And not realize that the faceless has gotten up and moved away to plan there next attack.
Index

5Specific Appendage Mimic (ina):
To change a body part from one thing into another is a blissful power. The most common usage is to change of your arm from just below the elbow into a blade. The first of three often used this as his secondary weapon when he used the scorpion stance, since he didn’t carry a weapon with him to counter a frontal assault. When both arms are the same morph you can do whirlwind and hurricane w/o being in a specific stance. (The same basic rules apply see, hear, taste or smell)
Index

6Specific Appendage Mimic (ani):
To change a body part into a whole new creature now that is a skill aspired for and lusted for by all of the Faceless. It is indeed a difficult bit of concentration, and takes a fair bit of time. But once this art is mastered you could change your arm into a snake, which could take chunks from your enemies or change your eye into a bird to get a better view on things.
Index

7 Kaiden
Sartera Tongue
Language is a funny thing, most languages can be deciphered because they are similar to other languages. Early on, the faceless knew that they would need to be able to speak in code when they left the safety of the planet. At first they changed consonant sounds and rearranged sentence structure in a complex way that took years to learn. The language though, only spoken by the faceless was deciphered by the Kaiden. The faceless then saw that it would take a while to learn, it could still be picked up on due to similar sounds. Working together with the scholars and Kaiden they made an entirely new language, where these problems were not an issue.
Index

8 Pain
Name: First Touch of Pain
Target: Armpit
Description: Causes elbow to jerk into side.

Name: Second Touch of Pain
Target: Inside of Elbow
Description: Causes arm to clench up and hand to slam into chest. (Effective against edged weapon users)

Name: Third Touch of Pain
Target: Bottom of Wrist (palm side)
Description: Cause a hand to unclench.

Name: Forth Touch of Pain
Target: Achilles tendon
Description: Squeezing the Tendon
Index

9 Dislocation
Name: First Touch Of Dislocation
Target: Just above the breast on the shoulder
Description: A deep finger thrust in the shoulder, popping the shoulder from its socket.

Name: Second Touch Of Dislocation
Target: Palm of Hand
Description: Right location on palm, dislocate fingers.

Name: Third Touch Of Dislocation
Target: Above Jaw
Description: Pop Jaw from its socket on one side.
Index

10 Paralysis
Name: First Touch of Paralysis
Target: Large bone on spinal cord between the shoulder blades.
Description: Shuts down operations of the arms temporarily.

Name: Second Touch of Paralysis
Target: Halfway down on lower back
Description: Shuts down operations of the legs temporarily.

11Specific Appendage Mimic (ina)
To change a body part from one thing into another is a blissful power. The most common usage is to change of your arm from just below the elbow into a blade. The first of three often used this as his secondary weapon when he used the scorpion stance, since he didn’t carry a weapon with him to counter a frontal assault. When both arms are the same morph you can do whirlwind and hurricane w/o being in a specific stance. (The same basic rules apply see, hear, taste or smell)
Index

12 Unconscious
Name: First Touch Of Unconscious
Target: Below the ear, behind the Jaw.
Description: Depending on pressure applied it is possible to shut down the side of the body where the touch of Kaiden is applied, it is temporary only lasting few seconds. While the effect is extremely temporary, if enough pressure is applied it can cause a person to fall.

Name: Second Touch Of Unconscious
Target: Temple
Description: Temporary shut down of brain.

Target: Between the Eyes
Index

13 Kill Points
Name: Final Touch of Kaiden
Target: Just below the breastbone, a strike to the diaphragm
Description: Restricts breathing, causing a slow painful death as the person can no longer draw breath.

Name: Final Dark Touch of Kaiden
Target: Right shoulder, neck.
Description: Clenching a vein closed the brain fills with blood, first causing head-aches, blood red eyes, and blood dripping painfully from ears until the person just dies.
Index

14 Scholars of Simplicity
Sartera Tongue
Index

15Rings of Ash
When a magus becomes on for the simplistic art it is known to all. It is known to all by a spell placed down by Corrint on the first day they began teraforming the planet. When a one becomes a scholar they place their hands on stone-bowl altars. In the bowls there is living black ash. The ash entwines around the fingers of both hands until they begin spinning only around the fingers of one hand. When the Scholar lifts their hands from the bowls a small amount of ash continues to whirl around the fingers of one hand.
Index

16Shield
The ring of ash expands around the palm and each of the fingertips, creating a black disk. Spells, which touch this disk, travel through the small portal into space. Physical matter moving through this portal, be it living or non-living remains ethereal while in the portal, once removed returns to normal.
Index

17Ash Needle
A small rigid bit of ash, about the size of a need, when it makes contact it portals a bit of what its touching into space then the ash returns to the rings.
Index

18Skew
The ash floats to an enemy and swirls in front of their eyes, causing them to lose a great deal of visibility. Before it returns to the hand it lurches at the enemies eyes has a chance of damaging them, then speeds back to the hand.
Index

19Cone
A cone of ash, which can be used to amplify or reduce a spell.
Index

20Portal
Three balls of ash leave the hand and begin to absorb light, they are placed equal distance apart in a triangle form. Two resting on the ground, one above the Scholars head, all roughly two steps forward. The remaining ash on his hand glows, and he walks through the shape, each step becoming more difficult until his enchanted hand is of equal distance from the others. This three-dimensional shape is the most stable structure known, so it is the safest way to portal from one point to another.
Index

21Reach
The Scholar makes a small portal to a desired location, just big enough for their hand. Living tissue remains solid while passing through the portal, but objects grabbed this way become ethereal for a few moments upon passing through.
Index

22Simplify
Ball the ash and throw it at a spell. The ash travels tot he center of the spell, then spreads out like a nova. It breaks down spells into their most basic forms spreading the spells into thousands of tiny fractions of themselves until they are harmless.
Index

Defectors
Don’t want to spoil the surprise of it with an unfinished set.
There will be descriptions of armors and weapons,
As well as abilities for each item, passive and non-passive.

Index

iwishiknew
16th October 2004, 03:17 PM
What is teh Vb code for that?

Also since I am using Bob is there anything I should know before chosing a fraction?

Kumashin
16th October 2004, 03:20 PM
Angry has asked, and I have been honored to accept and join. Course it would've been nice to let me the thread was open ;)

Count me in, Kaiden. Is Kumashin usauble, if not I make a new char.

Angryn3wb
16th October 2004, 04:30 PM
Hmm.. Well, the class you pick you are only allowed to gan those skills,

Each guild has a differnt leader
Kaiden: Anubis
Scholars: Nox
Faceless: N3wb
Defectors: None

Each leader gets the honor of deciding how the members underthem are aranged. I simply am going to be Zelig, so I am the leader. And the rest under me will be members of the guild, nothing special.

SoS: For mainly magic
Kaiden or Faceless: Just a personality thing. Immature vs Mature, where was immature has teadly touches and mature like there big knives.
Defectors: Big Guys, like vikings. So You guys choose.

Marushia
16th October 2004, 04:37 PM
What is teh Vb code for that?

Simple, take the url of that particular post (displayed after you post) and set that as the url in a url tag like this:

{url=http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=60891}Index{/url}

(replace {} with []) to get:

Index (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=60891)

Also since I am using Bob is there anything I should know before chosing a fraction?

