PDA

View Full Version : KoC Reset???

TheUnknownSoldier
16th November 2005, 03:05 PM
I tried logging in several times and the site apparently was down. I did some work, came back, and was able to log in as normal.

When I went back through my attack logs and intelligence logs, my most recent attacks had moved up in time. Sab attacks that happened approximately 11 hours ago now said 7 hours ago. Attacks that happened 3-4 hours ago said they happened 1 second ago. Also, the attack history stayed at 1 second, even after I went and bought some weapons, etc.

What happened? I don't think I've seen a screw up this bad yet. I guess it's par for the course, but unique in my experience. Anyone have any thoughts, and please don't tell me that it's because the server was overloaded. I think we've all heard that excuse too much already.

Okastega
16th November 2005, 03:10 PM
Same thing here, maybe some database problems, maybe an update. No harm done so it doesn't like bug me.

mibhunter
16th November 2005, 03:10 PM
well, I've seen it screw up even worse. One more screw up and I'm gone. I lost IS and etc and even when I copied the little annoying words right, I checked a thousand times..It still says wrong...

y05hci058
24th November 2005, 06:27 PM
My experinece was worse...
I tried logging in several times but unable to get in. The site was back up again after I went to the toilet.
But when i logged in, all my upgrades were restarted!

Slayer_of_the_Immortals
24th November 2005, 06:59 PM
[...]Anyone have any thoughts, and please don't tell me that it's because the server was overloaded. I think we've all heard that excuse too much already. Just cause it overloads once doesn't mean it can't and won't keep doing it until what ever is causing it is found and fixed. I have seen allot of speculations about what might cause it, but no one really knows, and just because the admins know coding doesn't mean they’ll automatically know what the problem is either. With all the possibilities for errors it could be very hard to fix. I mean, think about it: It could be a problem with a piece of software on the server, could be a hardware problem, it could be a problem with one of data files of KoC, or it could be a coding error (And, Think about all the code that would be needed to make up KoC, and imagine trying to sort thought it all to find a single error.) There is no one little thing they have that has a button that says "Tell me what's causing this error."