PDA

View Full Version : Movies Cos Playing

Marushia
4th September 2004, 06:41 PM
Carry over:

Do you, have you, or would you cos play? Who do/have/would you cos play as?

Ganks
4th September 2004, 06:47 PM
yes, i got to dress like sephy almost 2-3 years ago(cant remember) it was soooo kewl

Neko Reichiru
4th September 2004, 07:11 PM
If I ever had the skills to cosplay, I'd probably do something easy first. I'd probably also go as something from one of my favorite animes, like Ruki Makino from Digimon Tamers. Another one I'd do would be Sakura from Naruto. I do love when I find those rare already made cosplaying costumes online. I'd buy them, if they weren't so expensive

Ganks
4th September 2004, 07:49 PM
u could try to make em' if u can sew

Darkstar_
4th September 2004, 08:05 PM
im not big on the whole dressing up thing and i really don't have the time for it. I just have no skills when it comes to desiging clothes and sewing and things like that...i mean i can bearely dress myslef in the morning what makes you think i would be capable of cos playing.

Pustolio
4th September 2004, 10:04 PM
i would really love to cosplay but i have no skills in sewing and stuff. in middle school we had to sew together a pair of pants... OMG mine came out so horrible, didnt even finish it.

characters id like to cosplay: demons eye kyo or vash.

Marushia
5th September 2004, 02:40 AM
So get your mom or aunts or grandma to do it for you. Or, you can just mix and match other costumes that may only have part of what you're looking for.

Ganks
5th September 2004, 08:30 AM
another person i'd like to cos play as is vicious from bebop. that would be kewl. and if i could tame some raven to stay on my shoulder that would be even kewler.

yay 100 post

Ceres
5th September 2004, 11:26 AM
Like I said in the original thread, I would do it if I had the money and the skills required to do it right.

And I would probably dress up as some guy, like Haru, Hibiki, or Haku, just to confuse all my friends.

Ganks
5th September 2004, 12:05 PM
wow, i never thought of Alucard, that would be pretty awesome. And to be Auron from ff10, with the glasses and the sword, just awesome

Pustolio
5th September 2004, 11:13 PM
if i were to cosplay a Final Fantasy dude i would either be vivi! (YEA BLACK MAGES!) or a moogle (KUPO!) i would like to cosplay loki from ragnarok but finding or making loki's skeleton armor would be very difficult...

Saya
6th September 2004, 06:32 AM
heh If I could cosplay I would do sooooo many but hey I have no time for it.....umm..you know sum people shouldn't be cosplaying >.>

Loco_Loco
6th September 2004, 07:07 AM
I can't choose, I would do someone interesting like... erm... I can't think! Argg...

Warned for spamming.- Neko Reichiru

Ganks
6th September 2004, 09:10 AM
oo oo, or baralai from ff10-2. he was really kewl with that staff thingy

Ceres
6th September 2004, 09:38 AM
Or Gippal from FFX-2 because he had an eyepatch and a really cool and really big machina gun. ^-^

Marushia
6th September 2004, 11:58 AM
heh If I could cosplay I would do sooooo many but hey I have no time for it.....umm..you know sum people shouldn't be cosplaying >.>

Or cosplayed.

i would like to cosplay loki from ragnarok but finding or making loki's skeleton armor would be very difficult...

Loki's a cool character, but if I were to cosplay as someone from Ragnarok, it'd be Choas.

Another good one, that is fairly easy to do, would be Android 17 from DBZ.

Also, that one guy, Albeto, who is the second to last boss of Xenosaga.

Elmdor
7th September 2004, 09:03 PM
I would dress up as Miroku the lecherous monk from InuYasha. I have a perverted personality just like Miroku, and just like Miroku... I get turned down by the ladies quite easily. I used to be able to sew stuff, but that was when I took home economics in 8th grade which was around 3 or so years ago. :(

Ceres
8th September 2004, 12:36 PM
Miroku's costume would actually fairly easy to make, I think.

