PDA

View Full Version : Lets have a type fight!

Logan Battleaxe
12th October 2004, 02:19 PM
Sitting in the middle of a clearing in a large forest was a cloaked dwarf. The forest had ancient elms and oaks, some of which were large enough so that a frost giant could not put its arms around and touch his hands.
There was a light mist that covered the roots and earth of the forest. All seemed quiet except for the call of birds and the buzz of flying insects.
Logan sat legs crossed in quiet contemplation. Seemingly oblivious to the world around him. While this was partly true while he was meditating could still detect anything that tried to creep up on him.
The dwarf wore a deep green cloak and his dwarven plate mail. Tani's locket hung from his neck against the outside of the plate mail. His two battleaxes were lying right beside him so he'd be ready for anything.
OOC: Well here goes nothing. Lets see if I got the hang of this.

iwishiknew
12th October 2004, 03:07 PM
Bob aproached the dwarf, wondering what would happen if he were to engage the man and wondering what would happen if he didn't. Bob cared a metalic sword along with a wooden shield and a bullwhip, the last two attacked to his back and belt respectivaly.

He is dressed in a light covering of chainmail that covers everything but his neck and his head. Over the chain mail is a type of cloak that dousn't cover his face but only his body and completaly incircles him.

"You dwarf. Do you wish to engage in battle?"

mind if I point out some problems I see???

Logan Battleaxe
12th October 2004, 03:19 PM
mind if I point out some problems I see???
OOC: No problem. I am here to learn so point away.

IC: Logan picked up his two battleaxes from the ground as he slowly rose from the ground. He placed his weapons in one hand and brushed himself off with his free hand. He then placed his black bladed battleaxe in his right hand and his dwarven battleaxe in the left.
Logan then went into several stretches and when finished, placed his legs in a sturdy stance.
"Aye lad, I be up to yer challenge," said the dwarf. "Ye can have the first move," said Logan who was prepared to take on his challenger.

iwishiknew
12th October 2004, 03:42 PM
Ok first off, you might want to use the ooc VB tags to inclose you OOC coments. Other then that just add some paragraphs and you are fine so far.

BTW, nice job on the words. I keep forgetten to do any special charecter's words like they would talk in real life

Bob reached his left, unencombered hand to his back where he unlatched his shield and brought it upfront before straping it on. He to leaned into a ready position

"It it did take you long enought to get ready. You initiate the battle."

Logan Battleaxe
13th October 2004, 02:03 PM
I think I got it. By the way it says earlier on that your name char name is Bob. Is that what you meant?
IC:
Logan approached Bob. He took slow, well balanced steps until he finally reached Bob. They began circling each other.
Is this ok?
Logan began to check his opponent for weaknesses to exploit. The dwarf began to count the time it took for Bob to blink. After a couple of quick blinks Logan had a good idea of when next he would blink.
He readied himself. Bob blinked. Logan rushed in right shoulder first. Hoping he could bull rush his opponent.

This ok?

iwishiknew
13th October 2004, 02:08 PM
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH HALT. What you just did was SERIOUS god-modding. You NEVER take over someone else's charecter. If so I could do a post like this

Bob swings his sword at the Dwarf and kills him because the man didn't duck.

Realy easy. What I want you to do is to repost you post but with out taking over my charecter. BTW neather of us know eachother's names.

You use the VB tags like this [OOC*][*/OOC] but remove the * and put what you want to be OOC inbetween teh to ][s

Logan Battleaxe
13th October 2004, 02:33 PM
Well there we go. I hope that is ok. I edited it.

iwishiknew
14th October 2004, 03:42 AM
Logan approached Bob. He took slow, well balanced steps until he finally reached Bob. They began circling each other.

What I mean is that I had never in charectaly told you what my name is. All your drawf knows is that I want to fight him. Also it is mostly ok, though I doun't like the part about cirling, though I will not complaign

Logan began to check his opponent for weaknesses to exploit. The dwarf began to count the time it took for Bob to blink. After a couple of quick blinks Logan had a good idea of when next he would blink.
He readied himself. Bob blinked. Logan rushed in right shoulder first. Hoping he could bull rush his opponent.

Alot better here, samething about the blinking though. I aint gona complaign though

Bob was cought of guard as the man seemed to know when he was going to blink and used it against him. The dwarf man came charging at him and was already half-way the distance between them before Bob noticed anything. Crouching into the damp dew covered grass, felling his knees soak though the covering that protected them.