The word I believe you're looking for is faction and everything you need to know has been posted.

Okay, after talking to Angryn3wb via PM, I have decided that I'm in, though I'm not sure whether I want to join The Faceless or The Scholars of Simpicity.

iwishiknew
16th October 2004, 04:48 PM
Marushia that code makes a pop-up.

Also Let me be teh defecters leader if you will

Ace_of_Spades
16th October 2004, 04:52 PM
Hey AngryN3wb are we going to be able to challenge the leaders, and I assume that acquiring these abilities inquires we win fights.

iwishiknew
16th October 2004, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't mind fighting someone, as long as they are up to fighting my noob Gamma user and it is in a few days

Angryn3wb
16th October 2004, 05:23 PM
Click the quote button for the code. Thats what anubis made me do to learn it.

yes, you can challenge the leaders. Wins is won spars vs other clans. We have a few days (Fice I belive) to continue to prepare. I am writing the skill sets. You all should be decididng what faction to join.

iwishiknew
16th October 2004, 05:56 PM
I hate you...........

What will leaders have to do that other, normal members doun't, other then arrange how they are situated?

Angryn3wb
16th October 2004, 06:24 PM
Bring in new memebrs, take control of the quests when others arent around. Make sure that the memebrs below them are not godmoding even accidently with the powerful skills of the guild.

Then again: you get the pride of being leader, the power to tell others what to do, the ability to nagotiate wars with other clans, and personally gripe to me about the skills and how they should be better so there clan can be better.

Also I will be initateing three objects.

Object (a)

Object (b)

Object (c)

They will be distributed to the guild with, most wins (a), most losses (b), and most members (c). They will be nothing more then bragging rights and ragging rights inside the clan. I hope that I will never have to give the (b) to a guild, and that the faceless will hold the (a). So, don't let me down on the black cup, and prove me wrong on the (a).

-Angry

iwishiknew
16th October 2004, 06:37 PM
Well let me try my hand and commanding the Defecters then would ya?

Anubis
16th October 2004, 06:40 PM
Lead, obviously. Join, join, join, man. Recruit!

Okay, while I'm at it, here's how the coding works (replace { with [, etc.):

{iurl=#&}{/iurl}
In there, replace "&" with whatever you want... it can be a number, a set of numbers, a word, just about anything. Predictably, in-between the tags is what everyone else sees as a hyperlink-type thing.

Then:
{bookmark}&{/bookmark}
In there, the & is whatever you put in the IRL tags. When you click on the link of the IRL tags, it takes you to this place. If you think about what a bookmark is, these are predictably bookmarks of a web page.

Check the code of my Anubis profile for more information.

Nox
16th October 2004, 06:44 PM
Considering that we need all this done in a periond of six days, I will create the ranks for the Scholars of Simplicity now.1Ranks for the Scholars of Simplcity

Nox will manually promote members of the guild according to his judgment. All in this guild will answer to Zelig when he calls upon them. Commanding position means command over the Scholars of Simplicity, and only when Zelig is not present or any other guild leaders.

Leader: The current leader of the guild is Nox (http://www.freewebs.com/noxxy/). The leader has power over all the ranks, and whenever present is always in the commanding position within the guild. Often called for business and meetings, the leader still joins in combat.

Ambassador: The leader's personal assistant. Has power to command all the ranks below him/her, and can replace the leader on occasions when the leader is not able to partake.

Overlord: Nobles to the Scholars of Simplicity, often are wise and experienced. Can command mediocrits (&Below) and may take the commanding position in a group when the ambassador or leader is not present.

High Mage: Can command underlings, but may not take the commanding position in a group. They are skilled mages with both wisdom and grace, they are often appointed tedious tasks but are almost always requested for when in combat.

Mediocrits: No commanding abilities yet, they are often servants to the overlords performing tasks that they require and joining them on conquests.

Underling: The lowest rank in the guild, their stance in the guild is very important and they are often treated as rookies. A guild requires recruits to function, and because of this the underlings are very important to the guild's operation.

iwishiknew
16th October 2004, 07:26 PM
I will create names and tehn descriptions later, as long as yall like my name

Leader
Second Leader
Final Warrior
War-Lord
Warrior
Second Recruit
Shade

Angryn3wb
16th October 2004, 09:50 PM
iwishIknew- you can lead, but if you are challenged you must fight or give it up.

Also I see no problems with the ranks save ONE. if every Guild has four memebers that is 16 members. 16 was what I was thinking the clan was going to be MAX. So 8 positions is a little excessive. You need to think along the lines of 1/4 a real clan.

Also: Challenge Battles will be a max of 7 posts each (Each participant so 14 total), and will be judged by the other three guild leaders. That makes sense to me.

Any arguements?

Anubis
16th October 2004, 09:58 PM
To maintain awesomeness, the judging posts should include in-character stuff. Like each guild leader that can will make a single post ASAP, and then you'll do the final whatevers.

iwishiknew
17th October 2004, 06:31 AM
By that do you mean post in the thread before the fight begins and then edit the post with a a blow by post critique?

Also how about these ranks

Leader
Second Recruit
Warrior
Shade

Morrigan
17th October 2004, 07:03 AM
Also: Challenge Battles will be a max of 7 posts each (Each participant so 14 total), and will be judged by the other three guild leaders. That makes sense to me.

I’m going to disagree. Because, at one point in time I’m going to probably try to spar you for the Faceless rank. Yet, the problem is… What about people being fond to you in the voting, because you are the leader and want to be on your side. At least one person will always do it. I feel that the lower ranks should get their chance to vote too, seeing that they aren’t in much power and probably won’t lean towards one or the other. Yet, the lower ranks will probably pick the person who is not as good to raise their chances to be leader. So the lower ranks of every other guild should get to vote TOO. Meaning everyone has their own fair amount of power when it comes to voting. Another thing is, three votes keeps it quick and easy. So I have mixed thoughts here.

Oh, BTW, the last Faceless skill rocks. My character is also going to be able to cause spikes to form from the body. How I don’t know, but still… yay…

Anubis
17th October 2004, 08:12 AM
Yet, the problem is… What about people being fond to you in the voting, because you are the leader and want to be on your side. If it happens, I'll see it. If I think the leader's getting favoritism, I'll challenge it. Needless to say, though, the challenger would have to be pretty good, as he would have to end up beating Angryn3wb at his own game. Typically, you usually don't challenge the leader of the clan for OOC purposes, and the fact that they usually can't be beaten too easily.

Angryn3wb
17th October 2004, 08:43 AM
Well, the other leaders judge it. Which are Iwish, Anubis, and Nox. I know Anubis was/is a T'L mod and doesnt show favortism. Nox always talked to me telling me to crank down peoples scores, reguardless of who they were. I don't know *Iwish very well, but I think he is rather level headed.

Oh, BTW, the last Faceless skill rocks. My character is also going to be able to cause spikes to form from the body. How I don’t know, but still… yay…

There was a skill like that, but after about I roleplayed it I realized how rediculous it was and made that the basis for Ri'Daezan (the morikia race.) but, once you get to that point, realize this: Your physical appearence doesn't change. Yet your arm moves like a snake and has a snake head. How cheap would a big spike be?

