PDA

View Full Version : Well, I doubt this is a problem but why does KoC use Javascript?

Monsuco
29th October 2005, 02:17 PM
According to noscript. KoC uses javascript on all their pages. I am suspicious, because I know that it may not be KoC, it may be their advertisers trying to do something. I am wondering, why the heck KoC would need javascript. (I don't know much about Javascript, but isn't KoC just written in PHP? PHP doesn't need javascript to run and there are no aleart messages or anything on KoC) I just am a little curious as to what the Javascript could do since the page diplays fine when I block it. I will attach a screenshot of Noscript detecting Javascript on KoC. (Well, I had to crop it, things were too big. Also, to see the picture, just click on the minipicture under attached files)

Xull
1st November 2005, 09:10 AM
Koc server code uses php. But on the client side, both koc and the advertisers have scripts... All koc's javascript does is open a chat window, nothing special.

oh yeah and I think it might also prevent the enter key from submitting other than on the login page... Don't remember, haven't looked at the code recently.

but anyway, you won't miss it if its off, you can keep it disabled ;)

Anduine
1st November 2005, 03:39 PM
Like xull said, the KoC site wouldn't function without the Javascript. PHP can only access the mysql, the Javascript has to do other things can cannot be done with the php.