PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Question About Things Like the Clan Recruiter.

Jino
27th October 2005, 05:36 PM
During an mIRC chat, I got flamed for using one of the programs that was similar to the ClanRecruiter. ( Well, it was. )

I wish to have a senior moderator or admin confirm this. Although anyone can answer me.

I see a lot of people getting a large army with this, and I don't mind, but please,

Is anything like the Clan Recruiter considered a bloody hack?

Thank you.

To Trunks: Tsk.

Dez
27th October 2005, 05:41 PM
wtf are they talking bout CR wont hack joo lol

but it aint that good for non chain members rrac is the best recruiter ^^ you will see it around and about in the next few days

Jino
27th October 2005, 05:43 PM
I know, but you see, my friends have a small prejeduce against me, and none of them ever used it before, so they keep thinking it automates your clicks or something similar to that.

And I meant anything and everything like ClickRecruiter.

I don't see any rules against programs like those either.

Phyrus
27th October 2005, 07:08 PM
us mods/smods only control the forums, we have no control/juristiction over the game, therefore we cant do anything.

sorry but its the truth.

on a more personal note, as far as i know, CR is safe.

Anduine
27th October 2005, 07:09 PM
Clickers like the Clan Recruiter are perfectly legal as long as they don't violate the following conditions:

*Must show all of the KoC recruit page (to show ads)
*Must be manual clicking

Beyond that, there's no real rules for clickers, and they're not considered hacks at all :)

Jino
29th October 2005, 12:40 PM
>_> My friends have a bad sense of judging things.

the_phoenix
29th October 2005, 02:07 PM
obviously lol.

Clicking is perfectly legal. but clicking is so boring i would rather watch paint dry

evil_viper123
30th October 2005, 01:18 AM
YEh.. 2 of my friends decided to be w**kers and accuse me of cheating cause I used CW !!! Stupid n00bs ... this made me laugh... they also said selloffs were cheating lmao

Monsuco
30th October 2005, 10:21 AM
Clickers are not cheating so long as you are doing the clicking. Programs like Clan Recruiter and Click Whore are perfectly legal. There used to be a few programs out there that automaticly clicked for you. Those were illegal. (Also, I don't think adblocking is against the rules, I use the Adblock extention for Firefox, and I have never been told that's cheating, especially since so many of the KoC ads contain tracking cookies.)

STARBLASTER
31st October 2005, 02:08 AM
I cleaned up my pc, opened ie ( koc set as home page ), did nothing,
closed ie and swept my pc.
14 of the #$#@$%%^ tracking cookies jumped on board.
You don't even have to click on an ad and they jump on you.

Monsuco
31st October 2005, 06:05 PM
Recruiter Guidelines

Definition: A methodical system of gaining officers, or soldiers, where participants click on each other's links. Such a system may be automated, partially automated, or completely manual.

Any such recruiting systems or "recruiters" must adhere to the following guidelines:

* Any recruiting system must display the Kings of Chaos recruit click-through page IN FULL, WITHOUT MODIFICATION, in a standard and well-known graphical web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla, etc.).
* Recruiting click-through images must be recognized and clicked by a human being without the aid of optical recognition software.

As long as a recruiter meets these guidelings, it is legal. Clan recruiter meets these specifications, so it is fair (also, GUA even keeps a list of legal recruiters, Clan Recruiter is one of them)

Xull
31st October 2005, 06:12 PM
Also, I don't think adblocking is against the rules, I use the Adblock extention for Firefox, and I have never been told that's cheating, especially since so many of the KoC ads contain tracking cookies.Ads <> tracking cookies, though sources are a different issue...

Anyway... ad blocking is not against the rules unless it is the recruitment clickthrough page... says so in the rules if you read it right ;)
ie, system does not mean a specific program (the recruiter) but rather whatever is involved (including adblocking)