Also, the portion below is the FINISHED skill sets, any arguements, questions, or suggestions should be made in this thread or through pms. Tomarrow I post it in Charecter information.

-----

index
Faceless
Skill / Requirement
Sartera Tongue / No Wins
Mimic of Spells / One Win
Full Body Mimic / Five Wins
Mimic Imprint / Seven Wins
Specific Appendage Mimic (ina) / Eleven Wins
Specific Appendage Mimic (ani) / Thirteen Wins

index1
Kaiden
Skill / Requirement
Sartera Tongue / No Wins
Silver Bracelet / One Win
Pain / Two Wins
Dislocation / Four Wins
Paralysis / Six Wins
Gold Bracelet / Seven Wins
Specific Appendage Mimic (ina) / Eight Wins
Unconscious / Eleven Wins
Kill Points / Thirteen Wins

index2
Scholars of Simplicity
Skill / Requirement
Sartera Tongue / No Wins
Ring of Ash / No Wins
Shield / One Wins
Ash Needle / Three Wins
Skew / Five Wins
Cone / Seven Wins
Portal / Nine Wins
Reach / Eleven Wins
Alter / Thirteen wins
Simplify / Fifteen Wins

index3
The Defectors
Equipment / Abilities / Requirement
Sartera Tongue / No Wins
Hammer / No Wins
Leather Armor / One Win
Greaves / Two Wins
Sleeves / Two Wins
Axe / Three Wins
Chainmail / Five Wins
Tower Shield / Seven Wins
Plate Mail / Ten Wins
Helm / Eleven Wins
Mjollnir / Thirteen Wins
Soldiers Pay / Fifteen Wins

Stones
Stone / Cost
Red or Green / One Wins
Blue or Red or Green / Three Wins
Blue or Red or Green / Five Wins
Black / Nine Wins
White / Eleven Wins

1 Faceless
Sartera Tongue:
Index

2Mimicry of Spells:
The mimicry of spells is the most basic mimicry skill. While copying spells of someone else is possible by a faceless, it can become difficult if the person has a tight mind. It is rarely done, as faceless tend not to trust magic. Yet, in spite of this extremely powerful faceless who ‘knows’ someone can do a spell, can copy said spell only if said person is present. Also a faceless can only copy a spell if their cane is in its basic form.
Index

3Full Body Mimic:
A mime cannot mimic an animal and become it, because as faceless that is not their skill. Their skill is to become more like someone else or take the traits of other things. Mimicking is tricking the Faceless’s own mind into believing something that isn’t true. This allows them to take on appearances of other things... but only slightly. They can take the ‘trait’ of a bird, such as hallow bones, and allow your self to jump further. Or they can mimic the winds to make your self less substantial so weapons dont work as well on them. They can mimic the scenery to make your self virtually invisible. The possibilities are boundless. This type of mimic is extremely easy.
Index

4Mimic Imprint:
The faceless have the ability to imprint there emotions and feelings into the location that they are in. This is vitally important to recognize because mimicry is largely based off of the mind. If they imprint the ground with the image that they are mimicking the image will stay there. Generally their victims will become confused. And not realize that the faceless has gotten up and moved away to plan there next attack.
Index

5Specific Appendage Mimic (ina):
Index

6Specific Appendage Mimic (ani):
To change a body part into a whole new creature now that is a skill aspired for and lusted for by all of the Faceless. It is indeed a difficult bit of concentration, and takes a fair bit of time. But once this art is mastered you could change your arm into a snake, which could take chunks from your enemies or change your eye into a bird to get a better view on things.
Index

7 Kaiden
Sartera Tongue
Index

c Silver Bracelet
The Kaiden pride themselves in anything anti faceless. Jewelry is one of those things. Though, they do not waste anything. Each bracelet has five slots where enhancing jewels may be placed. Though it is a simple silver band, it is still glaringly defiant to a faceless.
Index

8 Pain
Name: First Touch of Pain
Target: Armpit
Description: Causes elbow to jerk into side.

Name: Second Touch of Pain
Target: Inside of Elbow
Description: Causes arm to clench up and hand to slam into chest. (Effective against edged weapon users)

Name: Third Touch of Pain
Target: Bottom of Wrist (palm side)
Description: Cause a hand to unclench.

Name: Forth Touch of Pain
Target: Achilles tendon
Description: Squeezing the Tendon
Index

9 Dislocation
Name: First Touch Of Dislocation
Target: Just above the breast on the shoulder
Description: A deep finger thrust in the shoulder, popping the shoulder from its socket.

Name: Second Touch Of Dislocation
Target: Palm of Hand
Description: Right location on palm, dislocate fingers.

Name: Third Touch Of Dislocation
Target: Above Jaw
Description: Pop Jaw from its socket on one side.
Index

10 Paralysis
Name: First Touch of Paralysis
Target: Large bone on spinal cord between the shoulder blades.
Description: Shuts down operations of the arms temporarily.

Name: Second Touch of Paralysis
Target: Halfway down on lower back
Description: Shuts down operations of the legs temporarily.
Index

b Golden Bracelet
The Kaiden pride themselves in anything anti faceless. Jewelry is one of those things. Though, they do not waste anything. Each bracelet has five slots where enhancing jewels may be placed. Though it is a simple golden band, it is still glaringly defiant to a faceless.
Index

11 Specific Appendage Mimic (ina)
Index

12 Unconscious
Target: Below the ear, behind the Jaw.
Description: Depending on pressure applied it is possible to shut down the side of the body where the touch of Kaiden is applied, it is temporary only lasting few seconds. While the effect is extremely temporary, if enough pressure is applied it can cause a person to fall.

Name: Second Touch Of Unconscious
Target: Temple

Target: Between the Eyes
Index

13 Kill Points
Name: Final Touch of Kaiden
Target: Just below the breastbone, a strike to the diaphragm
Description: Restricts breathing, causing a slow painful death as the person can no longer draw breath.

Name: Final Dark Touch of Kaiden
Target: Right shoulder, neck.
Description: Clenching a vein closed the brain fills with blood, first causing head-aches, blood red eyes, and blood dripping painfully from ears until the person just dies.
Index

14 Scholars of Simplicity
Sartera Tongue
Index

15 Rings of Ash
When a magus becomes on for the simplistic art it is known to all. It is known to all by a spell placed down by Corrint on the first day they began teraforming the planet. When a one becomes a scholar they place their hands on stone-bowl altars. In the bowls there is living black ash. The ash entwines around the fingers of both hands until they begin spinning only around the fingers of one hand. When the Scholar lifts their hands from the bowls a small amount of ash continues to whirl around the fingers of one hand.
Index

16 Shield
The ring of ash expands around the palm and each of the fingertips, creating a black disk. Spells, which touch this disk, travel through the small portal into space. Physical matter moving through this portal, be it living or non-living remains ethereal while in the portal, once removed returns to normal.
Index

17 Ash Needle
A small rigid bit of ash, about the size of a need, when it makes contact it portals a bit of what its touching into space then the ash returns to the rings.
Index

18 Skew
The ash floats to an enemy and swirls in front of their eyes, causing them to lose a great deal of visibility. Before it returns to the hand it lurches at the enemies eyes has a chance of damaging them, then speeds back to the hand.
Index

