PDA

View Full Version : Clicking system.

stuntitup
28th December 2005, 10:15 PM
Im not sure where to put this, but technical seems true.

I have a few people who are regular clickers. Some links on a PHP page.
Is there actually a way to keep track of who clicked what?

I can track if they clicked the link or not, but if they click the link.. and it takes them to KOC the recruit page, and it says.. sorry you have already clicked this one. Then I have just stored a +Click for them. Or, they can just keep clicking, and earn +Clicks.

Anyway, I thought I would be slick and use PHP to read KOC pages.
So.. they click.. it takes them to myRecruit.php, which reads the contents of KOCrecruit.php, does a little manipulating, and it now looks exactly like the KOC image page, with one problem.. the image says. "Please refresh the page" instead of 0-n-e or.. the number.

So basically, is there an interface for one to use to get statistics from the database? If not, there should be.

Xull
28th December 2005, 11:04 PM
well...
Any recruiting system must display the Kings of Chaos recruit click-through page IN FULL, WITHOUT MODIFICATION, in a standard and well-known graphical web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla, etc.). the admins want you to use the official clickthrough page anyway...

Why not just use a recruiter? Some recruiters work around that problem by handling the cookie themselves... the image is determined by the cookie, so that typically solves the problem if done correctly.

stuntitup
29th December 2005, 12:44 AM
As far as the quote goes I am trying to follow the rules.
Which is why it looks exactly like the KOC site.
http://koc.stuntitup.com/read_recruit.php

.. but there are a few problems that could be worked out easily, if KOC admin wanted it to.

Really, the section they need is a Developer section.
To allow developers to access certain interfaces,.. and things.
To pull statistics.. Make sure the click went all the way through.. and on.. and on.

Phyrus
29th December 2005, 06:46 AM
by obvious means the admins seem to have coded it so there are methods you are forbidden to using to view the recruit page.

in other words, i think what youre doing is illegal.

stuntitup
29th December 2005, 11:22 AM
If any admin thinks this is illeag, PLEASE REPLY. Im trying to follow the rules. I think this would be damn near perfect. Now, some of the other recruiters I have looked at are not even close.

Ohh.. ohh.. I have a greate idea. Why wouldnt KOC develop a recruiter system? The only thing it does is allows certain groups of people to keep track of clicks....
It just needs to keep track of clicks.. not limit receiving clicks, just because someone didnt click... just keep track.

Xull
29th December 2005, 12:03 PM
If any admin thinks this is illeag, PLEASE REPLY.I'm afraid the koc admins don't do much on the forums :(

Im trying to follow the rules. I think this would be damn near perfect. Now, some of the other recruiters I have looked at are not even close.Such as...? all of the recruiters I know of use the actual koc page... though some of them run it through a proxy (local, on the computer).

Ohh.. ohh.. I have a greate idea. Why wouldnt KOC develop a recruiter system? The only thing it does is allows certain groups of people to keep track of clicks....
It just needs to keep track of clicks.. not limit receiving clicks, just because someone didnt click... just keep track.its been mentioned... unlikely that it will happen though... and that method would require you to be logged on, and the game setup is so you don't have to be logged on (or have an account) to click the links.

stuntitup
29th December 2005, 03:32 PM
"its been mentioned... unlikely that it will happen though... and that method would require you to be logged on, and the game setup is so you don't have to be logged on (or have an account) to click the links."

Not true. The way I have it set up is, if someone wants to be a part of this clicking system, then they have to log on, to record there clicks. But if your Aunts brothers neigbor wants to click your link, then he just does that.

Click a link. not logged on.
Record your click. Logged on.

Kind of the same it is already. If you want to be recorded you have to sign in somewhere.
----------------------------------
So the admin dosnt get involved really? Bummer.

Anyway, I guess it is pointless, if KOC is not active here.

Cheers.

