PDA

View Full Version : Sabotage rules have changed ???

drazky
21st October 2005, 03:38 AM
Well.... I ve just taken my lvl 10 spy, so I decided to test my spy abilities (and the new skeleton key weapons :) )..... I found a guy with almost no sentry and 3 IS, 4 dragonskins, 6 mithrils and several plate armours (couldn't see the exact number). I tried to sabb one of his plate armours.... and the boring " Your officers inform you that you will never be able to get away with sabotaging that much of an opponent's armory. " appeared. According to the old rules I should have been able to sabotage this weapon ( or atleast to get caught).....but.... it didn't happen.....
Has anybody had the same problem? And if yes, what are the new rules?

Thank you

Always Greener
21st October 2005, 05:13 AM
You can only sab N weapons of the same type if he/she has at least 10N+1 of that type of weapons. It is nothing related to tools and other different type of weapons. If he has only 10 plate armors in their armory, you cannot sab those armors. If he has 11, you can only take 1 of them and no more further. If he has 21, you can take 2 of them. After that, you can only take 1 because only 19 left.
You cannot clean up his armory during the new sab rule.

BillyfromIbiza
21st October 2005, 06:09 AM
i treid to sab a guy with 71 blackpowders got the "officers inform you you'll never get away with it message" and i only tried to sab 2 of them! But I did manage to sab 3 broadswords when the guy only had 3.

Stryker
21st October 2005, 07:57 AM
You can only sab N weapons of the same type if he/she has at least 10N+1 of that type of weapons. It is nothing related to tools and other different type of weapons. If he has only 10 plate armors in their armory, you cannot sab those armors. If he has 11, you can only take 1 of them and no more further. If he has 21, you can take 2 of them. After that, you can only take 1 because only 19 left.

What are you smoking?

Each weapon has a number value (its power... IS = 10,000 Dragonskin = 2,560 Plate Armor = 160, etc)

You can now only sab 10% of their armory PER SAB ATTEMPT... not just 10% total, so in theory, if they only have one type of weapon, and you were not caught, you could completely level a person's armory by yourself.

krips
21st October 2005, 10:30 AM
Would't you only be able to sab until they had 9 of whatever item left? Because 10% of 10 is 1, but 10% of 9 is less than one, and you can't sab part of something...

Always Greener
22nd October 2005, 12:12 AM
If you have 10 IS and 10 BPM and 1 trillion of keys and towers, you're safe.
Eventhough you add a chariot, you're still safe.
Some PR members tried to test their sabbings.

t0msky
22nd October 2005, 04:58 AM
no its changed because a handful of people cried like babies to get it changed, and because it appears they have the admins either in their pocket or some other arrangement with them, the ppl who wrote the game went and fucked it up for everyone, unless of course your idea of fun is sitting on tbg and diong nothing

Jumalanruoska
22nd October 2005, 05:16 AM
If you have 10 IS and 10 BPM and 1 trillion of keys and towers, you're safe.
Eventhough you add a chariot, you're still safe.
Some PR members tried to test their sabbings.

you are not safe. Tools add up to what you can sab.

You can now only sab 10% of their armory PER SAB ATTEMPT... not just 10% total, so in theory, if they only have one type of weapon, and you were not caught, you could completely level a person's armory by yourself.

Yea, but only if you dont tap in between sabs.

Always Greener
22nd October 2005, 09:44 PM
Tools don't count in what you can sab.

By the way, sabbing 33 BPM/40 IS per attempt still applies.

Jumalanruoska
23rd October 2005, 12:34 AM
Tools don't count in what you can sab.

wanna elaborate? last age they did count in. Is it part of the changed formulas?

drazky
23rd October 2005, 02:46 AM

The most logical (and working) explanation so far. Thank you mate :).... I'll keep testing..... btw, isn't there some official guidlines (explanations) in KoC except the font page?.... or, lol " we have to find this out ourselves " ?

(*)U|M(*)
23rd October 2005, 03:02 AM
Ok people, here is the correct sabotage formula & most inmportant change in age 5:

I have discovered the following about age 5 sabotage:

I recently descovered that the sabotageable precentage of an armory is 9.1% (exactly 9.0909090909....)

But here is an even bigger difference, last age and such, you could ceep on sabotaging stuff, as long as it was not broken. Now, at least for me, at once the weapons are sabotaged, they count AS broken sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Example from age 3:
a guy has 48 IS, I can sabotage 12 each time, until there is 0 left.