19 Cone
A cone of ash, which can be used to amplify or reduce a spell.
Index

20 Portal
Three balls of ash leave the hand and begin to absorb light, they are placed equal distance apart in a triangle form. Two resting on the ground, one above the Scholars head, all roughly two steps forward. The remaining ash on his hand glows, and he walks through the shape, each step becoming more difficult until his enchanted hand is of equal distance from the others. This three-dimensional shape is the most stable structure known, so it is the safest way to portal from one point to another.
Index

21 Reach
The Scholar makes a small portal to a desired location, just big enough for their hand. Living tissue remains solid while passing through the portal, but objects grabbed this way become ethereal for a few moments upon passing through.
Index

a Alter
The Scholar can change the aspect of a spell to another as long as they have the proper stone.
Index

22Simplify
Ball the ash and throw it at a spell. The ash travels tot he center of the spell, then spreads out like a nova. It breaks down spells into their most basic forms spreading the spells into thousands of tiny fractions of themselves until they are harmless.
Index

23 The Defectors
Sartera Tongue
Index

24 Hammer of Refinement
A basic hammer, only twenty pounds. Used to make armor, weapons, and crack skulls when needed. Shaft and had both made of darkened steel.

Blacksmith (requires red stone)
The ability to forge a weapon from raw material, on the spot.

Repair (requires red stone)
The ability to repair a weapon, on the spot.

Shatter (requires green stone)
Break earth or armor under the might of the sledge.
Index

25 Full Leather Armor
A full suit of cloth and leather designed to be worn under heavier armors. Simply boiled blackened leather, without crest or insignia. Protects against minor slashes and pierces. The armour also carries a small chance of deflecting arrows.

Twisted Sight
The wearers of this armor appear completely harmless, and at best an ally, unless someone actually focuses their gaze on them.

Stone Skin (requires green stone)
The armor becomes much harder, as well as the flesh under it.
Index

26 Greaves of the Oak
Blackened steel boots with attached shin guards; an oak tree etched into them. A leather strap caused them to hook in the back.

Enhanced strength
Greaves that give power of the oak tree to the wearer’s legs and back, allowing them to run further, longer and lift more then even the above average man could.
Index

27 Sleeves of the Oak
Black steel arm guards for the fore arm, and biceps.

Enhanced strength
Sleeves give the power of the oak tree to the wearers arms and shoulders, allowing them to swing harder, longer and more effectively in battle.
Index

28 Executioners Axe
Sartera has thousands of laws and most are punishable by death. Due to this, rape and murder is unheard of. The blade consists of a massive crescent moon, balanced on the other side by dull metal. The shaft is a black wood with grips for either hand, or both.

Thirst For Blood (Requires red stone)
The Axe of the executioner grows used to blood, and demands much of those who touch it. What ever it strikes bleeds twice as much, yet those who hold it, also bleed twice as much. The more blood the axe tastes, the lighter it becomes.

Fell (Requires green stone)
Getting both arms behind the axe, with the aid of the Oaken Armor, a Defector can fell trees with one mighty swing, imagine how others fare.

Throw
The Ax can be thrown with accuracy as it is weighted perfectly.
Index

29 Full Chainmail
Linked steel circles that are linked over and over in the shape of a main. Designed to go over leather armor, and rest under another type of armor. Greaves and sleeves slip perfectly over the armor in there designated location. The mail will protect against most arrow and slashing attacks.

Stimulation
When in this chain mail they are mush more alert, and need almost no sleep to stay active.

Rage (Requires red stone)
While in this chain mail, a Defector can be over come with rage nearly doubling their already massive strength, though they often forget about the danger they may place themselves in.

Calm (Requires blue stone)
While in this chain mail, a defector can have a cool calm demeanor, rigidly at duty. They use this to overcome the rage and heat of battle to be calm and cool about there attacks and the placement of them.

Strength (Requires green stone)
Bolstering there natural strength once more,
Index

30 Tower Shield
A massive steel shield as tall and as wide as the person who holds it is. Steel near three inches thick, it has a slight crescent curve in it allowing the holder to get completely behind it, and a sharpened bottom edge so they can root it in the ground. Fits on one arm when the arm is slid through two leather straps.

Deflection
The primary use of a shield is to protect, a defector can use the shield to push away an enemy attack.

Bash (no stone) / Release (requires red stone)
Use the shield as a battering weapon, absorbed spells can be re-released through this attack at the victim.

Protection (requires red stone)
The defector can push away spells, the curve causes them to wash around, yet if they are in the shield, the spell should pass on by.

Absorb (Requires Blue and Green) or (Requires Black)
Draw one aggressive enemy spell into the shield, and only one, until it is released.

Throw
The shield fly’s smoothly through the air, and the sharpened bottom can deal massive damage to the unwary.
Index

31 Plate Mail
Each plate is tempered black steel. The first plate is a spine protector. Then two more that wrap around the torso, snapping together in the front. One plate then lies over each of the shoulders and links down over the sleeves. One big one for each thigh, with leather straps like the Greaves.

Purity:
Armor pulls toxins from the body reducing there effectiveness.

Awe: (permanent blue stone)
The armor so craftily made and beautiful it holds many people in awe with its faint blue glow.

Fear: (permanent red stone)
The armor is so rigid, with a red glow the causes fear.

Huge: (permanent green stone)
The armor enhances the size of the wearer by two feet, making them gargantuan)
Index

32 Dark Helm
A helm with leather padding layered under Chainmail, then an actual helm with a slide view.

Shady
They become much more adept at lying and holding their emotions.

Detection
They are also much more adept at detecting lies.

Observation
A soldier gains a crude sense of observation with the helmet. Allowing them to break down all they perceive.
Index

33 Mjollnir
A big doubled headed hammer, with two big square heads, and spike running up between the heads, perfectly in line with the thick steel shaft extending downwards.

Throw
Throwing this hammer is the most devastating attack that the Defectors hold.

Return (Requires white stone) or (requires red, blue, green)
The hammer will return to the thrower, and only the thrower, even if caught.

Thunder (Requires black stone)
This hammer can shatter gates, and cause walls to crumble with a single blow.

Lightning (Requires white stone)
Swinging the hammer emits a boot of electricity at the opponent. Horizontal for a wave, a vertical for a downward strike from the skies, be they clear or not.

Thunder and Lightening Throw (requires black and white stone)
Throwing the hammer, it throws off lighting at its target and if it hits, it hits with enough force to destroy a wall.
Index

35 Soldiers Pay
Once a soldier is a veteran they get compensated for there hard work, getting an extra stone of each color.
Index

36 Stones
Stones can be used to augment Kaiden bracelets, Faceless sword hilts, the five ash rings of a Scholar and the equipment of a Defector.

Red
Represents fire, augmented item gets flame touch.

Blue
Represents water, augmented item gets ice touch.

Green
Represents earth, augmented item gets stronger, or more powerful.

Black
Represents darkness, augmented item gets pain touch.