I never could sew worth mentioning -_-;; It's sad.

Elmdor
8th September 2004, 06:18 PM
Yeah it's pretty much just his robes and the wrappings on his arm. The staff would be extremely easy to make if you had metal shop. The only thing that would be a bit hard would probably be how Miroku wraps the beads etc around his right arm. I think it would be fun to just dress up like anime charachters around halloween too though.

Lemming
8th September 2004, 06:33 PM
Unless the costume and everything is really good you can just end up looking stupid... exept the hot chick cosplayers.. they don't need good costumes.

Nice picture Elmdor :D .. almost makes me want to watch whatever show that is.

cr
8th September 2004, 06:37 PM
I doubt that I'd ever do cosplay but if I did, I'd probably attempt to dress up like Magus from Chrono Trigger. Or maybe Shin from Macross Zero. Mac Zero fuggin kicks ass.

woot.

Elmdor
8th September 2004, 06:45 PM
Unless the costume and everything is really good you can just end up looking stupid... exept the hot chick cosplayers.. they don't need good costumes.

Nice picture Elmdor :D .. almost makes me want to watch whatever show that is.

Yeah a lot of people do look stupid doing it, but it's fun to look like the people who you perceive are cool. Oh, and thanks the sig is a pic of Mahoro from Mahoromatic.

XMrNiceguyX
9th September 2004, 02:04 AM
Cosplay? I don't personally like most cosplaying. I do, however, like a couple of cases in which the one cosplaying has actually made a good resemblance with the character he or she wanted to cosplay. Shamefully enough it seems most people try to cosplay to attract attention, not to imitate. This makes some of those cosplayers look helluva stupid and - in some extreme cases - disgusting.

ANd if you are asking me for a character I'd love to cosplay most, I'll have to say none. Simply due to the fact that I -know- I won't be able to imitate properly, nor am I an attention-seeker.

Marushia
9th September 2004, 02:40 AM
Nice picture Elmdor .. almost makes me want to watch whatever show that is.

Dude, it's all about the bike. That thing is so hot. ;)

I think I've said that in just about every thread I've seen you in, Elmdor.

I would dress up as Miroku the lecherous monk from InuYasha. I have a perverted personality just like Miroku, and just like Miroku... I get turned down by the ladies quite easily.

Heh, and I thought I was the only one. For some wierd reason, when I took the Inu Yasha tast on Quizilla, I got Sango as a match.

exept the hot chick cosplayers.. they don't need good costumes.

Just hot motorcycles. ;)

Shamefully enough it seems most people try to cosplay to attract attention, not to imitate.

What f-ing Luzrs.

ANd if you are asking me for a character I'd love to cosplay most, I'll have to say none. Simply due to the fact that I -know- I won't be able to imitate properly, nor am I an attention-seeker.

You're such a downer all the time, you know. Who cares if you can't make a decent costume. At least you're trying to imitate which is the important thing.

Oh, btw, this is my 100th post. :)

FireBlade2003
9th September 2004, 03:53 PM
Marushia I took a quizilla test too and I got Miroku though! :D
It asked me if my weapon of choice was a sword, staff, or boomerang. Yeah ok I picked the staff!

I was also Miroku at my halloween dance. It was a thing for my anime club to dress up as characters and I chose miroku. The only thing I had to pay for was the long purple cloth that wraps around him. I had a hell of a time figuring out how to wrap it too!

Marushia
10th September 2004, 06:22 PM
There's this one girl in my Anime Club who is dressing up as Sango and her "friend," who she nicknamed Miroku because of how he acts, is dressing up as ... Miroku. It's quite funny, actually.

I mentioned this in the last GUA but I shall restate it again.

I will be trying to cosplay as Nox Kitsune (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Marushia/Relic%20Hunters/Nox.jpg) for Halloween and I wish I had a g/f so that she could cosplay as his g/f Mimi Manzoku. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Marushia/Relic%20Hunters/Mimi0001.jpg) That's my dream cos for this year, anyway.