TRUE example this age:
A guy has 55 BPM, I can first sabotage 5 of them. Then right after doing that, (now he has a total of 50 BPM) I try to sabotage 5 more (In age 3 & 4 that would have worked fine) Now that does NOT work, and I have to sabotage 4, and then even less as the total of functional BPM's decrease!!!
Alternate explanation since many people have a hard time understanding this:

Ok..

I dont know how to explain this easier but Ill try.

First thing I found out was that instead of 25% of an armory you could sabotage at one mission, like it has been the past ages. you can now only sabotage 9.1% wacko.gif

The second thing I found out was that now, at once a weapon is sabotaged(broken or not does not matter anymore) it does not count at the total strength of the armory, I think you can still see it in your armory, even if it is sabotaged, but for saboteurs, it does not count at the total strenght!!!

So if a guy has 11 IS, I can first sabotage ONE of them!
But after sabotaging ONE, I cannot sabotage ONE more, because 9.1% out of 10 IS is not the total strength of one IS.

Enjoy!

STARBLASTER
23rd October 2005, 06:29 AM
Yeh I know I am going to sound dense but...
...does this 9.01% apply to individual weapons types or to the armory total ?

Army A 11 BPM'S & 10 INV SHLDS
only the 1 x BPM is sabbable right?
Army B 10 BPM'S & 10 INV SHLDS & 25 DRAGONSKINS
only 2x DRAGONSKINS are sabbable right?

(*)U|M(*)
23rd October 2005, 06:41 AM
Armory A is correct.

Armory B is not.
The attack and defence counts seperate.
So 10 IS, thats 100,000 total and 25 Dragonskins, thats 64,000 total. so you have a defence total of 164,000 meaning that on the first sabotage you can sabotage a strength of 14,924. Thats 1 IS or 4-5 Dragonskins...

St1ck
23rd October 2005, 07:47 AM
So in conclusion, it is even harder to sab people in the start of the age. On the other hand, it is easier to sab later on in the age when people have many weapons.

(*)U|M(*)
23rd October 2005, 11:18 AM
Yes, the total sabotageable weapons at one attack is bigger, and the success chance is about the same, feel taht its somehow harder to recon, and the n00b-protection is strongly increased.

Jumalanruoska
23rd October 2005, 12:36 PM
The attack and defence counts seperate.

Where did you get that from? r u sure?

(*)U|M(*)
23rd October 2005, 01:17 PM
I got it from, well, myself, and if im sure about that attack and defence armory strenghts counts seperately, yeah, 100%

TheOutsider314
23rd October 2005, 02:46 PM
If he has 11, you can only take 1 of them and no more further.

So if a guy has 11 IS, I can first sabotage ONE of them!
But after sabotaging ONE, I cannot sabotage ONE more, because 9.1% out of 10 IS is not the total strength of one IS.

Enjoy!

That is incorrect, because My friend only had 10 bpms and I took 1 of them.. .which left him with 9... So, you CAN take 2, if he has 11..

(*)U|M(*)
23rd October 2005, 03:13 PM
Well... Ive used the example of IS, with the example of 10 BPM, you get a total strength of 120,000. and 120.000\9.1 = 13.000 something. Wich means that I am not wrong at all. And your theory about that you can take 2 from someone with 11 BPM, is wrong.
Take some tought into it before you say something like that to me again. :crazy:

jascoggi
6th November 2005, 02:14 PM
Well... Ive used the example of IS, with the example of 10 BPM, you get a total strength of 120,000. and 120.000\9.1 = 13.000 something. Wich means that I am not wrong at all. And your theory about that you can take 2 from someone with 11 BPM, is wrong.
Take some tought into it before you say something like that to me again. :crazy:

Lol.

I have to say your explaination works, when some other peoples' sounds right but are not exactly right when they add in more then one type of weapon. Thank man.

But to be honest, it is easier to use Always Greener's explaination if you only see the number of weapons for only 1 type, and they have a lot of other random weapons.

warlordargh
6th November 2005, 07:17 PM
How is it that everyone says 9.01% of an armory can get sabd? I had a total attack of just over 7 mill. i guy got through my sentries and sabd 14 of 24 BPM! My attack is now just over 4 mill. that is a s***load more than 9%.
Explain please.

Irish-Terror
6th November 2005, 09:56 PM
ya i don't think that the 9.01% thing is exactly right either because i was sabbed for more than that earlier, but i can't remember if it was before the admins changed it again... anyways i think that it is pretty close and i use it when sabbing other people