He raised his shield so that he could get fully behind it, now about knee level, and stuck his sword out from behnd it at an odd angle, the tip coming about to middle thigh(sp?) area on a normal man.

Logan Battleaxe
14th October 2004, 05:10 AM
I see. Even though I dont speak your name I should be keeping from mentioning it at all. Alright I understand. Im so used to writting novels that this is hard.
As Logan threw himself at his opponent he realized that the man's sword was about to plunge in his side. Logan threw all his might so that he moved away from the blade. His opponents fine blade and even finer swordsmanship were able to get threw his armor. There was a grating sound as metal scraped metal and as Logan moved away he felt he had a minor cut on his thigh. The dwarf moved towards his opponent. Logan began to spin in fast circles. His axes created momentum until he was just a blur of metal lines. Logan advanced towards the man like this hoping if nothing to frighten him. There was no real good defense to his Logan had learnt over the years.

iwishiknew
14th October 2004, 12:37 PM
And I Role-Play so much writing novels is hard.

Bob felt teh wind from the attack ruffle his cloths and whip his hair around. A flicker of panic dashed though his eyes but was chased away as he ran towards a tree.

Jumping at teh last minute and using his momentum to "walk" up the tree for an extra five or so feet of space, he grabbed onto the tree's lowest branch. Swing upside down Bob watched as the arrows feel from the quiver on his back, only reacting in time to save five of them.

Notching three of them on his newly drawn bow he aimed them and the swirling menace and let go with.

Logan Battleaxe
14th October 2004, 02:43 PM
Logan spun and spun.This maneuvar was not new to the dwarf. Logan had pratised it alot since he discovered it. He had learnt to take in what his opponent was doing while he was spinning.
He watched as the human ran towards the tree. He saw him walk up it. He felt one of the dropped arrows hit one of his axes. He was even able to see his opponent notch an arrow in his bow.
Logan picked up the pace and ran towards the tree. Using grace and dexterity not often known among his kin, Logan ran up the tree while still spinning. He hit the branch the human was hanging on to three times before gravity caused the dwarf to fall to the ground.
His hits had been strong enough to cut through a good portion of the branch.
Before he hit the ground he heard the sound he had been hopping for. He heard the branch crack.
Logan landed on his upperback and did a backwards roll to absorb the impact. Before the branch fell he was back on his feet.
When the bruised dwarf got to his senses he realized he had a arrow shaft in his calf. The leg still held but it was bleeding pretty badly.

iwishiknew
14th October 2004, 03:48 PM
Ok would you mind telling me how you ran up the tree with out having to stop spining in wild circles???

Also, while not technicaly god-modding having something your opponet is standing on break apart or disapear (unless using an elemental attack) might make them alittle but peeved.

When Bob saw the drawf spining as he ran up the tree Bob pulled himself up into a sitting position and then to standing one. Lunging for another branch higher up, he cough it, his white hair bouncing wildly as teh branch he was on gave way to the hacks it had received.

"Smooth move drawf. Now you can't get up to me and I can dily daddle around up here, taking pot shots at you all day."

As if to punctuate his sentance the tree climber grabbed another arrow from his quickly dwindaling stash and put it on the string, pulling it back to aim at the shorter man

"Bt the way my name is Bob Hiko."

Logan Battleaxe
14th October 2004, 04:05 PM
Now that I really think about it. Your right that might be hard to do lol. I cant even picture it. Bah at least you wounded me again.
Logan watched Bob Hiko pull back the string. He put his axes up and readied himself to block the attack. He was only half successful in blocking the arrow which bounced harmlessly off his breast plate.
"Not a bad shot 'uman. But it will take more than yer remaining arrow to take down the likes of me. Me names Logan Battleaxe, pleasure to give ye a thrashing," said the dwarf with a wink.
Logan ran at the tree and went to the other side so that Bob would not have a shot at him. Instead of attacking his opponent Logan raised his axes as if to chop the tree down.
"I'm not wanting to 'urt this tree but if yer not a wee bit more cooperative I'm gonna 'ave to. So what says ye boy?" asked Logan.

iwishiknew
15th October 2004, 11:16 PM
Ok something I just saw. You need to read people's psot more carefully. If you notice I didn't fire the arrow at you. Well it went of anyways so I just grab another one out of thin air and still have....two I think. Also sorry it took me so long. I had to do, and still have to, alot of stuff.

Bob looked down and the newly reveled Logan with renewed interest. He seemed willing to cut down a tree shocking, even though drawfs were infamous for wanting teh shadowy depths of mountains instead of the light, but it showed his resilence and killing someone he just meet.