Xull
29th December 2005, 04:41 PM
What if I wanted to click for an officer though? (as in give them credits)
If its built in and I'd want it recorded, I'd have to log into their koc account, which is against the rules... or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

anyway, what is the point of keeping track of clicks without having a recruiter?

stuntitup
29th December 2005, 05:10 PM
Is it ok, or acceptable to click for someone else? Sorry, im still a noob. If so, you could just type the name of who you are clicking for. On my site, they are not actually gonna have to log in, just put there KOC name ,and click away. I wouldnt be mad, if someone came and put my KOC name, and clicked for me. There would be no reason to make sure the person is who they say they are. If you dont put a name in the textbox, then Noone gets credit for clicks, but as usual, they get a soldier.

Xull
29th December 2005, 05:32 PM
Yes, it is acceptable to click for others/give them credits. A lot of people do that... since they get half of the clicks of their officers, they return some of it back to their officers. (some more than others)

as for the system you are mentioning, it sounds much like a clickmaster. Something to take into consideration though when being able to just choose the name is faking though. If you can just freely choose a name just like that, (and there is some sort of system to check for faking) then I could just fake for someone I do not like... banning him/her from the clicking system.
or if there isn't fake checking... well then I could fake for myself... and get free units :-/

In any case... what is wrong with just using a recruiter (like any of the ones listed in the Recruiter list and Recruiter Questions Thread (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=12897))?

stuntitup
29th December 2005, 06:07 PM
These programs (recruiters) you download, do they run in the

browser? Do the creaters gain from it?

Advantages of creating your own recruiter.
You can maintain, and customize it to your alliances needs.

As a developer, I can assure you, if KOC didnt specifically make it

hard for one to do this. It would be cake.

I also looked into some recruiters.

Berdusk Recruiter:
.. you have to download an .exe?
ClickDawg:
.. download an .exe.
Clickwhore:
.. 4% click tax for none chain members Credit Transfers.

What does that mean?
Doomsday Device:
(Open to all others during beta testing, but it may become

restricted-access in final version). Also a download.
DrunknTerrorist Recruiter aka Dynamite:
Seems ok, still a download.
LaCN Family Recruiter:
Works with clickwhore?

Im done looking..

-------
"then I could just fake for someone I do not like... banning him/her

from the clicking system."

If you choose the name of that person.. and click for him.. then you

would be helping them get clicks. I dont understand how it would be

possible to get them banned.

-------------------------
Give me a few days, I have a little system worked out.
Ill show it to you, then you tell me what you think.

Xull
29th December 2005, 06:17 PM
These programs (recruiters) you download, do they run in the browser?I think there is one that does run in the browser fully.

Do the creaters gain from it?Increased clickback rate for themselves.

As a developer, I can assure you, if KOC didnt specifically make it hard for one to do this. It would be cake.well... they want you to use their system, so why wouldn't they make it hard?

Berdusk Recruiter:
.. you have to download an .exe?
ClickDawg:
.. download an .exe.something wrong with downloading a program?

What does that mean?the tax? its pr's thing... they charge 4% of clicks on their recruiter for non chain members... makes me wonder why people don't decide to boycott it :-/

Seems ok, still a download.So what is wrong with a download?

If you choose the name of that person.. and click for him.. then you would be helping them get clicks. I dont understand how it would be possible to get them banned.Faking is when you record having clicked the link but didn't actually click it. So basically you are getting credits without actually giving others any units.

stuntitup
29th December 2005, 08:43 PM
Faking .. ahhh, I see. That is the problem im having right now. It may look like they are clicking when they might stop short before the end. Or.. what if they click.. and then records a click.. then says.. im sorry, you have 10 hours before you can click this link. They would still get a credit.

Here would be the system that works.
Read recruit.image.php page.
This would basically give you the source, which you can get by viewing source.
You cannot get any server side stuff by doing this.
Add a little javascript to the 15 buttons that says onClick open and read the result page.
If the result page says. sorry, then record = no
If the result page says. Congrats, you just gave a soldier, then Record = yes.

Aright, gonna mess around with it a lil more. Im just trying to develop an easy browser system, that is fair to all, and works.. not updates.. no .exe no tax, with all the same functionality.