PDA

View Full Version : Blackmailling

dundog
4th November 2005, 03:41 PM
I was wondering if blackmailling is an authorized way to get clicks/soldiers, with programs like clickwhore, from other players ?

Marko795
4th November 2005, 03:44 PM
wat do you mean by blackmailing? Like i no what it means but I dont get wat your asking

krips
4th November 2005, 03:47 PM
Maybe he's wondering if you could do something like this:
"Join me now or I'll sab you into the ground" or something like that. I don't think it's illegal, but it would definitly be frowned upon. If some alliances were to find out about it you'd probably get massed.

dundog
4th November 2005, 03:49 PM
hmmm well for exemple someone mails you this message it's a bit different but still in the same spirit

"get me 1k credits through clickwhore or I sab all your things"

the_phoenix
4th November 2005, 03:54 PM
well yer basically what krips said but for clicks. Its legal but definately not liked at all. Just reply back saying sorry i use another recruiter or get your alliance to mass sab him. PM me the guys name if you like i see if i can do anything.

Marko795
4th November 2005, 03:54 PM
ooo never heard of anyone trying that trick. I have had 10 message saying they would make me a farm but they never could beat me so it all good. but ya never heard of someone do that before.

the_phoenix
4th November 2005, 04:01 PM
yer is quite strange. Blackmailing and such and such but asking for clicks is just well.....wrong. Hopefully the prob can be sorted

Iceman
4th November 2005, 04:02 PM
I think the important thing here is not if it's legal, obviously it is but is not correct.

To send messages is perfectly normal in the game but to threaten another player to demand something is an attitude that should be avoided because it is not fair.

Anyway I am sure that people who do that will be massed to hell because no alliance is going to accept this kind of things.

dundog
4th November 2005, 04:07 PM
hmmm yeah that's about what I though

actually I talked to the guy on msn and he actually said that he did this to multiple people and also said that he would basicaly destroy my account "for fun" if I didn't get him his clicks

But just something like that the main reason he said at first was that I was a treat to him and that he had to neutralize me (I had stolen some gold from him in like .. the first week of this age) and anyway after I pretty much explained that he was quite wrong and that I had no chance of catching up to him and that anyway I had no reason to target him specifically (just to clarify that he didn't send that kind of message to anyone just to ones who talked to him first)

although his spy rank isn't high enough to get to me he told me he had access to an account with a spay rating which is just about 250 times my sentry rating

Monsuco
4th November 2005, 04:12 PM
although his spy rank isn't high enough to get to me he told me he had access to an account with 150,000,000 while my sentry is ~ 600,000
First off, bad idea to state your sentry rank here. But you can if you want too. Anyways, it is very much illegal to log into an account that you don't personally run and it is illegal to have multiple accounts. I think you could report him on that count. Unfortunitly blackmail is legal, but using multiple accounts isnt legal at all..

dundog
4th November 2005, 04:19 PM
Anyways, it is very much illegal to log into an account that you don't personally run and it is illegal to have multiple accounts. I think you could report him on that count. Unfortunitly blackmail is legal, but using multiple accounts isnt legal at all..
hmm maybe I'm mistaken but the way he said it, it sounded more like if it was one of his friends account. So by access I guess he meant he could just log in and make use of his powerful spy rank (I'm not sure if the multiple account rule prohibits this correct me if I'm wrong :))

but anyway is there a way to get a proof that he owns both accounts ?

Monsuco
4th November 2005, 04:28 PM
hmm maybe I'm mistaken but the way he said it, it sounded more like if it was one of his friends account.
I will quote the rules here.

Rules

The following are prohibited:

* Posting links in the Kings of Chaos chat or Kings of Chaos forums
* Attempting to cause harm to the any of the Kings of Chaos servers
* Registering or having control of more than one account
* Sharing passwords with other people and logging into accounts that are not yours
* Posting your link in chat rooms, newsgroups, message boards, or forums unless it is explicitly allowed by the owner/operator of the chat room, newsgroup, message board, forum, etc..
* Sending your link to people you do not know
* Posting your link on a forum where it is against that forum's policies or off-topic
* Repeatedly refreshing pages with our without the intention to slow the server
* Registering an email address that is not yours
* Registering more than one account
* Sending your link to an e-mail reflector or list or a USENET group
* Using any process which enables clicking of a unique link more than once per day by the same person
* Downloading any part of the Kings of Chaos website with any piece of software other than a web browser
* Using any process that automatically gets information from the website
* Attempting in any way to circumvent the mechanisms set up to keep Kings of Chaos fair

Yes, logging into a friends account is against the rules. It says so specificly.

the_phoenix
4th November 2005, 04:28 PM
yer exactly got him there but he could be just lying and threatening you. But glad you stood up to him you have our support im sure.

Its just a game and for people to blackmail people is just so wrong!!!!!!!!

dundog
4th November 2005, 04:35 PM
hmmm nice thanks for the advice ( I should read the rules before asking questions like that :)) but then again can he be banned on my word only or do I have to provide some proof ?

(I never bow down to those who treathen the weaks ;))

the_phoenix
4th November 2005, 04:38 PM
lol i doubt he will be banned cos only he knows if he has 2 accounts but you can try

dundog
4th November 2005, 04:44 PM
heh that's what I thought it's pretty hard to prove something like that

I guess the only way would be to get him to admit it in a message in KoC from there I guess the Devs would be able to get it from the logs (if they keep them) but then again he could say he was just kidding but anyway :)

WRATHZILLA
4th November 2005, 05:08 PM
Give me his name in kings of chaos;Ill tell all my commander.Im wrath-of-fury.Im tired of people picking on smaller people,Im sometimes the case too.

dundog
5th November 2005, 10:03 PM
Well I tried to talk him out of it but it seems he's decided about it so here's his name Name edited. -SilverSable

another funny thing is that now that I stood up to him he's asking for 2k clicks/soldiers hehe ^^ he's so funny

Morten
6th November 2005, 12:58 AM
Your spies successfully enter name edited armory undetected, and destroy 4 of the specified type of weapon. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your spies successfully enter name edited armory undetected, and destroy 4 of the specified type of weapon. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your spies successfully enter name edited armory undetected, and destroy 3 of the specified type of weapon. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your spies successfully enter name edited armory undetected, and destroy 3 of the specified type of weapon. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

lala-lala-laaa

Name edited out. -SilverSable

the_phoenix
7th November 2005, 03:13 PM
lol glad to see hes getting some back nice. So dundog is the prob solved??

dundog
7th November 2005, 03:27 PM
for now I guess but I still have to wait till five days have passed (starting last friday) to see if he'll retry to sab me :)

I_AM_MEXI
7th November 2005, 06:32 PM
has he gotten you yet?
He seems a little outa reach for my spies right now but yea, At least he's gotten something.

L0STSTAR
9th November 2005, 11:25 AM
You could also find someone with a small army to kill off his soldiers. That would be double the pain because his clicks are wasted; he loses his weapons, and he doesn't have the TBG to rebuild.

SilverSable
9th November 2005, 12:39 PM
Problem solved. Name given (I edited it out though).
Please remember, giving KOC names in GUA to retailiate is not allowed.
Send them a PM in KOC or an email or join an alliance to get help.