PDA

View Full Version : Sentry Error?

Captain Obvious
13th October 2004, 08:08 PM
Ok, so my friend tried spying on this one person.

The guy had 1 covert operative, and 610 guard dogs.
Somehow, his sentry rating was around 10 million.

I spied on him too, and was able to confirm this.

Did they change something in the sentry calculations where sentries can use multiple tools? I always thought that if you had say, 50 sentries, you can only use 50 tools.

Of course, he might just have 1 spy, and 0 sentries. In this case, there is another 0 bug.

Orcstriker
13th October 2004, 08:13 PM
wow thats weird ive never heard of that. i wish that would work for me lol i have like 400 extra hooks right now lol

Captain Obvious
13th October 2004, 09:42 PM
ok, i've heard that sentries don't count toward the total number of covert operatives. That would explain this. But it doesn't make any sense.

krazyindahead187
13th October 2004, 11:09 PM
sentries dont count....when i have been spied on by friends and i see the report it only says the number of SPIES for COVERT OPERATIVES. its odd but yea thats how it works.

Graahoeje-Age3
14th October 2004, 12:12 PM
sentries dont count....when i have been spied on by friends and i see the report it only says the number of SPIES for COVERT OPERATIVES. its odd but yea thats how it works.

Yep, only spies count as covert operatives

Greetings from Claus

Jedi
30th January 2005, 09:25 PM
Only spies count as covert operatives. That's really interesting, I was about to open a new thread confirming this but someone already answered it. Thanks.

Anyway, I would like to share with you a screenshot from my intel log: http://img196.exs.cx/img196/6219/confused7pq.gif

Spy Rating: 0
Sentry Rating: 740,352
Covert Skill: 10
Covert Operatives: 0

As you can see from the screenshot above, that player doesn't have any sentry weapons. Just a bunch of banked knives (good investment). So, that means he has 740,352/1,024=723 sentries with no sentry tools.

Katsuchiyo_
30th January 2005, 09:38 PM
This is always something I thought should be revised as well. After all, sentries are kind of covert operatives.

Diaboli
31st January 2005, 05:50 AM
the sentry is messed up now, my sentry rating has not increased even after buying spy tools

Katsuchiyo_
31st January 2005, 07:30 AM
Well, if you don't have sentries to hold the tools, it won't go up. In fact, some people have that staretgy. They buy a lot of tools then they buy a lot of sentries for a big raise.