PDA

View Full Version : Selling sabbed weapons

TeddyUK
5th October 2004, 06:24 AM
Surpose I have 10 Blackpowder missiles and I know 2 have been sabbed.
If I sell 2 of them will it be the sabbed ones that are sold, or will I have to sell all of them.
Anybody know.

Phyrus
5th October 2004, 06:32 AM
well considering weapons are auto equipped, none of the coding actually details which ones are sabotaged at all and how they differ from others, so your interpretation of wondering if you sell 2 weapons would they be the sabbed ones... there is 100% of not knowing which weapon is which when it comes to full health etc.

just sell them all..

Lord_Galdor
5th October 2004, 08:33 AM
By my knowledge, the sabotaged weapons will be sold first. If you just sell two, the problem will be solved.

ManxTT
5th October 2004, 09:01 AM
The sabbed ones are sold first. I was already pretty sure this was the case but I just wanted to make sure, so I did a test with sticks a minute ago. I bought 10 and got someone to sab 4 of them. I then sold 3 and attacked someone.

1 Stick were sabotaged by enemy spies!!

You see the weapons you have are all recorded as a group in the database and not as individual items to save on space in the database. It's most likely that there's a field for each group that records the no of weapons in that weapon group that have been sabbed. It's like the weapon damage field. That's calculated for the whole group, not individual weapons.

I'm not great at explaining this stuff but I hope this helps. Here's an example of what that might look like.

Weapon Type | No. Of Weapons | Sabbed Weapons | Curr. Weapon Strength
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dragonskin | 10 | 5 | 2450.65
Excalibur | 15 | 7 | 2357.78

So every time someone sabs Dragonskins the value in the sabbed weapons increases by the amount that was sabbed
And every time you sell Dragonskins it decreases the value of sabbed weapons by how many you sell until that value gets to zero.

Valheru_Prince
5th October 2004, 09:38 AM
It automatically sells the sabbed ones, i know for sure. How to find out if they are sabbed is hard though. I just take a guess basically about how many to sell. Good luck on it.

Gerottimo
5th October 2004, 02:45 PM
I did the experiment with one of my officers helmets and he sold the sabbed helmets first.

AeonsLegend
5th October 2004, 05:45 PM
I use my diplomatic skills to find out which are destoryed. Never failed me. I did the stick-test over a month ago to make sure.

Jedi
5th October 2004, 06:03 PM
Sabbed weapons are sold first, really? So basically the system assists the players, making it easier for them to discard sabbed weapons, which I personally disagree. I prefer that the system would sell weapons at random. Making the gameplay more challenging...

AeonsLegend
5th October 2004, 06:06 PM
You used to be able to discover sabbed weapons with your spies, but they took that out. I mean a broken weapon is mostly easily discovered if you look for it. Besides selling all your weapons to get just a few sabbed back might be okay if you only have a few weapons, but I'm not going to sell all my 900 BPM's to make sure I don't lose 1. So I disagree.