White
Represents light and lightning, augmented item spreads other augments through objects to person. Such as weapons, clothing, and walls. Augmented item, one conduct, and person, no more or the transfer does not work.
Index

Nox
17th October 2004, 08:45 AM
I’m going to disagree. Because, at one point in time I’m going to probably try to spar you for the Faceless rank.Pretty cocky are we? That's easier said than done.
Yet, the problem is… What about people being fond to you in the voting, because you are the leader and want to be on your side. At least one person will always do it.I will certainly not do this, and it is obvious Anubis won't either. So this really isn't such a large issue.
I feel that the lower ranks should get their chance to vote too, seeing that they aren’t in much power and probably won’t lean towards one or the other. Yet, the lower ranks will probably pick the person who is not as good to raise their chances to be leader. So the lower ranks of every other guild should get to vote TOO.No, I disagree. Actually in my mind I feel that the lower ranks are more likely to choose favoritism. Plus many people voting would just spam something up unless we do it in a lounge. In addition most of the low ranks will probably be the worst role-players (just being harsh) so I don't think they'll be adequate judges.

Ace_of_Spades
17th October 2004, 08:53 AM
Am I mistaken when I think that is an Ic clan? So why in the world would you even bother judging on roleplaying. I think the winner should be decided on Ic victory, after all, the clan Oocly will still be headed by Angryn3wb, but Ic wise by whomever manages to beat him.

Nox
17th October 2004, 09:00 AM
Am I mistaken when I think that is an Ic clan? So why in the world would you even bother judging on roleplaying. I think the winner should be decided on Ic victory.The number one problem with that is that god-moding would be expected in such a system. So yes, I think it should be judged perhaps on role-playing but not solely role-playing.

Angryn3wb
17th October 2004, 09:56 AM
Ace: It would be an InC function. A special arena, the clan at the edge, and the leaders standing in a triangle formation inside the arena, though at the edge still.

It will be who fights the best. At the end, each "judge" will give an InC vote. There will be no OOC votes.

----

I am in the gua server chat room thing. Channel #GoS if you have questions you odnt want to ask over the forum, or want a immediant response.

Morrigan
17th October 2004, 10:08 AM
There was a skill like that, but after about I role-played it I realized how ridiculous it was and made that the basis for Ri'Daezan (the morikia race.) but, once you get to that point, realize this: Your physical appearance doesn't change. Yet your arm moves like a snake and has a snake head. How cheap would a big spike be?

I already thought about this, but let’s put it this way. The way the spikes grow is through the extension of the bones. Almost creating another temporary socket, but with growing of the bones it causes stress and you can only make a fine line of spikes a few inches thick around your body. Enough to go through some ones hand, but not enough to devastate. If you try to extend it further out. It will cause a large portion of stress on it which could literally screw you over if you can’t bring it back, but the problem I’m having is. If you can use it, what about destroying ligaments and muscle tissue?

Pretty cocky are we? That's easier said than done.

Yep.

I will certainly not do this, and it is obvious Anubis won't either. So this really isn't such a large issue.

Past experiences haunt me, sorry.

No, I disagree. Actually in my mind I feel that the lower ranks are more likely to choose favoritism. Plus many people voting would just spam something up unless we do it in a lounge. In addition most of the low ranks will probably be the worst role-players (just being harsh) so I don't think they'll be adequate judges.

I see people are a whole not a rank, but people are placed into ranks. Yet I see your point. There’s two points of views to almost everything.

iwishiknew
17th October 2004, 10:47 AM
I will not vote for favrotism so that settles that issue.

Are we gonna have different threds for each guild or what? Also do the leaders get everyone of those skills or do they have to learn them to?

Simplicity
17th October 2004, 11:21 AM
From my understanding this looks to be a well organized clan, with balanced roles. Not bad Angry, not bad at all...

I'd like to join with my Jill-of-Trades character Reyn. Unfinished, though I'll post the word document soon when it's complete. However, the conflict arises to chose Kaiden or Defectors...

I'll stick with Defectors... But I'm still unsure.

Nox
17th October 2004, 12:12 PM
I have decided to make awards and medals for my guild (Scholars of Simplicity). All awards & medals will be given by overlords and up, unless stated otherwise. Awarding privileges may be removed by the guild leader if abuse is found.

Awards

Nox Award: Given to a guild member for the best contribution overall to the guild. Decided by leader. Given on the 21st of every two months.
Highest Decorated: Guild member with the most medals.
Most Wins: Guild member with the most wins in the guild.
Best Rookie: Given to the underling who shows the most initiative. Given the 1st of each month.

Medals

Silver Weirdling (SW): The SW medal is given to the ambassador when he is appointed his position.
Underling Preferentiality: UP is given to a guild member who the underlings prefer the most. Underlings each vote once on this, and the winner receives the medal. Given the 1st of each month, if tie Medciocrits add in their votes between the tied candidates.
Triple Luminary: Medal is given to a guild member who shows good popularity within the guild.
Gallantry Medal: Given to a guild member who shows great amounts bravery while in combat.
Double Standard: Given to a guild member who shows great effort in his operation in the guild.

Angryn3wb
17th October 2004, 12:16 PM
Watch nox be the only member of the SoS, lol, and aware everything to him self lol.

Simplicity: You are on the updated version that will be posted in a few days along with a defector tag by your name, so if you change your mind, say so.

----edit
Are we gonna have different threds for each guild or what? Also do the leaders get everyone of those skills or do they have to learn them to?

I am the onlyone here that automatically gets the full set. Simply because I have been roleplaying a faceless for well over a year. Same thread for all the guilds. Maybe in the future, if there are enough members, there will be breaks, yet the guilds will still work togather.

Marushia
17th October 2004, 12:54 PM
Okay, I've made up my mind. I'm going to join The Faceless Guild. However, I have no aspirations of being leader anytime soon. I was the RHC leader in the old T'L and it was a lot of work and left me little time to improve my own character, so I'll be a follower this time around. I've decided that I'll use Caden for this clan. Do I have to make a profile for him?

iwishIknew- you can lead, but if you are challenged you must fight or give it up.

Also I see no problems with the ranks save ONE. if every Guild has four memebers that is 16 members. 16 was what I was thinking the clan was going to be MAX. So 8 positions is a little excessive. You need to think along the lines of 1/4 a real clan.

Like I said, I'm not gonna lead the guild, so I'll leave that stuff up to Angry.

Any arguements?

I think it should be max 10 each (a nice round number). Also, I can see the judges inputting comments mid-fight. Sort of like referees cross spectators cross announcers. However, since there are four guilds and two fight at a time, I think it should be judged by the two highest ranks of the two clans not involved and the highest rank (not fighting) of the clans involved. That way, I think, is more fair.

Also, Angry, I think five people per guild (20 total) would be better if you can get that many people.

Angryn3wb
17th October 2004, 01:16 PM
I think it should be max 10 each (a nice round number). Also, I can see the judges inputting comments mid-fight. Sort of like referees cross spectators cross announcers. However, since there are four guilds and two fight at a time, I think it should be judged by the two highest ranks of the two clans not involved and the highest rank (not fighting) of the clans involved. That way, I think, is more fair.

No, there are four guilds and one leadership battle within a guild
This keeps it an odd number so there are no ties.
The over all leadership is shared by me, nox, anu, and iwish.
Comments durring prob. wouldn't be so bad, prally even a good idea.
Remember wiht 10 each that is 6 more posts to read and judge, its a time thing.

