PDA

View Full Version : Being a Commander

csd1_uk
3rd November 2005, 06:12 AM
ok guys, i am new to this yesterday and a few of my friends have signed up and made me there commander.

what i want to know is what does this actually mean?

i know i get a soldier for every 2 they get, but can we actually attack together, or can i give them money and resources and vice versa?

thanks

BillyfromIbiza
3rd November 2005, 06:21 AM
no u get soldiers off them thats about it

gideon
3rd November 2005, 06:31 AM
well as an commander u should be able 2 outgrow them easely u will be stronger as u get more troops.
1 u are the commander so u should keep contact between your officers as they are your IRL friends this should be easy
2 as you grow faster u will be stronger so if 1 of your officers get farmed u can retaliate for them or send the farmer a warning that u will do so hopefully he will stop
3 if they dont stop u can coardinate attacks between your officers
4 if u will go a sab(spy)/sentry account u can profide them with info about their enemy`s or give them good targets to attack as u wil c the gold that players have faster and spy with more ease

im sure some ppl can tell u more but this will put in the right direction

Xull
3rd November 2005, 06:39 AM
Typically a commander will make a number of services available, such as spying for officers, farmlists, sell offs, click awards/whatever, sab for them, arrange masses, provide advice, and the such. Not all will offer all of these, but most will offer some... Not too good of a commander if they wouldn't help at all <_<

csd1_uk
3rd November 2005, 09:07 AM
thanks guys for that so far, its just quite a jump from playing for 5 hours then having 3 officers!!! straight away.

is there a better way i can get more soldiers easily?

what do sentrys do?

and also whats the best way of spying, like how many spies do i need and how do i improve the,

cheers

one more thing, is there a way of defending yourself better against spies so that they cannot find out as much about you?

Xull
3rd November 2005, 09:20 AM
is there a better way i can get more soldiers easily?Best way is to get up 640 and click on a recruiter (check the Recruiter list and Recruiter Questions Thread (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=12897) for a list of public recruiters)

For example, on Doomsday Device (http://www.kocplanet.com/d), I can click about 60-70 cpm (average, not max - you can probably click faster if you have a numpad, I don't :() and click about 1k clicks in something like 20 minutes... Then in turn people will click you back. I think I can get about 1k units per day from that... If you check again later there will probably be quite a few units again ;) (d3 (doomsday device) will remove you from the list if you have too few credits)

what do sentrys do?They hide your gold and make it harder to recon/sab you.
An opponent will need 2x your sentry as spy to see your gold.

and also whats the best way of spying, like how many spies do i need and how do i improve the,Always send 1 (ONE) spy each time; to improve them, increase your spy (by training more spies and getting keys)

Also get get covert level 10 (training page), it will help on both spy + sentry rating ;)
Each level will double your previous ratings :)

one more thing, is there a way of defending yourself better against spies so that they cannot find out as much about you?Well its best to have only the best weapons, but you can get one of each of the other weapons/tools to increase how much they can't see & make it harder to find out what they want.

Blitz
3rd November 2005, 09:21 AM
thanks guys for that so far, its just quite a jump from playing for 5 hours then having 3 officers!!! straight away.

is there a better way i can get more soldiers easily?
Check out the recruiters. Recruiter list and questions thread in this board, and Recruiter discussion in the Great Hall. :)

what do sentrys do?
Help hide your gold, prevent others from reconning you easily, and prevent others from sabotaging you easily, more or less.

and also whats the best way of spying, like how many spies do i need and how do i improve the,
Get spy level 10 as soon as possible, and buy the best tools you can. Training spies helps a lot, too. But, you'll want to send in 1 spy at a time, for best results.

cheers

one more thing, is there a way of defending yourself better against spies so that they cannot find out as much about you?
Refer to sentries. ;) Attack : Defense :: Spies : Sentries

BillyfromIbiza
3rd November 2005, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't recommend doomsday, use rogue guild. It has an auto login feature and doesnt support fury.

Xull
3rd November 2005, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't recommend doomsday, use rogue guild. It has an auto login feature and doesnt support fury.doomsday has autologin too :tongue:
last time I tried rogue guild it was kind of slow... waaaaay slower than d3.
I'll have to see if they have a new version <_<
whats wrong with supporting fury? better than using cw ;)

Carnival*
4th November 2005, 04:14 PM
hey if you wanna pm me (on here or in game alou on game duh!) i can help ya out with any questions

Xull
4th November 2005, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't recommend doomsday, use rogue guild. It has an auto login feature and doesnt support fury.Well anyway I tried rogue guild again... SLOW reminds me why I stopped using it <_<
as for autologin... um... bad idea to use a program for to login for you... never know what could be sent to some remote location ;)
Besides, you aren't supposed to "type your password into any site other than kings of chaos"

no u get soldiers off them thats about itThat wouldn't make for much of a good commander :icon_eh:

AznCrusad3r
5th November 2005, 06:08 AM
Being a good commander is more than just helping them find targets, giving them sell offs, and warning off sabbers/farmers

its more about being active, making the game more fun for them, talking to them, and seeing as they're ur RL friends, it makes it alot easier, u can discuss statedgys to gain ranks, ways to get revenge on someone who sabbed/farmed you or w/e

and yes rouge is SLOW, its slower than CR...., i support D3! (even tho im SC :P)