PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference in equipment?

MilkMyFetus
12th October 2005, 04:35 PM
In the spy and sentry equipment what is the difference between buying 2 items worth 30 at 250K and 1 item at 60 for 500K. is there any advantage to either or is it all just pointless fun and games? someone please fill me in here...

Diversion
12th October 2005, 04:51 PM
well no theorically

but one spy can only carry one weapon

so if you want to get the most out of your spies you only buy look out towers or skeleton keys

MilkMyFetus
12th October 2005, 04:56 PM
so I guess my next question would be, if your spy gets killed does the equipment he uses get lost too? and with sabbing and spying is more or less spies better?

Knights_who_say_ni
12th October 2005, 04:57 PM
Buying the more expensive weapons = less spies/sentries needed to hold them = less TBG lost to training soldiers to spies/sentries

EDIT: and no, you do not lose the weapons if your spy dies. I am no sabotage expert but I think the less spies you send, the less chance they have of being caught, but more spies can sabotage more weapons. If I recall correctly from last age, very few people attempted sabotage with more than 1 spy because they would always get caught.

MilkMyFetus
12th October 2005, 11:06 PM
Buying the more expensive weapons = less spies/sentries needed to hold them = less TBG lost to training soldiers to spies/sentries

EDIT: and no, you do not lose the weapons if your spy dies. I am no sabotage expert but I think the less spies you send, the less chance they have of being caught, but more spies can sabotage more weapons. If I recall correctly from last age, very few people attempted sabotage with more than 1 spy because they would always get caught.

thats what I always assumed too although I was never really able to sabotage.

Swift
13th October 2005, 06:27 AM
I hear some people are saying that 1 spy can sab a maximum of 40 IS' this age (elves 48) so this age should be fun :]

mibhunter
6th November 2005, 04:47 PM
What I'm confused with is why is there a X out of 25 spy place to put the # of spy if everyone's going to use 1? Is there any point in using more and putting your spys at risk other than trying to kill them off?

Thanks for your replies.

----MIBhunter

Anduine
6th November 2005, 05:04 PM
I hear some people are saying that 1 spy can sab a maximum of 40 IS' this age (elves 48) so this age should be fun :]
Only if you have level 10 covert skill and a skeleton key

What I'm confused with is why is there a X out of 25 spy place to put the # of spy if everyone's going to use 1? Is there any point in using more and putting your spys at risk other than trying to kill them off?
At higher levels you have to use more, because it increases the chances of seeing everything in order to hopefully sabotage.

Xull
6th November 2005, 06:26 PM
At higher levels you have to use more, because it increases the chances of seeing everything in order to hopefully sabotage.I'm pretty sure you still only use 1 spy each time... I'll see if I can succeed with 2 spies somtime though. Not now, but sometime...

Jezuzz
7th November 2005, 02:27 AM
Never send more spies then 1 it always failt so just send 1 spy :).

and sabbing 40 thats pretty difficult just go for 10 and you have more changes