---

Also, Angry, I think five people per guild (20 total) would be better if you can get that many people

I would like eighty, with twenty per guild, but I am saying that 16 is probally the highest we will get. I am not going to stop recruitment -ever.-

iwishiknew
17th October 2004, 01:31 PM
Gosh I feel like a newbie at this. I guess I should make a list of rewards and such. Also when the new thread (non-recruitment) pops up are the four leaders going to have the fist four posts? This would make it easier so all the guild's stats and junk are on the first page

Awards

Golden Sword* This sword is given by the leader to the person who has shown his value as a warrior. This will go to the peson with the most wins automaticaly unless the leader decides against it

Golden Armour* This armour is awarded by the leader to the warrior with the best defence. This might be in skill or in how they use their armour. This award is given as the leader choses. (god-modding means you can't get this trophy)

Golden Shield* This is given to the person who knows his suroundings the best. This is also awarded by the leader and only the leader. (Best Descriptive RPer)

Wooden Sword* This is sword is given to the weakest warrior. This is automaticaly given unless the leader says so. (most loses)

Wooden Armour* This is given to the warrior with the worst defence. This can be obtained by rarely using your items/body to avoid hits and instead take them. The leader hadns this trophy out. (This is what god-modding gets also)

Wooden Shield This is given to teh person who ignroes his suroundings. It is given by the leader as he so deligates. (worst descriptive Rper)

* This means that the leader can't give the trophy to himself. He can, however, obtain it if the clan as a whole votes on it. The majority rules.

Anubis
17th October 2004, 03:43 PM
Gotta love how you guys are almost making more guild awards than our entire clan has members.

Angry, could you put on the first post which people are in which guild? Also, make sure that when the new thread starts up, the old one doesn't get locked, so you can edit your posts and copy-past the information.

Just testing something out:
Tlacatecolotl Evolution
Acuteness: Xolotl is very quick to learn new skills, methods, and strategies, and can adapt quickly to his environment.
Mimicry: Mimics an opponent’s actions and strategies, or foreseeing future ones.
Assimilation: Takes an ability of a fallen opponent as his own.

Blah

Angryn3wb
17th October 2004, 05:38 PM
I have all of the updated info in a thread on my computer...

Current members - Win/Loss/Tie - guild
Ace_of_Spades - 0/0/0 - Kaiden
Angryn3wb - 0/0/0 - Faceless, Leader
Anubis - 0/0/0 - Kaiden, Leader
IwishIknew - 0/0/0 - Defector, Leader
Kumashin - 0/0/0 - Defector
Marushia - 0/0/0 - Faceless
Morrigan - 0/0/0 - Faceless
Nox - 0/0/0 – Scholar, Leader
Simplicity - 0/0/0 - Defector

...its easier then editing.

Simplicity
17th October 2004, 08:00 PM
Is there anymore information on the Win/Loss records. Just wondering if it's personal fights (Any fight), challenge for leadership fights, or surveyed fights with pre-picked people or members.

Angryn3wb
17th October 2004, 08:30 PM
Yes, here is it

Rules.for the Engagement between The Tal'Vorn Magus Council and The Guilds of Sartera

Normal Spar, not clan orientated. (One Win)
First Rule: There must be an InC Reason to invade. There will be no random attacks.
Second Rule: You must get permission from BOTH participants before you may join.

Clan Spar Restricted. (One Win)
First Rule: You challenge an opponent through pm’s
Second Rule: Only you and the opponent are allowed in the thread.

Clan Spar Unrestricted (Wins equals who you had a hand in defeating.)
First Rule: Talk to the leader of your clan, so the battle may be set up before hand.
Second Rule: You may join (not create) one of these without permission.
Third Rule: You must have an InC reason to join.
Fourth Rule: These can become very cluttered, and unless someone is gone for more then a day, you need to allow everyone to post before you make your next post.

Tournaments (two wins)
First Rule: Completely off-limits unless designated, do not even ask to invade.

-----

Normal Quest (not clan orientated) (can count for a win or a previously acquired stone, at my desecration)

First Rule: There must be an InC Reason to invade. There will be no random attacks.
Second Rule: You must get permission from creator of the thread, the person you are attacking.
Third Rule: You may not make more then four posts in this thread without asking further permission

Clan Quest (can count for a win or a previously acquired stone, at my desecration)
Second Rule: Thread starter permission, no restrictions on number of posts.

Hyper Quest (Equals three wins)
Description: Two clan’s quest against each other in one thread. OOC they know what each other are doing InCly they don’t. There is a dungeon master per team who will keep in contact with each other OOCLY through PM’s.

First Rule: Teams must be equal.
Second Rule: No invading these threads period, don’t ask.
Third Rule: These can become very cluttered, and unless someone is gone for more then a day, you need to allow everyone to post before you make your next post.

Restricted Hyper Quest (Equals three wins)
There is a lone dungeon master and two teams against each other, such as the search for the Holy Grail.

First Rule: Teams must be equal.
Second Rule: No invading these threads period, don’t ask.
Third Rule: These can become very cluttered, and unless someone is gone for more then a day, you need to allow everyone to post before you make your next post.

-----

Battlefield Spar (Two Wins)
Rule One: Terrain must be completely described in the first post, nothing may be added later.
Rule Two: Armies must be described first post of the person involved in the conflict.
Rule Three: No assuming, detail must be described in the extreme. Formations, locations, and attack patterns.

Marushia
18th October 2004, 11:28 AM
No, there are four guilds and one leadership battle within a guild
This keeps it an odd number so there are no ties.
The over all leadership is shared by me, nox, anu, and iwish.
Comments durring prob. wouldn't be so bad, prally even a good idea.
Remember wiht 10 each that is 6 more posts to read and judge, its a time thing.

Oh, so this is only for leadership battles?

I would like eighty, with twenty per guild, but I am saying that 16 is probally the highest we will get. I am not going to stop recruitment -ever.-

Yeah, I figured that which is why I only said twenty. If you can get 16, 20's not too much harder.

Current members - Win/Loss/Tie - guild
Ace_of_Spades - 0/0/0 - Kaiden
Angryn3wb - 0/0/0 - Faceless, Leader
Anubis - 0/0/0 - Kaiden, Leader
IwishIknew - 0/0/0 - Defector, Leader
Kumashin - 0/0/0 - Defector
Marushia - 0/0/0 - Faceless
Morrigan - 0/0/0 - Faceless
Nox - 0/0/0 – Scholar, Leader
Simplicity - 0/0/0 - Defector

Could you sort them by Guild, then alphabetically, so it's less confusing?

Battlefield Spar (Two Wins)
Rule One: Terrain must be completely described in the first post, nothing may be added later.
Rule Two: Armies must be described first post of the person involved in the conflict.
Rule Three: No assuming, detail must be described in the extreme. Formations, locations, and attack patterns.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if the person falls into a trap of something like that? Or if the battlefiend shifts to some other place?

Also, you never said if I need to make a character profile.

Angryn3wb
18th October 2004, 11:49 AM
You don't need to make one. Use an old charecter, or make a new one. Makes no difference... That is a good idea, I will make two lists for the switch.

About Battlefield...
The battlefield will not shift, and if someone falls into a trap then that is what is supposed to happen. (I assume you didn't mean the literal translation) You deploy your forces, react to others deployment. Major problem? I have yet to figure out a system of which armies soldiers can win which internal battles... My idea is you will take the role of one soldier fighting in a group, and your enemy will take one, who ever wins, wins that portion of the fight, but there will be other extremes... such as mages, horsemen... units that 'amplifiy' a formula I will create for casualities.

Notorious
18th October 2004, 01:58 PM
I will join this clan. I wish to be in the faceless but I want to know if I will be able to learn some Kaiden aswell.... Because my character fights mainly with blades but he loves to use his hands aswell.

The Character I will be using is Caim his link is in my sig. The history is not done but the basics and the beginning stuff is done.

Angryn3wb
18th October 2004, 02:36 PM
Alright, your in, but you can only learn faceless if you are faceless.

(faceless and kaiden dont get along) If you would prefer kaiden, or another guild tell me

-------
EDit: Information of the guild leaders for the quest.
Also, All guild leaders be prepared to write your common hall. Not your entire complex.

Each outside is excatly the same. Black stone, huge. Eleven big steps leading to double doors. Flanking the steps are statues of people in your guild, that are pillars holding up the building (roof of porch?). Inside do what ever you want. Except each inside needs to have one MAIN npc. Nox, you dont have to worrie about this, because your NPC is Tera Corrint and she will be with me during the quest.

Second. Tehre are five roads, the city is circular, the roads meet in the center. The center is called the great circle. At the center is a statue that mimics the GUILD LEADER of the leading guild with wins. It turns its back to the guildhall with the most deaths. The guildhals flank the roads. Order as follows in clockwise order:

North Road, Faceless Guildhall, North East Road, Kaiden Guild Hall, South East Road, Common Guild Hall, South West Road, Scholars of Simplicity Guild hall, north west road, Defectors guild hall.

-so sayth the n3wb

Nox
18th October 2004, 04:08 PM
Okay I think I understand what you mean Angryn3wb with the common halls, but I always do have some sort of detail or problem I must inquisition upon. Thse common halls, I take it you want it to be like an old-style library for the Scholars of Simplicity (hence Scholars), and something like a miniature training grounds for the Defectors?
Could you sort them by Guild, then alphabetically, so it's less confusing?I agree with you on this Marushia, it would be definitely be more covnenient if it were done by guilds then in alphabetical order. Also, this Tal'Vorn Magus Council is the only clan we may invade? Or can we do others if allowed by the other clan's leader?

Anubis
18th October 2004, 04:14 PM
For those of you who don't feel like using Angryn3wb's words to paint a picture... here's this:

The Guilds of Sartera Map (http://www.geocities.com/daedricberserker/SarteraMap.jpg)

I may add structures of the main buildings to add more general detail, but for now this is what we've got.

Angryn3wb
18th October 2004, 07:28 PM
Okay I think I understand what you mean Angryn3wb with the common halls, but I always do have some sort of detail or problem I must inquisition upon. Thse common halls, I take it you want it to be like an old-style library for the Scholars of Simplicity (hence Scholars), and something like a miniature training grounds for the Defectors?[b]

Nox again I leave it largely up to you, library type style is fine, so would a room with tables. The actuall hall I want, would be where they have lunch and/or go for a good chat with their mates.

[b]Also, this Tal'Vorn Magus Council is the only clan we may invade? Or can we do others if allowed by the other clan's leader?

For now T'V is it. I will make seperate rules for other clans when it comes time. Let us see how it works with T'V they are an active clan that will keep us busy I am sure. I would not like to bite off more than I can chew right away. Rememebr, incharecter the halls of our clans have stood for hundreds of thousands of years, but OOCly we are newborns and havent had much experiance workign with each other.

I would prefer not to have my ass handed to me by Paladin, thank you ;).

-----
Thanks anubis. Looks good... if the kaiden do get a little more space then the faceless :p

Anubis
18th October 2004, 07:31 PM
When's the real clan thread starting? Also, you made up the divisions on the map... not me. Though I did make the assumption things like the NE road goes directly NE from the center, etc. Then again, since the Faceless are basically the head guys, they probably have more control over the Common Guild Hall.

Angryn3wb
18th October 2004, 11:38 PM
Today or Tomarrow I will send a request and start the quest that will start our war with the TV. I just wanted to make sure that our clan leaders were prepared with their guild halls, and that everything is inorder

Common Hall is where the fishermen etc. gather none of us have power over it incly, though I will OOCly use it in InC form if I am ever defeated for my position.

(That is Tuesday or wed. by my clock)
[I ment that they were all equal, and that was the general directions, next time I will say NEE and NWW for you :)]

iwishiknew
19th October 2004, 04:27 AM
I took it to mean that instead of the buildings being to the side of the road they were at the end of it, making it so when you leave any guild's hall you walked straight onto the road and eventualy into the common Guild.

Also do you want me to post what my hall looks ilke in here?

Azrael
19th October 2004, 09:46 AM
Hey, thanks for the invite newb. This looks to interesting :D. Can I still use my character Cain? I'd be interested in joining The Defectors, since that is probably the only one my character can qualify for. Besides, they seem to have alot of the same stuff I already use, so I can adapt him easily. Should I make another character sheet for Cain to use in this or can I just put some adendum and such on my current one?

iwishiknew
19th October 2004, 01:30 PM
Well I am using my Gamma user Bob Hiko so it should be ok as N3wb didn't see a problem with him.

Ps. Welcome to the defenders.

Ace_of_Spades
19th October 2004, 01:33 PM
Taggerung, Defectors you big loser. :P

Neway the choice is up to you on wheter or not you make another thread for your character, however I think that it would be a good idea to come up with another character seeing how this is not exactly BA style. Just remember that we are generaly peaceful. That doesn't mean you can't be totaly evil, it just means that we just don't go around killing people for know reason. Thats all my comments, welcome and have fun.

Notorious
19th October 2004, 01:34 PM
Hmmm so your char's name is Cain...mine is Caim. that may get alittle confusing but we will just wait and see.

Anyways welcome to the clan, have a good time.

----------
I guess I will just use faceless but just use some other form of martial arts on the side. Is that okay? or just faceless.

iwishiknew
19th October 2004, 01:39 PM
know It is no you non-defecter lozer :D

Also would it be ok if I switch charecters in the middle of the Game because Bob just stops working out?

Angryn3wb
19th October 2004, 02:26 PM
Ace, Tag. That was a great exchange... Iwish, you will post it in the quest that I will create tomarrow most likely. Also, learn it, as ace said, Defectors. You are a leader, I expect you to know the difference :).

Both of you, perfect attitudes for this clan. Really :) but save it for the MAGUS council.

Azreal: your charecter is fine I am sure (havent looked at it, no offence) at least as long as you are role-playicly sound. If your charecter obviously doesn't fit, you will need to make a new one.

Just remember that we are generaly peaceful.
We are generally combat orientated, yet evil/good has no real meaning...
Faceless Quote: "It is the death, not the cause that makes the Faceless."
The fact that we are peaceful now will change, in a matter of days.

-----Edit ---V

Also, when the war with TVMC starts, and they abuse the rules (such as say no to more then 3 spars in 3 seperate threads) notify your guild leader or me. I would ask that no one do a "battlefield" thread yet, as I am still working on the details. I would also ask that noone start a fight until the war is secured InCly which is what the first quest will be for.