"Would you realy cut of your won nose to spite your face? I could simple jump from tree to tree, use my sword to cut some spear like weapons. Your nose is valuable, doun't cut it off."

As if to prove his point Bob climbed higher up into the tree, getting about twenty feet higher before reading another arrow.

"Also by the time your axe cuts though this tree I would be able to swich trees."

Logan Battleaxe
16th October 2004, 07:20 AM
Jumping at teh last minute and using his momentum to "walk" up the tree for an extra five or so feet of space, he grabbed onto the tree's lowest branch. Swing upside down Bob watched as the arrows feel from the quiver on his back, only reacting in time to save five of them.

Notching three of them on his newly drawn bow he aimed them and the swirling menace and let go with.
If we count the one I made you fire that leaves one. I am getting better at reading posts but obviously am not pro. I thought i read you had fired. Sorry.
I am patient so dont worry. I might be gone today.
Logan paused for a moment to consider Bob Hiko's words. Finally he had a solution. Logan ran around gathering rocks. Within no time he had enough to accomplish his plan.
"There be more rocks then throwable sticks in those trees. And me rocks be easier to throw. Ye can get down now or ye can fall down," said Logan with a smirk.
To empahsize his point he approached the tree and pulled his arm back.
"I may not be a great rock thrower like some of me kin but I've enough rocks in me hand to hit ye a few times," said Logan. "So are ye gonna stop playing the part of a cowardly orc kin and fight me?"

iwishiknew
16th October 2004, 09:47 AM
Actualy since you made me fire I grabed another so I fired three then I have one in my quiver and one on my string so I now have 2 left.

Bob Hiko didn't like being called a coward. He didn't like it at all. This petit drawf knew NOTHING about what he had been though in his life. This insolent half-man had no right to call someone a coward, exspecialy since the dwarf spent most of his time hiding under great mounds of earth.

The tension in his mind played out on his bow. The string was stretched to it's limit as the arrow it was stuck to was pulled back farther and farther. When the string was about to break, Bob dropped the bow and arrow all together, letting the arrow fly and imbed it's self into the base of a tree.

Then, drawing his sword he leaped of his branch and towards Logan.

Logan Battleaxe
16th October 2004, 09:39 PM
Logan held his breathe as he saw Hiko pull back his bow string. Will he fire? wondered the dwarf. Logan flinched slightly when Bob dropped the arrow and bow. To his happy surprise Bob Hiko jumped down from his perch and began to move towards Logan.
"Thats more like it," said Logan who began to smile.
Before Bob got any closer Logan ran at the man. About a meter before we would have reached his challender, the dwarf went into a roll right in front of him. In mid roll he threw his left hand battleaxe into his right hand so that his right hand held both battleaxes.
After the first rotation was completed, Logan leaped up and threw a handful of dirt at the man's face. After releasing the dirt, Logan dived into another roll this time going to the side of Bob Hiko.
Once he finished the roll he threw one of his battleaxes into his left hand. He was barely behind the man. Logan took the oppertunity to attack his challenger's leg.
Logan winded up and prepared to take a big chop at the human's calf.

iwishiknew
17th October 2004, 10:43 AM
You seem to have gotten most of the RPG gunk down. Just add paragraphs and it should be ok. Wanna try with elements now?

As Logan's thrown dirt arched towards Bob, Bob closed his eyes and turned his face to the side, the dirt hitting his cheek and falling down. He frowned and whiped the remaining smudges of as Battleaxe went into another roll to the side of him.

Turning with the man who was disgracing himself by roling on the ground, Bob was ready for the strike that came towards him. Jumping over the blade he tried to kick Logan in teh face as he landed.

Logan Battleaxe
17th October 2004, 12:18 PM
Logan watched Bob Hiko's leg barely evade his battleaxe. The dwarf realized for the first time that being a dwarf had its disadvatages. His arms were so short that he had to get in close to commit to his attack.
The human's long legs easily hit the dwarf on the forehead sending him sprawling. After a little while Logan was once again able to rise.
"Thank the gods Im a dwarf. If I'd 'ave been a 'uman like ye that might have crack me skull. Good ol' 'ard 'eaded dwarves!"
Logan spit out some blood and then shook his head.
"So ye are good with yer feet and 'hands. Well then, since neither of us want to die why not drop our weapons and fight each other. 'and to 'and combat. Don't matter to me either way Im taking ye down without me axes," said the dwarf.
Logan dropped his battleaxes to the ground as well as the knife he had concealed in his boot.
"Bring it 'uman!" roared the dwarf.