PDA

View Full Version : ~the guide to stop hacking~

dead0massacre
29th January 2006, 06:42 AM
hi i have wrote this little guide because i have been hacked and it wasnt very pleasent so i have decided to write this little guide to help others.

first of all u need a decent web browser with a built in firewall visit this page to get firefox i use it and it has saved me a few times from infected files.
click here for firefox now ! (http://www.downloadfirefox.net/)

then second of all u need a virus scanner here is it is
Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06
its from a trusted source download.com
if u click on this link u get the info its had 179,109,969 downloads !
click here to get it and view the information first (http://www.download.com/Ad-aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?tag=prod)

and here is the top 3 tips

1.NEVER EVER EVER click on a link anybody sends you by pm or even a friend tells you there are alot of keyloggers on websites now this will send a log of everything in your computer to hacker including your kings of chaos username and password and of course email. so STAY AWAY FROM THESE SITES!
2.NEVER EVER DOWNLOAD UNOFFICIAL KINGS OF CHAOS FILES many of them contain virus infections and keyloggers
3.NO MATTER WHAT IF U HAVE BEEN FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE FOR A YEAR OR TWO STILL DONT TRUST THEM THATS WHAT HEPPENED TO ME I TRUSTED A FRIEND AND LETS JUST SAY MY LIFE ALMOST CAME TO AN END.

i hope u made good use of my guide

AND REMEMBER IF U HAVE READ THIS GUIDE AND IGNORE THE WARNINGS DONT COMPLAIN TO KINGS OF CHAOS !

i hope this helps you
dead0massacre~

:jawdroppe dont get hacked its a true shocker!!! :jawdroppe
:banana2: be safe :banana2:

there are many other anti spyware files on download.com

click here for download.com (http://www.download.com/2001-20_4-0.html)

there are many other things and its all from a trusted source

virus free =)

rollthedice
1st February 2006, 06:07 AM
Something to add:

Never use your KoC login email for ANYTHING other than logging into KoC.
Don't use an email address that contains your KoC name.

bearruler
3rd February 2006, 08:30 AM
I also recommend a random password
They can be generated here:

http://bearruler.freestarthost.com/pass.php

Another tip: Make a new email account (possibly the name random too)
Dont use it for anything other than KoC
Dont let anyone else know it at any point
Also, dont use a hotmail/free mail account
Gmail uses secure connections, but Id still go with Comcast or something super secure like that.

Dont download anything you dont trust
Use recruiters that are used by alot of other people. Thye most likely arent keyloggers

Autobuyers nowadays are complex to code. Creators have to spend alot of time and energy to make them. They arent going to give tha code away to you for free... Dont be conned into using a fake autobuyer that hacks your account

Just watch yourself and dont break the rules
Keyloggers that claim to be autobuyers and "bankers" (people tat spend your gold for you) are the biggest hacking causes.
As far as Im concerned if you want to screw up the game with an "autobuyer" or a banker, you deserve to be hacked an deleted.

Bear

xD00M
8th February 2006, 08:08 PM
use ridiculously hard passwords. Use a combination of different letters (cap & lower case), numbers, and symbols. Dont make words, make gibberish. Write it down or even better, memorize it. An example is UO3@ksO#k6lPj. That will take a while for a hacker to guess using a cracking program from what I understand.

DoubleD_Kill
9th February 2006, 06:18 AM
Well, if you have a safe email that nobody knows about, and I mean nobody, then I dont think the password really matters, as then honestly the only way that they can hack you is using a keylogger.

Also NEVER use your KoC email at MSN, that has happened many times that people get hacked that way, they get your email, then hack the email then send the password to it. Even if this is people you trust by heart, do not give them this kind of information, it might not be them doing something, but they could pass ýour MSN on to someone that asks, as they might not know that you really dont want it to go to someone else.

DoubleD_Kill
~FearlessForce~

*->Static<-*
12th February 2006, 06:59 AM
I suggest strongly to not use the same password on a forum of an alliance you are in or registered with.

Admins of those foranamely have acces to those data and if they do some research they can find several to "hack"...

Xull
12th February 2006, 02:00 PM
Also, if you don't already have it, I suggest getting sp2 (you can download service pack 2 on microsoft's site... either via the update or download it as a separate file)

Note that due to its size, automatic updates will not download this without permission.

In case you are wondering what it does... it has a lot of security updates to windows, which should prevent many exploits from working ;)

KiNgTp
15th February 2006, 02:48 PM
the thing to do is never open any links while your KoC account is logged in,

there are some software applications flying about which change your password as a background task while you look at a website.

so if you find a website log out your KoC account before you opoen it up

Elfdude143
15th February 2006, 03:05 PM
Hmm, I may have missed it, but I don't think anyone made this point yet.

Don't be an idiot and share your log in details with anyone. You are begging to be sold off if you do.

dead0massacre
19th February 2006, 01:25 PM
this thread is rather popular :yay:

yes use a riduculosly hard pass

like 6~'jdn7!!**

and dont trust random urls you dont know about as they may contain keyloggers

trixx
19th February 2006, 02:27 PM
dude <_< Ad Aware only searches for SPYWARE and ADWARE, which display ads on your PC, or spam your email or ad toolbars... HERES a real, free AV (antivirus) http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Xull
19th February 2006, 02:43 PM
first of all u need a decent web browser with a built in firewall visit this page to get firefox i use it and it has saved me a few times from infected files.
click here for firefox now ! (http://www.downloadfirefox.net/)btw... firefox isn't a firewall ;)

oh and... if you don't need them... disabling scripts (and java) will prevent pretty much anything from causing an issue ;)
be it exploiting firefox(/opera/netscape/other) or be it exploiting ie... or either or both or whatever :tongue:

dead0massacre
20th February 2006, 02:46 PM
im sorry xull no offence but i have to disagree firefox does have a built in firewall if you view the readme it tells you

thx
dead~

army_of_the_sun
20th February 2006, 03:10 PM
Make sure that you have javascript disabled. It seems that about 90% of the people who get hacked on here are being hacked by simple javascript exploits and XSS.

Xull
20th February 2006, 03:23 PM
im sorry xull no offence but i have to disagree firefox does have a built in firewall if you view the readme it tells you

For information about installing, running and configuring Firefox
including a list of known issues and troubleshooting information,
refer to: http://getfirefox.com/releases/

A Better Web Experience
Firefox 1.5 has an intuitive interface and blocks viruses, spyware, and popup ads. It delivers Web pages faster than ever. And it’s easy to install and import your favorites. Packed with useful features like tabbed browsing, Live Bookmarks, and an integrated Search bar, Firefox will change the way you experience the Web, for the better.
Faster Browsing
Enjoy quick page loading as you navigate back and forward in a browsing session. Improvements to the engine that powers Firefox deliver more accurate display of complex Web sites, support for new Web standards, and better overall performance.
Automatic Updates
The new Software Update feature makes it easy to get the latest security and feature updates to Firefox. Firefox automatically downloads these small updates in the background and prompts you when they are ready to be installed.
Tabbed Browsing
Use tabbed browsing to open multiple Web pages in a single browser window, and quickly flip back and forth. Drag and drop open tabs to keep related pages together.
Improved Pop-up Blocking
Firefox’s built-in pop-up blocker has been enhanced to block more unwanted pop-up and pop-under ads.
Integrated Search
Tap into the power of the Web’s most popular search engines with the built-in Search bar, and easily add new engines.
Stronger Security
Firefox keeps you more secure when you’re browsing the Web, closing the door on spyware, worms, and viruses. The Firefox community of developers and security experts works around the clock to monitor security issues and release updates to better protect you.
Clear Private Data
Protect your privacy with the new Clear Private Data tool. With a single click, you can delete all personal data, including browsing history, cookies, Web form entries and passwords.
Live Bookmarks
Stay up to date with your favorite Web sites and blogs. Use Live Bookmarks that update themselves automatically with the latest content from the Web.
Accessibility
Firefox 1.5 delivers easier navigation for everyone, including those who are visually or motor-impaired. Firefox is the first browser to support DHTML accessibility, which, when enabled by Web authors, allows rich Web applications to be read aloud. Users may navigate with keystrokes rather than mouse clicks, reducing the tabbing required to navigate documents such as spreadsheets. Firefox 1.5 (Windows version) is also the first browser to meet US federal government requirements that software be easily accessible to users with physical impairments.
Customize Firefox
Select new button controls for your toolbars, install extensions to add new features, or change the look of your browser with themes - the way Firefox looks and works is under your control.
Next Generation Web Support
Innovative new Web applications and services deliver a richer Web experience. Support for open Web standards in Firefox ensures you can get the most out of this emerging class of Web-based tools.
nope... no firewall. firefox is a web browser.

mind finding what you are referring to? are you sure it isn't mentioning how to configure your firewall/issues it may have with firewalls?

dead0massacre
20th February 2006, 03:51 PM
my sincere apologies xull i was thinking of something else my dad has on his computer i remember the words built in firewall

:) i knew i remembered those 3 words from somewhere

well you outsmarted me and im sorry i :argue_2: argued :argue_2: i got mixed up :oops:

well thanks and il edit my post and remove the firewall part

well thanks for the lesson :)

dead~

Muhahahahaz
20th February 2006, 05:44 PM
:burned:

Oh wait, this isn't wasteland is it, haha... well, to avoid spamming: firefox is definitely the best browser, and if you use something like Script Block against unwanted java script, I doubt you'd ever get hacked.