Finally: You can switch chars, but you will lose 2 wins for every switch.

Marushia
19th October 2004, 03:43 PM
You don't need to make one. Use an old charecter, or make a new one. Makes no difference... That is a good idea, I will make two lists for the switch.

Actually, I meant that you have one list. The headings would be the four guilds and then withing each heading, list the members of that guild alphabetically.

About Battlefield...
The battlefield will not shift, and if someone falls into a trap then that is what is supposed to happen. (I assume you didn't mean the literal translation) You deploy your forces, react to others deployment. Major problem? I have yet to figure out a system of which armies soldiers can win which internal battles...

I meant like what if there happened to be a pit dug in the middle of the battlefield and covered over with leaves and you happen to fall in, or if you're fighting indoors, what if the roof collapses or spikes shoot up from the floor. What then?

As for the system, how about this:

1. Both armies list OOCly how many soldiers they have in their armies and how many of these are PC's and how many are NPC's.

2. All the NPC's get divided based on how many PC's there are and what each one's win count is.

3. The win-loss ratio between the two teams' PC's for a given period of time (a turn? round?) is converted into a proportion and then that proportion is how many of each army's NPC soldiers dies in that period (turn? round?)

4. Or, (instead of 3), for every soldier, PC or NPC, that a person kills, a number of soldiers equal to (total that person killed) / (total soldiers remaining) dies.

I'm not sure how the ratios work out without plugging in actual numbers. I'm just throwing out ideas.

My idea is you will take the role of one soldier fighting in a group, and your enemy will take one, who ever wins, wins that portion of the fight, but there will be other extremes... such as mages, horsemen... units that 'amplifiy' a formula I will create for casualities.

See above.

Hehe, I like this whole thing. Um, I took this to mean that you could have major indoor fights as well. Can you, or is it solely outdoors?

Some good places to have Battlefield Quests:

Open field (duh) with possibly some gnolls and trees here and there.
The woods; thick forest.
A whole town or village.
The beach.
Inside an enormous and complex cave.
On a mountain side.
On top of a plateua.
Inside a castle (or outside for a skirmish).
Inside an enormous hall (this is kind like a giant bar fight); can also be organized into a tournament.

I would prefer not to have my ass handed to me by Paladin, thank you

Um, he's not bad, but unless he's been holding out in all the posts I've seen, then I don't think we'd have much problem.

Also, what is the scoring system for quests/spars? And how do we tell which ones are up for judging, or do they all go up for judging? Do we have to always quest as a clan, or can we do one on one's?

Oh, and why are the Faceless and Kaiden right next to each other if they have such malice for one another?

Hmmm so your char's name is Cain...mine is Caim. that may get alittle confusing but we will just wait and see.

I'm glad someone besides me noticed that. :heh:

Finally: You can switch chars, but you will lose 2 wins for every switch.

Uh, I would think you'd lose ALL of your wins since you really aren't the same person ICly and those weren't your kills. Unless, you do like in Samurai Deeper Kyo and pose as someone else and claim to have killed those people.

Huh, we're fighting the Magus Council. I guess that means we're be seeing more of Vincent_Draciz. :P

Lastly, does IC victory count in the judging or is it solely based on IC victory? And is it mandatory for a win that you kill the person?

Anubis
19th October 2004, 04:08 PM
Marushia, the Faceless-Kaiden thing is more of a rivalry than a war. For example, Ohio State University is a rival of Michigan University, and sometimes I feel like I hate some Michigan people, but I don't go and move to Canada or California because of it.

I do think we should get started somewhat-soon, or at least organize the specifics of the battles between the clans.

Uurion
19th October 2004, 06:04 PM
I guess i will join under the Defectors.

Marushia
19th October 2004, 06:07 PM
One more question: Can two clans join in a coop battle for whatever reason (a good IC one)?

Anubis, we have until Friday, I believe.

iwishiknew
19th October 2004, 06:12 PM
I am left completaly in teh darkl about this. I am taking that the MG is a real clan since yall are mentioning Paladin and Vincent. Someone mind explaining it for me over aim/im??

Also If we all hate eachother, how are we going to work together to defeat the maguc council? I mean I am going to slaughter Ace and whatever clan he is in because we all know that the Defectors rule.

WOOOT Uurion, which I recruited btw joined under us. Yall think daily, Weekly, or biweekly Aim meetings with the leaders would help us out?

Also Marushia I think we should be able to do that but it would have to be a very good reason

Angryn3wb
19th October 2004, 07:37 PM
Actually, I meant that you have one list. The headings would be the four guilds and then withing each heading, list the members of that guild alphabetically.
I already had that one, and its a bitch to find InC names for all of you.

I meant like what if there happened to be a pit dug in the middle of the battlefield and covered over with leaves and you happen to fall in, or if you're fighting indoors, what if the roof collapses or spikes shoot up from the floor. What then?
It would be impossible to role play fairly

As for the system, how about this:
I don't understand you. there will only be one PC... JUST WAIT TILL I HAVE MY VERSION DONE before you suggest, I am making a new form of combat here and it ISN'T easy.

Hehe, I like this whole thing. Um, I took this to mean that you could have major indoor fights as well. Can you, or is it solely outdoors?

Some good places to have Battlefield Quests:
Yes you can have indoor fights, and those are all good locations for bfq's.

Um, he's not bad, but unless he's been holding out in all the posts I've seen, then I don't think we'd have much problem.
There are three types of roleplayers on GUA.
Upper Tier, People I consider as my equals or better then me
Lower Tier, People I choose not apply myself against
N2wbs, People who don't deserve my 3, and I choose to ignore.

Also, what is the scoring system for quests/spars? And how do we tell which ones are up for judging, or do they all go up for judging? Do we have to always quest as a clan, or can we do one on one's?
There will be no official judging (aside from leadership po's). You either win incly or you don't. If you don't, you can appeal to your guild leader who will read the quest/battle and see who won OOCly.

Uh, I would think you'd lose ALL of your wins since you really aren't the same person ICly and those weren't your kills. Unless, you do like in Samurai Deeper Kyo and pose as someone else and claim to have killed those people.

Say anubis gets 7 wins rather quckly, which I can see him doing... then he decides that Kaiden really isnt his thing. (which I have great faith that he won't, this is just an example.) So he switches to SoS, Why should I punnish him for being good? Poor role players will not do well in this clan. Enough said, and I will not punish the good roleplayers to greatly because they would like a change.

Huh, we're fighting the Magus Council. I guess that means we're be seeing more of Vincent_Draciz... kill...
Yes, and no you don't have to kill. Killing is nice though, The one internal reward in my clan is for the most kills.

iwishiknew
20th October 2004, 03:09 AM
I wasn't talking about switching clans Angry. I was talking about getting a whole new charecter because the one I am going to use might not work out.

Angryn3wb
20th October 2004, 05:41 AM
If you don;t switch classes then it will be fine.

Bad_Kharma
20th October 2004, 06:12 AM
Well, this was one of teh most active recruitment threads I have ever seen. Anyway, you have the necessary members so here is your clan thread:

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=64356#post64356

Have fun

PS: want to continue chatting, get a misc thread made please ;)