PDA

View Full Version : 403 Forbidden

Pyrhhus
11th October 2005, 12:41 PM
About 1/3 of the time I try to do anything with KoC - logon, attack, train, et. al. - I get a 403 Forbidden error telling me I do not have permission to access the site. I have been playing KoC for about four weeks and this problem only started occurring about 5 days ago. Is there anything I can do to make it stop?

thanks
Pyrhhus

Heinrich_Himmler
11th October 2005, 12:44 PM
I have the same problem. It's really annoying. I had this problem since yesterday when the new age kicked in..

Zap
11th October 2005, 12:46 PM
there is nothing you can do solve the problem, there is something wrong with the KoC severs which causes a few 403 errors, the best thing you can try is to refresh the page

Destroyer1990
11th October 2005, 04:57 PM
let be a first to warn you, be very carefull, if you have a slow comp or are just plain impatient, you may hit refresh too many times, and this can cause you to spy twice, by the same thing twice, or attack twice and lose attack turns, this has happened to me and my officers

hockybear15
11th October 2005, 05:33 PM
yeah its been happening to me since late age 4. I just click back and then forward and it usually stops.

Xull
11th October 2005, 07:11 PM
let be a first to warn you, be very carefull, if you have a slow comp or are just plain impatient, you may hit refresh too many times, and this can cause you to spy twice, by the same thing twice, or attack twice and lose attack turns, this has happened to me and my officersThat shouldn't be a problem anymore since they fixed the captcha bug. For that matter you used to be able to go through every single player on koc and click their link with the same number :eek:

The captchas change on every access now, so unless you happen to have the same captcha twice in a row you probably won't perform an operation twice :)

However, when using recruiters, you may want some patience... If you are impatient you might not get your clicks registered and instead get a "You have already clicked this link" message ;)

SilentSavage
11th October 2005, 07:17 PM
i that error i gte it Every time!!!!

Balla
11th October 2005, 09:27 PM
That shouldn't be a problem anymore since they fixed the captcha bug. For that matter you used to be able to go through every single player on koc and click their link with the same number :eek:

The captchas change on every access now, so unless you happen to have the same captcha twice in a row you probably won't perform an operation twice :)

However, when using recruiters, you may want some patience... If you are impatient you might not get your clicks registered and instead get a "You have already clicked this link" message ;)

Well things such as selling weapons will let you do it twice... I refreshed and sold both my Dragonskins yesterday on accident... O well I make a DragonSkin a turn now plus have like 6 ISs...

Madkat
11th October 2005, 09:35 PM
well, im new to the whole game and such and i lost all, not just the number i was attacking with, but ALL of my attacks/turns because i got the forbidden thing.

not only that but ive also been losing gold trying to buy things and i get a "page cannot be displayed" page. i lose the money but i dont gain the item... thats a rather annoying/big problem if you ask me...

im not sure if it would be possible to get my 26 attacks back and 4k gold but i thought id bring this to your attention.

im done complaining now.

(this isnt the best way to get new players)

Xull
11th October 2005, 10:22 PM
Well things such as selling weapons will let you do it twice... I refreshed and sold both my Dragonskins yesterday on accident... O well I make a DragonSkin a turn now plus have like 6 ISs...Yeah... selling items and upgrades could be done twice... no captcha :o

They should implement their hash thing to prevent it from happening twice... meh, its their game :whatgives

i lost all, not just the number i was attacking with, but ALL of my attacks/turns because i got the forbidden thing.Whatever change they made last age sometime still causes the forbidden thing, they haven't fixed it yet :whatgives
hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I'm not sure that you lost your turns + attack because of the forbidden thing (possible) but it could also just be that the server is being overworked (it always is at the start of age) and thus some actions don't register :(

I suggest that you save your turns and attack later when things settle down and more people have a considerable amount of gold, though of course your own gold you still do have to spend.

Deathwantsme
11th October 2005, 10:28 PM
tnhe 403 shows up when the servers are under the most stress. The age just started so we get a lot. After the initial rush dies down, they wont show up so much. Just be patient(hard i know)they will go away.

Unknownat
11th October 2005, 10:49 PM
I can't even access the KoC homepage now because I get a database error message. But when I log in on a different computer, I have no problems. Can anyone offer any insight into this matter?

blanko
11th October 2005, 10:55 PM
that was happening to me for like an hour but is working fine now

STARBLASTER
11th October 2005, 11:56 PM
LOL
Yes it's been patchy lately.
I took a look ( when able to log in earlier ) at the home page stats
and there were 3 times more users online than during the last 24 hours of Age 5.***** oops....age 4.

krips
12th October 2005, 12:28 AM
I find that it's only for seconds or minutes that I get "database error"...

barda
12th October 2005, 12:59 AM
it may be just me, but is whenever i click on a link, sometimes, often enough, it will say i'm forbidden, all i do is push refresh but its getting really annoying!

~barda

never mind... lol

STARBLASTER
12th October 2005, 01:21 AM
...playing this early in the game. The poor old server gets overloaded.
Happened last age also.
If you get a chance just look at how many are online ( home page on right side ). There are more on than during the closing hours of Age 4.

SilverSable
12th October 2005, 09:16 AM
I merged two threads with the same question, just FYI.
Please remember to check already opened threads for the same problem, which oftentimes has the solution or ideas. :D

PhantomDark
12th October 2005, 05:17 PM
I have the same problem with the 403 error, it's not stopping me from buying stuff, and i'm not buying doubles of anything, but i did attack someone and it never showed up and for some reason half my mercs disappeared and none were killed in combat :whatgives but i did not have that many so it dose not really matter, it's just really annoying.

ShadowdancingDruid
12th October 2005, 06:48 PM
I've been having that problem quite a lot as well, as have many of my officers. It's an extreme annoyance and really slows things up. If it is indeed caused by a heavy load on the server, would it not be prudent to add a backup server during these times to help with the load?

Monsuco
12th October 2005, 08:06 PM
Ok, for those of you who don't understand what the server is doing, basicly, at the start of each age, tons and tons of people are active at the same time. The servers were not ment to have this many people on at the same time. They cannot handle the stress so they start acting weird and loosing track of data and creating these errors called 403 errors. This problem is only temporary. Eventually, people will stop clicking as much and the server will no longer be overloaded. This will last for a week or two more. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT! Sorry, this is a server problem, not an error in the games coding. It happened last age too! It tends to happen at the start of each age. It will go away.

Silver lady
13th October 2005, 12:20 PM
That shouldn't be a problem anymore since they fixed the captcha bug. For that matter you used to be able to go through every single player on koc and click their link with the same number :eek:

sorry mate but that doesn't happen I have just lost four attack points as a result of the catcha system not displaying properly, in the attack area. Seems we are in for a rough time of it. At least untill it settles down again/ :wavebye: