PDA

View Full Version : Son of a...

NuramII
14th October 2004, 05:27 PM
Okay, wow evil...

I was about to buy my Portcullis just now. My rank is 26,2.. then this guy right at the second i was buying it stole like 900,000 gold. And i'm a small army so i don't get that much gold. Also this guy was like rank 69,000. When i attacked him he had 0 defence yet he outpowered my defence...

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

boriszima
14th October 2004, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear that nuramII

To solve this problem you should upgrade only when rank updating is taking place.
this will decrease the chances of loosing money to nearly zero. that would be my suggestion.

To decrease chances every farther open two amory pages.
one where you will sell weapons, other the one that is scrolled down to upgrade button
go to first page type in number of weapons to sell and press sell. then quickly, right away go to second page and press upgrade. even if the first page does not load, if everything goes right it would sell.

i personally lost a lot of money, and once it was during the rank update when i got was selling sa weapon to raise my defense and some lucky chump got my 96M gold. Just another spoils of war.

Better luck next time

Krystin
14th October 2004, 08:09 PM
I don't go after hardly anyone, but when someone comes and steals my gold I have to get it back. So if they stole from me, then they are fair game. I keep stealing from them until I get my money back and then some. I know I know...I can be bad. :whistilin

Doctor Rock
15th October 2004, 02:03 PM
lol, why do all people take revenge, that's boring, like to take revenge for other people, that's alot cooler :D, and more satisfying, unless u can do a really good attack on your attacker offcourse, but I usually can't cause they have a smaller army the me

NuramII
15th October 2004, 02:16 PM
Heh, well I'm raising my spy ranting so i can sab the guy a lot.

When i orginally attacked him after he stole my money i caused like 75,900 dmg and he had 0 defence...
I'm also planning on weaving myself into my alliance more so i can get protected from guys that are above me, plus the recuiter was working for me, so i was forced to ask someone...

Revenge will be a bitch for this guy, because i feel like he hasn't felt my wrath. Even though he is very lucky to stole that much from me, but he could have picked a better time...

lenino
15th October 2004, 02:32 PM
I was about to buy my Portcullis just now. My rank is 26,2.. then this guy right at the second i was buying it stole like 900,000 gold. And i'm a small army so i don't get that much gold. Also this guy was like rank 69,000. When i attacked him he had 0 defence yet he outpowered my defence...

Has anything like this ever happened to you?
Yeah, I call it 'people-that-go-all-SA-and-have-no-DA-that's-why-their-ranks-are-low'.
I was one of them in the age 3 beta.
Lesson of today? Upgrade when ranks are being upgraded.

domin8ah
16th October 2004, 09:00 AM
Mark him with the buddy system and regularly check his treasury. There will be a moment where he will have a lot of money (when he's sleeping for instance), hit him back then..

I know I'm a nerd for saying this but most of us will know the Klingon saying "Revenge is a dish best served cold" :)

Phyrus
16th October 2004, 09:09 AM
lol, why do all people take revenge

1 word = CHAOS!

Doctor Rock
16th October 2004, 09:33 AM
1 word = CHAOS!

nah, it's a waist of turns if u just attack any person without really getting anything by it, its more fun if it's a little co÷rdinated

Rincewind
19th October 2004, 02:01 PM
A few people have kept attacking me after I stole gold from them just once. They'd keep wasting attack turns, losing some units, damaging their weapons, stealing little or no gold and doing no damage to me at all. In one case, a few weeks ago, I worked out that the person would have to do over 1000 attacks and lose about 4600 units to recover the 300K or so I stole. That wasn't taking into account repairs to their weapons.

Revenge is sweet but I prefer to spend my attack turns on replacing the gold stolen from me. The attacker is usually smaller, so unless sabotage was involved, or repeated attacks, it's not worth the bother of retaliation. Of course, if I'd lost 96M like boriszima that might be a different matter. That was incredibly bad luck, boriszima! Nice that you can be so philosophical about it.

Tekano
21st October 2004, 09:36 AM
lol, yeah this happened when I was a noob, a long time ago though... just use 2 windows... 2 easy.